• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Journey to the New World {OPEN}

Shabazz

TURN 1
Sotoya
It had been months since the crew of the ship, or its passengers, had last seen land. Many had lost their lives due to sea-sickness and disease and, to make matters even worse, the float was running out of food.

"Sir, how shall we ration the remaining goods?"
"Save it, Williams, we can go a day without."
"But, the childre-"
"The children were children when they first boarded this ship! Now they are young men and women."
"LAND HO!" The voice of a young watcher up in the crows nest pierced through the air. Everyone on the ship immediately stopped what they were doing and ran to the bow.

There, only a few hours sail away, was the New World, the land the rulers of The Republic of Sotoya were dreaming about for years. Schools of fish could be seen in the water, swimming along side ship-sized snakes with fins. To the north appeared vast plains filled with tall grass and large boulders. To the west and south-west was a forest of trees that looked like their branches were reaching for the sun. In the distance, to the north-west, the mountain range stretched into the sky, surpassing even the clouds.

This was the New World. This was home now.

"Sir, were shall we drop anchor? Your people are eager to settle the continent."
Pat Pat

United Kingdom of Aldwyn-Lorithica
Three wars, three wars it had taken the United Kingdom of Aldwyn-Lorithica to recognize that its own citizens were too pricey a payment for expansion. No, this time the 10 ship strong armada would not make the same mistake as it traveled west across the ocean towards the New World.

"Sir, one of your crew members has spotted something on the horizon."
"Give me that spyglass. What could it be? I hope not a Sotoyan float."
"Well, what do you see?"
"It-it's-no it can't be, but it is!"
"What is it?"
"The New World, the one we'll be telling fantastic stories about for decades. We're here!"

The ships people gathered on the deck to see what was going on. It was truly the continent they all had been waiting so long for. In the north they saw a boreal forest and, behind it, mountains with snowy peaks. To the west was grassland, perfect for farming, and south of it was a large hilled area.

"So, where should we build our first settlement?"
Hypnos Hypnos

Wulfian Empire
The ship was pumping with excitement. The lookout had just spotted the first glimpse of land for many months of sailing. On and on, eastward and eastward until finally the future looked bright as the sun reflecting off the ocean water.

"No no no, it's just an island!"
"What? No, that can't be possible." A dim silence fell over the crowd.
"No look through the spyglass, it's an island. It has grass and rocks and colorful trees, but nothing more."
"But, but, over there on the left, away from the island! Do you see that? Do you see the bay? Do you see the large river that flows to the north?"
"And the trees that line the river to the east."
"And the marsh down to the south."
"WE FOUND IT!" A resounding cheer erupted from the people as they cheered for their leader.

And it was true, they had found the New World, ready to be settled by the Wulfian Empire. All that mattered now was choosing where to drop anchor.
Master Hand Master Hand

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/jo...ns-information-ooc.328584/page-2#post-7788847

Last edited:
Targaryen Dynasty
The Targrayen Dynasty, once a pulsating nation of war and riches, is on the brink of extinction. Many leaders who brought it to greatness have perished in battle. The nation would have been in a state of utter hopelessness if it were not for one thing, the New World. The nation gave it's strongest men, most valiant warriors and most skilled captains the task of establishing a new home, a new Dynasty. And, at last, here they were

"It's beautiful isn't it?"
"Paradise."
"It looks like we have a lot of forest to work with, in the north, west and the south."
"Yes, and the hills closer to the coast will be perfect for mining. And that big crag would be perfect for a lighthouse of some sort."

"Not to mention farms in the south western corner, over there."
"Well sir, it's your call where we drop anchor and begin to settle. Remember, your people need you."

Rysesaka Rysesaka

CARTOGRAPHER'S DEN
Republic of Sotoya
View attachment 303366
View attachment 303367
Wulfian Empire
View attachment 303365
Targaryen Dynasty
View attachment 303368

Satoya

"To the North," Sir Roland announced to Williams, "we shall replenish our stores with this land's bounty and prepare ourselves there for our future expeditions into the interior of this undiscovered country."

