• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Should there be a main JoJo?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Silent memory...

Don't do this Hugo... Please... - a silent voice rang inside Hugo's head. A whisper... No.

A memory.

Memory which felt ancient. So ancient that the boy could not remember anything but the voices that spoke to him in this moment.

We've been doing this for days officer. It doesn't matter how much we hurt him, how much we heal him, how much we repeat it. This filthy puppy just won't crack."

"We're not trying hard enough."

"Sir?"

"We have destroyed him physically, more or less anyway. So now we need to attack his mind. Directly..."

"I'm not sure I quite understand."

"Bring his parents"

"Here they are sir."

"Would you like to hear them, jew? Don't worry you will hear them scream."

"Lieutenant?"

"Sir? "

"Take his father's left arm... Oh wait. Be sure to take out the gag out of his mouth first."

*laughing*

"Oh boy you are a stone wall. Are you mute or something? Your parents will be killed like this and it will be all your fault. Is this what you want?"

"I'm done playing games. Lieutenant! The sister now!!!"

"No please..."

"There we go dog... However you should have thought about talking earlier for now there is no way to stop this."

"So... Hugo... I'm going to make things quick. You have thirty seconds to make a choice. You either put your parents out of their misery and save your sister from getting her throat sliced open or you watch al of the three people die in front of you."

"Remove his bindings and have your gun at the ready. Also, give him your knife."

"Hugo I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay Esther... I would never let them do anything to you."

No... You don't understand Hugo. I'm sorry for this. All of this.

"You are not dying today. I won't let them. "

"Oh boo hoo. What a tragic family reunion. I have to say kid I didn't think you had the guts. Now, listen I don't really want to ruin this moment you two are having here but the thing is. Esther here actually led us to your hiding place Hugo. Oh yes she sold all of you out and for what? A chocolate bar!"

*Laughter. *

" Esther? "

" I'm so sorry Hugo."

" Oh fuck! The kid went totally mental. We finally did it! Yes! We cracked him. He's completely gone! Lieutenant! Thanks to Hugo here you don't have to kill two children today... We can save our precious bullets for your friends. "

" Lieutenant? Lieutenant?! What the fuck? "

" Aaargghhhh!!! "

No.. That can't be.

Hugo's breathing has gotten heavier.
" I. Will. Kill. You. All. Nazi. Or. Not. "

" You will all turn on me anyway so I'd rather kill you now just to make sure." He turned his attention to Maximus." Oh big boy I've been itching to slice you open... "

Hugo jumped towards Maximus, "I wonder what shade of red your blood is!!!" however, in mid air Hugo uttered a different set of words in a different tone. "No, I won't let you."

A splash of red liquid covered the floor. Coming Hugo's shoulder. The people in the room could see [WAS ICH LIEBE] 's sickle penetrating the kids shoulder.

The injured boy collapsed onto the ground screaming.

Assailant Assailant
Minako Minako
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Kloudy Kloudy
AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2
DJ UwU DJ UwU

Angelica Giovanna ~ Cellar Door

Cautiously, the Italian follows Ace of Spades into the cellar. Unlike her escapade into the subway, she was much more wary of enemies this time, scanning the details of the cellar for shadowy humanoid figures. Of course, she found very little of anything humanoid, but there were plenty of shadows. After assuaging her paranoia, Angelica surveys her surroundings proper, noting the radio on a flimsy wooden table, and the couch on the opposing wall. No wine cases, though, so she isn't getting disastrously drunk tonight. Not that, uh, she was planning on raiding someone's wine cellar! That would make her a criminal! And she isn't a criminal! (Well, that was up for debate, she's trespassed a lot throughout her life...)

Instead of raiding the cellar, Angelica turns her focus from the radio to the couch, where the feline was perched almost expectantly, and where some kid was sleeping. Day Tripper manifests around her arm, curled tightly as she approaches the slumbering boy and his guardian. As he stays... rather asleep, the Stand eases its grip on its User, slowly slithering out of sight and demanifesting, leaving Angelica alone with Ezra. She gives him a cursory look over before kneeling down and shaking gently the boy's shoulders, "Svegliati, ragazzino. (Wake up, kid,)" she says gingerly, almost afraid to break the serene silence.

