• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Johto League x Type Rising (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Andy would wake up in Ecruteak Cities hospital center after everyone on his side had gotten their bells rung. Andy heaving a sigh of absolute disgust with himself as his head was still somewhat throbbing. "Beaten by goons... how pathetic" very much perturbed and mainly just wanting some revenge on those guys. Worse still that was in front of quite a few people, people who of course by now only saw him as just some flashy character that was no better than a meat shield. He was alive at least, about the only thing he could be grateful for at this moment, well that and the fact that he appeared to have all of his pokeballs with him. at least as far as he could tell.

With not much else to do but lay in the bed, he would try heading out of the hospital.

Three or four of the Pidgey attacking Mareep seized up and plopped onto the ground mid flight, the natural effect of the Sheep Pokemon in action. The others around Jackie stayed on his ass, squawking angrily and picking away at his coat as much as possible, their beaks acting just like scissors with the effect of Peck. The extra two around Mareep backed off once more, and turned to flee away from the creature which now intimidated them due to it's type advantage.

Twist Twist

"Oh, you're awake, good!" Said a friendly nurse who caught Andy down the hall at the desk as he was trying to leave. "I suppose if you're leaving you feel well enough, we were worried when those people brought you in. They said they didn't know you, and that you were attacked. They said if you wanted to know who the people who attacked you were, you should meet them in Violet City," She smiled and tried to seem encouraging.

Outside the doors of the hospital, the sounds of growling and a few men shouting could be heard, at which the Nurse seemed concerned.

"Oh my, now what's that?"

mdebourg mdebourg

He was angry with himself sure, but he would remain cordial to the hospital staff. "Yes, I'm feeling alot better than when I was first brought in, whoever did that." He nods as the nurse informs him that he could head off to Violet City to find out just who those people that attacked him were.

"Thank you miss" he would reply to the nurse as some commotion could be heard outside. Andy makes sure he had his essentials in his pokemon armor and weapons before heading outside. He didn't know exactly what was going on, but maybe he could actually be of some use.

As the glass doors slid out of his way, Andy was met with the sight of two men cowering away from a Garchomp who towered over them. His fangs were bared and he was growling like a threatened wolf. The two men were wearing pinstripe suits similar to the agents whom the Fairy Type trainer had engaged in the caves of Mt Mortar. With a mild roar the Garchomp had them fleeing like insects, and then the pokemon relaxed as he watched them run towards route 37.

"You're not safe, you beast! We'll be back for you!"

Garchomp smiled at them satisfied with himself as they scampered away. Garchomp then turned to see Andy, and the dragon type came in rather close to sniff him.

mdebourg mdebourg

What he was met with upon heading outside was a surprise to be sure. A Garchomp would be towering over 2 men that looked similar to that blasted steel user in Mt Mortar. He couldn't help but crack a smile as he saw those 2 guys in those pinstripe suits turn tail at the Land shark pokemon.

"Nice one Garchomp " he thought to himself as the pokemon calms down and ambles over starting to sniff at him. During this he would be as still as possible, he had no quarrel nor a wish to cause any issues with the Garchomp, of course, if it tried attacking him, then all bets were off; he certainly wouldn't be the one instigating the dragon.

The pokemon apparently knew Andy's scent, as he perked up when he had identified it. He patted the man's head like an older brother and then pointed down the way the men had run, and vaguely in the direction of Violet City. He let a couple of huffs and grunts out as he did so, as if mimicking human speach. The nurse who had spoke to Andy then came out of the hospital doors after him.

"Oh, Excalibur! Do you know this trainer?" She said, standing next to Andy and looking at the Garchomp. "I wondered why you've been hanging around. Where's Chance been the last couple of days?" Andy would recognize Chance's name as the Ecruteak city gym leader. Garchomp looked vaguely sad at his mention.

mdebourg mdebourg

"Chance? You mean the Gym Leader here?" Andy then looks to Excalibur as he was called by the nurse who had arrived outside the doors and noted the change in demeanor. "Maybe those guys Excalibur chased off have him or have ssomething to do with it. Also thanks for pointing out where they were headed " looking to the dragon, " Now let's get you reunited with Chance." Andy now heading down to route 37 and Violet City. While he was hoping the dragon followed along, perhaps Excalibur was planning to defend Ecruteak City?

