• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Juggernauts: Mechs vs. Bugs (OOC)

To shadowdude505 shadowdude505 : thanks for a nicely done charry sheet, the first of the batch!

I'm gonna wait until I find out how many of the interest hits I received turn into actual characters, then bring in all these "replacements" as one big group. So please bear with me: it might take a couple of days to introduce you.

To shadowdude505 shadowdude505 : thanks for a nicely done charry sheet, the first of the batch!

I'm gonna wait until I find out how many of the interest hits I received turn into actual characters, then bring in all these "replacements" as one big group. So please bear with me: it might take a couple of days to introduce you.
Thanks ^^

That’s fine. In the meantime, could you get me up to speed on the weapons? (Specifically the one’s on Mikasa’s mech.) I’m wondering about the missile ammo count, and things like range, what level of armor/bug they can damage, and how the heat from the PPC works (since it makes its own ammo.) I’ve been trying to find it on the link, but I’m not familiar with Battletech. I’m not sure what important stats are carrying over to this.

I did add the game to my Steam Wishlist, might check it out in the future.

Here is a direct link to the page I was thinking of using: Warhammer IIC

Your specific design would be the IIC 2, with two LRM15 packs and four tons of ammo (enough for 16 rounds of constant fire). I believe the SRM6 has 1 ton of ammo: for heat and ammo preservation I suggest we upgrade that to a Streak model, which only fires when it achieves a definite lock / hit. That means you actually hit 15 times before you run out of ammo.

The Streak SRM6 has a maximum range of 12 (360 meters), the LRM15 a range of 21 (630 meters), and the ER PPCs a range of 23 (690 meters). Missiles will not travel further than maximum range: PPC shots only do 5 pts of damage and no heat to the enemy past the max range.

LRMs do one point of damage per standard missile: SRMs do two, but all SRM missiles hit the same target. Incendiary missiles do double damage for each type and set fires which, if untreated, stay burning and damaging for the following three rounds. You may load standard or incendiary rounds by the ton: eight LRM shots per ton. Thus, 8 standard and 24 shots of incendiary probably your best bet since you usually want to burn, but want the option not to.

One point of damage injures a soldier: five points kills them. ER PPCs generate 15 points of damage per hit plus fifteen points of excess heat. This is enough to penetrate both Mamas and Tankers, and the heat makes them snap, crackle and pop. Two shots should kill a Mama (at which point, her "babies" swarm), five or so should take down a Tanker.

You want to say away from Fire bugs and Plasma bugs. They are both immune to heat and to PPCs.

Ankle munchers are tough to kill, but four or five shots from a PPC can usually do it if you can keep them above ground long enough. Air scouts, I recommend LRMs: any hit can cause them to crash, which isn't always fatal but often works.

Air Warriors are easy targets, as they hover in place and have delicate wing structures. Just try not to drop them right on top of friendly troops.

Scorpion bugs take four to five hits from a PPC. Trapdoor bugs die pretty easily if you can just hit them above ground.

If you have any other questions, contact me as always.

OK, here’s the idea of Germany in this RP

1E4482DC-CC38-4479-BE1E-3734D2F6344F.jpeg

In the aftermath of the great war that collapsed most nation states, with the death of the Bundeskanzler and the majority of the Federal Republic’s leadership, the planet of Waldreich, a forest planet that Germanic coloniser once prides as an industrial powerhouse with it’s various factories and products of top notch quality had fallen into chaos and lawlessness, consumed by the gang wars fought between countless crime syndicates, private corporations and political parties. Saddened by the planet’s state, the Bundeswehr found itself the sole remaining organisation capable of restoring order. German military swiftly took control of government and reclaimed territories devastated by the war, the new military government eschewed the chaos with iron fist policy, in which over 400 prominent politicians, mob boss and entrepreneurs alike were assassinated, before the Imperial State of Germany was established under the rule of Empress Konstanze Leopold Adalhard von und zu Guttenberg, former Chief of General Staff of the Bundeswehr.

FB574B6B-6B73-47D0-A2A0-C2BEA4E1FB26.jpeg

Surging in growth after the post-war reunification, the German Empire boasts a proud history of technological achievements, sophisticated industrial developments, and economic prowess. The nation is particularly famed for its terraforming methods and its numerous technology exports. German-made spacecraft are highly regarded, with Germaniawerft-built transports a common sight in orbit of nearly every major world. A strict adherence to State-Controlled Economy Policy has turned the German economy into a machine of the state itself, with a heavy reliance on robotics in manufacturing and raw material processing.

