• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom JJBA: Seikatsu Toshi OOC

Characters
Here
Dolches Dolches
I believe it's necessary to mention that Edmond won't be able to perceive someone's Stand unless he himself becomes a user. He'll notice the effects, but not the stand itself, also being unable to damage said stand. He can still very much kill the user though.

Dolches Dolches
I believe it's necessary to mention that Edmond won't be able to perceive someone's Stand unless he himself becomes a user. He'll notice the effects, but not the stand itself, also being unable to damage said stand. He can still very much kill the user though.
I know that, but he'll still be valuable to the team.
He provides:
A near indestructible decoy (himself)
Easy evidence destruction (gets rid of bodies without burning them)
And uh... That's it.

Squad141 Squad141 I'm going to start working on my post soon. I was thinking of having Hachi interact with Cameron? She'll be coming from a shift at the gas station, and I was thinking maybe she usually stops by the Black Rainbow to use a vending machine outside before heading home? She might know Cameron's name but that's about it. Thoughts?

Squad141 Squad141 I'm going to start working on my post soon. I was thinking of having Hachi interact with Cameron? She'll be coming from a shift at the gas station, and I was thinking maybe she usually stops by the Black Rainbow to use a vending machine outside before heading home? She might know Cameron's name but that's about it. Thoughts?
That sounds fine to me. He’s on edge anyways, so I think having something calm like this happen would be beneficial to the character.

Resting Witch Face Resting Witch Face Now that we have four intro posts, are we doing either a narration post from you or are we free to interact with eachother until something happens?

Well I usually post a narration as a separate paragraph or two, and then do my character post. After that we can follow the post order or just go in whatever order, as long as everyone posts only once per narration post.

Sounds good to me! I work the early shift this morning, so I won't be able to reply until after then? So about 9 hours, FYI.

So I'm putting this here instead of on the Discord because I didn't want to clog it up with the length. I'm a sucker for plotting and whatnot, so this is just me vomiting some late night thoughts. Y'all don't have to go with any of this but maybe it can serve as inspiration as we go forward.

We already have a potential villain/ambiguous evil force, this being the dangerous, unnamed gang in Tokyo. Edmond has a grudge against them; this gives him motive to continue pursuing their downfall. It is clear to me that taking this gang down could serve as a major plot point, but I think we need more motive for our characters than just "they're bad, we're good, so they have to go down."

I think the main reason this gang is beginning to be a real problem is the introduction of Stands, brought about chiefly by the Golden Arrows. This gang is seeking to multiply its numbers and grow in power, and is doing so by strategically striking people with the arrow. I think it would make sense that they would go after the low life in Tokyo, the people who desperately need another option or have nowhere else to go. But I mean, this gang wouldn't just open their doors to anyone who had the potential for a Stand. So they would keep on the lookout for people whose abilities would prove uniquely useful.

As an example, Hachi: Her encounter with a Golden Arrow may very well have been this gang's doing. She's in a rather desperate position, struggling to provide for herself and her parents, so she could be the type of person they're looking for to coerce and control. Maybe not join the gang itself, but become one of its tools. Obviously this hasn't happened, but it's a possibility.

Cameron's possession of a Golden Arrow might be the key to our group understanding how this gang operates, and what they would have to do to at least slow it down. This would be to retrieve all the Golden Arrows they can find. If this gang is looking to recruit Stand users, wouldn't it make sense that they have at least a few of these Arrows? Or even just one?

So in terms of what we should do next, I think we should think about how we can make our characters find a reason to not just slink back to their previous lives. Something needs to happen that first forces them to act, then keeps them acting of their own free will. This first『 enemy stand user 』gives our characters a reason to believe that maybe their lives can't go back to normal just yet. Maybe it also shows them that sticking together isn't such a bad idea, because it might take all of them to take this person down, especially as I don't think any of them are accustomed to really fighting (Except maybe Edmond, but that's a completely different ballpark).

Soooooo there you have it, hopefully this makes some modicum of sense. Or not. As for what happens after that, I have a few ideas, but first we should really lay down the direction we want the plot to progress -- continue with the gang thing or look for something else.

Squad141 Squad141 Dolches Dolches Resting Witch Face Resting Witch Face

Users who are viewing this thread

Back