• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Journey To Old Earth

Shannon Trevor

One Thousand Club
"Old Earth got used up. We sucked it dry and then ran for the stars."

1.jpg

"There's still humans down there. Scratching out some kind of living. I won't call it humanity though."

"Pirates, slavers and scavengers. Picking the flesh off every last thing they can. Would be, if that was the only thing you'll find down there. I've heard talks of ghouls and mutants. Aye, and worse..."

33b349960f1ce09e79291fbacd65baf6.jpg

"I have a job for you, Colonel."

John swirled the offered whiskey around in his glass and took a sip, savouring the sensation as the liquid warmed the back of his throat. "It's not Colonel anymore, Mister Belmore. I'm just a civilian now, led out to pasture."

"A single mission, very risky," the man continued, ignoring John's correction. "I don't expect all of you to survive. Those that do, never need to work another day in their life." John leaned back in his chair and listened. Evidently Belmore wanted to give him the sales pitch. "I have a ship purpose built for the job and dossiers for a potential crew. The personnel who will accompany you on this mission is entirely at your own discretion."

"I'd say it sounds to good to be true," replied John.

There was no warmth behind Belmore's thin smile. "I was expecting you to ask me what the job was rather than offer doubt."

"Alright. I'll bite. What's the job?"

"I want you to go to Earth."

Your character has recently been contacted by former Navy Colonel, John Haverson. The former soldier has heard about your abilities and is keen to bring you on board for an expedition. If interested, the crew will be meeting on Helios station before embarking on a trip to find possibly the most significant artefact since humanities ascension to the stars.

If interested, please leave a message along with a brief character description of who you wish to play.

I would be particularly interested in a pilot, engineer, doctor and scout but all roles will be considered.

I want this to be a reasonably detailed and literate rp and will be asking for a writing sample before character approval.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Many thanks,

Shannon

Last edited:
Heya, I'm interested! I'd prolly play an engineer. A rude, abrasive mechanic who scrapes together whatever payment she can by fixing up anything anyone brings to her. Skilled with repaired whatever hunk a' junk comes her way. I was wondering how you felt about AI, like a personal assistant?

So... I hear ya need a scout... I might know one.

He goes by the name of Hawk. It's not his real name. It was given to him by his former squad mates because the man could see an ant crawling on a blade of grass from a mile away. 'least that's what they say.

He may be interested in your little "expedition". He ain't been doin' much lately besides chasin' women around the bars on the ol' station out by the asteroid belt.

If ya want, I could give him a holler.

I'm down to play a pilot. By the way, what's the current state of technology for the crew versus the state of technology for future earth?

This sounds great!

I would love to play a rather analytical chameleon like character, a woman who tends to be rather capable of finding information and hiding in plain sight. But I also don't mind playing a doctor or engineer if need be but I saw those roles have already been mentioned.

This sounds great!

I would love to play a rather analytical chameleon like character, a woman who tends to be rather capable of finding information and hiding in plain sight. But I also don't mind playing a doctor or engineer if need be but I saw those roles have already been mentioned.
Love this idea. Sounds perfect for what the mission needs.

I don't know if you need any more characters, but I'd love to join. My character is customarily a pilot but someone who also has some basic knowledge of engineering, as she likes messing with mechanical objects and inventing her own creations.

I don't know if you need any more characters, but I'd love to join. My character is customarily a pilot but someone who also has some basic knowledge of engineering, as she likes messing with mechanical objects and inventing her own creations.
Sounds just what we're looking for :)

Saw your ad on ObG Discord server. If you are still looking - I am interested, but I'd like to echo MattS question, as it will help me formulate the character:

I'm down to play a pilot. By the way, what's the current state of technology for the crew versus the state of technology for future earth?

The technology available for our crew is something similar to Firefly or Mass Effect while the technology on Earth is very basic. There's not much civilisation down there that we know about and most of the planet is a desolate wasteland.

Here's our current thread btw:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back