• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Johto League x Type Rising (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder)
Mentions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Challenger/ Falco Grayson)

428px-Violet_Gym_anime.png

"Ha! Now your getting it!" Jackie replied, Cinder's barb landing harmlessly like an actual thorn in his Fur Coat, as he stepped into the gym after him, Mareep in tow.

Jackie moved to one side as his cauterizing comrade began yelling to any who would hear him "HEY BIRD BRAIN! I'm here for Chance! Where is he?"

Cinder had obviously interrupted the duel with his hot headed hollering, as within seconds, the resident Gym Leaders voice echoed from above. "Get out, this is an official Gym Challenge, no interruptions. You'll have to come back in the morning,"

And with that Falco Grayson continued his fight "Ohhhh.. Burn!" Jackie teased, leaning up against the wall now, his arms crossed as he spoke to Cinder "You gonna let him diss you like that mate? And in front of some young upstart"

The devious Dark Type pointed upwards as Gym Leader and challenger fought, completely ignoring the two men below "That was hard to watch. It was like you were talking to a wall, but this one you might actually be able to get through" The goading grand garment wearer jeered, not letting his moody mates earlier failure with the Psychics lie. "He is just a Flying Type after all and you are a fearsome Fire Type... supposedly."

Jackie hoped to provoke his ash making accomplice into engaging the two above allowing him to look, uninterrupted, for some clue as to where the supposed Hideout was within these walls

Cinder would growl with obvious contempt for the dark bastard but..for some reason, the dark type's constant taunting was taking its toll. Cinder was eager to fight as always but now he had something to prove, he could and damn sure WOULD stand among the greats with Chance and the other gym leaders. He knew he was playing right into the hands of the dark type but his pride wouldn't allow him to back down from the challenge. "Fine, just get out of the blast zone" Cinder's feet began to spark and surge with heat, "Or don't I really don't care" he'd scowl before blasting upwards like a crimson rocket towards the gym leader, "I've had a pretty shitty day so far Bird Brain, my rival was kidnapped by some ghastly hag after some psychic bitch blindsided me, I've been stuck with a smartass dark type who for some reason is getting under my skin and I've been attacked by fucking birds" Cinder would begin to hover at the eye level of the gym leader, a weirdly bright fireball in hand, "So even I apologize for what's about to happen" Cinder would chuck the fireball into the air, above even him and the gym leader. It exploded in such a violent show of light that even Cinder had to somewhat shield his eyes from the dazzling display even though he was used to the attack.

The heat in the gym soared near instantaneously, as a quite large fireball now levitated in the air beaming down on the various trainers in a parody of the sun. Breaths that were so effortless moments before now felt like inhaling air in some demented furnace, clothing stuck to the quickly perspiring bodies like glue, and the very metal and ground of the gym were nearly burning to the touch. However, the most obvious effects of this man-made solar attack was on Cinder who had been transformed. He was now smiling bright and wide as his skin began to glow and surge, blazing hot flames poured out of his mouth seemingly without control, his hair had begun to light itself aflame giving him the appearance of some kind of demonic figure, his specially designed fire-resistant clothing was being overwhelmed starting to burn at the edges. However, the most pronounced transformation had been in the eyes, which now glowed pupilless like miniature suns themselves. The flames that were surging from his feet keeping him aloft were so much more intense they resembled near plasma.
Cinder would speak in a somewhat slower more controlled tone as if containing the overflowing power surging through him took a lot of his concentration

"but I've got some shit to work through"

Last edited:
saniachan saniachan , Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

A small buffet had been set up as part of the tour though some tourists opted to bring their own food brought from the ship such as fancy wines and small expensive chocolates supplied by the mini fridges within their suites or locally source cuisine, though the small town food wasn't as grand as the ship sourced supplements. The buffet itself was merely sandwiches and snacks, finger foods really yet some of the more posh party members opted to use knifes and forks. People began to sit down and out, reaching out to grab the more tasty looking or unusual treats to expand their palette yet soon the participants were joined by more pink fleshy appendages though these were not fingers and hands but rather tongues!

Out of the small shrubbery that ladled the picnic area came two Lickitungs and a Lickilicky who stormed towards the tables, the two Licking Pokémon Oblivious to the panic they had caused while their leader seemed to be on Cloud Nine, it's tongue reaching out over the tables tasting every dish and every item he could get his tongue on. "Where did those Lickitungs come from!" exclaimed Garret, surprised to see such an unusual Pokémon just come out of nowhere, though the fighting type quickly coming to a realisation. "The Safari Zone!"