He raised his voice so that it could break through the jubilant cheers of his fellows at the sighting of their salvation. "We claim this treasured land for our Lord and homeland!"

The very air seemed to shake with their unified and thunderous reply. "FOR GOD AND COUNTRY!"

Williams turned and relayed his order to the crew and the ship swung portside towards it's new bearing and purpose. Soon the din of men resumed and were joined by the woman and children that have rushed up from the depths of the ship to get a better look at the New World. Roland looked up proudly at the watcher that began climbing down from the crows nest and clapped the fair-haired boy on the back. "What is your name?"

"Taff, Sir." The boy respectively replied to Roland's pleasure.

"Tonight you'll dine at my table. I will see that you are aptly rewarded for your efforts." Roland released his grip on Taff's shoulder and witnessed the child be engulfed by a small gathering of friends and excited peers. Laughing softly, he turned his eyes across the ever-shrinking sea towards the object of his dreams.

<•> <•> <•>

Several hours later the seven hundred Satoyans- Roland included, happily disembarked from the vessel that had served as their home and prison for the last few months. The voyage had taken a toll on their spirits and health, but now, with solid earth beneath their feet, their morale improved significantly. It wasn't long before they looked to their Baron for guidance, and Roland obliged, assigning the six hundred and ninety nine souls under his charge to seven groups. Five of these would be builders, one were to be merchants, and the final ninety-nine were to be settlers and found New Jonse, with him personally overseeing their erection of basic townhouses constructed with supplies unloaded from the ship. Reaching for a bottle of champagne featured prominently in his office that shimmered with candlelight, he pondered as he nursed the drink when the three groups of builders he had dispatched would return from their task of building a trio of farms a little ways outside of town and rejoin the two of their brethren that have took a break from their building of a grand marketplace inside of New Jonse. After all, it wouldn't be proper etiquette to begin festivities without them.

New Jonse was established by Sir Roland.

Three new farms are under construction, located adjacent to New Jonse, with one Builder assigned to each. All three will reach completion by Turn 2.

Three new lumbermills are under construction, located adjacent to New Jonse, with one Builder assigned to each. All three will reach completion by Turn 2.

(7x4=28, -6 = 22)

22 Gold will be gained in taxes by Turn 2.

Last edited:
Aldwyn-Lorithica

Barely registering the excited murmurs of his crew, the Duke of Cunliffe allowed himself a brief moment of satisfaction, his mouth curling into a smug grin as he pulled the spyglass to his eye once more, examining the terrain in order to fully take in the immense scale of what he had accomplished. Prior to now the New World had been nothing but rumours, a legendary foreign land with untapped natural resources and as much wealth as there was stars in the sky: a fantasy told to give false hope to the war weary citizens of Aldwyn and her sister nation as both Kingdoms struggled to stay afloat both financially and militarily. Not anymore. Discovering such an elusive treasure would be enough to bring hope back to the Aldwo-Lorithican people and it would cement the name of Adolphus von Lindheim in the history books for all eternity. More importantly however, this untouched land would offer opportunity to amass great wealth for the initial settlers and those who followed them and the Duke rested easy knowing that his family, his country and his king would never be want for anything again.

“Sir Ulrich!” The Duke broke free from his awed state for a moment, barking orders at any who would listen. “Drop anchor by the outskirts of the great forest to our port side and call for the other captains I want everyone gathered above the deck before we begin to dock.” The Duck could barely contain his excitement, his words slurring slightly due to the speed at which he was trying to say them. “This moment marks a new era for Aldwers and Lorithicans alike. Woe to the man who misses it.”

