• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

bonesbo

certified corrupt circus creature
You received a slip of parchment in the mail within the last year. You recognise the wax seal, Expeditions Prospering, a silvery wax with a diamond, in the center an E, and arrow as the horizontal lines.

Dear __________! Xen, 27, 3Axx1

First of all, I wanted to thank you humbly for opening this letter! Ha! With the mechs and techs so advanced these days it's a wonder anybody has time to sit and look at a piece of fancy smelling paper.
You just sniffed the paper didn't you! Haha!!

Allow me to introduce myself:
My name is Gerald Harmmish. I am the founder and retired director of the researching, exploring, scientific and anthropological organisation known as Expeditions Prospering. I am nearing the end of my life, but that does not mean my hefty helping of curiosity has diminished.
All my life, I have studied cultures, religions, legends, lore, and people all across the world. The one legend that has yet to satisfy my ending searchings: the Lost City of Vesi. There's not even that much solid proof that this exists, it's said to be one of the most mysterious culture and city in the world; why, it's a legend of course!
In my more active days, I would have boarded my ship myself with a few of my trusted friends and colleagues to set out to find the sunken city and civilisation myself. Alas, nearing four and a half centuries worth of dust has worn out my gears...

That is where you come in, my good friend! You have been given the highest of recommendations to me, Gerald, by any of my colleagues spreading the Country of Escain! I wish for you to carry out my adventure and face the dangers and thrills of the oceans to find the lost city hidden somewhere in the Karkinoah Sea! A team has been specifically crafted with your talents, abilities, and skill in tow. You and only five others have been chosen amongst thousands of recommended and applied pupils for such a quest as this! Congratulations for the highest honor!
There is danger of course, and a chance that this legend is only that: a legend. After four years of a wild-goose chase, or a successful find of the city, you may return to home base at the EP Institutes, where you will be eagerly awarded and compensated a whopping twenty million pikels! (That's 6.8 hundred thousand foudries for you Glakien folk). If you happen to bring back more than proof of the legend, such as more knowledge or artifacts or texts or technology, you will be rewarded no less than 2 million pikels for the content!

Not only will the money and journey be reward enough for you youngsters, but the adventure! Friendships! Thrill! Knowledge! You gain along the way will be tremendous to not only yourself but the lives you return to!

If you accept my offer, please show up in person (spiritually, physically, mentally) to [this address] at the hiney white crack of dawn on Fell 18, 3Axx2. Aka Home Base! EP Institutes! You're going to be on a ship for four years, but don't worry, there will be plenty of islands to explore and conquer along the way for food and refreshing your needs.
If you reject: what a loser! Who would give up an exceptional offer such as this! Don't worry. Just say [this chant] and this parchment will burn up in your hands and your name removed from our roster!

I hope to see you all bright and early on Fell 18, 3Axx2!

With deep appreciation and curiosity!
Humbly yours,
Dvk. Gerald Harmmish III
Director and Founder of EP

And at the bottom of the letter, next to his signature, Harmmish doodled a little winking face with a beard giving a thumbs up.

---------------​

Hello. I have waited for so long for the time to sit down and write this. I started an RP similar with a single partner of mine but they're a bit sporadic in replies and I want to try a more organised group RP.

• This quest is akin to a journey to find Atlantis. Your character receives a letter in the mail from a benefactor (Gerald Harmmish III) to go and find this lost city in the sea. You will be on a large boat for a long time and encounter things such as pirates, mermaids, other sea creatures, weird islands, and over all dealing with the other crew mates. The setting of the world is in a sort of steampunk/industrial era, so quite advanced in technologies as well as magics. Races of all kinds exist, (orc, dragon-born, any dnd type race, mythical, etc. my guy is part fish so) and any sort of (reasonable) magic is permitted.
    I will have my own character and be interacting within the RP as well as above it. I will be guiding the quests as well as writing all the NPCs and most of the plot. Don't worry! You can write plenty of plot too! I don't plan on being over bearing only like * here comes a swarm of bees wat do u do *

whoops did I mention this is kinda based off of TAZ stolen century arc??

thanks you very much for reading, i hope you consider to apply and ill see you on Fell 18 3Axx2 (:
this is not first come first serve, sorry to say. i like a bit a profession, please

if you are interested, please read through the tabs and PM me

Last edited:
Hey there, I'd love me a bit of LGTBQ adventure in a steampunky DnD world! And love your idea with the letter. :)

This looks pretty interesting, I have to say. However, I came here to say the only thing I feel is holding this interest check back is the fact that it has been marked as a Quest.

That's like a choose-your-own-adventure sort of deal where you write the story and everyone else votes on choices in order to progress it. But it doesn't seem like that was the angle you were going for here.

This looks pretty interesting, I have to say. However, I came here to say the only thing I feel is holding this interest check back is the fact that it has been marked as a Quest.

That's like a choose-your-own-adventure sort of deal where you write the story and everyone else votes on choices in order to progress it. But it doesn't seem like that was the angle you were going for here.
yeah idk exactly why i labelled it like that, it made sense at the time

thank you very much friend for telling me ! ill fix it up!

good morning bump ! i had a smoothie bowl and im feelin great how about you? how about some great writing today

I just had a really good breakfast sandwich at 1pm living life on the edge here Bump

i'm not sure of the status for my players of Fighter and Captain but fo sure The Chronicler is needed!!!

i'm not sure of the status for my players of Fighter and Captain but fo sure The Chronicler is needed!!!
*adjusts glasses*
Well, since we need some brains around here...

Heheh! I can take the chronicler! ^_^

Oh. Also... would one post a day be alright? I just have university starting up again and I'm not sure how terrible my work will be. If not then I'll just peace and let the spot stay open for someone else

Oh. Also... would one post a day be alright? I just have university starting up again and I'm not sure how terrible my work will be. If not then I'll just peace and let the spot stay open for someone else
radical!! PM me and we could talk more but thats totally fine im in the same situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back