• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Johto League x Type Rising (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Excalibur?/Operative), Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 (Ryukko), saniachan saniachan (Cherry), VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder)
Mentions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Valetti/Chance)

HGSS_Mt._Mortar-Morning.png

With Wet Wipe interrogating the last Kabu Corp clown and the two ladies practically shell shocked and surrounded by gore, Jackie could see he had missed alot when he went for his unsanctioned swim. His coat was already soaked, and there was no way he was going to add blood and brain matter to the mix so the detesting Dark Type went about his own investigation away from the group. "Hey Scrafty, throw some sand on these bits would you?" asked Jackie, motioning at the exploded extremities.

The Hoodlum Pokémon pulled his skin up tight around his waist, holding it high with one hand as he threw sand, with the other, on to bountiful blood. Taking his already compromised coat off as to not sully it further, the Dark Type detective wrung it out as he began his inquiry.

From what he could see there was at least three bodies, some kid with a stick and two K Corp corpses, the little ladies right next to the latter. Obviously the girls had won their little fights against the pinstripe pansies though by their own sorrowful sobs and languished look they might have gone overboard. Still that left the old man and Chance unaccounted for and possibly one other operative...

Was there a fourth one? Jackie wondered. The body parts scattered around made it hard to tell, but it was all mostly pinstripe clothes and dark shades mixed in so it would be hard to account for number four. There was no sign of a kimono or a broken sword and no signs of wrinkly skin either, with Jackie taking a step back as the bit of flesh he was inspecting slid by him, so he was probably right about their survival. The quick exit and disappearance of Gyarados also lent credence to the fact that old man Valetti was alive, as who else could call away the astronomical Atrocious Pokémon but it's trainer?

But then what of the bolt slinging billionaire... Maybe the Elite Four elder defeated Chance and after leaving the hampered Hyde for dead, used his Gyarados to ferry the Electric Type away? Hence the two's quick departure? Or was it the opposite and had the Electric Type beaten Morgan, forcing him to call back his Pokémon to aid in his escape with Chance quickly giving chase? That option didn't sound right thought the spiky haired searcher, using his brief knowledge of the man.

"Shiftry, use Extrasensory and try to get a bead on Mr. Morgan or Chance. They couldn't have got too far yet. If Garchomp shows up get him to help you as well. I'll be over there" With enough sand thrown to cover the gore and guts for the moment, Jackie decided to see if the others had gotten anything yet out of their iron interrogatee, his fur coat slung over his shoulder.

Last edited:
The faintest traces of Valetti's thoughts reached back to Shiftry's extrasensory, showing him heading southwest along Route 48. It seemed the old man was traveling fast. Chance's aura, as well as his captors, were nowhere along Shiftry's range unfortunately for the plucky group of battlers. An extra bonus to his scan, however, was the detection of Excalibur coming back towards the cave from the surface. He erupted from the ceiling and dropped to the ground with a nimble half summersault, landing on his feet. He hurried up to Jackie, the most familiar face to him, and seemed a tad panicked. He let out some growly cries and waved his arms frantically, tears budding in his eye. The dragon type pointed his claws towards the ceiling, then rotated them around to every conceivable point of the room at one point or another, desperately trying to communicate that he went every which way he could think of in pursuit of the two woman and his master.

Twist Twist

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

After a moment of silence, Sherry noticed some sort of jewel (?) laid on the ground. A closer inspection revealed it to be a pendant that felt so cold to touch even for an ice-type with high cold tolerance like her. "...Never-Melt Ice?" Cherry muttered upon realizing what this thing really was. Little did she knew that Kurama peered closer to her out of curiosity. That is, until she heard the Ninetales cooing. She let him see the Never-Melt Ice pendant, but not without a stern warning: "Look, don't touch. Not even the hottest fire can melt this thing."

And then a huge ball of fire could be seen at the other side of the lake. The intense heat immediately drew the duo's attention. Sherry soon ran around the lake to the source despite her vulnerability to heat in case the fireball was aimed at her, thus forcing Kurama to tag along. Not without wearing the Never-Melt Ice pendant beforehand, of course.

