• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Should there be a main JoJo?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
1634356716678.png
Were Keep and Rosie hearing these men's french correctly??

Keep sort of frowned as the One-armed bed-occupant started blathering on about Rosie's contribution. Specifically how little of it she's done. The gray-skinned apparition raised an eyebrow, as she didn't care for how this man was talking to them (and was he calling Rosie "Damsel"?! Bold of this man to start calling someone he barely met by a nickname...), especially when ONLY NOW had anyone bothered to explain ANYTHING GOING ON to her! It wasn't Rosies fault she was "contributing little" to their endeavors!

Though Keep supposed, to be fair: Rosie hasn't been awake long enough for a proper explanation anyway...

Rosie nodded with misty eyes at the one-armed man's words, avoiding eye contact as soon as the one-armed man turned to face her, though Keep kept a steady frown right back at him as he spoke. The little once nurse felt like bawling her eyes out, feeling like her precious Elias would be rolling in his grave if he were to see who Rosie was with now.

The two didn't know enough about these men to form a proper opinion about them (except they were unsettled by waking up to them ever since they had saved the little orange kitten) but they were both happy to see these men were both "putting their money where their mouth was", as it seemed they really WERE giving her the option to leave.

Wait... Was the one-armed man addressing the Nightmare Nazi...as Superman...???

Why was he addressing this man as SUPERMAN?!

Rosie was too afraid to ask... And naturally too afraid to correct the one-armed man in calling her "Damsel"... She did wince and look extremely uncomfortable as he called her that, trying not to be too obvious in her disdain for how he addressed her because she was too scared to offend the one-armed Nazi...

"More likely to die, huh? Don't tempt me with too good a time, now..." Rosie thought to herself as the Nightmare Nazi informed her a little bit more about her situation (Rosie didn't like it when other people knew more about her situation than she did...) and what would happen to her if she separated from the group. Ironic, considering she felt that STAYING with these men would lead to her death far quicker than healing in the alleyways.

It wasn't technically suicidal if someone else killed her, after all.
And it wasn't spitting on Elias' grave if whoever killed her wasn't a Nazi.

But they didn't need to know that.

"U-Uhm... I-I'm R-rosie..." Rosie looked to the one-armed man on the bed for a moment, then quickly went back to hanging her head (and hugging her kitten), as if to beg (without begging) he call her by her name.

"A-and I-I don't really understand what's going on... H-how did they find out about me? A-ace only found out about me through rumors... A-and we only wanted the rumors to spread from the alleyways, b-but we never said my name... A-and I covered their eyes a-and wore a cloak to disguise m-myself..." Rosie muttered in confusion as the Nightmare Nazi attempted to answer them, going through the somewhat traumatic events from the past few days, "A-a-and I-I'm s-s-so sorry I-I've c-c-contributed little... t-to... u-uhm..."

She was too afraid to make eye contact with either of them.

"T-to... U-Uhm... I-I don't quite know...? I-I... I-I-I-I really h-h-have no idea what's going on o-or wh-what we're doing here... A-and I don't know wh-why I keep waking up to you two e-ever since I rescued this kitty from dying..." Rosie sniffled, again scared, and holding back tears.

How on Earth did she get roped in with these men?!

"I-I guess if Ace stays, I-I'll stay, too..." Rosie mumbled somewhat quietly, eyes glued to the floor while Keep kept a pretty clear "keep your distance" face to both of the men, though it was easy to see Keep was frightened as well, "H-he said he'd help me, s-s-so I-I wanna stay with him a-and return the favor to him..."

It meant a lot that Ace not only didn't force her to heal him or be his healer but also offered her reciprocity for her ability... That was more than anyone had ever done for her once they discovered Keep and wanted something out of her...

Which was why she was extremely confused as to why these Nazis... wanted to do good? Were they really good? Why and how?

The Nazis weren't some kids club one could just QUIT at any time they pleased...Oppose that monster and you're DONE... The Night of the Long Knives proved that rather "brilliantly"...

Even if these men were genuinely good... Wouldn't they betray her instantly as soon as their loved ones were apprehended and used as leverage for them to give her to the Nazis????

Saftey with these men didn't seem possible either way...

She knew these men only cared about her safety insofar and insomuch as Rosie could heal them, after all. That was the only reason anyone cared about her stupid, small self...

Well... Anyone alive, anyway.

Last edited:
Rockefeller sat up as Rosie repeated her name, the blankets falling from around him as he did. He had an almost hurt expression on his face but her insistence went over his head. "I'm aware." He said incredulously, disappointed to think she believed otherwise. What would even give her that idea? "Anyway, I don't think you understand exactly what I'm asking you to do. It's my own fault, I wasn't clear enough. We're leaving to infiltrate a ship yard to find an explanation for the absurd number of Stand users in this town. As soon as we leave here, as well as I'm aware. If the suspicion that it's more than a ship yard becomes reality, we'll be walking right into a Nazi stronghold. So you see, this isn't a choice that you should make with someone else's opinion of you in mind." He paused, mulling over a spontaneous thought before continuing. "If this doesn't change your mind... You'll have my admiration and respect. Your abilities would be greatly useful in this crusade. Again, it's your choice... But I think you should converse with Ace, if his opinion really matters so much."
Minako Minako
Assailant Assailant

William
(Farmhouse - Outer Perimeter)
4d0b5d60eafaedbca4717944d96eeb29.jpg

William almost smiled, the corner of his mouth twitching with slight bemusement.

"You came all the way out here on your own and got held at gunpoint by a lone shooter - twice." He glanced down the ironsights of his gun nonchalantly, tip focused on Angelica's forehead.

"And you're trying to tell me you were going to stop the Fuhrer yourself?"

He shook his head and sighed, frosty mist exhaling in a short plume as he did. The wind and the leaves were very still, as if the two of them had been isolated in a moment of time where the world stood still. No animal dared to snap a twig or rustle a leaf. The crickets lay still and silent.