Thinking quickly Garret decided on a plan of action "Sherry, can you and your new friend deal with these guys while I get these people to safety? I need to check on the gate and see if any more Pokémon got out"

He began waving his arms and motioning for the terrified tourists to follow. With their guide just as fear stricken as them, the raven haired man in a gym uniform seemed to be the next natural leader and quickly they began to follow him. Luckily the group was quite small now so it wouldn't take too long for them to get out of the way and to safety. "Go easy on them Sherry! They're wild and don't know what their doing!" the Ice Type's adoptive uncle cried out. "I know you don't know your own strength sometimes!" he joked, rubbing his arm instinctively where Sherry left an old bruise years ago, before leading the holiday makers away.

Spr_4h_108.png

Last edited:

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder) Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Challenger/ Falco Grayson)
Mentions:

"Wow!" said Jackie, his eyes wide and eyebrows raised at such a display of raw power above him. Gone was the dark of night now replaced by the unnatural light of day, the sheer heat of both move and user turning the tower like gym into the inside of an ice cream cone.

"That guy really is full of hot air!" the detestable Dark type sniggered. "Mareep, activate Cotton Guard. Don't want you going up in flames as we have a root around"

The Wool Pokemon doubled in size, extra cotton growing in to her coat in tufts before smoothing out and shining in the light like silky smooth steel as her fur coated friend lifted the collar of his coat up and around his neck as loose embers fell around him.

Jackie would have preferred to look around in the dark of night but, hey, where's there's light there's shadow so it was a minor hinderance for now. Still if Wet Wipe got any hotter he could always use the smoke as cover the hot Hyde thought, his hand unconsciously raising up to fan himself with as he looked around.

Twist Twist Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Aside from the hide-and-seek game (?) the girls had to play during the trip and with Garret somehow tagging along, the trip itself was otherwise uneventful. If anything though, Sherry personally hoped that nobody would realize the sudden tagalongs among the tourists.

And then the lunchtime came. Sherry opted to help herself with some grilled Chesto and Aspear berries over there. Not far from her was a bluish-haired tourist in a flowy dress who's slightly older than her in the middle of a phone call. Little did she know that Cherry had been eavesdropping on her for quite some time.

"Hello?"
"Uh... Lord Shugo?"
"I'm at Cianwood, Johto."
"Her? You mean, Lady Kaede?"

...oh no, Sherry gulped. She recognized that lady as Nanami Asakura, Kaede's supposed lady-in-waiting. Seems like Kaede's half-brother, Shugo Yukimura, had sent her to look for Kaede despite the kingdom had already declared her as a lost cause. But then...

"I- no, sir. Haven't seen- YIKES!!!"

The phone call was interrupted by some sort of long, pink thingy passing by Nanami to snag the munchies near her. Cherry's grilled berries were no exception either -- they too, were taken out of the blue. What the...???

And thus panic ensued. Garret's order spurred Sherry into action. "Altale!!!" she sent her Ampharos out as Nanami instinctively ran to Garret's side. Sherry did a Lock-On at one of the pink thingy's tongue's owner, a Lickilicky, before dashing straight to them with a Quick Attack. Altale soon followed suit by dashing to the same target while readying a Brick Break.

Ryumaru Ryuko
saniachan saniachan Twist Twist

As Lunch time had come around the corner, Ryuko had let Bertie, and Tyranitar out of their Pokeballs, Charizard helping out with setting up the heating unit that kept the hot foods warm by using flamethrower.

With lunch time starting, Ryuko got herself a plate and loaded it up with as much as she could carry, as Cubone was sitting with the rest of her team, chatting in pokemon language asking how the three of them met Ryuko.
Ryuko was sitting not far away from her pokemon, while preoccupied with trying to finish her food as fast as possible, due to not wanting any wild pokemon that may show up to steal her meal. She had aten most of what was there on her plate, mostly Hamburgers, hotdogs, the occasional kabob, but had saved the best thing for last.

After finishing, she used a napkin to clean her mouth before picking up the Jelly filled Donut Onigiri with Oran Berry creme in the center. "How I have waited to eat one of these again! Thanks for the grub!"
She had eyes closed and a smile on her face as she attempted to take a bite, only to chomp at nothing. Her eyes opened wide in shock, as confusion on her face directed her instincts to look around, and find the culprit.

A pink pokemon with a tongue sticking out was holding the Onigiri in its hands, before tossing it into its mouth and swallowed it. Ryuko had shadows cast over her eyes, before looking back at the pokemon, flames of rage directed at it.
"Why you little-"
She flew at the pokemon, fist raised and screaming at the top of her lungs, only to get tail smacked by the Lickitung and sent sliding back into her pokemon. Tyranitar, Bertie, and Charizard had caught Ryuko, as Cubone ran up to see if she was okay.​

Twist Twist Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Aside from the hide-and-seek game (?) the girls had to play during the trip and with Garret somehow tagging along, the trip itself was otherwise uneventful. If anything though, Sherry personally hoped that nobody would realize the sudden tagalongs among the tourists.