Watching for a second as his lieutenant conveyed his orders to the rest of the crew, the Duke made his way below deck for a moment for a much needed glass of brandy and a few things that he would need to conduct the official christening ceremony of this new land, his new land. He had prepared his speech many months ago when he had first been sent out upon this voyage by order of the king, though over time he had grown doubtful that he would ever get to use it. Now was time to create his legacy. He grabbed the large Aldwo-Lorithican flag from its perch by the door of his cabin and made his way back to the top deck of his ship where he was met by the faces of hundred of anticipating settlers, ready to start their new life.

“Today, my friends, marks the beginning of a new start for Aldwers and Lorithicans across the world, for we have shown our resilience and discovered a new world.” A cheer could be heard erupting from from some of the rowdier members of the crew. “We have truly shown ourselves to be God’s favoured people, for he has blessed us for land on which children, and our children’s children will will live and flourish upon.” The Duke gestured for the gangplank to be moved towards the land, clutching the flag in a tight grip. “I hereby claim this land in the name of the King, his excellency Karl Frederick III of the noble house of Alde-Harkon and Haessler in whose honour I christen this new land Karlsreich.” As he spoke he flag firmly into the dirt, trying to use all of the showmanship he could muster. “Upon this soil we shall construct a great city in the honour of our lord, one that will rival even those of Alwyn’s golden age all bar witness for today marks the birth of ‘St’ Feodor’”

St. Feodor was established as the capital of Karlsreich by Adolphus von Lindheim, Duke of Cunliffe.

A Farm, Hunter's Cabin and a Lumber Mill begin construction by the city to be completed next turn.

The 1st Royal Lorithican Hussars begin to scout out the land for potential spots for a second settlement.

14 Gold is collected in taxes.
Ada8zMX.png

Last edited:
Republic of Cassardis
On a quiet morning, in the middle of the ocean blue, a float of ships sent far from the borders of Cassardis was drifting through. Not a person could be seen, and not a mouse could be gazed. In fact, the Cassardians had not eaten for days.

"Sir, I require your attention."
"What is it? I'm trying to get some rest. We haven't seen land for months, you know. The least thing you could let a man could do is come to terms with the fact that he will never see land again. It's over, OVER!"
"That's what I came to talk about. We spotted gulls flying high above the ocean surface."
"Gulls? That could only mean one thi-"
"LAND HO!"

Giovanni Biquard, the man who had been entrusted to lead the Cassardians to the new world, rushed to the deck. There it was, in front of his eyes, the New World. It was paradise, more beautiful than anything he had seen before. There were mountains far to the east but, before them a mighty forest of trees that reached for several hundred feet into the air. South of the forest was a great lake and beyond it, to the south-east, were large rock formations.

"So, Giovanni, what do you think?"
"This might just be my body expelling the salt water I drank but, I think I'm going to cry."
"Haha, where do you think would be a good place to dock? Your people are eager to set foot on the New World."

download - Edited.png

Elucid Elucid

Last edited:
Wulfian Empire
The people cheered for their leader, as he gazed out towards that final stretch of sea, the distance between their proud ships and new lands slowly shrinking. It was none other than the king's most trusted duke, Alban Vancolt, that was deemed worthy of the great honor of securing new lands and resources for The Empire. After taking in the glory of his accomplishment, and examining the lands that would come to be their new home, he turned around to face the growing crowd. He had to wait but a few moments before the sight of him, standing tall with sword in hand and royal guard beside him, allowed him to speak.

"Men, we have sailed for days, weeks, and months, searching for new lands to discover, to help our fatherland prosper. We have endured many hardships to arrive here, and more than that, we have had to leave our homeland as well as our trusted friends and comrades, left behind to maintain its success. But it is not in our place to dwell in memories nor to question that which cannot be answered, but to look towards the future. Look upon these great plains. These sweeping forests. These massive rivers. These lands will be our home, and what is in our place is to make it our home. We will not feel weary from travel nor the longing for the grand city of Coltor for we will build a new Coltor! We will build new buildings. Our castle walls will stretch upwards to the heavens, our markets will be as large as capitals, our homes the size of mansions! And most of all, we will spread the glory of the Wulfian Empire, and finally vanquish our enemies, both here and on the old continent! It is here," he said, his sword pointed towards the north, towards the expanse of grassy plains, "it is here that we begin our rise for glory! It is here that we not only succeed, but surpass even our homeland in greatness!"