"I am not in the habit of allowing myself to be swayed with words. If anything, I'm surprised that you don't understand how suspicious your situation is. A lone Italian in Nazi-France who can pass the checkpoints easily with no Allied-affiliation whom seems to possess a power I've come to learn can be administered by Nazis alone."

William raised an eyebrow and slipped a finger around the trigger of his pistol. |Dead Dreams| had now returned and was positioned behind Angelica, out of her field of view. If those unnatural tentacles tried anything, it would only take a couple seconds...

"If you don't have anything useful to tell me, lie face-down on the ground. I'm not in the mood to tell you twice."

Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind

Last edited:
Angelica Giovanna ~ Vitriol

"Oh, darling, I'd have to be an even more dangerous dictator than that pig to think I could take on his entire army myself!" Angelica shakes her head, shrugging. Her patience with this man was already growing thin, "If you never allow words to sway you, you'll be left in the dust by everyone who talks to each other. But, fine, words don't convince you," she stands firm, [DAY TRIPPER] extending into the air, swaying gently, dripping god knows what onto (through?) the ground, "Your gun doesn't scare me either."

She raises an eyebrow at the mention of what she can only assume is a Stand, and then, with a brief moment of thought, does a double-take, "Hey! Not only have I had this my entire life, you liar, but also you have one, you hypocrite. Do you think I am blind? Does that statue mean nothing," she gestures vaguely at the hypothetical idea of [DEAD DREAMS], unaware it's right behind her, "or are you the secret Nazi spy?" All of the whimsical humor in her tone and face are gone replaced with vitriol. Her stand unfurling from her arm, anchored to the ground, curled multiple times as if agitated. She continues, through gritted teeth, "I'm not the dainty little girly idiot you think I am, Brit. You'll come to regret our little meetings." Angelica is half tempted to simply turn away and desert the Brit, but then she might not quite have the ability to deflect the bullet that has her name written all over it. It's really, really tempting though.

Kloudy Kloudy

Kloudy Kloudy Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind

Right as the tension was at its thickest, and combat, seemed imminent, [THE WALL] appeared before the two of them, staring at Angelica. Odiel's footsteps could be heard from behind Will shortly after. "Well, I'm at least relieved I didn't get here to see a dead French civilian, Insaleffe," Odiel snarked. "What's the situation, and just who are you?" Odiel was staring at Angelica with unveiled mistrust but was unguarded and non-threatening in her body language.

"This isn't the first time I've seen you around. You're not a Nazi informant or we would have been caught when we left the Subway. You're not some Axis attempt to infiltrate us, because...this would be a laughable attempt of that. Nor are you a part of any organised Allied resistance either. So, a lone wolf. But none of that tells me who you are, what you want, or why you're here. There are now two of us, and one of you. You have everything to gain by telling us the truth, and everything to lose by lying. I can't speak for my British friend here but information and answers are two things we all sorely need more of right now."

Last edited:
William
(Farmhouse - Outer Perimeter)

"Oh for f-" William sighed and lowered his gun, pinching the bridge of his nose. Of course the situation was only going to get more complicated.

"Fine, you can handle this," The spy leaned on his heel and trudged past Odiel, stopping only to look back with a scowl, "I'm not responsible for when that... thing of her's wraps around your neck."

Holstering his pistol curtly, William stepped behind a tree and allowed |Dead Dreams| to carry him up into the treetops. Stepping from branch to branch until they had returned to the farmhouse, William walked up to the main door when he noticed a small wooden shack of a makeshift toilet. Curious, he altered his path to meander towards it. Ever the pessemist, the Brit was on guard as he approached and cautiously nudged the old worn door aside. It was a standard outside lavatory with a wooden hole that likely went far down. Nothing to be particularly impressed about.

What did pique the intelligence officer's interest was a loose plank in the left interior wall. By standard dimensions, these outdoor toilets were suppoed to have one layer of planks for walls, yet William could see no light pouring through the crack of the dislodged plank. Prying it off with some effort, his eyebrows rose in surprise at the sight of a secret compartment containing a hunting rifle and several boxes of ammunition.

"Planning a resistance, I see..." William said to the rifle, glancing up at the farmhouse's high rooftop.

After having replaced the plank and closed the lavatory's door, William used |Dead Dreamd| to jump onto the roof and settle with his back to the chimney. With a marksman's experience, he inspected the rifle thoroughly. It was old but not in awfully poor condition, usable enough in a fight. It would definitely require vigorous cleaning before he could consider carrying it around with him though. Wiping the lenses of the scope, William looked down the magnified sights. He grunted as his vision landed on two shadowy figures in the distance, Odiel and Angelica. The spy hovered the reticule over the latter woman's midsection, but lay his finger off the trigger.

"Better safe than dead..." He muttered to himself.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Angelica Giovanna ~ Take Two

Angelica was about to snap at William when Odiel's Stand, [THE WALL] appeared before the two, probably two seconds before bullets started flying. The Italian girl sighed, renewing what strength remained in holding her arms up (I think I remember that part), trying her hardest to compartmentalize her anger towards William to just the Brit and not towards the German girl that has come to the rescue. She had a certain mature charm to her, after all. Lingering anger turned to contempt and indignation- "I- ehm, okay..."