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Pidgey) VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder)
Mentions:​
Spr_5b_179.png

Spr_3e_016.png

"Is that all you got! Come on! You outnumber me ten to one and you still can't touch me!" Jackie taunted, arrogant as ever, though he knew his coat was getting ruined by the snapping scissors that were the Tiny Bird Pokémon's beaks.

Well now it was time to put these early birds to bed thought the spiky haired surroundee, slipping his coat off slowly as he moved his arms up through the sleeves, ready to counterattack.

Just as a Pidgey swooped in to attack, Jackie flung his Fur Coat around him like a Tauros fighter, the oversized jacket now like a blanket, sweeping the Flying Types into it as the helicopter like Hyde spun around in a circle, trying to grab up as many of the pestering pigeons as he could before wrapping his fur coat up into a ball.

"Mareep Discharge" shouted Jackie as he flung the coiled up coat at the watt charged Wool Pokémon.​

Last edited:
Twist Twist Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Seems like the girls were quite busy with their trains of thoughts. But then a man's voice snapped Cherry back to reality. Maybe because it's a familiar voice...

"Uh... Cherry?"

Sherry turned around to find a raven-haired man in the fighting-type gym uniform coming her way. "Uncle Garret!" she greeted him back. This man, Garret, was the one who took Kaede in and helped her with forming her "Sherry Ruth" persona as well as a fake backstory so that nobody could trace back to her Ranseian roots. No wonder she knew him right off the bat. "Taking a break, eh?" Sherry inquisitively asked the fighting-type man to which he replied with a hesitant shrug. "Well, yeah, kinda. We got some challengers today. And boy, was that nuts!" Garret mused which may or may not double as a venting. His eyes then darted at Ryuko who was still chatting with her Pokemon. "Oh? What's this? Got a girlfriend already?" he teased Sherry about it, much to her befuddlement. "I... Wh... I just-" the ice-type simply got flustered. As far as she was aware of, she's a cis girl leaning more to aromantic, thus the notion of her being lesbian sounded weird to her. "Bwahahahaha! Just kidding, just kidding. I know you're aro anyway," Garret let out a hearty laugh as he dismissed his "girlfriend" remark earlier as a joke.

Ryumaru Ryuko

saniachan saniachan Twist Twist

Ryuko saw the group of tourists approach, and turned away to see if Cherry was with her. She saw that her friend was a bit behind, chatting with someone who she assumed could be a relative of hers. Ryuko approached the two, and as soon as she was in a close enough distance to hear the conversation, Ryuko's face turned red when Garret asked Cherry if they were in a relationship. Quickly pulling up her scarf to conceal her lower face, she approached. Cubone had saw his trainers expression and looked to Cherry, before waving his club to get her attention.

"Cu Be!"
He called, as Ryuko looked to her companion, with a flustred expression.
"Wh-What are you doing?!"
Her scarf fell off her face as Ryuko looked to Garret and Cherry, before turning her back to them with her arms crossed. Her face still red as she spoke. "I mean, while I wouldn't mind thinking about how it would go, I don't think I have time for....."
She froze and looked back to the two, as her face was still red.
Charizard was right next to her, chuckling. He found this moment to somehow bring the girl he knew back from the past.​

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Twist Twist

"Cu Be!" a Cubone's call drew the duo's attention. They both turned to the source: Ryuko's Cubone waving his bone with his trainer getting flustered. Again, Garret let out yet another laughter (albeit not as loud as the first) and Sherry just awkwardly giggled. "C'mon now Ryuko, he's kidding. I'm not even into romantic stuff either," she mused.

"Anyway, what are you girls doing here?" Garret soon changed the topic. "Uh... actually, my friend here wanna have a trip to the Safari Zone, but she got lost..." Sherry sweatdropped, not wanting to leak the girls' real operation even to someone she knew well. "In that case... why don't you go with that? They wanna go there too," the gym trainer pointed at a group of tourists who were apparently on their way to the Safari Zone as well. I mean, why else would tourists flock to this far eastern port town anyway?

Cinder had flamethrowered the approaching pidgey from above, and Jackie's electric bag trick was super effective. Only one pidgey had avoided being captured, and therefore he flapped away frantically chirping the whole way. He soared towards Violet City, which was now nearly cloaked in darkness as the sun was almost set. Cinder stopped his blast which was keeping him hanging in the air, and dropped to the ground, a scowl on his face.