By this point the Duke had his sword raised high in the air, and the cheers of his people had raised to surpass even his own speech. He rose his voice to finish, "Long live His Excellency King Andrew IX, The Honorable Duke Vancolt, and above all, long may the supreme flag of the Empire of Wulfia wave above all others!"

The royal guard handed The Empire's flag to the Duke, perfectly preserved for this crucial moment, who proceeded to hold it high alongside his sword. Moments later the flag was planted firmly in the ground, amid a patch of similarly colored plants, and within the hour work had began to create the city that would come to be known as Nova Coltor.

Nova Coltor was founded by the Wulfian Duke, Alban Vancolt, and will become known as the capital.

A hunter's cabin and a farm have begun construction by the two builder units to feed the populous.

Half of The Wulfian Royal Guard, the other half of which are ordered to protect the Duke and keep order among the people, keeps watch at the outskirts of the settlement, and attempts to see further inland with the help of the few spyglasses on hand.

15 Gold, with the help of a merchant unit, is collected in taxes.

THE REPUBLIC OF CASSARDIS
The men on board were elated , a moment ago they were cursing the fates above who had doomed them on a perilous journey to a land that did not exist but now their joy knew no bounds they had reached their destination paradise itself . Grown hardened men wept at the sheer beauty of the place and from every corner of the deck praises of the lord creator could be heard.

Giovanni Biquard , a large pot bellied man in his late 30's walked to the center of the deck in order to address his men . All on board went silent. Giovanni was a respected man back in Cassardis a veteran of many a voyage bringing silk and gold from the far east back home gaining a reputation as an honest man in the process something that is in short supply in the world as is. One would however ask how come a well respected veteran from an important house of Cassardis is made to lead a dangerous expedition to the new world ? The simple answer would be that Giovanni lost the favor of his doge , but its more than that , many suspect that if Giovanni would have run in the next election he could have won by a landslide but it would seem that the doge wishes to grant that position onto his firstborn son. No matter though Giovanni saw this as an opportunity , a chance to etch his name into Cassardian history for all to see . After all what good is a man unable to adapt.

"Hold your horses men !!! , I know that it is a great relief to find that this land we sought really does exist however we are not out of danger yet who knows what kind of foul beasts roam this land , what native savages call this place their home. If we are to survive we must be cautious and diligent , that means lay off the rum for a few days. Of course I know me telling you to do so is of no use but you can't say I didn't try. Alright on with your work men."

"Roberto , may i see you in my quarters please"

Roberto Giovanni's second in command the quartermaster of the ship strides past the working men into Giovanni's quarters where the two men have a drink and exchange pleasantries before getting down to business .

"So , Roberto I need you to instruct the men to make camp between the two rivers that flow from that great lake them men report to have seen . This in my view is the perfect spot to set up a town , easy to defend with river crossings a lake and the sea practically forming a protective cover , with ample resources around . After we do land I want the men to quickly begin working on establishing a source of food. Am i clear ?"

"Certainly sir , i will get right to it."

New Cassardis established by Giovanni Biquard

A Farm and a Lumbermill and a Hunters Cabin begin construction , with workers assigned to the Farm and Lumbermill on construction.

MAP.jpg

Last edited:
Targaryen Dynasty
Recently the Targaryens are an exiled people including its nation and their capital was moved to a large remote island which is several kilometers away from the second continent of Stassyris. As the Targaryen colonists have almost lost faith to find new lands to conquer due to the fact that they have been in seas for several months now, the Targaryens are desperately in need of land as they lost two continents they once rule and their Emperor was slained by a rebel leader in the second continent of Stassyris while hundreds of thousands of Targaryens were slained by separatists in their homeland; Western Essos.