Remembrance Remembrance

For once since he'd come to Locronan, Rockefeller was the quietest person in the room. The brutal conflict between dogma turned Rosie's living room into a spiritual battleground, each participant doubling down on their ideology like life itself depended on it. With William threatening to blow them all up if Odiel lowered her barrier and Hugo threatening to kill her if she didn't, that reality was closer than it seemed. The pitch fever broil in the air made Rockefeller's stoicism that much odder. In his chair, he was silent and unfettered by the chaos unfolding around him, but poised to strike nonetheless. Hugo held his gaze from the moment he started speaking to the moment Was Ich Liebe struck the boy with its sickle. The man's grip on the side brace of his chair only loosened even slightly when Hugo seemed to stop moving in his crumpled for. "You really think I'm a clown?" His voice lacked its typical energy, eyes showing sadness and pity, but only for the young man sitting in front of him. "For having dreams? Hopes? Sure. Call me your fool then, I'll dance for you. But you're the clown here, Hugo. You think yourself justice, but you're still just a scared and angry brat. All you can do is raze away the evil you yourself reflect onto others. So you took your loved ones passed, turned their memory into fuel for the fire. And you think that's real power." He paused, poise breaking down as he stood and crossed the few steps to Hugo's crumpled form. Crystal Dolphin swelled in his palm, falling on Hugo's shoulders to lift him and reveal his abdomen. Rockefeller's pinky uncurled from a fist, his intent clear. "Jesus Christ, Hugo. Who did this to you. I thought I could teach you to fly your own flag in this war of ours, make an ally out of you, but your heart... You have too good of a heart, Hugo. You're a good boy inside, still."

"Potentially," Maximus spoke. He only barely registered Rockefeller helping Hugo up. Of course, he was still very aware of everything happening in the room, but he wasn't taking his eyes off of the Brit for even a moment. So as he spoke, his eyes never moved from the back of William's form. His peripheral vision was still active, naturally, but unless something extreme happened, he was paying attention to William. "I've seen your type many times before, Hugo. Many times. Only question is which one are you? Are you the type whose beautiful ideals clashed with reality and, under pressure, crumbled? Are you the kind that once believed he could save the world, only to have that dream cause him many more times the suffering you hoped to save? The kind who could talk the talk of a hero but was unprepared for the burden that brought? Or are you the type who hides behind flimsy excuses and platitudes to excuse your own evils? Are you the type who uses heroism as an excuse to revel in bloodshed and destruction? I've seen both types, Hugo... but neither were as irrational as you. Only you and God know, I suppose, but someday you'll reach those heavenly gates, and the true nature of your heart will be plain to see. I only hope, for your sake and that of others, that it is not an ugly one.

"And what of you, Brit? Do you intend to follow in blind madness, your heart still chained by unreasonable convictions and blind hatred? Because if so, I can promise you this: even if such reckless hate could destroy every Nazi on this Earth, the world left in your wake would not be one worth having been saved."

Odiel saw Hugo lunge for Max, but fought her urge to lower the barrier. Max's stand could protect him, and without the barrier, Will could attack them all. Even so, she materialised her Stand between the two. Then she watched as a separate voice spoke from Hugo's mouth, and his own stand attacked him, causing his shoulder to bleed from the scythe wound. She immediately recalled her Stand, though her barrier remained up.

"Scheisse! Where's R....If anyone knows first aid, please treat his shoulder. I'll go and get Rosie."

Odiel left the group and stood outside the bathroom door. She knocked thrice before calling through.

"Rosie? Are you there? Are you alright? We might need your services again, but it shouldn't tire you out. Just a shoulder wound. Hugo's own stand attacked him. The situation's tense and I hope nobody else will get hurt."

EmeraldSplash EmeraldSplash
Minako Minako

But there was no response in return...

For the little once nurse was on the brink of unconsciousness and though she "heard" knocking... Her mind couldn't register it, let alone her body able to get up and unlock and open the door...
Roasleepcolordonesmaller.png

Rosie was lazily slouching up against the bathtub, quickly falling asleep, but easily somewhat awoken if disturbed. Her hair was pretty much dried and styled, with a nice ribbon forming a neat yet low side pony-tail, but it wouldn't last very long granted Rosie's approaching slumbering state.

The little kitten was meowing and desperately trying to awaken his new caretaker... To no avail. His loud little meows (loud enough to be heard from the locked door) were in vain.

Keep was no longer present.

There was a hairdryer not too far from her.

"Buh..." She muttered with her barely opened eyes at no one and nothing in particular.

The lock on the door only required being jiggled to unlock, but unfortunately it was on her side of the door...

