• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ~Journey~ longterm detailed fantasy quest rp

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
Journey
An epic journey, a path to redemption, a quest that will bring the world out of darkness.

Now recruiting a new round of players!

Story summary below.

rainman-page-259-pesw.jpg

art by Rainman Page

Our world was once beautiful. Our world was once blessed with divine rule, and it was perfect. So the gods would have us believe. Looking at the world as it is now; some lands ruthless, lawless and demon-ruled, others reclaimed by the forces of nature, there is beauty in it still. Perhaps it is foolish to hope that our gods will return...bring the demons to heel and restore order and peace, or...perhaps there is another way...

When the gods left the earth, chaos took over. Demons rose to power, enslaved humans, fought amongst each other, raided and warred without end. For a hundred years humans prayed, and for a hundred years, the great gods were silent. Then, the queen of gods made a choice: She descended to earth and used her elite force to subjugate the most powerful demons on earth. One by one she defeated them, and placed an enchanted sealing ornament on their bodies. Their powers now removed, they were given a choice: Flee, and let their power bleed from them until there was nothing left, or, join a quest, protect a band of humble humans on their perilous journey to the farthest reaches of the god kingdom to find the secret that will restore light to the world.

The dynamic here is going to be unique:

• You can play a human, dedicated to one or more deities, they can be fighters, but there needs to be a spiritual element to their profession, a paladin, priest, monk, healer etc. They will obtain divine powers as the story progresses.
  • You can play one of the demons that has made the choice to join the quest and win their freedom. The demons were some of the most powerful, they aren’t anymore, their powers are sealed at the start of the game. They will regain them slowly as the story progresses.
  • You can play as a neutral spirit who chose to join the quest, a lesser demon or minor deity who have decided to side with the God queen and help bring light to the world. They will also have power increases granted by the God Queen for helping in the quest, and they are not bound by the power-limiting torcs

**You cannot play: a demigod or half-demon. i.e. half god/demon/spirit and half human. They do not exist.
Generally, the humans are good, pure and dedicated to the quest, and generally, the demons are morally grey at best, but those are not solid rules. Humans can absolutely be bitter about the gods just up and leaving, and some demons might also be remorseful of the destruction their kind caused.

The line between demon and god is very fine: basically both entities begin as neutral spirits, and gain power through natural forces or human dedication. What they use that power for defines them as spirit, god or demon (neutral, benevolent or destructive respectively).

This concept is high fantasy, but this is pretty much a version of Journey to the West, the story of the Monkey King and it’s about redemption, reconciliation, responsibility and the nature of good an evil.
You can base your characters in any culture, this will not be limited to European or Asian concepts, but it will be embedded in a fantasy world, so no real places will be used and characters will all be completely fictional, not pulled directly from world mythology either.

Experienced writers only

I’m really looking for detailed character growth and for people adding to the lore and story, writing their own arcs etc, so this thread will be for more mature and experienced writers. Once I start the thread I intend to stick with it for a long time, so if you’re the type to help advance the thread, move it out of ruts and add to the story, I am definitely looking for you.
I am expecting detailed, well-written posts and characters that have originality, depth, and room to grow.

I will warn you now, I am not looking for villains or antagonists, this story is about redemption and character growth. There have been too many occasions where my group has had to suffer a character being just plain nasty IC to everyone all the time under the pretext of that character being a "bad guy". If your character cannot mesh with a group at least superficially, nobody is going to want them there, myself included.

Posting frequency I hope will be 1-2 times per week, people can take leaves with notice being very greatly appreciated.
You will be given a link to the discord OOC once your character has been approved.

Character Building Chat

Characters

Main

Complete Lore

Our story so far...

Our heroes began by arriving at the small village of Keimara in the Eastern mountains. It was there a temple of the god queen awaited them. Before they could reach it however, a fire broke out in one of the old buildings of the town and Two humans, Roshan and Koralia, begrudgingly aided by the two demons, Korro and Falarion, saved four children from being lost in the flames. Once at the temple they were delivered their quest, at the hands of the God Queen herself, and the patron deities of the human pilgrims. The pilgrims were each imbued with divine power, which would help them find the sacred scrolls. Only humans can read the scrolls, keeping their secrets out of the hands of gods and demons. This power however, also made them a target for every demon they encountered, for if a demon consumed the divine power, they could take it for themselves.