And then the lunchtime came. Sherry opted to help herself with some grilled Chesto and Aspear berries over there. Not far from her was a bluish-haired tourist in a flowy dress who's slightly older than her in the middle of a phone call. Little did she know that Cherry had been eavesdropping on her for quite some time.

"Hello?"
"Uh... Lord Shugo?"
"I'm at Cianwood, Johto."
"Her? You mean, Lady Kaede?"

...oh no, Sherry gulped. She recognized that lady as Nanami Asakura, Kaede's supposed lady-in-waiting. Seems like Kaede's half-brother, Shugo Yukimura, had sent her to look for Kaede despite the kingdom had already declared her as a lost cause. But then...

"I- no, sir. Haven't seen- YIKES!!!"

The phone call was interrupted by some sort of long, pink thingy passing by Nanami to snag the munchies near her. Cherry's grilled berries were no exception either -- they too, were taken out of the blue. What the...???

And thus panic ensued. Garret's order spurred Sherry into action. "Altale!!!" she sent her Ampharos out as Nanami instinctively ran to Garret's side. Sherry did a Lock-On at one of the pink thingy's tongue's owner, a Lickilicky, before dashing straight to them with a Quick Attack. Altale soon followed suit by dashing to the same target while readying a Brick Break.

saniachan saniachan

The Lickilicky was completely taken unaware as Sherry's fist bashed into his side, making the creature ripple like jelly at the impact. Turning to his attacker, the pink Pokémon's expression was blank, it's long tongue entangling masses of silvery knifes and fork as it dangled from his mouth. It stared at Sherry for a few moments, beating it's Belly like a Drum as it rolled its tongue up and swallowed the countless bits of cutlery it had grabbed before noticing the charging Ampharos rushing towards him, its fist glowing with fighting type energy.

Tilting his head to one side briefly in curiosity, the Lickilicky shot his tongue out reaching towards Altale's outstretched hand and giving it a quick Lick as if to sample the Ampharos, it's paralysis inducing saliva and powerful muscles dispersing his attack, before it's tongue continued on towards the Electric type itself.

Spr_5b_463.png

Last edited:
Ryumaru Ryuko
saniachan saniachan Twist Twist

As Lunch time had come around the corner, Ryuko had let Bertie, and Tyranitar out of their Pokeballs, Charizard helping out with setting up the heating unit that kept the hot foods warm by using flamethrower.

With lunch time starting, Ryuko got herself a plate and loaded it up with as much as she could carry, as Cubone was sitting with the rest of her team, chatting in pokemon language asking how the three of them met Ryuko.
Ryuko was sitting not far away from her pokemon, while preoccupied with trying to finish her food as fast as possible, due to not wanting any wild pokemon that may show up to steal her meal. She had aten most of what was there on her plate, mostly Hamburgers, hotdogs, the occasional kabob, but had saved the best thing for last.

After finishing, she used a napkin to clean her mouth before picking up the Jelly filled Donut Onigiri with Oran Berry creme in the center. "How I have waited to eat one of these again! Thanks for the grub!"
She had eyes closed and a smile on her face as she attempted to take a bite, only to chomp at nothing. Her eyes opened wide in shock, as confusion on her face directed her instincts to look around, and find the culprit.

A pink pokemon with a tongue sticking out was holding the Onigiri in its hands, before tossing it into its mouth and swallowed it. Ryuko had shadows cast over her eyes, before looking back at the pokemon, flames of rage directed at it.
"Why you little-"
She flew at the pokemon, fist raised and screaming at the top of her lungs, only to get tail smacked by the Lickitung and sent sliding back into her pokemon. Tyranitar, Bertie, and Charizard had caught Ryuko, as Cubone ran up to see if she was okay.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Spr_5b_108.png
Spr_b_5b_108.png
The Lickitung was still oblivious to it's own actions and the sheer anger directed at him, joining his fellow Lickitung as they ate everything up off the nearby table, plates and all. But with their seven foot tongues the table was quickly cleared and the two Licking Pokémon were still eager to try all the new things on offer, with one of them putting his eyes on Ryuko and all her Pokémon. With all their varied colours, textures and smells, surely they would be a taste sensation thought the nom nom Normal Type, his eyes now glued to the trainer and all her Pokémon, his tongue dripping with saliva.