"Feh, too easy," He said with a scoff, "Come on, let's get going. I want a real fight," And with that he stomped towards the gates of the town. The streets were mostly silent, and lights were out in every window except the flickering lanterns of the Bellsprout Tower, and the Gym. Within the Gym, in fact, came the sounds of battling when the two drew near. Cinder walked over to investigate, and through the glass doors he could see a young challenger fiercely throwing everything he had at a winged man in a traditional Kimono which was a fiery red. His wings resembled that of a Pidgeott, andthe expression on his face was a bored one as he threw a flying roundhouse kick to the young man's skull. This didn't fell the challenger, surprisingly, as he recovered quickly and retaliated with many jabs, but the gym leader flew out of range.

Twist Twist VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator

Excalibur seemed happy to hear Andy's confidence that he would bring him back to chance. In fact, Excalibur already knew that Jackie and Cinder were on that mission themselves, but Andy's cooperation was very welcome. As such, he merrily sauntered alongside the Fairy type trainer for a ways down the road. That wasn't why the Dragon Type had pointed him this way, however. In fact, Jackie had asked Excalibur to lead Andy to them in Violet City, as well as cover their rear in case they were followed. The reason came up on it's own, much to Excalibur's relief.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T FINISH HIM OFF?!?!" Shouted a voice from a clearing off the path through the trees, "He's a fairy type, and on top of that HE'S UNCONSCIOUS!!"

"Hey, boss, I mean Fairy Types can be pretty strong,"

"And anyways, there was a really strong pokemon out front! He acted like he knew who we were and wouldn't let us in the Poke Center," These were the familiar voices of the two lackeys who had run off moments before. Their commander did not seem to appreciate this information, as she smacked both of them on the sides of their heads.

"So you two were scared of ONE pokemon? Pathetic," She replied in disappointment. Excalibur chuckled a growling laugh at the exchange, and poked Andy in the ribs as if to say 'Get a load of these guys,'

mdebourg mdebourg

Andy just nods and smirks at the buffoonery going on as they were talking, "I know, these guys are stupid. They also should have finished me off when they had the chance!" Andy now brimming with a bit of rage here looking so forward to sending those guys blasting off into the stratosphere, "Not to mention, I'm sure you want a shot at them too, am I right?" Andy giving a little nudge back to the dragon after saying this. Letting Onyx out now from her pokeball he turns to the Garchomp, "If you any explosion or blast-based moves, I wanna see if we can scatter those guys to maybe pick off a few of the others before dealing with that commander. If not, well then just go wild with what you do have right after us, got it?" Andy speaking this to Excalibur and hoping he understood that. This would have been a great time to completely understand pokemon right now.

He gives the Garchomp a few seconds to object to this or voice any concerns he may have had before turning to Onyx with staff in hand as well. This plan then begins, "Onyx use a focus blast" once she does, Andy would quickly follow with a moonblast from his staff, the idea meant to cause an explosion to either get a few of the grunts or cause some confusion giving the Garchomp time to use his own attack.

Last edited:
Ryumaru Ryuko
saniachan saniachan Twist Twist

Cherry had told her friend that Ryuko was lost, which in a way, was true. She had never fully toured the Johto Region, and perhaps she may do that in the future.
Agreeing with the idea that they followed the tour group untill they reached the Safari zone.
Ryuko had Charizard return to his pokeball so she wouldn't look out of place. Cubone, on her shoulder, was looking at Cherry, his mind contemplating about what happened.

saniachan saniachan Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Taking Garret's advice the girls decided to blend in with the tour group, and just in time too, as the eager guide began to lead the party away. Quickly matching pace Cherry and Ryuko fell into step behind the group, staying close enough to look like they were part of it but far enough away from the guide as to not arouse her ire for joining a private tour. As the group stopped to hear the guide talk about the port and the nearby Whirl Islands, Ryuko found herself next to an elderly couple from Kanto while Cherry found herself, surprisingly, next to Garret. "Thought I'd tag along as well" he said with a smile "Gives us more time to catch up while I'm on my break."

After a few minutes, the group was off again with Cubone enjoying a few sweet treats from the elderly lady beside him as they walked and Garret giving his own commentary about the town and reminiscing. Quickly the girls began to relax as no one seemed to notice the two new additions to the group, though they made sure to keep their heads down whenever the tourists stopped to take photos. Unfortunately this was every couple of minutes as the guide stopped to point out the many landmarks and historical spots of the small town, ranging from the five hundred plus year Pharmacy to Suicines ledge in the north of town and even the almost supernatural Poke Seer. All in all the town tour took around an hour and half before the group took a quick break for lunch before heading for the Safari Zone.