With over 6 billion citizens, the German Empire is one of the most populous nation within the known world. Its peoples are primarily Germanic yet include numerous ethnic and cultural groups from across the whole of human civilisation. Political, cultural, social and personal rights are equal under law for all citizens. The Empire's legislation is based on two organs, the Bundesrat (upper house) and the Reichstag (parliament). There are universal suffrage for the Reichstag; however, Bundesrat members are appointed by the monarch, drawn from peerage as life peer on advice of the Imperial Chancellor, and legislation would have to pass both houses.

At the heart of Imperial German society remains the Armed Forces.

64055637-9953-4180-9CDD-F4B9997FCF2D.jpeg

All citizens are obligated to serve 15 months in the military, or alternatively, in civil protection organizations involved in disaster relief, emergency medical services, and frontier colonization efforts. Support for the military is very high across the whole of German society; a career in the armed forces is regarded as especially prestigious.

C598A555-10F1-4F38-B275-76174911C494.jpeg

The German military system sought to identify military talent at the lower levels and develop it thoroughly through academic training and practical experience on division, corps and higher staffs, up to the Great General Staff, the senior planning body of the army. It provided planning and organizational work during peacetime and wartime.

The Prussian virtues from the ancient times are being promoted in the society, as the poet from the distant past once said "He whom swears on Prussia's banner has nothing more his own to bear."

Last edited:
Excellent workup! Given that we are on a single world, Aetrobus 5, should we say the nation there is a colony of Waldreich, with its own factories and military? That would work well... how common would you say the spider mechs are there? I was originally assuming they would be fairly rare, but the look they have in your materials, I would guess fairly common?

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford : thank you, good to see you back. Please note we only need a nation from you, not a whole planet, as all action will be taking place on Aetrobus 5, a mixed-climate world resembling Earth. Thanks!

<You may load standard or incendiary rounds by the ton: eight LRM shots per ton. Thus, 8 standard and 24 shots of incendiary probably your best bet since you usually want to burn, but want the option not to.>

Gwalihir Gwalihir What about the short range missiles? With 15 shots per ton on the SRM-6 (and 1 ton of ammo), should all 15 missiles be incendiary?

Excellent workup! Given that we are on a single world, Aetrobus 5, should we say the nation there is a colony of Waldreich, with its own factories and military? That would work well... how common would you say the spider mechs are there? I was originally assuming they would be fairly rare, but the look they have in your materials, I would guess fairly common?
As common as like the Pz IV in WW2, I’d say

Though mine is more like the Romans. Military service is not required but it gives you various benefits, the most important being the ability to serve in public office, alongside various pentients based off of rank, awards, and years of service.
Do veterans get lands distributed to them after they retired as legionaries like the ancient Romans?

Do veterans get lands distributed to them after they retired as legionaries like the ancient Romans?
Yep! Though the amount depends on the previously mentioned factors. A highly decorated war hero with years of service and a high rank would get much more land and benefits than a grunt that served for a fee years and never got past the equivalent of a corporal. I actually based the idea of awards increasing your pentient after the Soviet Union

Yep! Though the amount depends on the previously mentioned factors. A highly decorated war hero with years of service and a high rank would get much more land and benefits than a grunt that served for a fee years and never got past the equivalent of a corporal. I actually based the idea of awards increasing your pentient after the Soviet Union
Are the structures the same, like Legate, Tribune, Camp Prefects, Centurion, Decanus etc?

<You may load standard or incendiary rounds by the ton: eight LRM shots per ton. Thus, 8 standard and 24 shots of incendiary probably your best bet since you usually want to burn, but want the option not to.>

Gwalihir Gwalihir What about the short range missiles? With 15 shots per ton on the SRM-6 (and 1 ton of ammo), should all 15 missiles be incendiary?
Yes, all 15 loads (of 6 missiles each) would be incendiary.

I'm afraid I'm a bit short on history of WWII tanks. I am guessing PZ IV stands for Panzer model # 4, but I have no idea if those were incredibly rare or everywhere.
It’s the workhorse of the german army back then, around 8,500 were made, not as plentiful as stuff like M4 Sherman (around 50,000 built) or T-34 (around 84,000 built) but not really a rarity either.

It’s the workhorse of the german army back then, around 8,500 were made, not as plentiful as stuff like M4 Sherman (around 50,000 built) or T-34 (around 84,000 built) but not really a rarity either.
Thank you. That's a helpful perspective.

Question! Geography... Do we want the various nation states more or less in similar geographic locations as on Earth? It would make sense that they would look for such. In that case the Romans and the Germans would be on the same vast land mass as well as some other nations, while the Americans would basically have a continent to themselves. The Romans and Germans would excel at land combat, the Americans less so, but more at naval combat.

Does this make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back