"I am Angelica Giovanna, native to Italy. The cowardice of my country has driven me to take matters into my own hands. With the help of my Stand-" the purple-yellow tentacle drifted in the air, the agitation present moments ago dissipating- "I've sneaked my way to this quiet town in France to topple the occupations taking place, and I have my sights on the Fuhrer himself. As for what I want..." she takes a couple of moments to get a better look at Odiel herself, the girl's flirtatious nature finally getting room to breathe. Perhaps it'd dissolve the tension, too? "...well, I don't have anything else useful to say, can I lay down for you now?~"

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Last edited:
Maximus Kuhn
maxbounce-gif.756188

Maximus shrugged and sighed, partly in frustration and partly in indifference. "Ultimately, it's your choice," he spoke gruffly. He couldn't help but feel that her leaving would be bad, both for the crew and for her, but... "As I said, we're not here to keep you prisoner. Do what you need to do, just remember that getting yourself killed won't accomplish anything." He raised his glass and took a gulp from his warm water. Once more, he felt the dryness in his throat recede, if only for a time. "I've seen a lot of good people die trying to be a hero. All of their deaths had one thing in common: it resulted in one less good person in this world." He took another gulp.

"Still though: it's your life, you get to choose how you spend it. At the very least, mull it over." He looked outside and saw the last vestiges of the Autumn twilight dipping below the French horizon. It really was beautiful. As he looked out upon the fields and forests, he was overcome by a sense of solemnity. What was to come of this war? Naturally, he hoped the Nazi menace that had corrupted his once beautiful nation would come to end, but... what would take its place? Spirits were still high back in the fatherland, but word down the grapevine was that the war in the east was beginning to turn. If this kept up...

"You can still help people with us, you know. Arguably more people. We can help protect you and strike back against the oppressors. If you go off on your own, it's only a matter of time until another Dorn gets his hands on you. When that happens, you will be senselessly killed or imprisoned and tortured, or worse: made to serve them." He shook his head. "We should be making dinner soon: you need to eat. Stay at least long enough for that, have time to collect your thoughts. If you still wish to leave, then do as you wish. The night will be cold, but it will make ample cover to sneak back in. I'll-"

Maximus went silent as a thud sounded on the roof above them. He went stiff and gestured to Rosie and Rockefeller to be silent. He donned Fields of Verdun and walked quietly over to the window. Slowly, he reached his hands up and grasped the edge of the roof, and in a quick motion, he lifted himself atop the building. The first thing he saw was a rifle, and he almost reflexively attacked before noticing who was holding the rifle. With a sigh, he spoke to Rosie and Rockefeller through the window.

"Stand down, it's just the Inse...- It's just the Brit." He lowered Fields of Verdun and approached, kneeling next to William. Maximus looked in the direction his rifle was pointed, gazing into the woods. "What's going on? Are we under attack?"

Minako Minako AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2 Kloudy Kloudy

Last edited:
1636493382598.png
Rosie nodded and hung her head as the two scary men spoke to her. She was a little relieved when the bigger man had left the room but then flinched and squeaked once she heard him speak through the window...

Did the one-armed man call the Nightmare Nazi Superman because of that... that suit...?

Oh dear... The little nurse could barely handle seeing it, let alone thinking it made the behemoth EVEN MORE terrifying than before (that was like giving a Bear a chainsaw! Way beyond unnecessary!)... She desperately wanted to ask, but not only did she fear talking to the men... She also feared the answers.

Rosie, in the end, remained silent but couldn't hide her fear and shaking as she stood still, just watching things unfold.

Was she dreaming? Mmmn, No, the painful nosebleed she got while crashing into the Nightmare Nazi suggested otherwise...

It surprised her how well the Nightmare Nazi was treating her, she didn't think he wanted THAT MUCH insurance he'd be healed... She hoped there wasn't another reason... She had nothing to give him (especially after abandoning her home and most of her Earthly possessions when she met up with Ace) or to offer aside healing... She was afraid he'd get mad and/or disappointed when he finally realized that was all she had to offer...

Well, she was pretty useless aside from healing with Keep, and that was pretty painfully obvious... So... She was sure the giant man only needed her for healing.

The one-armed man, too.

It made sense to her they'd try to convince her to stay.

She didn't care if they tortured or killed her, if she was honest with herself, she only wanted to stay alive because Elias gave his life for her... Even though the irony is without him, her life had no meaning and she was left purposeless...

What did get to her from what they both said was the possibility the Nazis would force her to heal them. She'd rather die.

Her stomach grumbled again and this time the sting of hunger wasn't as kind as before.

"Nnngh," She quietly muttered as the pang of pain impatiently hurt her stomach.

She had forgotten she was so hungry in all the... uh... well, "debriefing" for lack of a better word... Not that she could possibly be hungry at a time like this, but her body was urging her like it didn't matter.

She was reviewing everything these men had told her in her mind: About the shipyard, Dorn, "Stand Users", whatever those are...

The little nurse wished she could find comfort in these possibly being good men, but even so... They probably have families the Nazis won't hesitate to use against them... It might hurt her even MORE in the end being good...

Though, they can't be too good, right? They're no fools, so surely they MUST know the consequences of their actions, right? Are they willingly putting their family at risk to help strangers like her and Ace????

Rosie sighed, and the weight of their words and this situation was so heavy she could almost feel it on her shoulders. She wanted to help them (she didn't really care enough about protection for herself, but her kitty and Ace, it sounded good as long as they weren't forced to betray them...) but... well, play with fire and you get burned, right? Weren't these men "fire"???

She wanted to talk to Ace about it, at least. She couldn't trust these men even if she wanted to, but they had Ace's trust... Kind of... So that had to count for something, right?

"Uhm..." Rosie peeped up, though she sounded (and looked) like a child looking up at their principal after being called to their office, "I-I guess I'll go see wh-what there is in the kitchen... Maybe there's something I can make with stuff here in the meantime? I-I'll go check..."

As she left the room, she looked back for one last look at the sleeping boy next to the bed now occupied by the one-armed man... She understood they'd want to preserve her healing for more dire situations than avoiding a nasty scar, but it was... The first time since Irene's death she was told NOT to heal someone... Strange...

She closed the door behind her and let out a soft sigh.