An intangible being might be able to open it, however. Too bad Rosie was alone in the room and just gone enough she couldn't manifest Keep...

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
DJ UwU DJ UwU

As Rosie sang Ace quickly finished his cup, making it disappear with Heavensent. Once on his feet, he watched Rosie be dragged to the bathroom while having a good stretch. Making the conscious decision of ignoring Rockefeller, Ace looked around the room, noticing the drawers and decorations of Rosie’s apartment, he remembered the binder and the mysterious circumstances behind it. He felt restless, filled with curiosity, what other secrets could the small nurse be hiding?

Hugo’s shout surprised him, taking him for a brief moment out of his thoughts. He saw how he could’ve said something, how he could’ve intervened, but he also saw the chance to roam around the room and take everything, hidden or not it didn’t matter. Now that all of the attention was placed on the kid, and later the brit, Ace went around the room quietly and as inconspicuously as possible. At first, he was just taking what seemed important, it didn’t take long before he was taking anything that wasn’t big, making it so that, while the furniture was still there, the emptiness around was extremely obvious.

Ace spent quite some time on this little adventure, listening to the voices around, but not paying attention to any of them. That is, until Hugo screamed once again, this time from pain, he turned around quickly to see what had happened. Sighing at the sight of Was Ich Liebe’s sickle on Hugo’s shoulder... again. Ace followed Odiel with his sight as she went to check on Rosie, the lack of response and the loud meowing from the inside made him move towards the bathroom, standing behind Odiel, Heavensent casually moved its hand over her towards the door, making it disappear.

“Ta-dah.” Ace said the moment the door was gone, sarcasm clear in his voice. He paused for a second and said “Make it quick... after taking a glance back at the group and noticing that Rock was about to do weird things to Hugo... again.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Minako Minako

William
(Locronan - Rosie's House)
4d0b5d60eafaedbca4717944d96eeb29.jpg

William turned around and sneered at the suited up soldier lecturing him in English.

"What do you know of hatred, Nazi? My mistrust in you is entirely justified, but you? I've seen your past, Maximus Kühn. Always following orders, and look where that got you."

The spy now looked to Odiel, who had gone to discover where that French healer had gone. It was indeed odd that he was being held in a civilian household rather than a German dungeon, but William was not here to begin questioning the details. If he couldn't immediately escape, he was forced to rely on parlay to guarantee a chance at freedom. With the kid having apparently injured himself, by means William wasn't sure he entirely understood, the Brit turned to fully face Max with complete contempt written across his features.

"You aren't a very good Nazi, especially on account of all those demotions. But a Nazi you are still. Your petty philosophical rhetoric will not sway me." His eyes bored into the visor of the gasmask, piercing that of the man beneath it.

Assailant Assailant

The recesses of his mind brought terrible things to manifest within his slumbering mindscape. A new scene arose from the emptiness made by the past one. There stood Ezra, alone in a concrete room with a large table situated in the middle. Metal chairs surrounded it, waiting to be filled with the ready seats of men who had very little fear of what was to become of them. The room began to fill with people, some with a dark mist covering their faces, others' with a face recognizable and distinguished amongst the rest.

Ezra watched as the group gathered and sat in unison. He himself did not. The men turned their attention to the wall as an image became projected unto it. It was blurry, the picture was covered in a thick fog and didn't seem readable. The group of men began discussing amongst themselves. Their words were hard to understand; it was nonsensical in nature. As were the words on the image as the thicc fog parted, revealing a mess of green, grey, and blue as well as words that looked like piles of worms or snakes passing by each other.

The agents, as it were, finished their garbled nonsensical speaking and then, all in unison, looked to Ezra. In that one moment, the British agent awoke with fright in a cold sweat.

- - -

His eyes were wide and awake as he rose from his laying position with his awaking. The area he was in was read with fast clarity. The woman was noticed immediately as Ezra recoiled back towards the cushion of the couch. The European man prepared himself for whatever combat would ensue until he spotted his mysterious feline companion posturing itself beside the brunette woman. "Who..." Ezra calmed his breathing slightly, yet he was still in shock from the sudden waking and the peculiar woman who did the waking. "are you..?"

Maximus glared at the Brit. For a second, he found himself wondering how the man knew his past. The answer was, of course, obvious: Stand bullshit.

