• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings jord's ongoing search for an rp soulmate ⛤

BNY

personal preferences
  • i'm a lazy lit player. some days i can give you a reply spanning 12 pages (pinky promise i'm not exaggerating!). some days, i'm pretty lucky to get out a couple of two-paragraph posts. it depends, and i don't stress about it. write in a way that makes you comfortable, and i'll write in a way that makes me comfortable (which happens to include 3rd person, and past tense).
  • ooc chat is appreciated, but it's okay if we take some time building up to being friends. stuff has to happen naturally, you know?
  • i don't expect or provide multiple replies a day. i don't expect or provide daily replies.
  • i'm only interested in writing with people who are 20+. i'm 26, and it just makes me feel better writing with not-teens.
  • will i get and/or make art of our characters if we click? yes.
  • i kind of feel like sometimes i come across really terse in my ads, but i promise i'm gonna snap at you or be rude to you. this is just a hobby, so feel free to tell me no to ideas or go where you want, too. i've never had a meltdown over roleplaying, and i don't intend to start now. it's not that deep to me, you know?
  • if we vibe really well, you could probably talk me into anything.
  • i like rpn threads or google docs the best.
  • please pm me, since i sometimes don't get notifs for posts here.

plot preferences
  • i enjoy both fandom and original settings, and i’m down for playing both canon characters and ocs. i don’t necessarily prefer one or the other.
    • however, if you don't play canons, i don't play canons.
  • i can play as many characters as needed, whether it's just one or it's six. whatever our story calls for, i can manage that. we can focus on one pairing, or we can set up multiples. i genuinely don't like one more than the other. just tell me what you like.
  • i can be talked into groups, so feel free to suggest yours to me!
  • multiple threads and plots at the same time are no issue for me. in fact, i love the idea that we click so well that we just can't stop coming up with good ideas! so definitely don't be afraid to pitch something new to me, whether it's because you want to switch gears (and drop a thread for another), or want to do everything at once.
  • romance is a must for me! i prefer slow and agonizing journeys to get there, but my attention is best held by romantic chemistry between characters. i don't need a love story to be the primary focus, but i need one somewhere.
  • i can provide writing samples upon request.
  • i don't really like making character sheets, honestly!

fandoms
i’m very much a fandom player. i’m always down for aus, or inserting our own characters into the plots of fandoms! this is in no way a complete list; never be afraid to ask if i’m into something! i’ve probably forgotten a hundred things i love. i've left out the characters i want and will play because what i want changes a lot, and i can play literally anyone. i like to think that i have a talent for writing canons. i'm even okay with changing aspects of a canon for aus. however, i will not write a queer character as cishet and i will not write an asexual character as allosexual.

• the bartimaeus trilogy
  • dc
  • elder scrolls
  • fallout: new vegas and 4
  • game of thrones
  • his dark materials
  • hunger games
  • inception
  • marvel
  • miraculous ladybug
  • the mortal instruments
  • percy jackson and the olympians
  • star trek
  • star wars
  • true blood
  • the walking dead
  • warriors
  • boku no hero academia
  • bungou stray dogs
  • digimon
  • dragon age
  • final fantasy vii
  • harry potter (play my favorite ship with me, and i'll do whatever you want, literally.)
  • mystic messenger
  • naruto
  • ouran high school host club
  • pokémon
  • eragon
  • howl's moving castle
  • kiznaiver
  • the legend of zelda
  • soul eater
  • steven universe
  • tokyo ghoul
  • twilight
  • yuri!!! on ice

genres
this is nowhere near a complete list, so feel free to come at me with your own suggestions and ideas!

• age of sail
  • cyberpunk
  • dieselpunk
  • atompunk
  • dark academia
  • alien worlds/alien invasions
  • celebrity
  • fairytales and mythology
  • fantasy
  • alt-history and modern royalty
  • mutants/gifted
  • organized crime
  • crime in general
  • science fiction (especially including aliens)
  • some historical
  • dystopian/utopian
  • southern gothic
  • supernatural
  • victorian
  • post-apocalyptic
  • arranged marriage
  • enemies to lovers
  • human x not-human
  • bad guy x good guy
  • intellectual x emotional
  • criminal x innocent
  • captor x captive
  • step-siblings
  • status/class/power imbalances
  • ex-con x straightedge
  • bodyguard x assignment
  • local x out-of-towner (especially in a spooky small town)
  • famous x not famous
  • rivals of any sort
  • unwilling traveling companions
  • unwilling soulmates
if any of this interests you, please feel free to reach out to me however! please note that if you only play one kind of character (only female, only omega, only passive), then we won't work well together.

Last edited:
sweet! i'm in the middle of some pandemic-related personal stuff, so i might be slow, but please feel free to pm me! i'd like to take on a few more partners since i have the space for it.

oh, cry :closedeyescryingfrown: it is surprisingly good, definitely worth the watch if you get a moment.

such a shame, it’s the one thing i’m looking for at the moment, because i do enjoy like 90% of your list. i’m awful at hyperfixating in particular interests :closed eyes open smile:

best of luck with you pandemic-related problems, btw, here if you need anything.

"will i get and/or make art of our characters if we click? yes."
same bro, same
good luck on the search

Users who are viewing this thread

Back