What was she doing with her life? Helping strangers she didn't know on what seemed like a dangerous mission? Healing only so that Elias' sacrifice wasn't in vain? Would her lost love weep if he could see what she was doing right now?

She marched onward until she found the kitchen, and began fishing out pots and pans and looking through the cupboards for any flour or sugar... Or really anything she could use to make anything...

"Iro... Ro... Ro ro iro..." Keep mumbled worriedly.

"I-I don't know, Keep... We'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there, I suppose..." Rosie exhaled and whispered back after another long sigh, adding, "It isn't a great plan, but... Well... If we talk to Ace and Ace trusts them..."

"Ro iro ro, ro?" Keep asked, still extremely concerned.

"I mean, I can't imagine they won't for their families... Though, I-I'm surprised they're willing to endanger them for the greater good..." Rosie murmured back.

"Mew!" The small orange kitten demanded their attention from Rosie's arms.

"Heh, come on, let's get you some water and see if there's anything to feed you," Rosie said as she softly nuzzled the kitten and kissed them on their forehead.

Last edited:
William
(Farmhouse - Main House Roof)

"Maybe..." William peered closer in an attempt to get a better view.

He leaned back and looked off into the distance with a frown. He didn't have a good feeling about this.

"One lone female, Italian but she also speaks French. She appears unarmed, but seems to possess what we've come to call... a stand." He shook his head and pulled out his zippo, relighting his cigar.

For a brief moment, William recalled a time when an honest-seeming man in a foreign country approached his team with good intentions. The scene had ended in fire and shellshock. William was of no mind to believe anything different would happen given the current circumstances. Things had been less suspicious then than they were now.

"Your friend has gone to deal with it... But who's to say this isn't another ambush." He eyed Max with a squint before returning to the rifle's scope.

Assailant Assailant

Rockefeller wasn't deaf to the sound above them but Maximus reacted much faster. The armor-clad Stand user was out the window before he could wonder if it was wishful thinking dismissing the noise as a settling house. In the tense seconds before Maximus gave the all clear, Rockefeller was fully prepared to breach the ceiling and crush the legs of whatever enemy was above them. His breathing became deep and deliberate and his musculature swelled, filling out every fold in his outfit. He must have bloated to double his size before Max spoke up, deflating with a harsh wheeze like a balloons. Hearing the man's voice disarmed him at least but didn't bring any delight. "So you're trying to kill us with a heart attack now?" Rockefeller cried out the window, shaking his fist at William, who almost certainly couldn't see him. He slammed the window shut and withdrew into the room, ready to talk Rosie's ear off about the man's completely rude behavior. His gaze met a closed door and empty room, the soft sound of frightful footsteps growing farther with every second that passed.

"Hello?" Rockefeller followed Rosie into the kitchen, announcing his presence loudly before he entered. He turned the corner with his hands raised in mock surrender, shivering and pouty. "Please, don't throw anything, damsel." The act fell apart when he noticed the pots and pans she'd left out, his pout turning into a full on smile. "Oh, you're cooking? Are you cooking? What are you cooking?" He pushed away from the wall and was by her side in a few quick strides, going straight for the fridge with a ravenous air about him. How long had it been since he'd had something hot to eat? With his diet consisting of dried meats and fruit-nut mixes, he'd been eating like a soldier for the longest time. It was a miracle to him that he was still moving. It dawned on him at the same time that he hadn't had anything to eat since the night before. "What's on the menu? Ah, pleeeeeeeeease don't make a French breakfast. If even a single croissant comes across the table, I'll think I'll die..."
Minako Minako

1637284344109.png
"G-gah!" Rosie cried as soon as the frightening one-armed man was almost instantly beside her when he CERTAINLY wasn't before.

"Mew!" The little kitten gave the one-armed man a friendly meow.

She stiffened her whole body and then quickly stepped back, desperately trying to get out of his arms reach (would... would that even matter? Could she even outrun him with a head start? More than likely NOT, she feared...).

As he spoke, she was surprised he was so curious about what she was going to make... Like a child, almost... How was that even possible!?

She trembled and nodded as he made the (rather adamant) request to NOT make croissants. The little french nurse loved croissants, but she could also respect this German DIDN'T.

"W-well... I-I--" She began with a shaky voice, as trembly as her own body, "I-I was just going to ch-check and see what's here, a-and if I could make something out of it... I-I don't think there are enough ingredients t-to make some croissants a-anyway..."

Keep frowned at him and kept a close eye on the one-armed threat as Rosie searched the kitchen cabinets and... Well, she did find some flour, sugar, and salt... Along with some crackers (that had probably gone stale)...

Rosiegrossedout.png

Unfortunately, the bread inside had already gone green with mold, so Rosie stuck her tongue out and shook her head in disgust, not even bothering with it.​

"E-excuse me--" Rosie politely and quietly pleaded as she gently nudged the one-armed man out of the way so she could check the fridge, though she didn't have high hopes.

She was right not to: All it seemed to contain were some rotten apples...

OH! Perhaps not all was lost, she also found some sealed-up jerky! (Thank goodness they didn't mess with the packaging or else the rotten apples would have passed that to it!

She took the apples out and tossed them in a nearby trashcan (rather small, but it would do) and she took the opportunity to toss the moldy bread, too.

"I-it looks like all we have are some jerky and stale crackers until we can get more food... B-but I think if I can use this milk I can at least make some cookies for us to snack on i-in the meantime... I-it's not much, but it'll keep us from being too hungry while we wait..." Rosie muttered fearfully, Keep's frown narrowing at Rock, not letting down the clear "STAY AWAY" sign in her eyes.

Keep didn't trust this man, or the giant nightmare Nazi either, and it was all for the better... It would make their inevitable betrayal once it was clear their families were in danger far more painful.

Rosie looked at the pot the Nightmare Nazi had used when he heated up her milk from earlier. Yes, indeed, there was enough to make some cookies with mere flour, butter, and sugar.