Last edited:
Across the lake from Ryuko and Sherry, Cinder was fully prepared to commit his own murder. The steel type hadn’t quite noticed he was being threatened when he picked up the fairy type trainer he was battling by the throat and, with an activation of bullet punch, crushed his throat with a metal grip. The trainer’s Azumarill shrieked in horror and scampered off into the darkness. Then, he realized the glow of his shadow against the wall denoted a light source nearly akin to plasma judging by it’s brightness. When he turned around, he was face to face with a fire type’s attack. The appearance of a huge spray of water which revealed the dark type trainer who had been battling Valetti officially made him realize his own situation.

the operative then scanned the rest of the cave. The death of his friends, and abandonment by his superiors, nearly made him want to cry. He’s be damned if he let the enemy know that, however. As such the steel type puffed out his chest and looked down the barrel, so to speak, of Cinder’s potential blast.

“and what questions would those be, then?”

saniachan saniachan Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Twist Twist VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator

"Where did that elite bitch and her psychic boy-toy teleport to? You have to know some details about whatever their planning?" snarled Cinder, it was obvious any less aggression-minded person would ask "Why was the elite four teaming up with common poachers? Or What did that ghost woman mean about revolt?" However Cinder could give a rattata's ass about this whole political struggle war crap. He just needed to know where they were so he could go in, annihilate that psychic and grab Chance...what happened in this big game after that was none of his concern.

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Excalibur?/Operative), Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 (Ryukko), saniachan saniachan (Cherry), VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder)

Jackie was feet away from the interrogation when a frantic Garchomp approached him, arms waving in all directions as he tried to explain his own findings. "Chill mate! Your babbling!" growled Jackie "I can't understand a thing your saying!"

The Mach Pokemon was distraught from the loss of his trainer and his own failure in rescuing him, so much so, the harsh Hyde could see tears forming in the corner of his eyes. "Are you crying?!" he snapped "What happened the proud Pokémon who almost flattened me back in the cavern? The dragon who practically took half of my face off with his devastating Dragon Claw eh?! Where did he go huh?"

Jackie jabbed him with his finger as he spoke, infuriated about his tear reduced rival's literal collapse. "What would Chance think seeing you like this?!" That last comment seemed to knock some sense into the Electric Type's exemplary, his gaze hardening "Take a minute chill and then tell me what you found."

Garchomp took a deep breath and began to explain more coherently before being interrupted. "Actually two secs, I can't take you seriously right now" the heartless Hyde stated, peering around before reaching down behind him and picking up some Dark Glasses, a leftover from one of the Kabu Corp operatives. Sliding them on the Ground Type goliaths eyes to cover his red eyes and tears, Jackie motioned him to continue his story, nodding along as he listened.

"So a teleporting tart and her groupie grabbed up your boy eh? Interesting...." the Dark Type stated, processing all the information for a few seconds. He looked up at Garchomp, the shade wearing shark looking more like his usual formidable self "Come with me"

Strolling over to their pinstripe prisoner, Jackie heard the last of Cinders questions before deciding to interject with his own. Looming behind the Steel Type, the heinous Hyde grabbed the man by the back of his neck and rammed his face into the ground with a crack. Pulling him back up his hair, Jackie bent his head over the operatives shoulder, just enough to be seen in the corner of his eye "Just in case you thought we weren't serious" he smirked. "So it would be best if you answer our questions truthfully. Oh and FYI see that Garchomp next to my flaming friend there? Your miserable mates took his trainer and he isn't too happy about it are ya bud?"

The devious Dark Type looked up at Garchomp, giving a subtle gesture with his eyes at the Steel type followed by a quick wink....

The steel type grit his teeth and hesitated to spill his guts. Unfortunately it seemed that wouldn’t just be a turn of phrase for him if he refused to answer, judging by the fate of his teammates. Still undecided, he was caught off guard by a hand thrusting his face into the dirt. When he was brought back up by his hair, now with a bloody nose, he had finally come to a conclusion.

