• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Johto League x Type Rising OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Twist Twist

Fun fact: both of my ice-type girls tried to use Aurora Veil, but Snowy's was aborted due to the Fake Out. That, and I kinda need a safe space for Sherry's true self reveal later.

Are you guys still looking for some more to join? I was hoping to throw my hat in the ring.
Well, seeing as I've had two potential arrivals who haven't been in touch the past couple days, I'm willing to risk overfilling. Do you understand the setting and everything that's required of your character?

Well, seeing as I've had two potential arrivals who haven't been in touch the past couple days, I'm willing to risk overfilling. Do you understand the setting and everything that's required of your character?
I believe so though the character I have in mind probably pushes the boundaries a bit.

hellos, just chiming in here, should have my bit later on tonight as im having a busy day.

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade did you mean for me to fight the guy now or chase after Anne or do i pick one?
Well she’s JUST about to come around the corner, but she will be embarrassed to see you again and run away. If you were to say, hide behind a pillar you could avoid detection altogether and not necessarily fight anybody right now. Those are your two options, though, track Anne with your cover blown or not, or fight scientist man now rather than later. Completely up to you.

mdebourg mdebourg you didn’t really... do anything last turn my man. You didn’t hide, you didn’t go further in the room. Could you give me a bit more description and action to react to?

i just edited that sorry about that.
You are now in the hallway just outside of where Twist and Mine characters are, but are still undetected. Read my last few posts interacting with twist to get descriptions of how the room looks and the people who are inside.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain believe it or not, that character plays somewhat into a plot point we're about to get into in the story very soon. He's, funnily enough, rather perfect for our setting. I suppose now is as good a time as any to tell everyone.

saniachan saniachan Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Twist Twist mdebourg mdebourg VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator The Pilot The Pilot

Once the current missions end, our characters are going to gather in Violet City and learn from Chance that Kabu Corp used him for experiments involving something known as a Latent Type. By battling to your character's absolute maximum limit at a place with high Infinity Energy, one can bring out a second type in a human similar to dual types in pokemon. Our characters will only gain a maximum of five extra moves from this, but those moves will also be able to be combined with their current moves for unique effects of your choosing. Additionally, those who do not wish to add a second type to their characters, will become what's known as a True Type. A human who's synergy with their base type is so powerful they exceed their former limits. So that's something to think about as the missions reach their end.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain so this means with Bunker, you have a couple routes you could go with his development. In my mind, Bunker accessed his Latent Type through his determined training with his Pokemon. That type being Fighting. Through training at a point of great Infinity Energy once more, he could regain some use of his fire typing. As in, the five moves he would normally get from the second type. Or, you can remain true to the original way you've written him, and it will be tragically impossible. It's entirely up to you, and your character won't suffer any actual penalties within the story or combat situations for doing so. I do think it's quite a funny case of synchronicity that it worked out this way, however.

Once the current missions end, our characters are going to gather in Violet City and learn from Chance that Kabu Corp used him for experiments involving something known as a Latent Type. By battling to your character's absolute maximum limit at a place with high Infinity Energy, one can bring out a second type in a human similar to dual types in pokemon. Our characters will only gain a maximum of five extra moves from this, but those moves will also be able to be combined with their current moves for unique effects of your choosing. Additionally, those who do not wish to add a second type to their characters, will become what's known as a True Type. A human who's synergy with their base type is so powerful they exceed their former limits. So that's something to think about as the missions reach their end.
Do normal-type moves from Refrigerate (or its equivalent abilities) count as a half-normal type for the trainer?

Also Scatterbrain Scatterbrain , where was Bunker's gym back then?

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain believe it or not, that character plays somewhat into a plot point we're about to get into in the story very soon. He's, funnily enough, rather perfect for our setting. I suppose now is as good a time as any to tell everyone.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain so this means with Bunker, you have a couple routes you could go with his development. In my mind, Bunker accessed his Latent Type through his determined training with his Pokemon. That type being Fighting. Through training at a point of great Infinity Energy once more, he could regain some use of his fire typing. As in, the five moves he would normally get from the second type. Or, you can remain true to the original way you've written him, and it will be tragically impossible. It's entirely up to you, and your character won't suffer any actual penalties within the story or combat situations for doing so. I do think it's quite a funny case of synchronicity that it worked out this way, however.
That was a mighty big coincidence. I'll give it some thought and let you know which way I want to go.

saniachan saniachan I hadn't actually given it much thought. Probably in Johto somewhere? That's the region this is based in right? I haven't played a Pokemon game in quite a long time so I'm not overly familiar with the locales.

True type description sounds like a Super Saiyan for some reason.

But if True types are able to go beyond, is it possible for them to "Mega Evolve" in combat?

@saniachan I hadn't actually given it much thought. Probably in Johto somewhere? That's the region this is based in right? I haven't played a Pokemon game in quite a long time so I'm not overly familiar with the locales.
So far we currently have Chance's gym in Ecruteak, Falco's gym in Violet, a fighting-type gym in Cianwood (idk who their name is), a steel-type gym somewhere (only mentioned in Sherry's CS) and a former psychic-type gym in Azalea ( The Pilot The Pilot did I get it right?). And there's a Johto map in the lore thread in case you need to decide.

So far we currently have Chance's gym in Ecruteak, Falco's gym in Violet, a fighting-type gym in Cianwood (idk who their name is), a steel-type gym somewhere (only mentioned in Sherry's CS) and a former psychic-type gym in Azalea ( The Pilot The Pilot did I get it right?). And there's a Johto map in the lore thread in case you need to decide.
Thanks. I'll take a look but the Gym itself is not around anymore so it may not matter too much anyway.

True type description sounds like a Super Saiyan for some reason.

But if True types are able to go beyond, is it possible for them to "Mega Evolve" in combat?
How we get our second type/true type is through training right up until the point of death, and then being allowed to heal. So yes, it’s entirely a Super Saiyan lol

if you want your true type to come with a physical transformation similar to a mega evolution, that’s completely up to you

Thanks. I'll take a look but the Gym itself is not around anymore so it may not matter too much anyway.
It really doesn’t, it could have been anywhere because the types change depending on the successor chosen by the former leader. That being said, if you happen to think one town or another matches Bunker’s aesthetic, go ahead and throw it up on the lore page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back