• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Journey to the New World [Interest Check]

Shabazz

Would anyone be interested in a nation building role play that has a certain level of mystery? The premise is that explorers set out to settle in a new place, far away from home. They don't know exactly where they are or what it looks like, so they have to make a map as they explore. So the most challenging aspect would be the idea of not knowing where you start or what is around you.

It would be run with the participants creating a nation and then all starting on different parts of the "new world" which they have to conquer by building cities, digging roads, establishing trade routes and eventually dominating the others.

Would anyone be interested in a nation building role play that has a certain level of mystery? The premise is that explorers set out to settle in a new place, far away from home. They don't know exactly where they are or what it looks like, so they have to make a map as they explore. So the most challenging aspect would be the idea of not knowing where you start or what is around you.

It would be run with the participants creating a nation and then all starting on different parts of the "new world" which they have to conquer by building cities, digging roads, establishing trade routes and eventually dominating the others.
What would be the closest real-world year to this universe's level of technological advancement?

What would be the closest real-world year to this universe's level of technological advancement?
Ooh, good question. Now that I read it this could be done in almost any time period... Would sometime around the 15th century, when exploration was really big, be a good start?

I'm interested, and I'm fine with some kind of medieval level of technology.

Question: Would these be groups of explorers, or official armies and people sent to colonize the place, or either?

It would be a group of people specifically attempting to colonize the region.

How many people? Probably around 100. I will let you guys decide what kinds of people you bring with you (I.e. Farmers, soldiers, laborers, slaves, etc.)

It would be a group of people specifically attempting to colonize the region.

How many people? Probably around 100. I will let you guys decide what kinds of people you bring with you (I.e. Farmers, soldiers, laborers, slaves, etc.)
Historically it would be around five hundred to a thousand or even fifteen hundred, with subsequent waves of similar sized but normally greater amounts of people arriving in intervals of a few years.

There were a few colonization efforts in the lower hundreds too. But on average they were larger than a hundred people.

Ok... Lets do 500 settlers to start and every 10 turns (or 5 years) you get a bonus 100 new settlers.
Is attrition going to be a thing? Lots of settlers died because of disease and starvation (though the latter was often because of unfriendly natives besieging settlements) and winter.

Idk man, that seems like its gonna overcomplicate things. Lets get a couple more people interested and then we can start getting a little more in depth

Oh, idk man, this kind of died cuz it was waaaay too much work for me alone. Maybe we can make something else, something a little more simple and then it can really take off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back