• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - The RPG Test Group

GinkyGotBack

A Very Good Boy
So not too long ago, I came across a neat little project called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - The RPG. What it essentially is, is a dice rolling game based on the hit Manga/Anime series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Admittedly, it does seem a bit complicated, even I was a bit flustered when I was first reading the rules for it. If you'd like to read about it yourself I'll be putting a link right here:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - The RPG

So what I'm hoping to do here is form a little group that can help me test out how the game works and how some Stands I've created work. I haven't actually played it myself yet, so this should be a learning experience for everyone participating. In the end, if everyone's liking it I might make the test group an official group and we can legitimately play the game.

What I need is two to six people who I will help make their CS (Character Sheets). We'll be doing most of the work here on RpNation, most likely in a PM as I'm not quite sure how RpN would feel about a test forum. You can either make your own OC character or if you want to play as a canon JoJo character we can try to whip up a CS for them (although which canon character you'd want to play would have to be accepted by me). So if anyone's interested just slam a comment down below and I'll add you to a conversation!

I'm reading through the document rn and I had a few questions.

1. Is this gonna be over chat or voice?

2. How many points will be allocated to use for our stands since the decision is up to the GM.

3. Is it required for any of us to have experience with dice rps? I've always been meaning to play one but never got to it.

4. How will canon characters work? How could Jonathan Joestar and Kira Yoshikage exist within the same space and duke it out with each other or save some princess??

I'm reading through the document rn and I had a few questions.

1. Is this gonna be over chat or voice?

2. How many points will be allocated to use for our stands since the decision is up to the GM.

3. Is it required for any of us to have experience with dice rps? I've always been meaning to play one but never got to it.

4. How will canon characters work? How could Jonathan Joestar and Kira Yoshikage exist within the same space and duke it out with each other or save some princess??
Hey, thanks for the questions!

So this is probably going to be over chat at, but If this test group turns into an actual group we'll have a little vote to see if we'll switch to voice.

For point allocation we'll probably be using the standard 10 points as I've been using those so far to make stands and I haven't had any problems with it and it's also pretty well balanced for stats and abilities.

You don't really need experience with dice rps for this as it breaks away from traditional dice rules a bit. If you have questions about how we'll be using the dice and what for then I can answer those two.

Well, characters from parts 1-2 we won't be using at all. There is an expansion for Hamon and pillar men but I won't be getting into that until I'm more familiar with the base game. For Canon characters you can use any living characters from parts 4-6. However, this would take place before the events of part 6 and after part 5, so make sure whatever canon character you play had a stand by then (so Jolyne and Here's are a no go).

Gotcha and thanks! You got a discord link for this group? Also how will the plot be laid out since jojo is more about meeting enemies and friends along the way so wouldn't our characters need to know each other first before we all set out? So we should wait till we got the group hashed out and get over voice to make backstories and such. GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Boogie Boogie
Would you guys rather do this on RpNation or on Discord? I have a server dedicated to dice games that I just recently cleaned up so if you guys want we can do it there.

As for the plot, we can start out with your characters meeting each other and then after a little time that's when I'll be sending one of my boys after you two and anyone else who'd like to join. As for that, I had two ideas on how we can start the story.

So I had this idea that everyone's characters could be new agents of the Speedwagon Foundation tasked to carry out special missions that non-Stand Users wouldn't be able to. You guys would be sent all around the world to retrieve things of interest for the SPW and investigating other Stand Users and determining if they're threats. I don't think it'll be necessary to make backstories over voice if we were to start the game this way. What do you guys think?

GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was busy yesterday and I just now got done with all the work that was due today (had four assignments due for a honors and physics class). I'm down with either, perhaps on RPnation? So others can see our adventures in case they want to join in since this place can keep track of older messages better than discord can. Perhaps give us the discord so we can do character creation in there...unless we don't have to roll for anything really? The rules evade my mind rn.

Also I'm down for being an agent of Speedwagon. Foundation. Oh Yeah! Does Joseph run the foundation or no?

GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was busy yesterday and I just now got done with all the work that was due today (had four assignments due for a honors and physics class). I'm down with either, perhaps on RPnation? So others can see our adventures in case they want to join in since this place can keep track of older messages better than discord can. Perhaps give us the discord so we can do character creation in there...unless we don't have to roll for anything really? The rules evade my mind rn.

Also I'm down for being an agent of Speedwagon. Foundation. Oh Yeah! Does Joseph run the foundation or no?
It's alright man, life comes first
Character creation is done by point allocation so there's no rolling required. I have no idea if Joseph runs the SPW or not, but I do know that Jotaro will be acting as your commanding officer ;)

Welcome to the family. Get your bara-baraness on Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
killer_queen_by_fishmas-d8ourl5.jpg

We can still do character creation on discord for those who want to. One of my friends was helping me to make Stands for this and I found that talking over voice really helped with that aspect.

I haven't tried the dice here on Rpn, so idk how good it is for actual dice rolling. However, if it's not good, we can just use the dice room on my server just for rolling, as I would like to see what people roll.

Fellas, I'm thinking of naming my character Sugar Leppard based off Def Leppard and their song. I don't know, what do y'all think?

Sugar Leppard sounds good, I think Def Leppard would be good too imo

Gd don't tempt me. Idk, the names in jojo were sorta clever as they really never took from the actual names themselves....aside from a few *Cough*Dio*cough* at least I think so. So maybe Deaf Leopard?

Gd don't tempt me. Idk, the names in jojo were sorta clever as they really never took from the actual names themselves....aside from a few *Cough*Dio*cough* at least I think so. So maybe Deaf Leopard?
The only reason they changed the names in the anime was to avoid getting sued and all that jazz. Hence Killer Queen becomes Deadly Queen and Jeann Pierre Polnareff becomes Jean Pierre Eiffel and (imo the worst one) Vanilla Ice is now Cool Ice. In the manga though, all the names stay the same. So go ahead and call it Def Leppard if you want ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back