With such a reaction, his fellow Lickitung turned around as well to see what could cause such a stir and he too quickly agreed with his friends thoughts. Within seconds, their long tongues reached out from both sides trying to Wrap up the Dragon Type and her team and see if they were the taste sensation they hoped.​

Last edited:
"Hm, I have to admit kid, that's quite a power up. You've clearly been through some rigorous training, but rules are rules," The challenger behind the gym leader bounced on his tiptoes like a child trying to stand on hot asphalt on a summer day. In fact, the only person in the room who seemed as unaffected by the blistering heat as Cinder, was the gym leader himself. He stood casually with his arms crossed, one eyebrow raised at the fire type's display. "I'll tell you what though," Falco reached into his pocket and pulled out something small about the size of a coin. He then flicked it over his shoulder and the young challenger caught it with a wide grin on his face. He then bowed to Falco, and hopped off the highest platform to fall harmlessly on the trampoline below. Practically skipping out of the gym, Falco watched him leave before looking back to Cinder, a slightly amused look on his face.

"I can guarantee that if you fight me alone, you'll lose. If the two of you fight me together, you might win, but it's unlikely," The flying type leader looked down to Jackie as he made the last comment, "But I'll make you a deal. I can sense the tension between the two of you, and more so I can sense your power. You're both very strong, there's no doubt. So how about this; You two put on a little exhibition match for me, here and now. Fight with the seriousness of a champion, and determine which one of you is stronger. Do that, and I'll take you right to Chance, no more wait. Fight me, and you have no chance of seeing him," There was no question or hesitation in Falco's voice. It was clear he believed every word he was saying. "On my honor as a Johto Leader,"

VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Twist Twist

Twist Twist

Ew, gross! Altale thought as the Lickilicky's tongue reached her outstretched hand. Despite the move's potential to paralyze its target, Altale herself shrugged it off and actually tried to chop her target with the Brick Break she had prepared beforehand. All done under Sherry's watchful eyes.

As for Sherry herself, she lunged herself forward to hug the Lickilicky on his round belly right after her Ampharos' Brick Break. "Say, big guy, are you hungry? What did Al's Brick Break taste like, by the way?" she half-whispered some random question at him. If she were to be particularly rude like Jackie, she would've asked if the Licking Pokemon wanna be like a Snorlax... or outright called him "fatso" or something. And yet, she didn't.

Twist Twist

Ew, gross! Altale thought as the Lickilicky's tongue reached her outstretched hand. Despite the move's potential to paralyze its target, Altale herself shrugged it off and actually tried to chop her target with the Brick Break she had prepared beforehand. All done under Sherry's watchful eyes.

As for Sherry herself, she lunged herself forward to hug the Lickilicky on his round belly right after her Ampharos' Brick Break. "Say, big guy, are you hungry? What did Al's Brick Break taste like, by the way?" she half-whispered some random question at him. If she were to be particularly rude like Jackie, she would've asked if the Licking Pokemon wanna be like a Snorlax... or outright called him "fatso" or something. And yet, she didn't.

The Lickilicky slurped his tongue back up like a child eating spaghetti, though the fighting energy entrée he just had tasted more like salty crackers and chalk tablets to his taste buds. With Altale preparing another Brick Break, her hand brimming with the same type of energy, the Lickilicky turned his back on her seeking out other dishes. This would prove a big mistake as the Ampharos's move proved super effective on the spurning sampler, crashing into his back with enough force to level one side of a room. The wild Pokémon let out a terrified wail, never being struck by such a move before, it's tongue flailing erratically before it as two delicate little arms wrapped around his waist from behind. "Say, big guy, are you hungry? What did Al's Brick Break taste like, by the way?"

She wouldn't be surprised to find her question would go unanswered, though the Ice Type would be surprised to find, if she squeezed her opponents belly tighter with her hug, that with his attack stat now maxed thanks to his previous Belly Drum, the candy coloured creature had more of the body of a Hariyama than a Snorlax, a fine layer of flab concealing powerful muscles like that of a sumo. And it was all about to Slam down on top of Sherry as the Lickilicky toppled backwards, the pain of Altales Brick Break knocking him off his feet. If she let go she could avoid the worse of it but the sheer strength of the curly q'ed collapser would send dust and debris everywhere causing some damage.

Spr_5b_463.png

Last edited:
Ryumaru Ryuko
Twist Twist

Ryuko was put onto the ground gently by her larger pokemon before they faced off against the Lickitung duo. Tyranitar and Charizard stepped forward and used Thunder Punch, countering the Wrap attack sent by the duo as well as potentially dealing a critical hit to their weak point. Ryuko stood up with Cubone on her shoulder, the little skull pokemon staring down the Lickitung duo.

