• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Johto League x Type Rising OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Still hashing out the details for his background, though I am thinking of having him related to Karen from the Elite four? ;x Also writing descriptions for his attacks, with images/gifs were possible to show what I had envisioned o3o

I'd be open to the idea, but make sure you recognize in your writing that it's been hundreds of years since Karen passed and you are a direct descendent if you wanted to go that route. No one alive knew Karen, or anyone who knew her for that matter, but perhaps she did something to ensure her descendants got passed down the Pokemon genes to preserve her lineage? As well as some social influence to make sure they remained in power.

Idk why that bulbapedia article got posted. I also forgot to mention I'm open to gijinka characters, as the abilities are based off of genetic manipulation AND magic.

Um, are g max / z moves available? ;x
And in similar vein: are Mega Evolutions and/or Z-moves available?
I'm going to have to say yes, however I've never been a fan of the gimmicks later generations have introduced. At the end of the day I'll probably rule that z moves aren't any more powerful than regular ones, and Mega evolutions won't give your pokemon near the boost their stats get in the games. Just so as to not make regular pokemon automatically have a step down on the power scale because of a title and form change. I'd like most wins to be because of clever tactics over raw power stacked up through acquiring extra abilities.

I added a lore page for anything you don't think would fit in with the character sheets, but would be too long to explain in a main post. Also general worldbuilding, I'd appreciate a description of the battlefield at each gym from gym leaders. At the gyms are going to be the early rounds of the tournaments.

Aight, I've posted my character but still unfinished yet. Not sure if she's good enough tho. ._.

saniachan saniachan everything about her thus far seems fine, my only grievance would be that she is sixteen years old. I didn't state this as a requirement, but the in this rp the characters wouldn't have taken the gym challenge until 18, so she'd at least be 19 to have eight badges, even then being a prodigy. Which, it's fine that your character would be a prodigy given the scrupulous circumstances regarding their birth and coming to Johto.

saniachan saniachan everything about her thus far seems fine, my only grievance would be that she is sixteen years old. I didn't state this as a requirement, but the in this rp the characters wouldn't have taken the gym challenge until 18, so she'd at least be 19 to have eight badges, even then being a prodigy. Which, it's fine that your character would be a prodigy given the scrupulous circumstances regarding their birth and coming to Johto.
Oof, okay. Should've clarified it in the CS thread tho.

Anyone planning on making a fighting type or can I take that one?
all yours, as well as the gym leader spot for that type if you want to go that route. In which case our character's would know each other as mine trained at the fighting type gym before he started his journey

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Do you have to follow a set type team list? Or does you character have to be in the same vein as your team? Cus I have a rather unique idea for a character based around an ability who may or may not have dark moves.

I think I should have Cherry (my character) train in a steel-type gym during the 2-years gap between her "arrival" and start of her journey...

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Do you have to follow a set type team list? Or does you character have to be in the same vein as your team? Cus I have a rather unique idea for a character based around an ability who may or may not have dark moves.

My understanding is that your trainer Type does not mean your whole team has to be of the same type. For Freed, I've gone for a Dark Type trainer with a full dark type team, because I feel like that would compliment his character more then having a team of various types.

Not really, but you can if you want to. I personally make Cherry's team to be this... ragtag bunch of Pokemon with typings all over the place. It's still unfinished at the moment, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back