Some of the tourists took advantage of their break, heading off to buy exclusive remedies from the Pharmacy or checking out the area North of town once again, just in case they could get a glimpse of Suicine and truly make their holiday memorable. With a short wait before they headed to the Safari Zone, Ryuko and Cherry could do the same or wait with the rest..

Last edited:
The sound of an Onyx being released from it's pokeball and shifting to attack was one that was not easily missed. As such the group of three people in the clearing off the road turned their heads as a man spoke in command to his rock-type. The two lackeys were too slow to react, only able to widen their eyes as the man fired a laser-like beam at them, which accompanied a focus blast from Onyx's mouth.

"YYYYYYIKES!" They yelled out, being tossed several yards from the center where they stood by the combined explosions of both attacks. Excalibur was right on the tail of this with his own move. He didn't have any explosions in his arsenal, but a could pairing for the start to the battle was a cloud of toxic mist which spewed from his mouth like steam. It covered the whole clearing ahead of Onyx, Andy, and Excalibur in moments. Above the cloud, however, was rising the woman who was previously there with the foot soldiers. She pivoted and corkscrewed like an expert Acrobat until her arc brought her all the way to Excalibur. While the noxious fumes of Excalibur's Dragon breath had finished off the goons, this woman seemed to have avoided all three attacks with her display.

Excalibur had his eye on the woman, and as he sidestepped her attack she created a sizable crater in the rocky earth below. Excalibur's eyes widened in surprise at the display of power.

"Well now, seems my prey has come to me," She said, turning backwards halfway around to face Andy, a devilish grin on her face.

mdebourg mdebourg

"Sorry lady but I'm not in the mood for this again, you are going down!" The attacks from earlier had done their intended job in dealing with the pesky goons. Now they only really had to deal with this black swan of a commander.

Though she would be quite the pain in the butt. Andy now just getting to business, " Give her a moonblast " he says to Onyx, the fairy glowing a bright white for a second before a condensed ray of energy would be fired from her mouth. Meanwhile, Andy opts for the more defensive approach having flowers bloom near him, Onyx and Excalibur as well , a green energy shield forming around each of them. Excalibur would of course left to his own options as he didn't know what he possessed other then the previously used dragon breath.

"She is going to be tough but we can handle this,so don't wworry Excalibur " he says seeing the Garchomps surprised expression, he however he wasn't thanks to that encounter with that metalhead.

Last edited:

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder)
Mentions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Pidgey/ Falco Grayson)​

Jackie watched the Pidgey fly away and back to Violet City but with the setting sun casting shadows all around him, the well dressed watcher couldn't discern if it was heading back to the Gym or not. Still he was pretty adamant in his belief that the Tiny Bird Pokemon platoon they had just faced was trained, and almost certainly, by a very particular member of their current foe Kabu Corp, Falco Grayson. Why else would a supposed wild Pokémon fly into a town?

The spikey haired suspect shrugged before turning around and heading towards his casted off coat, the clumped up clothing lying in the dirt and full of fainted flying types. Mareep had come over too, finding the grand garment of her owner ever so fascinating in it's resemblance to her own. Jackie patted her on the head as he knelt down to pick up his coat, laughing off the shock he got from the Wool Pokemon as he began to congratulate her. "I knew you were a right little devil when I met you Missy." pattered the happy Hyde as he lifted his jacket into the air, revealing a pile of passed out Pidgey "Ten to one and you took em all down."

Jackie was beaming from ear to ear, shaking out dirt, feathers and the occasional Pokémon from his Fur Coat as he went on. "Look at all these little chickies. Girl, you are one tough S.O.P" he cackled, as Cinder landed behind him.

"Feh, too easy," His coal burning comrade said with a scoff, "Come on, let's get going. I want a real fight"

Slipping his coat back on, the horrible Hyde rolled his eyes "Maybe you should teach him a thing or two" he muttered to Mareep before beckoning her to follow him, as they took after Cinder who was stomping towards Violet City like a giant Pokémon on his way to some small port.

Strolling nonchalantly as always, Jackie let Cinder take the lead as he enjoyed the growing gloom that night time brought as only a Dark Type could, with every shadow an accomplice and every dark alley an avenue for gain. Though the walking night light that was his Mareep did scare some of the shadows away, but she always was the tiddly trickster.

