• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Joker (2019 movie) RP wanted! [Gen, MxM] [Always looking]

itsnao

So, as the title states I’m really craving a RP set in the world of the new Joker movie. I’ll just start off with some general information and then we can get to the fun stuff! :D

General Information

First off, I’m female, 22 and my time zone is GMT+1. I have about 7+ years of experience and really love longer/detailed replies (although of course the actual length of my replies depends on the scene and quality trumps quantity). I do try to match my partner’s length but my replies usually fluctuate between 300 - 1,500 words.

I do enjoy plotting and world-building (and headcanons are always welcome!) but I’m also more than able to jump into a RP with minimal planning beforehand. I’m mostly comfortable with purely Gen RPs or MxM pairings. I won’t do smut and I’m comfortable playing multiple characters if wanted.
The frequency of my replies can vary a lot but if I don’t reply for a long time it’s perfectly okay to message me again! I’m a pretty patient person so it’s perfectly all right if it takes you some time to get back to me.

Also, I’m practically always looking for new partners so even if you read this ad some time in the future and are unsure whether you should contact me or not, just go ahead!

Characters

When it comes to this fandom the main thing I'm looking for is a RP that includes Arthur Fleck as one of the main characters, although I'm very flexible when it comes to who of us ends up playing him.

Apart from that I'm pretty open when it comes to what other characters to include in the RP. I think it could be fun to include Bruce Wayne (or Thomas and Martha Wayne) from the movie if we want to explore the possibility of Arthur really being Thomas' son, Penny Fleck (maybe as a side character), a Batman from a different version of the DC universe (like one where he is an adult/not potentially related to Arthur if we want to ship them), Travis Bickle from the movie "Taxi Driver" etc. I'm open to all canon characters, characters from different fandoms (provided they would fit into the world) or OCs. Surprise me! :D

Themes/Plots

In terms of plot I don't really have any fully fleshed out ideas but I would love to explore 'what if' scenarios where things take a different turn during canon events. In general, I'm open to plots set either pre-canon, during the events of the movie or post-canon. I absolutely love angst and hurt & comfort (although I'm a sucker for happy endings!). I'm alright with 'darker' themes and violence/strong language but would prefer not to write outright smut.

In general I love character-driven RPs rather than action-driven ones and I tend to prefer focusing on how characters evolve and interact with each other.

I also enjoy RPs that focus on familial/platonic relationships rather than romantic ones so a plot focused more on Arthur and his relationship with his mother or the Waynes etc. would be fun as well (I think him maybe being related to the Wayne family has some interesting potential).

That being said, I am also really in the mood for a more classic/'cliche' romance story between Arthur and another (male) character that results in the other character helping Arthur stay sane/supporting him during the events of the movie. Think of a sort of "fix-it" for the movie (I know it's a little cheesy but I did really feel that if Arthur had had a better support network a lot of the events of the movie might not have transpired). I would love for this to be slow burn and staying on the more 'realistic' side (meaning that not all of Arthur's issues would get magically fixed from one minute to the next).

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask me!

Thank you for reading! <3

I might be interested in doing something with this??? Either as a family thing or a romantic thing. I’m 21+ years old female.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back