"So then, you know all about me," Maximus spoke gruffly. His words were slow and considered. "If you really can see into my past, then you should know that I got those demotions on account of my refusal to swear fealty to the Fuhrer. I got those demotions because I refused to be a Nazi."

As they say: when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes back. And as William's eyes bore into Maximus's, so too did his gaze back into William. "If you can see into my past, then you more than anyone should understand the depths to which my hatred for the Nazis delves."

William

William held Max's gaze for what likely seemed an eternity. After a while, he clicked his teeth and turned his attention to the room. Everything was... gone? The spy could have sworn that there used to be way more furnishings present literally a moment ago, prior to him looking away to argue with the soldier. His eyes narrowed with suspicion. It was probably the guy who had tried to chuck an entire car at him from thin air.

"Bastard..." He muttered, giving the man a shifty glare.

Continuing to follow the room with his eyes, William's gaze now rested on Odiel. This woman had done much to thwart his movements multiple times now and he knew on good authority that she definitely was still a Nazi. There would be no trickery or mind games here regarding that. She could preach how changed she was all she wanted, she bared in the insignia, she had been in affiliation with the German superior officer that controlled animals. As far as William was concerned, the fact that she was still here did nothing to ensure the Brit trusted what Max had to say anymore than he was already inclined not to.

"And what about that," William gestured now to Odiel, glancing back to Max as he spoke, "I suppose you'll try to convince me that's not a Nazi either?"

Assailant Assailant Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

No More Good Hugo...

Rockefeller's stand picked Hugo up and Hugo could feel an unsettling cold touch on both of his shoulders. From what he could grasp, he figured that Rock is going to do something to him as he did just a couple of hours ago. Although, the last time it helped him, Hugo felt that this time it would be more harsh than he would like.

"Ooohh! Try to touch me with your filthy little fingers pig, I dare you. I will take the skin off them if you even try to come close to me!"

"Just stop it" a quiet whisper came out from the boy's mouth. And the boy answered to himself.

"No...!" His breath felt heavy as if he was on a very high mountain where the air is way thinner. It took a lot of his energy to just breathe.

"I already told you. Told you all."

"SOMEBODY IS DYING TODAY!"

Hugo reached his shoulder with his hand where the enemy's stand was holding him, however Hugo ignored it and grabbed the sickle from his shoulder and attempted to slash forward right at Rockefeller.

AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2

"I'll be quick," Odiel answered to Ace. She cast a glance at Will and Max, hearing their conversation, then turned away and headed into the bathroom. Despite just waking up, Rosie seemed dead to the world. "Rosie?" Odiel called out several times, before grabbing the hair drying, turning it on, and fanning Rosie with the hot air in the hopes of waking her up.

Kloudy Kloudy
DJ UwU DJ UwU
Minako Minako

Hugo's attempt to attack was halted by Crystal Dolphin's presence. His hand sunk into the Stand as he reached over his shoulder and a ribbon of green adhered to the youths wrist at the same time. The band stretched like rubber but held a firm grip, restraining the arm's range of motion to just a few inches away from his neck. The gentleness Crystal Dolphin used to lift and support Hugo faded as it snapped back violently, almost turning Hugo onto his back. His other arm was sucked into the Stands depths and held as steadfast as the rest of him while Rockefeller buried his pinky into Hugo's midsection, under and past his ribcage and into his diaphragm. A straight shot, if his calculations were correct... And if his restraints held. That breathless feeling that had enveloped Hugo earlier returned full force, but whether or not his vitality came to him with it was up to chance. "Whatever you say, Hugo." Rockefeller murmured somberly, bringing his arm under Hugo's shoulders to cradle him until he caught his breath. His eyes conveyed none of the softness of his tone, but he fought the urge to roll his eyes for the lads sake. "Whatever you say."

“Hm?? Wha....?”Rosie muttered as the hot air of the hairdryer harshly brushed against her skin and the loud sound banged against her eardrums.

“Buh... Irene?” She muttered, fluttering her eyes open, a little more awake.

She lazily turned her head to face who she thought was her childhood best friend.

“Mmm, But I don’t want to go to school today... The bullies are scary...” Rosie muttered sleepily at her, blinking.

Rosie was a bit "more awake", but it was clear that "the lights were on, but nobody was home". Healing Ace's crushed legs took a lot out of her, as even though she didn't exactly stop Ace from dying, she practically restored his mobility, and that given his size, was more than enough to drain her.

Ro wobbled and struggled to nearly stand.

