• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ~ Journey ~ (interest check - not started, still accepting)

I was thinking of making a demon more based off of yokai. Actually....... I have a character that's already made probably just need to alter it a little to fit this.
There are a good many different yokai, if you're thinking generally demons from Japan.

Well, I was going to have the "strongest demons" but, I could change that to, just "the ones the god queen thinks might actually not murder all the pilgrims intentionally or otherwise". And it'd be funny if one of the pilgrims is on the quest because "Their god said they'd be fired if they didn't" XD
exactly
And also
To keep going with "the strongest demons" it would also be fun to have him have actually done demon stuff during the takeover- but just. Can use demon powers while asleep; because dream demon- so he used it as a very half assed excuse to complain-

What exactly are the demons, because I have an idea for a demonic character that had their start as a more traditionally angelic creation. Essentially, they were created eons ago as the guardian of the sun, tasked to protect it against from some unknown danger.....but well....There wasn't much to do and Earth was so entertaining in comparison. So they abandoned their post to come and play in the human world. I don't think that they would actually enjoy the demonic take over bit that much, although I'm sure they would have tried to rule a kingdom at least once or twice throughout their history out of curiosity. (And also because he and a philosopher got into a debate about how to build the ideal society and decided to put the theories to the test.)

Key personality traits

- Main demonic trait is probably Greed. Not necessarily for money and jewels, but they definitely have a feeling of entitlement towards experiencing everything the world has to offer and being motivated by entirely selfish means. Although since everyone seems to love money, I'm sure they'd collect a lot of it too just because that seems like the 'thing to do' in this era.
- Has mixed up their gender and physical appearance to play different roles throughout history.
- Likes to take bets and see what will happen. Their main goal in life is to be entertained, so they will lend their support to anyone who seems like their achievements might be worth watching. Also, they're the type of creature who wants to see what can and will happen, whether or not it's a good thing for anyone else.
- Not really 'evil' per say, but definitely operating on a different scale of morality than most people.
- Associated with reptiles & birds, fire/sunlight/gold, and the color red. Probably responsible for the part of mythology that's associates dragons collecting hoards of goals.
- Really, really, really freakin' old but also naïve in a lot of ways.
- Personality has changed a lot and they go through periods of trying to reshape their identity. Nobody raised them, so they learned everything through trial and error, and because they lack a a designated 'role' on Earth, they've tried a lot of different ones in order to find where they fit into things. Good ones and bad.
- Absolutely Love humanity.
- Have done some monumentally bad things in their history, not all of them intentionally.

well...I hate to say it, but as of now we don't have enough interest for me to start the treat. we need at least 5 more people to post in here I think.

well...I hate to say it, but as of now we don't have enough interest for me to start the treat. we need at least 5 more people to post in here I think.
personally i think we have enough people, even though the numbers didnt hit the mark

Counting you, there's eight of us, with 3 playing more than one character. How many are you looking for?

personally i think we have enough people, even though the numbers didnt hit the mark
Counting you, there's eight of us, with 3 playing more than one character. How many are you looking for?
The thing is, not everyone here is actually going to join, drop rate by my experience is about 50%, and more after the first 2 weeks of play. When I make a thread I stick with it, sometimes for years, and I put a lot of effort into them, so if I start one, I need to make sure it's going to have enough dedicated players.

The thing is, not everyone here is actually going to join, drop rate by my experience is about 50%, and more after the first 2 weeks of play. When I make a thread I stick with it, sometimes for years, and I put a lot of effort into them, so if I start one, I need to make sure it's going to have enough dedicated players.
I completely understand why you wouldn't want to do this if not, but have you considered opening the rp up again later at some point to gather more players if a lot drop?

I completely understand why you wouldn't want to do this if not, but have you considered opening the rp up again later at some point to gather more players if a lot drop?
I have. join rates after start are very low, even with recruitment threads. I've run a few threads before, enough to get the idea of the pattern.

Hey guys, I just noticed this one lol. I was doing my own RP with Demons and Paladins but this one seems to be a bit more developed and I've always been bad at keeping my own ones going. Could you use another human?

Well, that actually brings it up to ten, I think it might be worth a go. Ok then, I'll start getting things ready. I'll use the rest of this week and the weekend to put stuff up and I'll tag everybody in here when something gets posted, if you don't want to be tagged anymore just tell me.

Ok, I think I'll have some of the things finished by tomorrow, like the CS page and general lore etc. If anyone was lurking and wanted to join in we still need some applicants, so come on down.

Character page now up as well.

Is a sort-of point-form allowed for the CS page for skills/abilities to easily categorize and organize them? (E.G: -Shapeshifter: Arii used to be able to take on a more human form, but this ability is currently restricted.)

Is a sort-of point-form allowed for the CS page for skills/abilities to easily categorize and organize them? (E.G: -Shapeshifter: Arii used to be able to take on a more human form, but this ability is currently restricted.)
You can use bullet points, but you need to write in full sentences describing the abilities.

You have my interest. I'm going to be reading the Lore page to get a more in depth understanding of this story, and then I'll start creating a character. Currently, I'm interested in only Rping one character, and it will be a demon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back