"Uh, Keep, could you--" Rosie began to ask, pointing at the higher cabinets (where some dishes might be) before her companion nodded and began opening the top cabinets.

They found what they wanted: A glass jar.

Taking the rest of the milk from the pot, the little nurse added just a pinch of salt to it once in the jar, and Keep shook, shook, and shook as fast as she could (which was quite fast, actually!), and when she was done... There was butter in the jar.

Rosie held back a giggle and then got a bowl out. After cleaning it as best she could, she then beat together the butter, sugar, and flour until it was blended (She of course handed the kitten to Keep and washed her hands thoroughly before handling the food). Keep then handed her a wooden spoon and Rosie used it to scoop out the batter into 1-inch dough balls.

Keepsosweetmeme.png

Keep sprinkled some sugar onto them while Rosie rolled the dough balls around in them, and then used a cup to flatten them into discs. Delicious, delicious discs of sugar cookies.

Keep found a baking pan and once all the sugar cookies were on it, into the oven it went!

Rosie and Keep high-fived as the oven beeped it was ready to bake and placed the cookies inside. Luckily, though there were no oven-safe gloves or rags or towels, Keep was able to put them inside the hot oven safely without Rosie burning herself.

Rosiessmile.png

"And that takes care of that!" Rosie giggled as she smiled and kissed the orange tabby on the head as she opened up the jerky and ripped off a small piece of some for the kitten.​

It wouldn't be long before the smell of cookies overtakes the house... It wasn't much, but delicious, safe-to-eat cookies were better than nothing in everyone's stomachs, after all! (And she, in fact, DID NOT make a croissant as the one-armed Nazi requested!)

AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2

Last edited:
Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind Odiel's response to the comment was a few seconds of very tense silence and an icy glare of disdain and annoyance. After a while, she decided to ignore that comment. "If you're after the Fuhrer, what are you doing here in a small town in Brittany? Did you get lost? All you had to do was go north....Well, if you were lying, you'd have told me you're seeking out La Resistance, or trying to get to England, as those stories would at least be believable. So I think you must be telling the truth. You came all this way to try and kill Hitler, because every turn you took, you realised how hard taking direct action to go into heavily occupied territory would be." Odiel's mouth curled up very slightly into something between a smile and a sneer. "Even here was a little too dangerous. Where was your journey to kill Hitler taking you next? Belgium?"

Odiel looked back behind her, then back to Angelica. "I trust that you're not an enemy and don't mean me harm. That's not the same as trusting you. What's your next move going to be?"

Angelica Giovanna ~ Out of her Element

"Augh, what a downer!" the Italian rolls her eyes. Angelica was really, really expecting the German girl to be at least... a little bit more receptive than that. That really shocked her system. With the gun pointed at her face not two minutes previous was a bad combination for the Italian, throwing her completely off of her rhythm. Practically pouting, hands on her hips, she continues, indignation fueled partly by embarrassment, "Of course I'm not lying to you, what would even be the point?? My life is convoluted and messy as it is, what would a lie accomplish?" her hand comes up to the bridge of her nose, "I would have thought a more casual talk would be more enjoyable for both parties. Interrogations aren't my strong suit." In a different world, such scrutiny wouldn't be so necessary, and the girl would almost have a point. Curiously, the girl seems more interested in steering the conversation down a more casual route than answering Odiel's quite direct question. Give it a few moments...

Within such moments of cold silence, Angelica gives a proper reply, "...I don't... know. I wasn't entirely planning on reaching the upper echelon of France in the first place, but... it's crazy the way things fall into place, huh?" The tentacle, [Day Tripper], now appears curled around her torso, snaked along her shoulder blades and draped over her right shoulder. "Planning that far ahead, while there's a war going on... that's just bad planning!" she defends herself almost half-heartedly. "Are you sure I can't lie down for you? It'd be more pleasant than this interrogation." Take two!!

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Odiel gave another slight smirk. "This isn't a casual conversation? Trust when I say that if I was interrogating you, you'd know. But from casually talking to you, I can see there'd be no point. Nevermind me asking you question, there are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself. What's your plan? What have you really been doing and where is it going to take you? A Stand alone isn't going you keep you safe as you blunder your way around forever. They have Stands too, and if they tried to kill me, you wouldn't let you talk your way out of it. I'd tell you to go home if I thought you would. You know what? Sure. You can lie down for me."

Odiel's smile had long since disappeared, and now she turned and started nonchalantly walking back to the farmhouse. She didn't appear to be stopping Angelica from following her.

Jerky.

Cookies.

Jerky and cookies.

Cookies and jerky.

"Nooooooooooooooo..." Rockefeller wheezed. The bones in his legs turned to jelly underneath him, making guiding himself around the kitchen table to a seat an near impossible challenge. He couldn't seem to escape the curse of the jerky dinner. What's more, the only side dish available were cookies. Cookies? How far removed from granola were cookies? Just a squeeze of ones hands, and...

Rockefeller groaned into the table, lamenting his misfortunes. His dream of a fulfilling dinner could never exist again in this foreign land. "Angel of death, take my now! Grant me escape from jerky and trail mix..." He dropped his head against the table and fell still, silent for a few quiet seconds before springing back to life. Hope burned behind his lids, a smile twitching at his lips. "Ah, but there's cattle outside! If we butchered one, could you prepare it for us?" Rockefeller was out of his chair before he got an answer, gesturing for Rosie to follow as he made his way out the back door and towards the grazing fields. "Come, come. Why didn't I think of this before, I was just out there!"
Minako Minako

1638152607426.png

"E-eh? I-I'm sorry... Th-they won't be in the oven very long, o-only a few minutes..." Rosie muttered worriedly and quietly as he wheezed and seated himself on a chair by the kitchen table, thinking he was too hungry and fatigued to be patient.