"Oh... Does someone need my help...?" She asked "Irene", though it was clear from how she stumbled and tumbled forward she wasn't really stopping to hear her response.

She yawned her odd-sounding yawn and barely managed to get out of the bathroom, trying to stagger out of there like she was a zombie.

Sadly, she was wobbling so much and couldn't maintain her balance, so a few steps later, reaching the doorway (which was now a bit more roomy, considering...) Ro collapsed with a loud *THUD!*, with those same sleepy, dead eyes,

"OooooOhhh, I'm sorry, I fell, Irene... Could you help me get to who neeeeeds heeeElllp...?" Ro was barely able to beg her "childhood friend", not even registering pain from the fall.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
DJ UwU DJ UwU

Last edited:
William

William held Max's gaze for what likely seemed an eternity. After a while, he clicked his teeth and turned his attention to the room. Everything was... gone? The spy could have sworn that there used to be way more furnishings present literally a moment ago, prior to him looking away to argue with the soldier. His eyes narrowed with suspicion. It was probably the guy who had tried to chuck an entire car at him from thin air.

"Bastard..." He muttered, giving the man a shifty glare.

Continuing to follow the room with his eyes, William's gaze now rested on Odiel. This woman had done much to thwart his movements multiple times now and he knew on good authority that she definitely was still a Nazi. There would be no trickery or mind games here regarding that. She could preach how changed she was all she wanted, she bared in the insignia, she had been in affiliation with the German superior officer that controlled animals. As far as William was concerned, the fact that she was still here did nothing to ensure the Brit trusted what Max had to say anymore than he was already inclined not to.

"And what about that," William gestured now to Odiel, glancing back to Max as he spoke, "I suppose you'll try to convince me that's not a Nazi either?"

Maximus nodded.

"She supported them once, I believe. Led astray like so many others. However, I feel it's safe to say she's abandoned them. You wouldn't know this, but last night, she officially became a fugitive. She proclaimed her disdain for the Nazi party and was nearly killed by a hit-squad. Now she's on the run. There's a very good reason why you're in an apartment and not some Nazi compound: no one here particularly cares for the Nazis. In fact, I'd say we all hate them"

William

"I don't care what you 'feel' is safe, I'll believe it when I see it."

This soldier was spinning a very tall tale, one that William was inclined not to believe. While the claim that supposedly liberated himself from suspicion held the slightest shred of plausibility, Max's story about Odiel did not instil a similar decline in scepticism for the spy. She just happened to be made a fugitive and just happened to be on the run from a hit-squad, literally overnight. Even if William hadn't been a pessimist, hadn't been trained in the art of espionage and didn't possess a deep mistrust of Germans, it all seemed a little too convenient to believe. And of course, it would prove impossible to corroborate its truth without opening the floodgates of enormous risk on them all.

Luckily, William had just the trick to see if Max's story really aligned with reality.

"Bring it here, I'll confirm this 'geschíchte' myself." He regarded Odiel from across the room with dubious eyes, "If you're lying, I will be dropping this."

William waved the grenade still in his grasp handily.

Odiel watched Rosie, in her stupor, call her by the name 'Irene', obviously some friend from the past, and try to get up. Odiel instantly knew that she was in no shape to even walk back to the other room, let alone heal anybody. Odiel went over to her, and helped her up into a sitting position. She spoke as softly as she could in English, but could do little to mask the German accent.

"Nobody needs help right now, Rosie. You just rest."

With one last glance at her, Odiel left the bathroom, closed the door behind her, and returned to the rest.

"Rosie is in no condition to heal, or even to carry out first aid. She's been using her stand too much." She spoke in German, looking to Rock and Max. "You two went through training. You know how to patch a wound up. I leave Hugo in your care, if you can stop him from trying to kill himself or everyone else."

She turned to Will, and switched back to English as she stared him in the eyes with, not exactly defiance, but no hesitation or fear either. It was an expression that said 'Whatever happens next, so be it'.

"I caught the end of your conversation. He wasn't lying. Confirm this however you want. And if you still believe I'm a Nazi afterwards, you could inform the Nazis who want me dead that you think that. It would be news to them."

Minako Minako
Kloudy Kloudy

Angelica Giovanna ~ New Kid

Angelica leans back as Ezra wakes himself up, not wanting to get all the way in his face. Nobody likes a new person in their face as they're waking up, nobody. Especially not her. She leans onto one leg, hands on hips, as the man slowly comes to his senses. He probably knew enough french to get by, so using her own shaky grasp on French she tried- "Votre animal de compagnie m'a amené ici, je ne sais pas pourquoi. Dites-moi pourquoi je suis ici. (Your pet brought me here, I don't know why. Tell me why I'm here.)"