"Hm, I have to admit kid, that's quite a power up. You've clearly been through some rigorous training, but rules are rules," The challenger behind the gym leader bounced on his tiptoes like a child trying to stand on hot asphalt on a summer day. In fact, the only person in the room who seemed as unaffected by the blistering heat as Cinder, was the gym leader himself. He stood casually with his arms crossed, one eyebrow raised at the fire type's display. "I'll tell you what though," Falco reached into his pocket and pulled out something small about the size of a coin. He then flicked it over his shoulder and the young challenger caught it with a wide grin on his face. He then bowed to Falco, and hopped off the highest platform to fall harmlessly on the trampoline below. Practically skipping out of the gym, Falco watched him leave before looking back to Cinder, a slightly amused look on his face.

"I can guarantee that if you fight me alone, you'll lose. If the two of you fight me together, you might win, but it's unlikely," The flying type leader looked down to Jackie as he made the last comment, "But I'll make you a deal. I can sense the tension between the two of you, and more so I can sense your power. You're both very strong, there's no doubt. So how about this; You two put on a little exhibition match for me, here and now. Fight with the seriousness of a champion, and determine which one of you is stronger. Do that, and I'll take you right to Chance, no more wait. Fight me, and you have no chance of seeing him," There was no question or hesitation in Falco's voice. It was clear he believed every word he was saying. "On my honor as a Johto Leader,"

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder) Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Challenger/ Falco Grayson)
Mentions:

"Ain't you the underhanded Spearow, making a deal with us" remarked Jackie. It seemed everyone under Kabu Corp was a double dealing miscreant. Maybe I'm on the wrong side? he thought to himself, being the epitome of underhand miscreants everywhere. The diabolical Dark Type kept listening, pulled from his investigation by Falco's words.

"Ha! I'm not sure how serious a fight you can get with ol' Matchstick here. His win record is a tad on the low side" Jackie jeered, strolling up to the trampoline in the middle of the room and putting one foot on to it "But, hey I'm always up for a scrap and a quick bit of exercise never done me wrong."

The spiky haired scrapper was now bouncing up and down on the trampoline as he spoke "Still you are selling your backers plan down the river so your word is just a tiny bit suss to me. That, and the fact, you want to watch sweaty men wrestle around for your pleasure, don't help your case none either" He grinned devilishly at his last comment, the barbed tongued blackguard tipping backwards and disappearing below before reappearing, now laying down his arms crossed behind his heads as the tremendous trampoline kept him bouncing skyward.

"So how about you sweeten the pot? Give us proof Chance's here and I'll beat this guy like a Belly Drum for ya, I might even show off a little skin as I do it"

He turned his head to face the Gym Leader Grayson, giving him a provocative wink as he awaited his response.

Last edited:
Falco grinned in spite of himself at Jackie’s comments.

“Quite a mouth on you, friend. If your mind’s as sharp as your tongue this should be an entertaining bout. I’m not surprised Chance is friends with people like you two, a hot head and a trash talker,” Falco even let a small chuckle escape his mouth at Jackie’s wink.

“Proof, eh? Well,” Falco flapped his wings mightily once and they carried him into the air almost with a blur. He landed by the front door, and locked it. The next moment he went to a small closet, and reached inside. Out of it he pulled a yellow kimono with a triangle pattern, which matched the color of Chance’s electric blond hair. It was a bit tattered from the battles Chance had been in before he’d been kidnapped. “Let’s get to it, then, begin now before I start yawning and crush you both just to get to bed sooner,”

Ryumaru Ryuko
Twist Twist

Ryuko was put onto the ground gently by her larger pokemon before they faced off against the Lickitung duo. Tyranitar and Charizard stepped forward and used Thunder Punch, countering the Wrap attack sent by the duo as well as potentially dealing a critical hit to their weak point. Ryuko stood up with Cubone on her shoulder, the little skull pokemon staring down the Lickitung duo.
Spr_5b_108.png

Spr_b_5b_108.png
With a high powered electrical charge flowing down their super sensory tongues, the Lickitungs were in for a shock to say the least, with one of them indeed suffering a critical hit and being paralysed to boot, it's tongue hanging limply in front of it as the Licking Pokémon's whole body seized up. With his pink pal little use in his current condition, the other Lickitung had to face both Charizard and Tyranitar by himself for now. More food for him then.