"Iro?" Keep frowned, not liking how ungrateful this man was for their labor they DIDN'T HAVE TO DO.

Rosie had told this one-armed man up front there was only jerky and enough ingredients to make sugar cookies! Until someone goes and comes back with groceries, that was it.

Keep pouted with narrow eyes at the ungrateful man, liking him less and less as the seconds ticked by. First, he gives her a rather demeaning alias Rosie definitely didn't like or ask for, then he groans when she and Ro were crafty enough to even MAKE sugar cookies out of the very few ingredients (that hadn't expired or rotted, of course) there was in this darn place.

The scoundrel!

"A-Ah!" Rosie cried when he sprang up like a daisy in the snow after a few seconds, and she was so startled by it she began trembling again.

This man went from defeated to a happy child again (Why was his smile so creepy?! Why was he SO unpredictable?!) and Rosie couldn't be any more glad he rushed past her--

To... The back door?

Wait, what? Cattle---

OH.

"B-but... I-I.." Rosie sniffed and trembled, thinking she had no choice BUT to follow him or else...

"I-I don't want to hurt the cows..." She pleaded and whimpered as they approached the fields.

It was one thing to get your meat from the butcher... It was quite another to SEE IT BUTCHERED UP CLOSE!!

moocowcow.png

Oh, poor things! And this one's a mama! With her two calves!

Rosiecrying.png

"NO!" Rosie shouted and cried at the top of her tiny lungs as she sprinted ahead of the one-armed menace, as fast as her short little legs would carry her, and stood as a barrier between him and the cows.

She'd honestly rather this man butcher HER than this poor, sweet, innocent Mama Cow and her babies!

She took a deep breath in between her hyperventilating, dangerously close to a full-blown panic attack, but she stayed strong and stood her ground through the tears! She knew if she relented this man would surely rain death upon her new animal friends. She HAD to try to protect them: She was their only line of defense!!!

She knew she wasn't much... But... She had to try to save them! She'd never forgive herself if she didn't!!!

"Please, OH PLEASE, don't hurt them!!! They're sweet little defenseless animals who haven't done a thing to you! C-couldn't we just get meat from the butcher like normal people!? Where we don't have to look at the poor thing we're slaying in the eyes?!" She begged and pleaded, still bawling her eyes out and desperately trying to save the cows, not realizing she was speaking so loud that her voice echoed through the (supposedly) empty fields.

It was taking a lot of courage to protect these animals but Rosie wasn't going to let this one-armed man slaughter such sweet creatures! Not on HER watch! She was determined to stand between the mother cow, her calves... and certain doom!

AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2

Rockefeller was completely oblivious to Rosie's objections until he walked right into her. Her tearful conviction was a change of character he didn't expect from the meek nurse. It never occurred to him to expect any real resistance, even if she had made some questionable decisions before for the injured out of the goodness in her heart. He turned his attention back to the mother grooming one of her calves and thought he saw what she did: something innocent that needed to be protected. The realization showed in his face, and he even seemed slightly embarrassed, but pitying at the same time. "You understand you're asking me to let everyone else starve, right?" Rockefeller sighed. "We don't have the option to go to a butcher, nurse, and cookies and jerky is not a meal." He put his hand on the woman's shoulder, not to move her out of the way but to actually guide her back inside. "I can understand your apprehension. I've grown quite fond of these animals myself... but if it comes to feeding ourselves or starving, I'll choose the former every time. If the violence scares you, you can go inside and wait. You can even ask the others for their opinions. Their minds and stomachs will tell them we need to eat and gather our strength if we expect to fight in the foreseeable future."
Minako Minako

1638942055173.png
Rosie was a curse. It was very clear to her now.

In a pure twist of irony, as much as she tried to save everything and everyone she cared about, she was why most living beings she loved or who loved her are now dead.

That was the only explanation for everything she grew fond of or cared about dying soon after meeting or knowing her... And, following the norm, the minute the little nurse became attached to a Mama Cow she immediately found out it was fated to be slaughtered.

She understood what the one-armed Nazi was saying, but she also knew she was already emotionally attached to them and considered them her friends. Which was probably why they were gonna die very soon...

She was surprised to hear the one-armed man was supposedly attached to them too, being so willing and (the nurse dared to say) excited to slaughter them... She was hoping he'd never said "I love you" to anyone else before because surely that wouldn't stop him from hurting them if his words now were anything to go by!

Rosie whimpered and bawled harder when the scary one-armed man touched her, hesitantly moving along with him out of sheer fear of him and falling down if she didn't follow him. Keep, however, growled as if she was a dog, even going so far as snarling, and, while glaring at him right in the eyes, picked his hand off of her shoulder and flicked it away so it was no longer touching Rosie. The apparition's grasp didn't hurt the man beyond a slight pinch but the sheer hostility in her face was a clear "Don't touch" indicator.

This man seemed to be running a relay race to get on Keeps' bad side.

"Wh-why can't we go t-to a butcher instead?
And if we keep slaughtering them, w-we won't have any meat o-or m-milk! How will we get more of ANY FOOD if we couldn't go to a butcher?!" Rosie protested as best she could with lumps in her throat and tears in her eyes, barely being able to continue with, "Please don't hurt them! I-I'll keep healing a-a-all of you if you please just spare them! I-I'll even let you eat ME instead!"

She took this opportunity to run back to and then cling to the mother cow with all her might
and Keep spread herself out in an "X" formation in front of Rosie and the cows to relay to the man he was NOT WELCOME ANY CLOSER. It was no surprise her snarling got more vicious. Both the apparition and the nurse knew the jig was up (in the sense this man had already witnessed her power was HEALING, not HURTING), but she'd rather die protecting what she cared about than let another thing precious to her be taken away YET AGAIN.

Not like Elias.
Not like Irene.
How pathetic can Rosie be if she couldn't even protect a single Mother cow and her calves?!

