• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Juggernauts: Mechs vs. Bugs

I am sure we can work out the details and stats for a "(not) Gundam," as you put it. Let me offer the most appropriate Battletech versions:

If you like, these are two highly adaptable designs. If you want something more specific, contact me with details.
Another question: will you allow melee focused builds and will this be on RPN?

I mean can my mech be a close combat melee type, complete with swords or some other melee weapon.
Yes. There are rules for Swords, Hatchets, Maces and other weapons that can be used. Most mechs that use melee weapons have them calculated into the weapons build for perfect balance. Here is a list of mechs with melee weapons: if none of these appeal to you, we can discuss alternatives.

Yes. There are rules for Swords, Hatchets, Maces and other weapons that can be used. Most mechs that use melee weapons have them calculated into the weapons build for perfect balance. Here is a list of mechs with melee weapons: if none of these appeal to you, we can discuss alternatives.

Okay, I found 2 I want to use.
The Crosscutter and the Jade Hawk.

They both look great to use but I have no idea which to go for.

Maybe in backstory my guy could have "Borrowed" a Crosscut that was originally ment to be used for repair and construction, but an attack from bugs egged him into getting into the robot to fight the enemy off.

Okay, I found 2 I want to use.
The Crosscutter and the Jade Hawk.

They both look great to use but I have no idea which to go for.

Maybe in backstory my guy could have "Borrowed" a Crosscut that was originally ment to be used for repair and construction, but an attack from bugs egged him into getting into the robot to fight the enemy off.
I would highly recommend the 75 ton Jade Hawk over the 30 ton Crosscut. The Jade Hawk is a fast, well armored, specialized combat machine: the crosscut is simply a small industrial grade mech that has some potential for attack and defense.

I would highly recommend the 75 ton Jade Hawk over the 30 ton Crosscut. The Jade Hawk is a fast, well armored, specialized combat machine: the crosscut is simply a small industrial grade mech that has some potential for attack and defense.
Sounds like a plan

Not exactly. I mean, he'd probably have some experience from piloting an Crosscut before the current time in the rp.
I like that image! He jumps into a Crosscut to save himself and a small village, they "donate" the mech to him to keep them safe, the Aetrobus Defense Force hears about and recruits him, toss him a shiny new mech and say "go to town!" I am thinking when he tries out the new mech, it's love at first sight...

I cannot say that I have any familiarity with the Lancer program, and that is in spite of just doing some checking online. I can appreciate that the writers are trying to create something new, and I am open to hearing some description of what you're going for and see if it works in our world. My main concern is that I don't want other mecha with tech that blows everything else out of the water and dominates the game. Of course, if you can provide me with some specs I can take a look and see if it's something we can work with.
If you have a discord we can chat there

Lolz! That's beautiful! We have one other massive spider mech: this will fit in beautifully. From the size of the rear gun, I'm going to estimate this as a 200-ton mech with appropriate weapons and armor. That sound good?

2253ECB8-865F-43C3-9D3F-C1542EDCB3B4.jpeg
this is Pz VIII Maus, it weights 180 tons

1237971B-CB67-4CD8-AF06-5CA1426BDA96.png
And this is abrams. Weights…less than 70 tons. I think this weight would make more sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back