“f*ck! Alright, alright,” he said, making eye contact with a Garchomp that was now bearing his teeth at him, “I can’t tell you exactly where they took him, because I didn’t know they were planning on it. I recognize him as a gym leader, but he wasn’t part of our briefing. If I had to guess, I’d say he’s probably at our closest hideout in Violet city. It’s...” he seemed to hesitate a moment, but one more look at Cinder assured him this was his only shot at evading death, “It’s beneath the gym there. Good luck getting in though. Falco Grayson is our ally,” he said, grinning as he referred to the flying type leader of the area, “There’s another op we’re running right now too, in the Safari Zone. They could have taken him there to be more remote until they can all gather back at HQ. Not even I know where that is. Only the elite four and the officers are allowed there, the rest of us operate out of branch divisions. I swear that’s all I know,”

“As far as our plans go, we’re just on payroll to make them more cash. Relicanth are rare, sell for a lot to collectors. Same goes for the Pokémon in the Safari Zone. There are Pokémon there from other regions with no population here in Johto, perfect gifts for rich asshole kids. We do these kinds of ops all the time to fund our black sites and keep them off the official books. As far as a revolt goes, I couldn’t tell you. I guess that’s what Chance has you all doing. The elite four are in our pocket, we’re the government, and you all are now traitors,” he finished with the faintest mocking smile, as if that was some small win for him. “I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re all already on wanted posters,”

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Twist Twist saniachan saniachan

Last edited:
Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

"Ah, Ryuko!" Cherry soon got distracted upon seeing Ryuko sobbing there with her Charizard and yet another corpse right in front of her. The dragon-type girl looked like she couldn't believe her eyes with all the mess she might've caused, much like Sherry herself. "A-are you okay?" the ice-type girl asked out of concern with a tap on Ryuko's shoulder. Could this be... another overkill? she wondered without voicing it. And as for Kurama, he made his own detour to the Charizard and asked something like "What the heck is going on here?" in Pokemon language.

Last edited:

Jackie Hyde

"I've been on Wanted posters most of my life mate, so its no big deal for me." Jackie remarked, stepping away slightly to process.

For the most part, to the Dark Type, it seemed he was telling the truth with the facts, mostly, matching up with his own findings. Shiftry had detected Valetti heading down Route 48, and thanks to a quick scroll through his Pokegear's functions, did lead to the Safari Zone and the supposed op Kabu Corp was running. But his Wicked Pokemon's Extrasensory hadn't picked Chance up with Morgan so that would mean he was somewhere else, and according to the new ferrous friend here, Violet City was most likely. A tentative match but still.....

So far the pinstripe prisoner seemed pretty legit, mulled Jackie, though with nothing else to go on did they have a real choice but to believe him.

Tactically thinking the best bet would be to send the girls down to Cianwood City as, with Valetti most likely heading that way, they would stand a better chance against him with Cherry Tomato matching up well against his Gyarados and the Dragon girl resistant to most of the geezers aquatic attacks. Also the haughty Hyde didn't fancy getting wet again, his coat only just about drying as it is. Another plus was the fact that by heading to a backwater town like Cianwood it should mean there was less chance of them showing up on a Wanted poster and ending up in the slammer. With possible murder charges looming over them, it seemed like a smart play to keep them out of trouble, at least until they decided what to do with their prisoner.

That left him and Cinder to take on the Birdman in the Kabu Corp hideout. "This hideout of yours, any back entrances?" asked Jackie, stepping back towards the operative "Secret doors? Security systems? You've already spilled most of the beans so might as well empty the tin"

Last edited:
The steel type relaxed when he wasn't hit again. He mulled over Jackie's last question momentarily, and even smirked a bit at it.

"You've got me there. I'm gonna have to flee the region if I want to live, that is assuming you let me go. I've already betrayed them, and damn if the paychecks weren't good while they lasted. I've always hated birdbrain, though. Stuck up bastard thinks he's cut from a different cloth. Says he's from a "Superior class of warriors," Always got on my nerves. Tell ya what, there's an entrance in the basement of bell sprout tower only he uses. The monks don't know about it, only the Gym Leader is allowed in the 'Sacred Chamber,' So I'm not sure how you'd get inside, but that's all I know. Not even sure if that's really ancient tradition in Violet or if that's just some story they cooked up. Now can I go? I wouldn't be surprised if the damage control team is already on their way to clean up the scene, and that includes all of us," The steel type seemed reckless, and peered at the entrances to the underground chamber as if expecting them to show.

