• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Journey to the New World [Information/Sheets/OOC]

I like the market idea, but I think the banks are too complicated, easier to just remove them for now. I'll change your production don't worry.

I like the market idea, but I think the banks are too complicated, easier to just remove them for now. I'll change your production don't worry.
So are slave workers any different in comparison with normal workers? I'm assuming Paladins are an upgrade of a swordsman unit and Knights are an upgrade of a horseman unit.

Last edited:
Pat Pat have you decided yet what religion your country's gonna be ? or will you have the same religion as me and hypnos ?

Wait what religion is this that you and Hypnos Hypnos have? Is there anything special that I should know or is it just a plain Christianity rip off?
A PLAIN CHRISTIAN RIP OFF !!! HOW DARE YOU !!! . I'll have you know that our religion has some key tenants that are not at all related to Christianity for example : Pedophilia is not only allowed but encouraged oh and midgets are considered to be demon spawn .

Can I switch my merchant unit to a worker and had them building a marketplace on turn 1?
What good will a market do ? you don't have anyone to trade with right . that is presuming we don't know each others locations in the RP ?

We changed it so that the market venerates 5 g/turn AND trades with other nations
Do i need to have special units to scout the region around me ? If not can i use my extra pop to do it ?

Last edited:
Wait what religion is this that you and Hypnos Hypnos have? Is there anything special that I should know or is it just a plain Christianity rip off?
First of all: how dare you! The religion is predominantly based on Catholicism meaning there is an external head of the church similar to the pope who gets to make religious rulings, however unlike Catholicism it's totally cool to murder thou neighbor (if they don't follow the same religion) and you're allowed more than one wife: because why the hell not?
We changed it so that the market venerates 5 g/turn AND trades with other nations
Wait, how to markets work now? Do you still need a merchant to make them? Five gold seems a bit powerful if you can stack the effects. Do banks no longer exist?

Also I've encountered another problem. To build a new settler I'd need 1 timber and one stone. To get stone I'd need to build a quarry. To build a quarry I'd need to be near hills. To be near hills I'd need to build a new city. To build a new city I'd need a settler...

First of all: how dare you! The religion is predominantly based on Catholicism meaning there is an external head of the church similar to the pope who gets to make religious rulings, however unlike Catholicism it's totally cool to murder thou neighbor (if they don't follow the same religion) and you're allowed more than one wife: because why the hell not?
You forgot the historic tradition of burning midgets !!!

Also I've encountered another problem. To build a new settler I'd need 1 timber and one stone. To get stone I'd need to build a quarry. To build a quarry I'd need to be near hills. To be near hills I'd need to build a new city. To build a new city I'd need a settler...
Kinda have the same situation here too ....

S Shabazz can we buy settlers and builders yet, or is the current set up all we can currently buy?

For things we can buy and sell, I think it would be nice to keep a history of it, maybe edited into the first page here, so we can see with ease the rise and fall of prices for units and resources.

Dudes. Dudettes. Dudegenders.

You can build roads to other areas. At the ends of these roads can be buildings. Or at least that's my perception of it.
I actually identify as an Otherkin and my preferred pronoun is : Fropsen (frog-person)

What the hell happened? I leave for a few hours and pedophile frog-people start burning midgets... Meh, sounds like your average day in Cuckistan.

Anyways I think what Pat said about quarries is true, get 1 builder to build a road and another to build a quarry. Then the next turn you get your 1 Stone. Or, if this seems like to much time. I could just let you build a quarry next to your city and abolish the "must be next to" rule.
I guess having cool lines like a real stock market would be pretty sick, but that would require some work. Would any of you like to record and manage the fluctuating prices of goods?
As for banks, I don't think they are going to exist (for now) but markets are sort of the same thing. You still need a MERCHANT to run it so that hasn't changed but now it gives you 5 gold too (it's not that much cuz you guys are gonna be needing massive amounts of gold late game.)

Anyways I think what Pat said about quarries is true, get 1 builder to build a road and another to build a quarry. Then the next turn you get your 1 Stone. Or, if this seems like to much time. I could just let you build a quarry next to your city and abolish the "must be next to" rule.
I guess having cool lines like a real stock market would be pretty sick, but that would require some work. Would any of you like to record and manage the fluctuating prices of goods?
As for banks, I don't think they are going to exist (for now) but markets are sort of the same thing. You still need a MERCHANT to run it so that hasn't changed but now it gives you 5 gold too (it's not that much cuz you guys are gonna be needing massive amounts of gold late game.)
Abolishing it would be simpler I think.

I guess I'll be keeping my Merchant still then. Do you need a merchant for each market you build?

Hmmm, sounds like a good restriction on how much Gold your making :P let's do it like that
I think we should inform everyone that doesn't already know and have a quick editing of the first turn with all this new information in mind. Especially because the buildings are different, Merchants make more Gold, and because Builders and military units require Gold to upkeep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back