With the odds against him though, the Lickitung let out a high pitched Screech, shattering the nearby glassware on the tables while simultaneously lowering the dragon like duo's defence sharply. With his opponents momentarily halted by the horrible noise, the Lickitung quickly followed it up with a harsh slap with his tongue, the usual pink becoming a smoky black as it swung towards Charizard and Tyranitar. This definitely wasn't what anyone meant when they asked the bipedal bug catcher to Knock it Off, and with the pair's defence lowered the move would smack into one then the other, hitting them both.​

Last edited:
Ryumaru Ryuko
Twist Twist

Lickitung's screech had caused Charizard and Tyranitar to cover their ears to protect them from the loud noise. Tyranitar got struck by Lickitung before crashing into Charizard, the two pokemon falling over and smashing a table. Ryuko picked up Cubone and threw him towards the Lickitung that toon down her two partners, as Cubone raised his bone club and slammed the club into the pink pokemon's face. Bertie meanwhile ran to the paralyzed Lickitung, and grabbed it, restraining the smaller pokemon's movements as he tried to figure out what to do next.

For an old bear like pokemon, he sure has a hard time making decisions.​

The mysterious woman who had assaulted Andy was surrounded from three sides by formidable opponents, but didn’t seem intimidated. The clefable’s attack missed once again, as the woman went airborne. She also ended up leaping directly over another swipe from Excalibur’s Dragon Claw. As she pivoted and rotated, gaining momentum and power, she projected her foot upwards directly towards Andy’s Spirit Break. Her Acrobatics collided with the Fairy Type attack in tandem and they dissipated, and the apparently fighting type trainer then landed outside of the trio continuing her jump.

“Woof, well that packed a punch kid. It’s been a while since I’ve had to call out any of my Pokémon in a fight. You should be proud of yourselves, even if it is three on one,” the woman did seem slightly scratched from Andy’s cornering blow. She then pulled a pokeball from the belt on her shorts, and tossed it forward. In a flash of light a Hariyama emerged. It struck a fighting stance, and looked serious. “Hariyama, keep the lizard off me,” she said in an offhand sort of way. The massive snorlax-size fighting type nodded and lumbered towards Excalibur. Excalibur seemed to take exception to the taunt and met the bigger monster half way. He aimed a dragon claw at the other Pokémon, who met it with a well-matched Ice Punch. Excalibur winced at the moved which overpowered his own.

Then, in a blur, the fighting type woman was right in front of the fairy type support specialist. A few feet away she jumped high into the air, and an orange fighting type aura projected from her foot as she aimed a flying side kick at her target’s head.

mdebourg mdebourg

Last edited:
Twist Twist

Just when the Lickilicky was about to swing his body backward for a Slam, Sherry immediately let go of her hug. One second too late and she would've been squashed big time. Luckily (and unluckily) though, the ice-type girl barely avoided it only for her and Altale to get dunked on stunned by the shockwave (?) caused by the Slam.

Again, the Ampharos shrugged off the potential paralysis. She took this moment to hug the Lickilicky by the front and released a powerful bolt of yellow lightning from her body at him -- a Thunderbolt.

Ryumaru Ryuko
Twist Twist

Lickitung's screech had caused Charizard and Tyranitar to cover their ears to protect them from the loud noise. Tyranitar got struck by Lickitung before crashing into Charizard, the two pokemon falling over and smashing a table. Ryuko picked up Cubone and threw him towards the Lickitung that toon down her two partners, as Cubone raised his bone club and slammed the club into the pink pokemon's face. Bertie meanwhile ran to the paralyzed Lickitung, and grabbed it, restraining the smaller pokemon's movements as he tried to figure out what to do next.

For an old bear like pokemon, he sure has a hard time making decisions.​

Spr_b_5b_108.png
Spr_5b_108.png
Cubone's conk to the head made the Lickitungs head jerk forward slightly, the normal type probably thankful he didn't have teeth otherwise he would have bit it's tongue hard at the impact. The two Pokémon pugilists eyes met as Lickitung looked down the bridge of his nose, though his attention was quickly diverted to the club his opponent carried. Oblivious to the meaning bones have to Lonely Pokémon, the Lickitung could only see what he thought was a tasty drumstick being delivered to him.

Within seconds, the Licking Pokemon's tongue was straight out Wrapping around Cubone, the tiny tear jerker almost completely disappearing into the seven foot tongue as Lickitung tried to grab the Bone club, squeezing his grip tighter to get a taste.

Meanwhile his candy coloured comrade was getting much the same treatment but in reverse, with the Beartic restraining him in an aptly named bear hug. However a Lickitung's deadliest weapon is it's tongue and with his paralysis quickly coming to an end he was about to use it. Unfurling his tongue, the Lickitung waved it upwards, Licking the Beartic's face and smearing his smelly sticky saliva all over his nose and eyes.​

Last edited:
Ryumaru Ryuko
Twist Twist

Cubone let out a yelp and cried in fear of being eaten alive as Lickitung had the little guy trapped in its Tounge. Ryuko ran forward, right arm gatheting energy. "Hang in there, I'm coming to free you!"
Her dragon pulse in hand, she slammed the orb of draconic energy into the Lickitung's stomach, before grabbing the pink pokemon's tongue in an attempt to swing it over her head and slam the opponent into the ground.

