• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Jumpers [Episodic Time travel RP]

Uncultured

Dreamer/Cynic
Although possible, traveling to the past is strictly forbidden, preventing alterations in the universes continuity. However, rules are always tested by some and broken by others, and this case is no different. For a laboratory research assistant, driven mad with curiosity, has stolen a recently developed "Jump Drive", melting away into the annals of history after re-engineering the device to take one backwards through time instead of forward.

This has caused disaster, for despite the benign intentions of the rogue, his existence in the past has altered continuity, causing a temporal rip that threatens the existence of the universe as the present attempts to reconsile with past, two puzzle pieces now ill fit to match, being torn apart by the force of time ripping at the seems.

To remedy this, a group has been assembled. One consisting of military personell along with scientific, medical, archeological, anthropological and linguistic experts. The goal? To fix the past. To find each "shatterpoint" in the temporal nexus and repair damage by setting history back on course, as with each moment the rift persists, the present weakens.

The secondary objective, behind patching the Nexus to maintain the present, is to find the assistant's jump point, where ever it may lie in the past. To find this original jump point, the expedition must follow the trail of shatterpoints, fixing errors in continuity as they do so, searching for the place in time where the rogue first traveled.

---

This RP is very episodic, with story arches that take place one after another in different locations and times, with objectives being clear cut, each arch being about fixing "incorrect" history. Once the time distortion has been repaired, the group returns to the present, gets assigned a new shatterpoint to investigate, gets geared up and heads out again, with only a day of rest if that.

I will have an explanation of time travel in this universe but please allow for logical discrepancies as a fool proof time travel theory is about as possible as sharks with laser beems. I'll answer questions to the best of my ability, but some questions will be answered with

wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-gif-3.gif

Different eras, alternate history, what if situations, historical figures and story arches of various tones will all be present, from dark to comedic, mystery to action, etc. You can always swap in and out between characters when the group returns to the present. So if you get bored of one character they can "sub out" so to speak and you can bring in someone else.

I'm pretty lax as a GM, but please follow whatever rules I create. The CS won't require any coding knowledge or skill. If you want to code your CS, feel free but please use a mobile friendly code as I'm usually on my phone.

Attachments

• wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-gif-3.gif
    wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-gif-3.gif
    723.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Interesteddddd I’d like to play medic maybe
You definitely can if you're interested in a role like that.

Making it doubly interesting is the different medical technology of eras where we travel. One era will have modern tech, others may not know what bacteria is and amputate with dirty blades. Of course you'd have your tools with you, but God forbid they get destroyed or damaged...

Plus the accusations of witchcraft. Expect a few of those.

I am so interested! this sounds great!!! Just picturing having to wear different time appropriate costumes to blend in sound cool! I assume the military personnel is the one who is kind of the protector and make sure nothing goes bad along the way right? Cause that is something I would like to do

I am so interested! this sounds great!!! Just picturing having to wear different time appropriate costumes to blend in sound cool! I assume the military personnel is the one who is kind of the protector and make sure nothing goes bad along the way right? Cause that is something I would like to do

Yeah for sure. After returning from each mission the crew gets decked out in age appropriate costumes for their next mission.... With a modern twist. Such as a tunic made of Kevlar weave to stop arrows or a suit of knights armor that enhances strength, or perhaps heat seeking arrows or a sword that can't be dulled and can cut through steel, idk, I'll have a character similar to James Bonds' "Q" who will have a fresh batch of inventions for us on each mission.

And yeah, the soldiers are there to protect everyone and also serve as the top of the spear for fixing shatterpoints as a lot of the time, fixing history is gonna require a hammer.

There will be missions that can be done with no bloodshed but there are other alternate history situations where violence will be needed and the soldiers are there to handle the brunt of that. Although everyone will be allowed to have decent combat characters if desired (gun toting anthropologists) the soldiers sole focus and specialization is on this.

Last edited:
Yeah for sure. After returning from each mission the crew gets decked out in age appropriate costumes.... With a modern twist. Such as a tunic made of Kevlar weave to stop arrows or a suit of armor that enhances strength, idk, I'll have a character similar to James Bonds' "Q" who will have a fresh batch of inventions for us on each mission.

And yeah, the soldiers are there to protect everyone and also serve as the top of the spear for fixing shatterpoints as a lot of the time, fixing history is gonna require a hammer.

There will be missions that can be done with no bloodshed but there are other alternate history situations where violence will be needed and the soldiers are there to handle the brunt of that. Although everyone will be allowed to have decent combat characters if desired (gun toting anthropologists ahoe!) the soldiers sole focus and specialization is on this.
Ahhhh this has me so excited I already have a character in place for any role I get and costumes for multiple eras already planned! Haha let me know any updates or when we start!

You definitely can if you're interested in a role like that.

Making it doubly interesting is the different medical technology of eras where we travel. One era will have modern tech, others may not know what bacteria is and amputate with dirty blades. Of course you'd have your tools with you, but God forbid they get destroyed or damaged...

Plus the accusations of witchcraft. Expect a few of those.

Sounds like fun

Hmm...interested!
Interested!
Interested!
Sounds like fun
Ahhhh this has me so excited I already have a character in place for any role I get and costumes for multiple eras already planned! Haha let me know any updates or when we start!
Interested

OK so if yall all down with it I can start setting things up. It's been a while since a lot of you said you'd be down but if we got 7 then that should be a good starting point.

Ooo room for one more??
Hey you still accepting?
This is pretty unique, I’d like to join as a Military or Linguistics agent if possible¿
if you're willing to take up another, i wanna jump in :D

Yeah you can all join. It looks like we should be able to field 5-10 people off the start so I'll be putting time into the thread creation tonight. Stay tuned.

Pretty much any role is allowed right now, and you're not set in stone. Every episode ends with the gang returning to "Base time line" and from there you can swap in and out different characters if you'd like. Also means that the RP is always join able.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back