One little calf nuzzled Rosies back (she was so short, they reached her mid-back) while the mother, noticing her and her distress, licked a tear off of her cheek and then mooed. Rosie gasped, and nuzzled the mother cow, crying harder.

"I-If you hurt her I-I'll never forgive y-you! I-I won't cook anything else! A-and these poor little calves might die if they don't have their mother around!" She kept crying and clinging to them with her eyes shut tight in fear and Keep, dutifully protecting Rosie, kept her position and snarling.

It actually didn't bother her she was starving, she thought that was actually a fitting death for her when she really thought about it, but she did feel awful she was (most likely to the one-armed man) asking everyone else her to starve... Well, if he killed the Mother cow and her calves, he'd have to kill her too...

Wait... Did this man have power like the Nightmare Nazi???

She probably should have inquired about that before throwing herself in front of his food source and opposing him...

...Oops.

Oh well.

AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2

William
(Farmhouse - Main House Roof)

"Maybe..." William peered closer in an attempt to get a better view.

He leaned back and looked off into the distance with a frown. He didn't have a good feeling about this.

"One lone female, Italian but she also speaks French. She appears unarmed, but seems to possess what we've come to call... a stand." He shook his head and pulled out his zippo, relighting his cigar.

For a brief moment, William recalled a time when an honest-seeming man in a foreign country approached his team with good intentions. The scene had ended in fire and shellshock. William was of no mind to believe anything different would happen given the current circumstances. Things had been less suspicious then than they were now.

"Your friend has gone to deal with it... But who's to say this isn't another ambush." He eyed Max with a squint before returning to the rifle's scope.

Assailant Assailant
Maximus Kuhn
maxbounce-gif.756188

Maximus grunted in agreement. "Could be." Fields of Verdun gave him increased senses, and that included sight, but it was still nothing compared to a rifle scope. At this range, even with the Stand, Odiel and the stranger would be little more than blurry specks, if they were even visible at all. Nonetheless, he kept his eyes peeled in that direction: if the "enemy" started making advances, he wanted to know as soon as possible. "If this is an ambush, however, I trust no one in this group more to handle it than her. She's more than capable." His train of thought was quickly interrupted by yelling from the nurse. He scowled and stood up. "Time to go make sure her yelling doesn't get us all killed."

Maximus quickly approached and managed to catch the tail end of the conversation. He arrived and stared at Rosie with a stern look on his face. His expressions were normally guarded anyway, so the sternness wasn't new, but... was that a hint of anger in his eyes?

"Go... to the butcher?" He said with slow, deliberate words. "Are... you joking? Surely this must be some terrible joke, otherwise, I'd have to assume you just... forgot that meat is heavily rationed and incredibly rare for the last three years you've been living under occupation. Unless, of course, you use the black market with all that money we don't have and those connections we lack." He stared intensely at Rosie with a light scowl. "Have the once-proud French really deteriorated so much in the last twenty years that this is their best hope? This is war, Fraulein. If you can't handle killing a single cow to survive..." his eyes seemed to darken as a memory flickered in his mind's vision. "If you can't handle that... then perhaps we were wrong. Perhaps you can't handle this fight after all. Might as well go turn yourself in to the Nazis: at least they'd feed you better than you feed yourself." He grit his teeth, locking his jaw firmly. Something about her attitude had really set the normally stoic man off, especially given that it was Rosie of all people he was currently berating. With a grimace, he looked directly at Keep. "I won't pretend to understand how you act independently of your user, Stand. I know you don't like me. However, if nothing else, you seem to care for Rosie. Talk some sense into her. I don't think I need to remind you that if she starves to death, that's it for you too. Either way, if you're going to kill yourself, please do so quietly: your shouting will attract the entire Reich to this location."

William
(Farmhouse - Outside Main House)

Slinging the rifle over his shoulder, William stood up and dusted himself off. The german woman seemed to be dealing with the situation with the Italian girl, so his thoughts turned to the yelling that had attracted both military men's attention. Stepping around the chimney, the spy jumped off from the roof's edge and used the manifestation of his stand's arm to grab the side of the house to slow his fall. Listening with semi-interest, William unpacked another cigar from his inner breastpocket and lit it. Stepping out of the shadows toward the group, he stood beside Rosie and took a long lungful of smoke before exhaling.

"It really depends on how long we intend to stay here," He gestured to the nearby cattle, "The cows, I mean. In terms of longevity, it would make more sense to use the milk and hunt small game like this."

He raised his hand to reveal a typical woodland duck. Before he had approached the group, |Dead Dreams| had sped off to a stream, caught a duck and broken it's neck painlessly.

"Of course, I don't know how long our current mission will take or if we intend to return here after it is done."

William slung the duck over his shoulder and the ashen end of his cigar lit up brightly.

Minako Minako Assailant Assailant AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2

1639008698200.png
Rosie gasped and froze up as soon as she saw the Nightmare Nazi, and became VERY familiarized with the concept of regret. She did want to die, but not at the hands of Nazis... Meaning she couldn't get on the bad side of either of these terrifying men.

He was right, and she knew he was right...
In all the distress, trauma, and chaos she had indeed forgotten just how hard meat was to come by... She forgot taking just one look at the mother cow and her calves.

"I-I---" She barely muttered slowly, unable to finish her train of thought.

Keep was stunned at his arrival, and certainly, the snarling and growling ceased once he was there and... well... speaking harshly to Rosie. Keep looked down and had a disagreeable expression on her face, but it was clear she was listening very intently to the Nightmare Nazi and considering his words once he mentioned Rosie's life might be in danger.

The apparition didn't like his berating Rosie, but it wasn't like she didn't understand why it was happening: The one-armed man mentioned the meat was for everyone and she couldn't in good conscious ask these people to starve just for her feelings for the mother cow...