Twist Twist saniachan saniachan VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Ryumaru Ryuko
saniachan saniachan Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

Ryuko felt a hand touch her, bringing her back to earth as she turned her head to Cherry. The Ice Type had a look as if she too had just experienced the same fight. Ryuko shot up to hug her, out of fear, and out of sorrow for killing someone she had no intent to murder.
"What did I get myself into? I never asked to kill anyone!"

Ryuko's Charizard shook his head after thinking about what he did. Stanlding back up, he looked at the dead body of the man Ryuko had killed, and found the Focus Sash, before picking it up and looking at it.
Kurama the Ninetales had approached, and asked him what happened. Charizard had responed, though he sounded angry about it.
"We killed someone without meaning to. I am fine about it now but I am worried about my "Sister"
He said sister as if Ryuko was his adoptive sibling. He had no priblem with it, but the way Ryuko was acting was not like the girl he knows.

The steel type relaxed when he wasn't hit again. He mulled over Jackie's last question momentarily, and even smirked a bit at it.

"You've got me there. I'm gonna have to flee the region if I want to live, that is assuming you let me go. I've already betrayed them, and damn if the paychecks weren't good while they lasted. I've always hated birdbrain, though. Stuck up bastard thinks he's cut from a different cloth. Says he's from a "Superior class of warriors," Always got on my nerves. Tell ya what, there's an entrance in the basement of bell sprout tower only he uses. The monks don't know about it, only the Gym Leader is allowed in the 'Sacred Chamber,' So I'm not sure how you'd get inside, but that's all I know. Not even sure if that's really ancient tradition in Violet or if that's just some story they cooked up. Now can I go? I wouldn't be surprised if the damage control team is already on their way to clean up the scene, and that includes all of us," The steel type seemed reckless, and peered at the entrances to the underground chamber as if expecting them to show.

Twist Twist saniachan saniachan VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Cinder smirked, “So I get to fry a gym leader and grab Chance? Sounds like a good time to me. Dark brat, take the others and check out Cianwood, I can handle whatever Kabu-Corp has to throw at me and you’ll just get in the way.” Cinder lowered his flame fueled palm from the steel types head seeing as everything useful had been extracted from him and Cinder had no motivation to kill the poor squealing bastard. “At first I was just here as a favor to chance but now that ghostly hag and her motley crew have me all fired up” he began pouring smoke from his mouth almost seemingly from excitement as if some internal coal engine had just begin to ramp up “Their funeral” Cinder gestured for Fafnir to get ready for flight and battle.

The fire types brazen confidence would’ve been justified under normal circumstances, the raw element of flame tended to be quite destructively powerful but he was tauros-rushing into unknown territory without a care for strategy or a second thought, a accompanying companion would surely help his chances?

Jackie Hyde

The horrible Hyde smiled devilishly at the Fire Type, before retorting "You mean your funeral. Mate, from what I see your the weakest member here so far and I don't know you from a hole in the wall. Much like the one I remember your crashing into earlier" Jackie grinned as he referenced the Light Screen the Psychic type operative used. "Which if I recall was used by the only operative to get away? Audience?"

The denouncing Dark Type looked back at his Pokémon, with Scrafty nodding along while Shiftry remained his usual unmoving self. "Heck, I was only letting you tag along so I could get a lift to Violet City and you're only marginally more useful now cus of the so called secret tunnel in Sprout Tower, because of your Type, but even that might be a stretch."

Jackie paused as he let his opinion on Cinder sink in. "Really though, I am way more useful to you than you are to me Wet Wipe. You just got played by a Psychic and I am a Dark "Brat" after all...." The conscious coat wearer pointed at himself with his thumb, his typing making him super effective against teleporting telepaths."....so you should really think twice before blowing some much smoke in my face. In both senses. Well... unless you like being a lifetime loser?"

Last edited:
Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Seems like Ryuko's sudden hug caught Sherry in for a surprise. Silence ensued for a moment, save for the former's sobbing, until she voiced her regret. "Me too, Ryuko, me too," Sherry muttered with a rather pensive sigh. The girls really could use a lesson or two on how to not accidentally overkill their foes, after all.

As for Kurama, he turned to his and the Charizard's trainers who were having their moment and mused, "Same here, mate. Sis Cherry got an overkill too." The Fox Pokemon then let out his own sigh and went on, "Here comes the runaway life..." I mean, considering what the girls had done (even if it's by accident), the higher-ups would've looked into this case sooner or later, right?

