• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Variable Title (Closed, not taking more players currently)

Journey or Single Area Adventure

• Total voters

Gravitational Force

Dark Lord of Creativity
Welcome one and all!

I am looking for 3-4 players. Depending on expressed player preference the roleplay will either by your character journeying to a destination or staying and protecting/searching an area.

My guarantees as GM:
I am here to help you help us all tell the story. If you ever have questions, comments, concerns, or just want to chat I'm willing to listen and respond. I can cover for you if you just let me know what you need.
I'm here to help.

Your responsibilities as players:
You need to know enough about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to write for the setting.
You will need to be willing and able to write at least 3 literate paragraphs per main post. If a post would be smaller I'll use messaging to consolidate them into a single post.
You will need to let me know if you won't be able to post during your turn. As long as you let me know it's fine but otherwise I'll eventually have to let you go so the others can post.
No controlling another player's character without their consent.

A CS and OOC page will go up as soon as all the slots are filled.

What do you mean? You haven't done any roleplays? Have you done tabletop RPGs or anything similar?
I've done at least one TRPG IRL, but I have not RP'd online. I should probably lurk more, and I just want to know if there is a schedule to this sort of thing. You already have set some ground rules, and I just want to know stuff like the combat system that will be used.

Last edited:
Yare yare daze...
I love JoJo, and have been itching for an excuse to test out a new Stand and Stand user combo. Count me in!

Yare yare daze...
I love JoJo, and have been itching for an excuse to test out a new Stand and Stand user combo. Count me in!
Welcome aboard.

I'm hoping for at least one more player. Otherwise OOC and CS threads will be up in a few days. Feel free to suggest/discuss any ideas you have for this. I'm here to help.

Welcome aboard.

I'm hoping for at least one more player. Otherwise OOC and CS threads will be up in a few days. Feel free to suggest/discuss any ideas you have for this. I'm here to help.
What's the scale of this journey? Is it going to be a trek across a part of the globe or traveling across a country?

Welcome aboard.

Would it be possible for player characters to initially appear as villains before being defeated and turned into friends, in grand JoJo tradition?

What's the scale of this journey? Is it going to be a trek across a part of the globe or traveling across a country?
I'm waiting for all the players to be ready before that discussion and I've got one open spot left. Feel free to toss out ideas.

Would it be possible for player characters to initially appear as villains before being defeated and turned into friends, in grand JoJo tradition?
Of course!

I’ve got two ideas.

1. A very infamous stand using criminal has gotten a multi million dollar bounty placed on his head and went on the run. We’re a team of bounty hunters that go after him for the reward or for other reasons. Along the way we fight the criminal’s allies, rival bounty hunters, and whatever bizarre foes we can come up with.

2. We’re a team contracted by the Speedwagon Foundation to deliver some artifacts, however, a rival organization wants said artifacts and has sent a team of Stand using hitmen to get rid of us and to recover the artifacts.

1. A very infamous stand using criminal has gotten a multi million dollar bounty placed on his head and went on the run. We’re a team of bounty hunters that go after him for the reward or for other reasons. Along the way we fight the criminal’s allies, rival bounty hunters, and whatever bizarre foes we can come up with.
I could work with this. If there are no objections from the others I'm fine with this being the plot.

Would you all prefer it to be a globe-hopping journey or just traveling across a country?

I feel like a global journey would give us more variety in fight locations and situations.
It would also mean I would have to run the RP slower while I researched locations and figured out a route.

I could probably give plenty of variety on a roadtrip through the American South and it would have the benefit of making things simpler.

It would also mean I would have to run the RP slower while I researched locations and figured out a route.

I could probably give plenty of variety on a roadtrip through the American South and it would have the benefit of making things simpler.

Alright I’ll be fine with that.

I'd like to join. Will this be the stand-esque Jojo's experience, or hamon, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back