The next morning our heroes awoke to an almighty din: the town bells were ringing a warning to an on-coming invasion! Four score imps lead by a fearsome centaur demon who called himself Veruul. A terrible battle ensued, where our heroes divided themselves, some protecting the townsfolk from the imp attack, and some facing the demon himself.
With the help of Roshan, Korro and Falarion, The minor god Fin managed to subdue the demon, while the spirit Yue, the humans Koralia and Khatiy and the demon Xe'lik defended the town. With the demon on his knees, Korro tied to get information out of him. He had been given a cursed stone that lent him power beyond his own. Somehow, a darker presence had learned of the pilgrims, and knew that if their power was consumed, it could be stolen. Someone had given the secret of the pilgrim's existance to an evil force, and they were in more danger than ever before...

Their inquisition was interrupted by Koralia touching the cursed stone, becoming cursed herself, even as Veruul was eaten awat to nothing by that very magic.
During their rest after battle, Yue discovered that Korro had been injured, not only from battle, but before, when he had fought with his brother, who wielded a cursed blade. Now the curse was slowly eating away at him. On the road from Keimara, Yue proposed they visit a close friend of hers, a cultivator talented at lifting curses. She exposed Korro's afliction, and in several days, they arroved at the gates of the town of Bajieh.

Last edited:
Could I be a human warrior of some sort who worships the god of wine/alcohol and praises them via acts of drinking/partying for the combat ability/magic being some kind of area effect that makes all in it intoxicated/subdued?

Like he let's out a fog that makes enemies or those in it drunk and unbalanced or fall asleep?

If yes i am very keen to play, if not you can ignore this post entirely and I won't be offended in anyway.

Last edited:
Could I be a human warrior of some sort who worships the god of wine/alcohol and praises them via acts of drinking/partying for the combat ability/magic being some kind of area effect that makes all in it intoxicated/subdued?

Like he let's out a fog that makes enemies or those in it drunk and unbalanced or fall asleep?

If yes i am very keen to play, if not you can ignore this post entirely and I won't be offended in anyway.
Hey there, so, I did state up in the first post that those types of powers aren't really what I'm looking for. And if that's the hinge for you to join, then this rp probably isn't what you're looking for.

I read through and figured I'd ask, I get alcohol isn't always a god thing like the greeks do aha but it was my first idea after reading the check.

Ill dip out as others are probably more interested

Question; do powers of illusion fall into the banned power list?

I'm not talking about like... illusions that completely wipe out any sense of reality, more just kinda the stuff you get when you're really sleep-deprived. Stuff like seeing things out of the corners of your eyes and the like.

If not I have other ideas, so it's not like a big deal, just trying to figure out what powers this character would logically have

I figure you will be making a CS for us to use at some point, but do you mind if I send you my thoughts and ideas on my character in a dm/pm?

Question; do powers of illusion fall into the banned power list?

I'm not talking about like... illusions that completely wipe out any sense of reality, more just kinda the stuff you get when you're really sleep-deprived. Stuff like seeing things out of the corners of your eyes and the like.

If not I have other ideas, so it's not like a big deal, just trying to figure out what powers this character would logically have
Illusions are fine.
The main issue I am trying to avoid is forcing someone else's character into a situation they don't want to be in by nature of the ability one's character has. Like being forced to sleep, or under someone's influence. You can create illusions but other characters are free to respond how they want, so there isn't really a problem.

Okay the character page is up. I'll be giving people a decent chunk of time to get their characters posted, and I'll be around all week for questions and discussion. There will be an official pre-thread OOC here on rpn so people can chat and discuss, but for now, you can chat in here.

I'll state it again, please only submit a character if you're really willing to give this thread a good try. It's totally acceptable if you realize later it's not your thing, but do not post a character and then dip, you might be displacing someone who really wants to play.

The sheets will be selected based on creativity and skill, so take your time, read the rules, lore and guidelines and write well. You can edit your CS as many times as you like.
For now, it will be 1 character per person.

Lioness075 Lioness075 BittyBobcat BittyBobcat Coffee Cup Coffee Cup ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Heartstorm78 Heartstorm78 Tapfic Tapfic Top11 Top11 Ayama Ayama SadLittleKing SadLittleKing Abyss Abyss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back