Last edited:
Jackie and Cinder found themselves hiking it along route thirty six from Ecruteak without incident. The Pokecenter tended to their wounds without apparent knowledge of their exploits in the caves, and the camping they did at the end of Route Thirty Seven kept their bellies full for the journey. Violet City rose on the horizon now, with it's traditionally styled rooftops peaking out from between the trees. High above the shifting leaves was the Bellsprout Tower standing like a silent guardian in the afternoon sun. Gently swaying back and forth, with lanterns just being lit on each floor as was the custom. They flickered through the windows dimly.

Slowly as they walked, creatures were ending their afternoon calls and squeaks. What didn't seem to be quieting so quickly, were the chirps of Pidgey in the area. It was only four or five, but they were constant and incessant. Every time the two men walked out of the ring they made in the trees around them, they would quickly flap and flutter to branches ahead on the path and continue their calling.

Twist Twist VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator

With such a great distance to cover to the remote city of Cianwood, Ryuko and Cherry hopped on the back of the young Dragon Types Charizard, the Flame Pokémon graciously volunteering to fly them there and give the girls much needed distance from their recent regretful actions. Easily passing over Route 37, a somewhat tricky task if they had been on foot due to a strange tree which guarded the popular route, and the National Park, the pair quickly stopped in Olivine City, making sure to be in and out of the Poke Center as soon as their Pokémon were healed, ever wary of Kabu Corps presence in the area and it's members watchful eyes.

Back in the air the girls held on to Char tightly, as they soared over Route 40 and near the ever present rain storms and strong winds of the Whirl island's, the natural heat of the Fire Type keeping them warm as they passed through the worst of it and set up camp on a nearby atoll, drying their clothes by the fire and filling their stomachs with hot food. With Cianwood City visible in the distance, Ryuko and Cherry made their final push to the port town, spying the occasional surfer or ship from the air though as they got closer, they could see the small harbour was full of people, the city's recent revitalisation as the place to see the likes of Lugia and Suicine making it a tourist spot as well as a busy port. Wanting to avoid the crowds as well as any unnecessary attention, the pair decided to land on the surrounding beach.

saniachan saniachan Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Twist Twist VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (tagging everyone just in case)

The trip to Cianwood itself was relatively uneventful save for some moments when Sherry was overly sweating from the Charizard's natural heat. To be fair though, being an ice-type, she fares better in cold than in heat. That's also why she and Ryuko sometimes switched seats during the trip.

As soon as the girls landed at the beach near Cianwood, Sherry decided to have a look around. It was rather quiet compared to the much busier port, perfect for a little nostalgia. The ice-type girl gazed at a certain spot where she, as Kaede, somehow got washed ashore three years ago in the worst, tattered kimono she ever had. That alone made her realize that this really wasn't her first gig in the life of a runaway. It's still nerve-wrecking regardless.

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder)
Mentions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Pidgey?)

300px-Johto_Route_37_HGSS.png

Jackie walked in a rather nonchalant manner crossing his arms behind his head as he walked, raising his legs high into the air like an overeager child with very step as they approached Violet City. With not much too do until he and his new pyro partner arrived at the metropolis, the spiky haired stroller had been in his head.

The Dark Type had thought about trying out his new Mareep against the Relicanth back at Mt Mortar but seeing how he had been the saviour of ancient treasures rather than the stealer for once, it had made him think twice. Also the fact that they were on a tight schedule, with Kabu Corp's hold growing tighter around them every minute, didn't help either. But with all the incessant chirping from the Pidgey's above him, the fur coated fighter was more than tempted to do a spot of training now.

Reaching for the Luxury Ball that held his newest addition, Jackie threw it up and down in the air as he walked before finally deciding to release the Wool Pokémon from it's spherical sanctuary, letting it drop to the ground as Mareep emerged in a flash of light.

Slightly above Sherry, on the stony outcropping of the dock, there was a small flash of light then another much like the flash of a camera but in a tourist spot like this, with all the sightseers and holiday makers, that is sure to be expected? It was impossible to tell who or what had caused it or why, with all the people milling about above but after one final flash, it stopped.