But something appeared in the horizon, the leader of the Targaryen colonization, General Jorah Mormont, a foreigner but loyal to the Dynasty who was a former noble and an exiled man, he was once known as the Lord Commander of House Mormont, a staunch loyal house of the Stark Empire; a militaristic disciplined nation who helped the rebellion to overthrow the Dynasty in the second continent. He grab his spyglass from his holster-belt and pulls his spyglass towards to his right eye, there he was examining what the terrain would be rocks. There are forests, hills, and plains. His second-in-command Vanyx Taranyon would explain the details of the terrain. Jorah would reply, "Thanks for the details, Vanyx. Drop the anchor on the southwest, we need to build farms right away in order to avoid starvation." Vanyx replied in a thick Volantine accent, "No problem, sir."

General Jorah Mormont would shift his gaze towards the colonial army, settlers and colonists. "People of the Tagaryen Dynasty. Today, we finally have a new land to settle!" The audience would cheer at Mormont. "Although I do not considered myself a Targaryen but my heart is a Targaryen." Jorah continued, "Our people have been recently persecuted as we have recently lost two continents from the rebels. Our Emperor have been slained by rebel scums! We will avenge them but not now because we are in a brink of extinction. Once we are now a capable and a stable nation, we will reclaim what is ours! We first reclaim the second continent and then the homecontinent! These lands will now be under the control of Empress Daenerys Targaryen the first of her name, the Lady Regnant of Stassyris (second continent, claimant), the Empress of Western Essos (Targaryen homeland, claimant), Protector of the Realm, Breaker of Chains, and the Mother of Dragons! Fire and Blood!" and the audience would yell, "Fire and Blood!" and the audience would cheer.

The Targaryen fleet would disembarked on the southwest of this new land the Targaryens claimed. Military forces, settlers, and colonists; total of seven hundred began populating the southwestern land. The city would now be constructed and the name of this new city would be New Valyria. People would now scattered around the southwestern land and builders began to built farm and hunter's cabin to ensure the survival of the city of New Valyria.

New Valyria would be established by Targaryen colonists led by General Jorah Mormont

A farm and a hunter's cabin would begun the construction and workers were assign to finished it.

14 gold are collected in tax (with the help of the merchant, of course).

BZ8UR81.png

TURN 2
Sotoya
The tropical city of New Jonse grew quickly throughout the months. Now, as the dial of time turned to mid spring, the busy streets of the Sotoyan city were bustling. Citizens where swarming the streets, merchants stocking the market for the impending season of heat and dryness and masons laying bricks like the wind to get the city ready for any new settlers that might be arriving in the coming years.

Far from the streets, in the highest tower looming over New Jonse, was Sir Roland's planning room.
"Our banks are approaching completion within the coming months and our farms are ready to be seeded."
"Excellent, what do you propose we do with the settlers now that they've finished bringing the city to life?"
"If I may say so myself, sir, I was thinking making use of the forest to our west or perhaps exploring the field to our north-west?"

Roland pondered the idea. He wasn't willing to risk the lives of civilians, but he had a lot of money to spend. Perhaps asking the homeland for reinforcements wouldn't be such a bad idea?
Pat Pat
Three farms have been built, producing 12 food/turn
Two new banks will finish construction on Turn 3 (I changed the build time)

You have 1 Unemployed Pop

Treasury: 28 Gold (It's not fair that your merchants make an extra 1 gold since each Pop already makes 4...)
Granary: 5 Food
New Quest: Saddle-back ScoutsBuy a unit of Horses from the homeland.

St. Feodor's populace turned out to be hungrier then imagined after the voyage. Fortunately, the city worked extra hard to feed it's people and even ended up producing more than enough.