Bertie saw the tongue head straight towards his face. To avoid getting paralyzed with sickness, he exhaled an air of cold, a miniature Blizzard to stop the Lickitung's attack, before putting the pink pokemon on the ground and sitting on top of it to keep it from running away. Bertie then sighed. He really needed a nap after this.​

@Twist

Just when the Lickilicky was about to swing his body backward for a Slam, Sherry immediately let go of her hug. One second too late and she would've been squashed big time. Luckily (and unluckily) though, the ice-type girl barely avoided it only for her and Altale to get dunked on stunned by the shockwave (?) caused by the Slam.

Again, the Ampharos shrugged off the potential paralysis. She took this moment to hug the Lickilicky by the front and released a powerful bolt of yellow lightning from her body at him -- a Thunderbolt.

saniachan saniachan

Like some masticating mascot, everyone seemed to want to hug the Lickilicky today except this time around rather than the regal arms of the sightly Sherry, it was the amped up ones of Altale. When she grabbed the Lickitung boss, it was like putting on a jumper that had been in the washing machine too long, full of static, shocking the normal type. Though he tried to endure it like it was a hug from an unsightly aunt or a knitted jumper from his grandma, the static squeeze of the Ampharos was quickly followed by a Thunderbolt, putting it over the edge and paralysing the Lickilicky, his bulbous body going prone and keeping him on the ground. Unable to move, he was wide open to attack.

Spr_5b_463.png

Last edited:
Cinder, rather than looking like he was ready to test himself against Jackie, seemed increasingly pissed off that Falco had written him off so quickly.

“FUCK THAT FLYBOY! We’re going now, no more talk. I can fight dark and gloomy here any day, the chance to kick a gym leader’s ass only comes around every once in a while,” and with that, the poorly tempered Fire Type projected himself using his fire boosters off of the top level and like a missile converged on Falco’s point, a sunny-day enhanced fire punch coating his fist in an incredibly bright flame. Regardless, Falco didn’t seem panicked as he was set upon by an attack that could reduce an ice type to a puddle from distance.

“What a pity, I was actually interested in that matchup,” With an apathetic look on his face, Falco Grayson put his own fist up and projected it out to his right in a Karate-style side block using his forearm. At the same time, it too burst into flame rather unexpectedly. His own fire punch, also effected by sunny day, clashed with Cinder’s attack dissipating them both in a blast of heat. Then, the flame spread from Falco’s arm to his wings as if following a fuse, and the feathered appendages looked like fireworks bursting to life momentarily. Then, the Flying-Fire type leader followed up with a straight right towards cinder’s jaw, flame dripping from it as well.

Twist Twist Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade mdebourg mdebourg VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator

Seems like Altale's Thunderbolt somehow invited all of Sherry's other Pokemon to join in the fray. They popped out from their Pokeballs one by one, thus catching Sherry off guard just when she was pulling herself together. Kurama and Snowy immediately piled on Altale and the Lickilicky with Kurama potentially bearing the brunt of the Ampharos' Static. "Wait, we're doing a dogpile?" Aroma wondered with a bit of hesitation. "Oh heck yeah, a dogpile!" Tenniel mused right before piling on the Ninetales, thus spurring Aroma (and later, Sherry) to join in the dogpile. And Henry? He simply facepalmed at his teammates' antics with one of his chords. Instead of joining in the dogpile, he opted to brace himself in case the Lickilicky decided to counterattack.

Jackie Hyde
Mentions:

"Holy Moltres! The guy's a Dual Type!?" Jackie couldn't help but exclaim as he went airborne for the upteenth time.

The Dark Type was still bobbing up and down on the trampoline, his Mareep milling around the bottom of it, though the wind had been knocked out of his sails somewhat by this newest revelation as he steadily came back to Earth, no longer jumping up and down instead lost in thought.

Dual Types were not unheard of, with rumours swilling around in the seedy underbelly of cities, which of course the horrible Hyde frequented, but to see one in the flesh was a totally different story. He knew people who used items to great effect, giving them certain strengths and resistances against other Types much like his own use of his Fur Coat to hide his attacks and weather his opponents but that was a person using a held item and not a completely other moveset. But an actual bonfide Dual Type? That was a whole other level. Even now, Jackie could just feel the power oozing off Falco, his two types working in perfect harmony and completely under his mastery.