If Sherry or Ryuko had been on the pier maybe they could have seen something but all that was left now was the sound of hasty footsteps, barely audible, disappearing among the many feet of the crowds....

Ryumaru Ryuko
saniachan saniachan Twist Twist

The flight to Cianwood was short, yet it felt long to Ryuko. Even though Cherry was with her, and provided her a friend to talk to, Ryuko had secretly felt a sense of sorrow within herself. Keeping that away from the present situation, Ryuko had landed on the beach with her friends.
"Cu Be!"

Ryuko looked to her right shoulder to see Cubone there, eyes looking into hers out of concern. When Ryuko had come to pick him up and put Tyranitar and Bertie in their respective pokeballs, he noticed she was different from before. She gave off an aura not like the girl who saved him, but as a scared child, like himself.
Ryuko looked ahead to the city and shook her head.
"I am fine, really!"

Charizard looked to Ryuko, following the girl closely as his mind was trying to think about how to get her back to normal.​

As Jackie was contemplating whether or not he wanted to do anything about the maniacal chirping of Pidgey, two more had gathered to join the chorus. Then three. Then five. Eventually there was a proper flock of seventeen of them peering out from the leaves in an uncharacteristically devilish way for the small feathered beings which were often regarded as friends to small children. It’s not unheard of for them to be captured and caught as pets but indeed the glare they had when looking between Cinder and Jackie did not seem like they’d accept some bird seed this evening.

Last edited:
While Sherry explored the beach and Ryuko chatted with her Pokémon, each of the trainers caught up in their own personal thoughts, another boat pulled in, the small passenger liner bringing it with another group of tourists. Within minutes at least twenty or so passengers disembarked the ship, a guide leading the party, as this cruise ship was only stopping in this small town for the day before moving on to bigger and better places. The group was all manner of ages, from the very old to the very young but all eager to stretch their feet and explore this latest tourist spot.

Just arriving here themselves, maybe it be would a good idea for the girls to follow the foreign travellers to get a lay of the land or blend in and use them as cover as they did their own reconnaissance? With Kabu Corp running a secret operation in the Safari Zone, who could tell how tight their grasp was on the city.

Last edited:

Jackie Hyde

Jackie studied his Pokegear, moving it over his Mareep like a metal detector, as he learnt it's move set, ability and the like, the wool Pokémon doing her own investigation as she sniffed over the Dark Type and his oh so similar coat. Getting up, Jackie searched through his Pokegear TM's, the high tech gadget having technical machines already preloaded and ready for use. "Hey mate, I've got a plan" He said, turning to Cinder, his head down as the high tech hood began booting up the TM "Rollout" for Mareep "So you can either stay here or go on ahead to Violet City. Either way I need you to keep your distance for now"

Turning back to his Pokemon, the downloading Dark Type unplugged a metallic band from the bottom of his poke gear, the small half circle looking much like a handle or a key ring when attached to the device. Placing it on Mareep's ankle, much to the Electric Types curiosity, the small band locked together and began teaching the TM. The Wool Pokémon was none the wiser to what was going on though it's brow furrowed slightly as if concentrating and, after a few moments, the process was complete. Taking off the band, Jackie placed it back into his Pokegear the metal ring clicking into the bottom of the device.

All prepped and ready now, though the Pidgey too seemed that way, with the head down Hyde already noticing the growing numbers of Tiny Bird Pokémon as he spied their shadows flickering above him while he had gone about his battle ready business. Pointing towards the fore boarding flock, Jackie issued his command "Ok Mareep. Use Discharge!"

[

Jackie Hyde

Jackie studied his Pokegear, moving it over his Mareep like a metal detector, as he learnt it's move set, ability and the like, the wool Pokémon doing her own investigation as she sniffed over the Dark Type and his oh so similar coat. Getting up, Jackie searched through his Pokegear TM's, the high tech gadget having technical machines already preloaded and ready for use. "Hey mate, I've got a plan" He said, turning to Cinder, his head down as the high tech hood began booting up the TM "Rollout" for Mareep "So you can either stay here or go on ahead to Violet City. Either way I need you to keep your distance for now"

Turning back to his Pokemon, the downloading Dark Type unplugged a metallic band from the bottom of his poke gear, the small half circle looking much like a handle or a key ring when attached to the device. Placing it on Mareep's ankle, much to the Electric Types curiosity, the small band locked together and began teaching the TM. The Wool Pokémon was none the wiser to what was going on though it's brow furrowed slightly as if concentrating and, after a few moments, the process was complete. Taking off the band, Jackie placed it back into his Pokegear the metal ring clicking into the bottom of the device.