Remembrance Remembrance

Ezra's breath steadied as he took in the situation further. An unknown woman stood before him and her manner of speech was, for the most part, very french. He knew small amounts of french, only enough to let him ask where certain things are and ways of greeting a person. The difficulty came translating french for he excelled at reading what he knew in the language of love but spoke it subpar and natives to it spoke far too fast for him to reasonably translate it effectively.

The French woman spoke, though unlike the natives he had used to train his own understanding of it. Almost as if there were a hesitation to her words yet they were concise enough to mask the imperfections in her tone. Pet... Companion..? Something led. I don't know... Why.. here? Ezra recited the words in his head, translating them as she went. Some words used in French were passed down to the English and as such, much could be inferred through what sounded similar to both. Though, very little sounded exactly the same.

"Je ne sais pas... (I don't know...)" He spoke slowly, recalling the lectures and teachings he had been through in order to learn this difficult language. "Qui te es. (Who you are.)"

Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind

William

William ruthlessly sneered at Odiel's offer for him to approach the Nazis, "If it's true, I'll cut out the middleman and kill you here."

The Brit's black-gloved hand snaked out to grasp Odiel's shoulder firmly, perhaps a little more roughly than necessary. In that instant, a lifetime of images and sounds raced through his mind like the photo reel of a black-and-white cinema tape. Odiel in Germany ,Odiel signing for transfer, Odiel in France, Odiel fighting the German officer in the street, Odiel rummaging through office files before being attacked by Nazi soldiers. The denunciation of her Swastika to the small Jewish boy. Barely a second went by, William's glazed eyes returning to the land of the living with a flutter of his eyelids.

He stepped back, wiping his hand on his jacket as if he had gotten something on his gloves after touching Odiel. It was true, she had recently turned against the occupation in Locronan for some apparent reason, but no reason that was particularly clear to William. It seemed as though they wanted the spy to believe they had simply come to their senses, but Will was a cynical one. He still was not inclined to just out and trust them right off the bat. Frowning, he turned away and placed a hand to his chin in thought. There was something he could guarantee though, and it was that she was no longer currently in contact with the Reich. Perhaps an opportunity had presented itself to him.

The Brit turned back to them with a dubious look on his face, clear misgivings apparent in his expression, "Supposing we put a pin in our little war for the time being..."

He thumbed the trigger on the grenade, still not quite ready to disarm it just yet.

"What are you proposing happens now?"

William

William ruthlessly sneered at Odiel's offer for him to approach the Nazis, "If it's true, I'll cut out the middleman and kill you here."

The Brit's black-gloved hand snaked out to grasp Odiel's shoulder firmly, perhaps a little more roughly than necessary. In that instant, a lifetime of images and sounds raced through his mind like the photo reel of a black-and-white cinema tape. Odiel in Germany ,Odiel signing for transfer, Odiel in France, Odiel fighting the German officer in the street, Odiel rummaging through office files before being attacked by Nazi soldiers. The denunciation of her Swastika to the small Jewish boy. Barely a second went by, William's glazed eyes returning to the land of the living with a flutter of his eyelids.

He stepped back, wiping his hand on his jacket as if he had gotten something on his gloves after touching Odiel. It was true, she had recently turned against the occupation in Locronan for some apparent reason, but no reason that was particularly clear to William. It seemed as though they wanted the spy to believe they had simply come to their senses, but Will was a cynical one. He still was not inclined to just out and trust them right off the bat. Frowning, he turned away and placed a hand to his chin in thought. There was something he could guarantee though, and it was that she was no longer currently in contact with the Reich. Perhaps an opportunity had presented itself to him.

The Brit turned back to them with a dubious look on his face, clear misgivings apparent in his expression, "Supposing we put a pin in our little war for the time being..."

He thumbed the trigger on the grenade, still not quite ready to disarm it just yet.

"What are you proposing happens now?"