The city itself was thriving to say the least. It stretched far and wide until it stopped dead at the entrance to the woods on the west. A little ways into the woods was a lumber mill, which produced enough wood for the city to keep growing, and a hunter's cabin, which also provided furs and various meats from the wildlife. But, as far as anyone was concerned, past the hunter's cabin was darkness and nothing else. Besides, who knows what could be lying in the woods beyond...

Inside the keep, the tables were populated by the Royal Guard of Aldwyn-Lorithica as well as the finest horsemen of the Kingdom. The two battalions were feasting on the pocket of the Duke of Cunliffe himself, prepared to take any orders from their commander. But, whether they were to venture into the deep woods to the west or patrol the mountain range to the south, they had no idea.
Hypnos Hypnos
A farm has been built, producing 8 food/turn.
A hunter's cabin has been built, producing 2 food/turn as well as Animal Hides
A lumber mill has been built, producing 1 wood/turn

Treasury: 14 Gold
Granary: 1 Food
Stockpile: 1 Wood
1 Animal Hides
New Quest: Into The WoodsExplore the forest to the west of St. Feodor.

Wulfian Empire
Nova Coltor, from it's first conception, has been a masterpiece of architecture. Winding streets intertwining with the intricate Wulfian roofing style and all combined with the pavement creates something out of a fairy tale. The settlers who first raised this city from the ground are now ready to find jobs and start their lives a new in this strange place. On the outskirts of the eastern end of the city, a large farm lay on the flat earth near the woods. Right next to the farm a hunter's cabin stood, most likely stocked with gear and supplies.

Alban Vancolt's dream was reality. But there was something more he wanted, something different. Perhaps it was adventure that he was seeking.
"Hmmm, what new wonders does this world hold from me? I will scout them out and study them. Nothing will stand in the way of progress."
Master Hand Master Hand
A farm was built, producing 8 food/turn
A hunter's cabin was built, producing 4 food/turn as well as 2 Animal Hides

Treasury: 15 Gold
Stockpile: 2 Animal Hides
New Quest: Adventure TimeExplore the forest to the North and North-West of Nova Coltor.

Targaryen Dynasty
New Valyria, from it's first conception, has been a masterpiece of architecture. Winding streets intertwining with the intricate Targaryen roofing style, all combined with the pavement creates something out of a fairy tale. The settlers who first raised this city from the ground are now ready to find jobs and start their lives a new in this strange place. On the outskirts of the southern corner of the city, a large farm lay on the flat earth near the woods. To the west, near the forest, a hunter's cabin stood, most likely stocked with gear and supplies.

In the tallest tower of New Valyria, General Jorah Mormont starred out his window and pondered the next move of the Targaryen people. His Royal Guards where ready to conquer this new world and behead any who stood in the way. Suddenly, Mormonts gaze shifted to a tall, black hill in the fog. It looked like a mountain, but it was much too dark and sinister looking. Perhaps there was something sinister about this phenomena. Something worth investigating...
Master Hand Master Hand
A hunter's cabin was built, producing 4 food/turn as well as 2 Animal Hides

Treasury: 15 Gold
Stockpile: 2 Animal Hides
New Quest: Lucifer's HillExplore the strange black mountain to the north of New Valyria.

Republic of Cassardis
"This was the perfect place for a Cassardian city." thought Giovanni Biquard, as he gazed in awe at the 500 foot tall trees that surrounded New Cassardis, not to mention the lake to the north west and the rivers that surrounded the city like a moat.
"Truly a fortress in paradise... Alright, cut it down."
And with those words, the lumberjacks took one last swing that sent one of the gargantuan trees toppling to the ground. The ground beneath his feet almost made Giovanni fall as he turned to walk away from the site.