All prepped and ready now, though the Pidgey too seemed that way, with the head down Hyde already noticing the growing numbers of Tiny Bird Pokémon as he spied their shadows flickering above him while he had gone about his battle ready business. Pointing towards the fore boarding flock, Jackie issued his command "Ok Mareep. Use Discharge!"

="Twist, post: 10922573, member: 39617"]

Cinder The Crimson Combustive Challenger

Cinder would scoff at the sight of the Mareep, he surely didn’t understand the appeal of such a timid and seemingly non threatening Pokémon. Cinder was merely allowing Jackie to tag along without giving him 6th degree burns, for the simple fact of Jackie exploited his most significant weakness...that damn fiery pride. A pride that had caused Cinder to practically completely ignore the pathetic pidgey patrons patronizingly pestering the unplacid passionate trainers. When Jackie had the damn nerve to try ordering Cinder around, It took a significant amount of willpower to keep the young battler from losing his historically short temper but...Cinder was no idiot and knew that this Dark type prick had some strange desire to free Chance as well so the chance of sabatige was slim. “Hmph” and a glare were the only response Jackie would receive before Cinder suddenly inhaled deeply and breathed a stream of fire straight down with such force it jetted him into the air where he would begin to hover using his fire like thrusters, “Alright jackass Whats the genius scheme?” He shouted downwards before the dome of surging electricity crackled to life

The electricity zipped this way and that, zapping a pidgey or two out of the treetops. The more timid of the group being slightly damaged fluttered off, but still, the flock’s numbers remained at fifteen. Most were at least intelligent enough to wait until the attack dissipated before trying an assault. Finally the others soared inwards into the path from the canopy to the sides, all using peck at once. Ten deftly curved around Cinder’s column of flame, to come in like so many fluttering needles all around Mareep and Jackie. Their beaks extended from them slightly and became razor sharp brimming with flying type energy.

the other five circled the flame-nado to approach Cinder from below. They activated wing attack, their wings packing the power of a pro boxer’s fist thanks to the move. All five attempted to five inwards at the last moment and bombard Cinder with strikes where he hung in the air.

Twist Twist VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Pidgey?) VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator (Cinder)
Mentions:​

Spr_3e_016.png
Jackie didn't reply to Cinders question as this entire situation didn't feel right with the whole platoon of Pidgeys definitely feeling off to him. Doubly so now with his Mareep's Discharge doing little to faze the Tiny Bird Pokémon who patiently waited for the arcing bolts of electricity to dissipate, not even batting an eye lid as the lightning tried to scale the trees to get at them, hitting nearby branches in the process.

Within moments of Mareeps Discharge blacking out the Pidgeys attacked the padded pair, deftly flying towards them like Flying Type fighter jets, their natural nosecones brimming with power. The fur coated fighter shielded his head with his arms, curling them around his neck to protect himself as the sparrow like swarm nicked and teared at his body. His Mareep was taken aback, to say the least, as the Pidgeys swooped down and around her but luckily her natural Static ability kept them back, small charges bouncing off her and on to any who come too close.
Spr_5b_179.png

These Flying types seemed far too intelligent..., almost trained... thought Jackie, as he defiantly stood his ground. Quickly he began to issue his Pokémon commands, before the Electric Type was overcome by fear or, worse, their attackers. "Mareep, Use Charge then Cotton Guard!" The defending Dark Type practically shouting over the multitude of flapping wings beating around him.

"Maaaaar" was the response as the Wool Pokémon activated Charge, storing up an electrical charge in her coat and making the usually little Pokémon look more like a woolly Parasect with all the building power doubling the size of her fleece. With the addition of the Cotton Guard, you wouldn't fault the Pidgey for believing they were back in the sky, as Mareep looked just like a cloud as her coat puffed up and produced more wool, drastically raising her defence. With a type and definite size advantage now, Jackie smiled within the depths of his coat as he prepared a counterattack.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back