• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Johto League x Type Rising (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Twist Twist

In the heat of the moment, Sherry may not have realised but with events cooling off, the man before him may have looked familiar if not from his celebrity status or professional sports career but from the souvenir stand she had crashed into earlier. The green and white uniform and the cute yet aggressive Chesnaught design of the Castellia City Chesnaught's on the mans broad chest was one of the many things replicated on the gifts and knick knacks of the seaside stand. "So you're one of Chance's teammates? Me and my friends here were told to keep an eye out for you while we minded the Safari Zone. Can't say I know why but I ain't gonna argue with my biggest sponsor."

"Too bad, Garret starting asking questions about it when those Pokémon came stomping through town or he wouldn't be cut from the team right now. Me, I don't got beef with nobody I'm just here to get back into the pro leagues and you may be my ticket back, I can see the headlines now... Dutch Downs Known Terrorist." Downs' spread his hands out in front of him, accentuating every word although the double meaning was lost to the man himself as he continued on.

"Still... I don't feel like crushing a little girl... No offense... And besides I get more fans than challengers in this backwater burg so how about we make this Interesting? We settle this with a Pokémon battle. I got a pretty good team going and thanks to that guy, Reigns, from the Elite Four, a pretty sick new star Pokémon to back em up." he advocated, putting his helmet back on. "Hey, I'll even sweeten the deal. You beat me, I'll give you anything you want." Stepping over Garret's body, a sinister smile slithered across Dutch's face as he approached Sherry. "If you lose though, I'm handing you and all your friends off to Kabu Corp. So how about it? We have a deal?"
And now everything became interesting. Seems like Sherry almost forgot that the gym leader, Dutch, was also the owner of that souvenir shoppe that she had crashed on earlier. Not that she even wanted to anyway, because it hurts as hell. That said, Sherry took a deep breath and confessed as her spear disappeared, "Aight, sir. First off, sorry about your shop. I tried to avoid buildings back there but..." Cherry glared at the Black Belt she had fought earlier. "...one of your men shoved me to it."

"And as for your deal- WHOA!!!"
the ice-type girl suddenly yelped as a pair of invisible-yet-familiar chords wrapped her body and lifted her out of the blue. Nanami got the same treatment but without her familiarity of the chords. That, and a Psychic (as in the move) also helped the ladies to stay airborne. "Sorry about that, sir! The battle has to wait!" Cherry shouted at Dutch due to their widening distance. And by the time the ladies got too far away that even the most potent High Jump Kick couldn't reach them, the gym folks would realize that both Garret and Nanami's Gliscor were nowhere to be seen.

Ryuko leaned in next to Charizard's ear and whispered to her partner, with a concerned voice.
"Char, do you think we should take a look at the battle out there?"
Her large friend growled. Whatever was out in the distance seemed important, but before they could go investigate, the Slowpoke incident happened. Seeing the dopey pokemon get snatched in front of her own eyes, it brought up a serious decision.

To go save Slowpoke or go investigate the battle? She decided that she would have to do the reckless decision of splitting up.
"Char, take Cubone and see if you cant find out what that battle is in the distance. I'll bring Duskull with me to save the Slowpoke!"

With the plan in motion, Ryuko leaped off of her large pokemon and flew after the Poachers, with Duskull hanging on her head with a happy expression. Charizard, with the baby pokemon on his back, flew off towards the battle in the distance.​

Seeing Ryuko wade in from the water, her Duskull accompanying her, the bubbly bad guy motioned hastily for Private to go though the sheer volume of Slowpoke he was dragging made this no easy task. Quickly whipping up a Bubble with a wave of his hand, the Operative focused his attack on the Dragon Type, seeking to trap her like he had done with his quizzical quarry. At the least it would slow her down the soapy spheres sticky with foam, and buy his arbour accomplice time to get away. With Duskull hanging from her head, he might even be able to get the both of them.

Meanwhile Charizard and Cubone would see a Lapras under siege by some mysterious Pokémon, plumes of water erupting around her as she craned her neck around her body in an attempt to protect herself. A couple of lengths away, the keen eyed would see a small, vicious looking dark blue thing, almost like the gnarly head of some creature, peeking up from the surface of the water. The long yellow antenna of the Water Type Pokémon stirred at the Flame Pokémon's approach, the black banded blaster turning to the two newcomers. Opening it's maw like appendage wide it took careful aim and fired, trying to Smack the arriving Pokémon pair Down and out of the air

Twist Twist

And now everything became interesting. Seems like Sherry almost forgot that the gym leader, Dutch, was also the owner of that souvenir shoppe that she had crashed on earlier. Not that she even wanted to anyway, because it hurts as hell. That said, Sherry took a deep breath and confessed as her spear disappeared, "Aight, sir. First off, sorry about your shop. I tried to avoid buildings back there but..." Cherry glared at the Black Belt she had fought earlier. "...one of your men shoved me to it."

"And as for your deal- WHOA!!!"
the ice-type girl suddenly yelped as a pair of invisible-yet-familiar chords wrapped her body and lifted her out of the blue. Nanami got the same treatment but without her familiarity of the chords. That, and a Psychic (as in the move) also helped the ladies to stay airborne. "Sorry about that, sir! The battle has to wait!" Cherry shouted at Dutch due to their widening distance. And by the time the ladies got too far away that even the most potent High Jump Kick couldn't reach them, the gym folks would realize that both Garret and Nanami's Gliscor were nowhere to be seen.

All Dutch and his boys could do was watch as Cherry and her friends disappeared behind the open roof of the Gym, his chosen design of a sport stadium coming back to bite him. "This isn't over!" he shouted, beating his chest with his massive arm.

The Gym Leaders words were lost in the wind as a powerful gust swept up from behind Sherry and Henry, the Balloon Pokémon easily soaring through the sky with his two passengers as he rode the wind. Behind them was Nanami's Gliscor, the battered Garret slumped on his back, silently following his trainer. "Uh... Kaede... Any chance we could land soon?"

Nanami hung uncertainly from Henry's chords, her face turning slightly green as she held on tight to the Ghost Types ethereal extremity. The Ground Type was used to flying on the back of her Gliscor but her current situation, hanging off the bottom of Henry was all too different experience and one that was making her sick. With the slipstream taking them to the Northwest, the Safari Zone was easily in sight of the pair.

From up above Sherry could see the entirety of the Safari Zone, each area a perfect block with each square encompassing it's specialized environment for its chosen Pokémon, with there being a total of twelve different areas in all. It would be almost impossible to figure out which one her friend Ryuko or the Kabu Corp operation was taking place in, even more so when from high up in the air the Ice Type saw the Safari Zone shift in front of her, the different areas swapping around like a sliding puzzle as they changed places. Sherry might have noticed this as quite unusual with the areas placement normally set, not constantly changing but there was little time to ponder, with the wind dying down and Henry losing altitude they were forced to land at the Entrance Building. Still this little delay would give Sherry time to check up on Garret as well as say her goodbyes if she decided to go on alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back