As if his words were a curse once spoken when the Nightmare Nazi addressed her, Rosie's stomach growled and it was clear from the look on Rosie's face that she was stinging from hunger pangs... And for a moment, Keep began to dissipate... Rosie was getting weaker and weaker and unable to sustain Keep for much longer...

What was that word he was referring to Keep as? Stand?

"AH!" Both of them flinched and panicked once the scary British man appeared next to her, and Keep frowned a disapproving growl as he began to smoke in front of them, but they were both surprised to hear... He was advocating for them?!

Interesting...

"Y-you're right... I'm so sorry... I don't know what I was thinking... I forgot..." Rosie apologized to Max and Rockefeller, but it was much softer and weaker than before.

She uncomfortably shifted as she looked at the dead Duck in the British man's hand and hung her head, nodding as he agreed with her.
Rosie nuzzled the cow and her calves and gave them all a quick kiss on their foreheads before walking forward, then paused after a few steps.

"I-if you de-feather the Duck I-I can try to cook it, I-if you want... Th-the feathers might make a nice pillow too..." She muttered as she cautiously (very cautiously) walked through the men and back to the farmhouse, taking the one-armed man on his offer to at least not have to witness the violence...

Angelica Giovanna ~ Reverse Psychology

Angelica's first instinct was to cross her arms and double down on indignance and childish defiance. But she's an adult! She can behave just fine! Even if her entire plan is based on the assumption that her Stand, [DAY TRIPPER], could wipe the floor with any man. She hadn't planned for other people to have Stands. That was a major confounding factor. If she really wanted to topple the German invasion, she would have to team up with other like-minded people, who also had Stands. There was simply no other option if she was truly committed to this impossible task.

The Italian sighed, "Okay... a casual conversation... I'll learn to appreciate it." The tentacle Stand expressed Angelica's short fuse and compulsive desire to be rebellious by coiling tightly around her arm again. She's not blundering at all! And she'll lie down for no one!!! She swallowed her pride, though, and begrudgingly followed Odiel, all the way up to the farmhouse she had already been heading towards, if the German maiden actually wasn't going to stop her. "Okay. I... wasn't expecting the gift that had been unique to me for all my life to be something so... common, about as soon as I decided to take full advantage of it. I'll probably be lost without you and your team of revolutionaries." But, otherwise, talking still didn't feel like a very fun option.

She really was upset that Odiel had shot down her plans, though. For a moment, the girl considered inflicting gratuitous and pointlessly destructive harm onto the flock of cows that were conveniently near the farmhouse, but that is low even for her. She clenched her hands, forcing the Stand to demanifest in a gentle puff of smoke. There seemed to be people out here, too. She recognized at least one face amongst the gathering, (though the others were a blur). She frowned. Will she ever escape this man? The damn Brit is here too! She should probably introduce herself, but it seemed like someone was having a mental breakdown, and it would be a little rude to interrupt. She would let the German maiden speak first.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Kloudy Kloudy Assailant Assailant Minako Minako AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2

Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind Minako Minako Kloudy Kloudy Assailant Assailant

"It's not common," Odiel answered, her frostiness now non-existent. It was as if she was conversing with a long-time travelling partner. Maybe her prior unfriendliness was a result of the flirting, not that she was an unfriendly person. "Stand users seem to attract other stand users. That's what we call them, by the way. Stands. It's German, for Status. They seem to be a manifestation of your spirit's desires. Whether we want to defend others, or fight for a cause. Whether we want vengeance, or to heal. That's what they are. They're just an extension of us. A measure of us as people."

The two finally reached the farm, and Odiel was confused why the atmosphere felt like she just walked into a fight. Rosie looked upset, Max looked indignant. Odiel sighed. "What did I miss?" she asked acidly as she looked into the eyes of everyone in the room one-by one. She then gestured behind her, to the open door. "By the way, this is Angelica. She's on our side as far as I can tell. I have no idea what to do with her, and she seem to know what to do with herself either. I'm open to suggestions."

The dream went on and what felt as an eternity turned into just a couple minutes as the curtains rose and Hugo's mind became clear.

Nightmares became peaceful and relaxing and so it was natural that it would take a long time to accept that it truly is time to wake up.

And so it became reality as a not so loud "ugh" was the expression that Hugo let out after he slowly opened his refreshed but strangely tired eyes.

"Where.. where am I ? … Everything feels so real. But. But huh?! " voiced was what he heard from the other room of this unknown house.

"Oh no… this can't be good. Who is that? Nazis?? … fuck. Do I …- DO I STILL HAVE MY DOCUMENTS?" Fear struck the young lad as a realisation came to him after checking his pockets.

He did not have the papers used for identification. If the Nazis in the other room found out. Who knows what might happen.

"Fuck.. ehm .. ehhhm .. shit … what if they are not Nazis. But… arrgh.. why does my body hurt so much … fuck … okay. Breathe Hugo.. here goes nothing…"

He looked through to see a bunch of people talking in the kitchen however he could not hear what the topic was since the constant hyperventilating was preventing it.

" They look normal?.. how and why am I here then … should I just come and say hello?.. if I think about it .. they were the ones who probably brought me here."

And so he stepped forward walking into the room everyone was in.

"Hello everyone! Ehm .. I'm Hugo. And … ehm … can you please tell me how I got … he..re.. " Hugo notice a what seemed to be a Nazi officer in the room and so he froze. Fear paralyzed all of his limbs to the point where the only thing he could feel was his heart beating in a uncoordinated rythm.

"Ehm… I'm sorry. Mister. I truly am .. I.. I … I have.. to go now .. I have some pla- .. places I have to ...be ."

The young lad wanted to turn around and run like the wind at the exact moment the last word left his mouth but the fear could not be beaten… not by Hugo.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Assailant Assailant Kloudy Kloudy Minako Minako AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2 Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back