"You don't like the Nazis", Maximus spoke cautiously to him. "As it so happens, neither does anyone here. You're very powerful, that cannot be denied. However, you are still only one man: you can't destroy the occupation on your own. Your long-range attack abilities also happen to fill a niche in our formation that, currently, is unoccupied." Maximus's eyes scanned the man carefully. Even with things beginning to look up, he still wasn't about to lower his guard. "There's something going on in this town. Something more than just your standard military occupation. This many Stand users being in one place is cause enough for concern, but it's also come to our attention that the Nazis have Stand users in their ranks as well. Someone noticed my Stand after our battle in the alleyway two nights ago, someone was able to harm Frau Krupps's Stand... and then, of course, there's the matter of Herr Dorn. His unique abilities explain why he was able to so easily take over the canine unit but to be granted so much power and leeway? Someone so... undisciplined? It doesn't make sense... every moment I've spent in this town points to something going on behind the scenes. Whatever it is, it cannot be good."

Maximus approached William cautiously and looked him dead in the eyes. Not a sign of trust, Maximus was still too on guard for that, but perhaps a sign of respect or genuineness.

"Here's what I propose: our interests align insofar as we do not wish to see the Nazis reign supreme. To that end, we should work together. The solitary condition is that we do everything in our power to make sure civilians do not suffer as a result."

Please/Don't

Gasp!

"Holy fuck!" Hugo said out loud as the pressure arose inside his upper belly. A complete tsunami of force overwhelmed him, although he was out of breath, he was still bursting with energy however, it seemed that the kid was unable to move.

Rockefeller could see many emotions in Hugo's eyes: regret, sadness, despair. The boy was in need of a pure hope that he's lost over the years.

"Just kill me please..." Hugo whispered.

"What the fuck are you saying?" he asked himself.

"Rock, please. Just one slice. I've roamed this land for too long and I killed too much. So please. Do a huge favour to this land. It wouldn't be safe with me in it."

"Heeey, Rock, Buddy, he doesn't know what he's saying so just don't listen to him! "

" I know very well. "

"No you don't , now shut the fuck up!"

"No."

"No?"

"I will not just look no more. I, too am alive. So get out of my head. Now it's my turn"

"You wish."

With all of his strength Hugo positioned himself closer towards to the sickle that Crystal Dolphin was holding in front of his neck.

He pushed and felt the sickle putting pressure on his skin. Drops of blood slowly made their way down the boy's throat.

"So close..."

The regret, sadness and despair that Hugo kept in his eyes for Rockefeller to see changed into hope and happiness.

"Please Rock... Please."

AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2
Minako Minako
Assailant Assailant
DJ UwU DJ UwU
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Kloudy Kloudy

Odiel nodded in agreement with everything Max said, before putting her hand to her chin in thought. "Even with a goal to unite us, we know that I am wanted, as are you, Brit. Hugo, though they don't have a face, has killed Nazis in this town. We know that they're looking for Rosie, and Max, even you are going to get asked a lot of questions about the events of the past two days if you go back, if you get my meaning. as of now, it's fair to conclude that we are all on the run. I personally propose that we leave town. Set up a base of sorts somewhere out of the way if we can find any farmhouses."

Odiel was distracted when she noticed what Rock and Hugo were going through. She approached them. "So there are two people fighting in his head..." she murmured as she watched. When the other voice talked of killing Hugo, she grabbed Hugo by the shoulders. "There's no sense in yet more death. If you feel any regret for what you've done, use that to fuel your drive to keep living. Live so you can make the world slightly better. You can't do that if you're dead."

Kloudy Kloudy
Assailant Assailant
AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2

Rockefeller watched the literal one-sided back and forth with subtle scrutiny, still straddling Hugo in his arm. The deep cracks decorating his psyche were bared for all to see in the youth's self conflicting dialogue. He was a pitiable sight, and the older mans pity for him deepened unsurprisingly. That didn't stop Crystal Dolphin for twisting the scythe out of Hugo's reach though, nor did it reach his features. "No," was Rockefeller's stone faced response. He forced Hugo to sit up, being sure that his breath had returned to him if he could manage to argue with himself. Odiel was there to support him if she felt it necessary, but Rockefeller's part in the boys recovery was finished. "Stand on two feet, for as long as you have two good legs to carry yourself on. Work the fingers God gave you on those two strong arms to the core of their bone. If you truly think you're evil, and beyond redemption, this is the only fate ahead of you. Fight for others sake, until you're begging yourself to let you die." His fingers wrapped roughly around the frame of Hugo's face and lifted it to face his own, eyes passionately alit. "Last, but not least... Abandon your petty notion of evil, and get over yourself."
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back