"Giovanni, I have some serious news," Roberto said, "You remember that tree we cut down?"
"Of course."
"It was hollow."
Master Hand Master Hand
A lumber mill has been built, producing 2 wood/turn

Treasury: 16 Gold
Granary: 1 Food
Stockpile: 2 Wood
New Quest: Hollow TreesHire a Scientist to investigate the hollow tree.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/jo...ns-information-ooc.328584/page-2#post-7788847

Map1.png

Slave Workers are at an all time high, averaging 30 Gold per unit.
Iron has risen to 30 Gold per unit from 28.
Stone has dropped from 17 to 13 Gold per unit.
Horses are at an all-time low, averaging only 12 Gold per unit.

Food is sold for 5 Gold/unit
Lumber is sold for 10 Gold/unit
Animal Hide is sold for 10 Gold/unit

Missionaries are hired for 30 Gold/unit
Swordsmen are hired for 35 Gold/unit
Paladins are hired for 40 Gold/unit
Pikemen are hired for 50 Gold/unit
Archers are hired for 50 Gold/unit
Crossbowmen are hired for 55 Gold/unit
Horsemen are hired for 60 Gold/unit
Knights are hired for 75 Gold/unit

Last edited:
THE REPUBLIC OF CASSARDIS
"Roberto my friend I know you like to play your little tricks on the crew and I am fine with that , after all the men need to be cheered up somehow , but at the same time I expected that you of all people-"

"But si-"

"Roberto !!! I will not tolerate such insubordination I shall finish what it is i have to say and only then . I repeat only then will you speak - so , where was i , ah yes - I expected that you of all people would have understood the importance of rank and not pulled this frankly horrible attempt at a jape on me."

"But sir Its not a jape , the trees are actually hollow."

"Roberto , why is it you insist on this madness ? shall i send for a doctor ?"

"Please sir , I speak only the truth at least come with me and have a look"

Roberto guides the now visibly angry Giovanni along with him to the site where the tree was felled now surrounded by a number of lumberjacks eagerly waiting for him . After five minutes of pretending to keenly analyze the wood , Giovanni gathered the group of men in order to address them , now you see Giovanni is no botanist in fact he probably wouldn't be able to name 5 different types of trees off the top off his head . But one thing he did know was that in these sorts of situations if the men even see a hint of fear, panic, bewilderment or any of the other 150 emotions on the face of their leader , they'll probably try to find a witch to burn.

"Is this really why you people have brought me away from my duties ? I've got things to do you know not just babysit a bunch of grown men who've never seen a 'Sarsparillahobbersquash Tree'."

"A what?" , the Lumberjacks shout in unison.

"A 'Sarsparillahobbersquash Tree' I practically grew up seeing these , my parents had a bunch of them growing in the garden alongside the 'banjoplaying' ferns and the 'greatbiggiant' tree. I assure you its perfectly safe in fact me and my brothers often played music on the hollowed out trees , even played it for the doge once. Now if that is all i have work to do."

"Roberto !!! a word please"

The two men almost ran back to the small housing quarters built for Giovanni , once inside the two men sit down for a moment to catch their breath.

"So , you think it'll fly Roberto?"

"Those men aren't the brightest they come so it just might , but I would suggest that we put a man of science on the case as soon as possible . We don't want superstition to take over now do we ?"

"No we don't , make preparations to house a few learned men as soon as possible I don't think there is much we can do on that issue other than that at the moment , Onto the next part of our agenda remember what we talked about earlier ?"

"Yes sir , the Shipyard . Would you like the men to get started on that too ?"

"Yes , Being able to construct ships will undoubtedly be a boon to us . Oh and Roberto not a word about what happened earlier alright."

"My lips are sealed sir."

Begin construction of a Quarry a Marketplace using the lumber at hand. I also use two of my builders to build the Marketplace presumably reducing the time taken to 1 turn.