Feeling the cold night grow steadily warmer before him, Jackie's thoughts turned back to the task at hand as he stood a few paces away from his pyromaniac partner who had found his way to the gym, looking into it through the glass doors. "Hey Dyna Max, you might want to step out of the light if your gonna peek inside." the hiding Hyde casually remarked, slipping up against the wall of the building and motioning Cinder to do the same before peering inside through the glass doors.

Last edited:
“Don’t act cocky just because you had the element of surprise!” Said the trainer, her voice rising to a yell. She seemed less angry, and more excited. She ducked to the side quickly as the beam fired from the mid-ranged Clefable where she stood by her trainer. Ignoring the attacker completely she continued to close the distance to Andy, where he was casting a defensive move. She threw a straight right jab, and then followed it with a hook towards her opponent's jaw. Her fists glowed with a brick-red aura trailing behind them, clearly the result of a fighting type move in activation. Regardless of whether or not they hit, she would not have time for a third punch in her combo. Right on her tail Excalibur had engaged.

He looked far more confident as Andy lended words of encouragement, and then applied a helpful buff to him. As such he had activated Dragon Claw, which made the fins on his wrists grow longer and become coated in the Dragon's Aura. He swiped at the woman's head, and she ducked again swiftly, bobbing beneath the pokemon's new Blade.

mdebourg mdebourg

"What are you, scared Hyde? Just like a Dark Type to cower in the shadows," Cinder replied, looking at Jackie with a mocking smile before pushing open the door and heading inside. "HEY BIRD BRAIN! I'm here for Chance! Where is he?" Brazen as ever, Cinder's yell echoed around the high dome that was the Flying Type Gym. High above him on the battle area was the highest platform, where Falco and his current Gym Challenger were dueling. Below it were four other metal platforms of slightly smaller sign just off each side. Below that was a long drop to a trampoline at the same level as where Cinder stood at the entrance platform. Falco's concentration momentarily lapsed and he landed on the ground ceasing his battling. He looked over the edge to the Fire Type below, and scowled slightly.

"Get out, this is an official Gym Challenge, no interruptions. You'll have to come back in the morning," The Flying Type Master's tone was annoyed but polite. His challenger yelled a battlecry as he recklessly engaged him from behind, readying some sort of white energy between his palms, He thrust it forward with both arms, only to have the Leader interrupt his motion entirely with a swift back kick to his gut. The younger man stumbled backwards and gripped his stomach.

VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Twist Twist

If he had time to do a heel turn, he would, she was already getting on his nerves. This girl was quick, that much was certain. The moonblast gets evaded and leads to her getting two less effective than normal punches on Andy, partially due to the green aura around him and because of his typing .

After getting slugged twice, Andy saw Excalibur take his shot at her and not fare much better, as she ducks out of the way of the dragon claw, " Get to her right side and use another moonblast!" he calls to Onyx, the white ray of light appearing from her again when she moves over to the lady trainers right side flame possibly leaving a burn should it hit its target. Andy meanwhile, would ready a spirit break, the attack being held above her head so that if she tried avoiding the blast, the spirit break would possibly crash into her and send her to the ground.

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder)
Mentions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Challenger/ Falco Grayson)

428px-Violet_Gym_anime.png

"Ha! Now your getting it!" Jackie replied, Cinder's barb landing harmlessly like an actual thorn in his Fur Coat, as he stepped into the gym after him, Mareep in tow.

Jackie moved to one side as his cauterizing comrade began yelling to any who would hear him "HEY BIRD BRAIN! I'm here for Chance! Where is he?"

Cinder had obviously interrupted the duel with his hot headed hollering, as within seconds, the resident Gym Leaders voice echoed from above. "Get out, this is an official Gym Challenge, no interruptions. You'll have to come back in the morning,"

And with that Falco Grayson continued his fight "Ohhhh.. Burn!" Jackie teased, leaning up against the wall now, his arms crossed as he spoke to Cinder "You gonna let him diss you like that mate? And in front of some young upstart"

The devious Dark Type pointed upwards as Gym Leader and challenger fought, completely ignoring the two men below "That was hard to watch. It was like you were talking to a wall, but this one you might actually be able to get through" The goading grand garment wearer jeered, not letting his moody mates earlier failure with the Psychics lie. "He is just a Flying Type after all and you are a fearsome Fire Type... supposedly."

Jackie hoped to provoke his ash making accomplice into engaging the two above allowing him to look, uninterrupted, for some clue as to where the supposed Hideout was within these walls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back