• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

JRPG-esque Magi-Industrial Roleplay (Hosted Project)

JRPG

Member Title

A prophecy regarding the world's demise to an immense tidal wave was made public only several years ago.

A voice calls to you, "Save the world," before your body is transported to a crystal cave. Inside the cave, you see others who express themselves with freight, surprise, or confusion. And then, after you witness the last individual materialize in the crystal cave, the voice speaks again:

"Another tidal wave bearing immense destruction is destined to flood the Orainne landmass. You heroes have been chosen to prevent this world's destiny. Locate the Partholon ruins near Eamhain, for the ruins contain the necessary components to save the world. For myself, I cannot save this world, as I'm bound to this fragmented crystal by circumstance, so I leave this important task to you heroes. However, I shall provide communication to guide you all, but only in short bursts, as my energy is severely weakened within this form. If you heroes are successful, I shall grant unto each of you a wish for all your troubles. Go forth, or ignore the world's plea."

The voice finishes its' speech, and the heroes are either intrigued, determined, or dumbfounded by the predicament. Will they venture to save the world, to seek out the validity of the prophecy, or will they ignore the call? A wish is quite tempting, but can they trust this voice? If the heroes want answers, they're left with only one choice: To locate the Partholon ruins. Thus, the heroes' Odyssey to Eamhain begins.

Currently, I'll accept a minimum of 5 roleplayers, and a maximum of 10 roleplayers. This is subject to change, depending on the popularity of the roleplay.

Clarifications

1. Eamhain is a City-State within the Orainne landmass.
  2. Partholons are an ancient race.

Expectations

1. Detailed, quality posts with a minimum of 5 lines, not including dialogue, but post size is determined by a 14 size font.
  2. Adequate grammar and spelling.
  3. Post at least once a week, and if you need to go on Hiatus, please let me know.

Features

1. Combat System (Dice are used, and the rules are fairly simple. Only around 3-7 pages of information. Check the hosted project!)
  2. Growth (Characters will grow with our stat system)
  3. Objectives System. (There's no one known choice. Characters will have a multitude of objectives, and choices).
  4. Character Focus. (Along the plot's journey, character side quests may occur depending on the roleplayers' preference.)
  5. Story Chapters. (Just like any JRPG, there will be new chapters every month, or so in order to keep the RP fresh).
  6. Multi-genre. (Romance/Action/Exploration/Whimsical/Fantasy/Magic/Industrial).
  7. World-Building. (Roleplayers are free to add races, locations, etc. to the lore).
  8. Lore (Ancient races, Crystals, Alien Viruses, Robots, Goblins, Faeries, Supernatural, Machina, and more).
  9. Magic Industrial Setting. (Explore a scientific, industrial world with crystals as its main energy source. Expect trains, automobiles, airships).
  10. Additional information is in the Hosted Project. Feel free to join to check it out.

Looking for Co-GMS, World Builders, and Roleplayers!

We currently have 9 roleplayers interested, but there's still room!

Last edited by a moderator:
The roleplay will start when five character sheets are filled! However, there's still room to join. Only 4 spots out of 10 left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't seem to find the JRPG after the move. Broken link in your signature.

It probably got moved to a place I haven't looked yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back