Last edited:
Satoya

Sir Roland shrugged apologetically to his subordinate. Though not a terrible idea, riches and danger often went hand in hand in this foreign land. There was simply no telling what treasures or evils may await their party further into the continent, and it's sheer size and bounty had awed him into respecting even the brush that tore at his clothing and the mud that sucked his boots off his feet. "This soil is not one that will so easily submit to Satoyan rule," he spoke jovially to Williams, "I know of a knightly order whose swords and lances we might employ to further our quest, but we must first acquire the necessary funds to enlist their services."

Williams flicked his eyes from the beautiful vista that Roland's office provided it's master and his visitors. "Surely we can make do with less?" He asked, looking Roland in the eyes.

Roland grinned. "But it is the mark of a good Satoyan to spare no expense when it comes to matters of importance, no?"

Williams sighed. "Moving on to other equally vital situations that require addressing, the farms and lumbermills we have constructed have respectively produced food and lumber. Our granary stores almost enough food from last harvest to feed us should our new crop fail, and additionally we have produced and stockpiled enough lumber in recent days to go ahead with the quarries we had discussed in earlier conversations at once."

"Tell our builders to start their preparations. Soon we shall taste the beginnings of this land's wealth, but it will only wet our appetites for greater heights and glory."

Williams turned to leave. "For God and country."

Three new lumbermills are under construction adjacent to New Jonse, with one Builder assigned to each. All three will reach completion by Turn 3.

Three new quarries are under construction adjacent to New Jonse, with one Builder assigned to each. All three will reach completion by Turn 3.

(placeholder for whatever I can do with an unemployed population point)

(7x4=28, -6 = 22)

22 Gold will be gained in taxes by Turn 3.

Aldwyn-Lorithica

Despite a recent mishap that had caused minor havoc in the city, after a food shortage had been declared despite an excess of grain within the granary, the construction of St. Feodor was coming along nicely. Even the Duke of Cunliffe himself had to admit that the organisation of the newly constructed settlement was much easier than he had initially anticipated and he found that he was spending more time working the city’s lumbermill than he was governing its inhabitants. The new world seemed to be no different from the old one in terms of resources and climate and some within the city had even begun to doubt that they had landed on a new continent at all or whether they had just sailed so far west that they had once again landed in the east, though such notions were quickly refuted by the Duke and his subordinates. Thus far they had been uncontested within this new world and were it the old one he had little doubts that their settlement would already be under the occupation of Satoya or one of Aldwyn-Lorithica’s other rival nations.

“Your Lordship!” The Duke turned to see the familiar face of his right hand man, Sir Ulrich von Hesse, commander of his majesty's Royal Guard back within the home continent and the current captain of the 1st Royal Hussars, the elite division of horsemen who had accompanied the Duke to the new world. “I bring complaints from the men.”

“Aye? What is it?” The Duke raised an eyebrow, a frown forming upon his lips.

“It’s the woods up north, my lord, the men seem terrified of them, they say it’s inhabited by a coven of witches. Witches who come out at night and perform rituals to the devil.”

The Duke’s demeanor shifted slightly upon hearing the story, barely managing to stifle a laugh. It was a well known fact within Aldwyn-Lorithica that the new world was promised by God and the mere thought that god would inhabit his promised world with witches seemed to be a ridiculous thought. “I can assure you Sir Ulrich that there are no witches within those woods.”

“But my lor-”

“I’ll hear no more of this lunacy. Though to put your mind to rest, and those of the soldiers underneath you I shall send a search party into the woods to ensure that they are perfectly safe for habitation. Would that be all Sir?”

“Yes my lord.”

The unemployed population are hired as Builders.

A Farm, a Quarry and Two Lumber Mills are put under construction in St. Feodor for completion next turn.

A Worker is assigned to the Quarry upon its completion.

Horsemen explore the wood to the north of the city.

Royal Guards explore the mountains to the south of the city.

14 Gold is collected in tax.

End of Turn:
Treasury: 28 Gold
Granary: 6 Food
Stockpile:
  • 3 Wood
  • 2 Animal Hides
  • 2 Stone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back