The whole scene now within the gym looked like it was straight out of the Bible with the flabbergasted Fur Coat wearer and his Mareep looking like the lowly shepherd in the presence of the archangel Michael, as Falco's wings blazed gloriously behind him as he and Cinder exchanged blows. Too bad Jackie was an uncompromising and unapologetic sinner and it looked like it was time to chalk up another.

"Mareep I may need you in a bit, so get somewhere out of the way and use Charge." The spiky hair springer ordered, though his springing had stopped some time ago, the trampoline still as he stepped off it and pulled his coat tight around him, saying a few final words before heading off. "Just keep your ears out, aight"

What circle of hell do you end up on for beating on an angel? Jackie mused, his smile wide as he rushed into the fray within this now hellish helter skelter, a Sucker Punch readied underneath his coat.

Last edited:
Cinder The Blazing Battler

Cinder expected to smell a hint of fried chicken upon launching his fire punch towards the gym leader, sure Falco might have a bit more mastery in aerial combat but even all that agility and experience would have a to falter to the raw incinerating power of Cinder in his solar-powered form. However, as his fiery fist was flung away Cinder would realize that Falco sparked with the same inner power as Cinder himself...that burning flame, this flabbergasted Cinder to the point of him dropping his guard which led to a swift flaming kick to the jaw sending Cinder spiraling backward, he only just didn't crash into the wall by forcing more firepower into his thrusters. Cinder's radiant pupilless eyes glowed with rage and something else? Almost a speechless shock that there was another like him? Sure, fire wasn't his primary type, but it was there...that fire raged deep inside of Falco as it did in Cinder.

Cinder was reminded of the research he had done in the fledgling stages of his powers, humans capable of harnessing the raw elemental powers of infinity energy (Pokemon type energy's name in lore) were exceedingly rare. Only those of great mental and martial focus and strength could effectively wield them....however even among that chosen few, fire was a rare and partially feared power. Water type users could bring life and calm, Ground types are sturdy, unmoving and stable? Grass supports growth and the peaceful bliss of nature! Sure the odd masters of these elements could be destructive and rampaging but these were quite rare cases but fire is another story, unlike all other elemental energies fire is alive! It wishes to spread, to consume, to destroy and it's few wielders throughout history often fell to the passion of the flames and became destructive bombs that brought death and shame upon those who took on the element later...fire was not an element of calm, tranquility or stability! It was volatile and dangerous, the only way to guarantee its passion and destructive wrath did not consume its user was to match that passion, to have an emotion powerful enough to keep the inner flames at bay. Cinder's way was with rage, people wrongly thought that Cinder was simply angry for the sake of it or that the rage-fueled the flames...when in reality the anger, the fury that he forced upon himself was what was keeping him grounded, giving him something to fight the inner constant urge to let it all go...and let it all burn.

So to finally see another one of him so steady, so calm and apathetic to it all as if the inner flame wasn't whispering to him at all...it filled him a fury of a thousand suns, "FINE THEN! IF FIRE DOESN'T WORK HOW ABOUT PURE LIGHT!". Cinder would bring both his arms to opposite sides and began rapidly absorbing the solar energy bursting downwards on them all, sparks of green and bright yellow would encase his hands as a massive amount of energy was gathered, "LETS SEE YOU BLOCK THIS!" Cinder would suddenly slam his hands infront of him palm outwards facing towards Falco.

"SOLAR BEAM"

A quite large beam of solar energy would be blasted towards the gym leader with the full force of an enraged, solar-powered Cinder who was obviously under immense strain as the majority of even his fire retardent clothing was now burning under the power surge of his abilty. Solar power was burning away at Cinder's vitality the longer the fight lasted

This lady was clearly good, a pincer attack from 3 sides and she got away practically Scot-free, not to mention she didn't even have a pokemon out yet,that is until she let's loose a Hariyama from a pokeball. "Great now we have do deal with her and her pokemon, and she was already keeping us busy by herself!" This was not going well at all.

The only slight reprieve being that the sumo pokemon went for Excalibur instead, though Andy knew full well after seeing the ice punch that he was in for a rough battle and that he was going to need some help.

Andy was currently having his own problems however, as the female trainer suddenly appeared right in front of him ready to deliver a kick to his head which he barely blocks as the kick makes contact with his shield. "Give the Hariyama a focus blast!" Andy would say to Onyx , a big ball of energy being sent the hariyamas way after Excaliburs dragon claw was pulled by the ice punch.

Andy looking to have this girl taking a 'rainbow' in the form of a tri attack, the the colorful beam laced with pink energy like a border as it heads over looking to engulf her in its light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back