• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Listen, I know we have to run errands and be on our guard, but I'd like to make a request: We have to go back to the Black Rainbow. That arrow that I was talking about last night, the one that I shouldn't have which grants magical abilities to people? It's in my room, and we should probably retrieve it before whoever lost it in the gang puts two and two together."
Cameron began to speak as the three Stand users began to make their way to a more populated area of Tokyo. He was worried, and understandably so. Hachi realized that the boy was younger than she, and apparently still in school. She probably could have guessed so from that blazer he seemed to wear perpetually. Considering the arrow's significance, it was probably a good idea to make a short detour. Hachi altered their course, mapping out in her head where the Black Rainbow was and where they were. She was able to recall the path Edmond had taken them down the night before, and it was simply a matter of retracing their steps until they reached the area where the cafe was. From there, it would just be a few more minutes at a brisk pace.

"That's fine. But it's better if we take the back alleyways. They might be expecting us to try and return to our homes." Hachi took a sharp left into a narrow alleyway that was half-blocked with large bins and scattered pieces of junk. She felt almost certain that she was heading in the right direction.

"H-hey, before I forget, you guys should probably get a cut of this cash. We won't be splitting up, but it just feels fair that you each have control over what he gave to you." Joel, who had been silent, pushed a wad of yen into Hachi's hand. She stared at it for a moment before shoving it into her jacket pocket, almost tripping over a rusted metal box in the process. Muttering out a word of thanks, she found herself surprised at Joel's trust. This was their whole livelihood at the moment, and it was imperative that it be spent wisely.

Despite the warm morning sun, Hachi felt incredibly on edge. Every clink and clatter in the alleys they navigated through sent a chill up her spine. It wasn't as if she expected an enemy to pop up out of nowhere... But was that entirely out of the question? It all came to a head when a stray cat darted in front of Hachi, who shrieked and stamped her foot down, narrowly missing the feline and shattering the pavement instead.

"Dammit," she groaned, deciding to place the blame for her poor reaction on her empty stomach. She stepped to the side, letting someone else take the lead in the narrow alley.

"We should be close. Don't suppose your parents would mind if you grabbed something for us to eat?"

"Hold on, don't actually go in yet. This needs to be unassuming."

Stepping in front of Hachi and Joel, Cameron took the spare key for the backdoor out from his vest pocket, and unlocked it, making sure to slam it closed once (for activation later if need be) before entering. Listening carefully, he entered the storage room on the first floor, making sure not to knock anything over as he made his way to the door. Exiting, he realized that the windows and sign were indicating the store to be open, yet no one was actually at the register. Getting paranoid, he quickly ascended the stairs to find-

"And where have you been?"

Almost falling down the small flight of stairs, Cameron's father was sitting at the small dining table holding a cup of coffee as he went over the store's listings for the month. Sighing, Cameron realized that his parents were alright, and his mother must simply be using the bathroom. Avoiding any windows to the outdoors, Cameron quickly swept himself up the ladder to his room, giving it a quick sweep into his school bag (anything heavier would be unnecessary weight). This included half of his savings (in case they ran out of money ever), a fresh set of casual clothes as well as extra of his school uniform, his personal camera (which he instead just wore around his neck), batteries, deodorant, an extra toothbrush and some toothpaste, two black-ink pens with caps, and his glasses case, with room for some snacks.

Closing his bag and shifting the camera around his neck, he paused, and looked at his dresser. Putting the things on him down, he got on his hands and knees and grabbed the golden arrow that was taped to the bottom of the furniture, but instead of leaving it in his school bag, he put in his blazers larger pocket. It took up the whole space in the blazers storage space, but it would be better to have it actually on him either way.

Hurrying downstairs, his father was in a stunned silence as he rushed over to the kitchenette, and looked for any extra foodstuffs to get for the gang outside. And lucky him, they had a few, including the likes of two boxes of Pocky, a box of Pretz, a box of Kinoko-no-Yama, a sealed bean pastry, a pre-made noodle dish with six Takoyaki balls, some kind of Macha Latte make-it-yourself drink, and three seasoned kelp onigiri balls.

As he was checking to see if he could stuff his bag anymore with some snacks, his father snapped out of his trance.

"Wait a second, I asked you a question? Where are you going with all that stuff? Is this involving the school festival again?"

Frozen in a void with no excuses to make towards his parents, he though quickly trying to formulate a pla- Wait, School Festival? But that was next month, not to mention completely inappropriate for the current situation. Why had his dad mentioned it in a time likes this?

Thinking hard, Cameron realized that exactly two years ago he had packed up and gone to a friends home for about a week while keeping a healthy school schedule to help plan some projects for the School Festival that occurred the next month. It was the perfect come back, if his father believed him of course. He'd have to rely on that fact, though, since there was nothing else he could say that wouldn't make his parents worried.

"Yeah, I'm heading over to Pandora's for a while. I know you guys have that computer inspection job coming up, so I won't be around to bother you while you deal with that. I'll head back over after we finish the project. Bye, dad."

As Cameron descended the staircase, what should have been unassuming and exciting for him, left him with something empty inside that even the three kitchen knives in his pants' pocket couldn't fill. He had lied to his parents, and only even said farewell to his father, his mother busy somewhere else, not realizing she may never see him again. After all, it wouldn't take a week or two to defeat a whole gang, would it? That takes time and patience, and if the four of them played their cards correctly, that's what it would most likely take. These thoughts bounced around his head as he exited through the same backdoor, supplies ready and errands rip for the taking.

"I got the supplies, and the arrow."

Interactions: Resting Witch Face Resting Witch Face Squad141 Squad141 boo. boo.

Hannelore Yonke
Hannelore is unable to find any evidence regarding the night she saw a vampire trying to break in. She hasn't seen a real one in her life besides the fictional ones she saw on television or a book. She knows that they are weak against sunlight which is the only way to kill a vampire. This is one of the hardest investigations that she is going through and with no luck, she is far from losing her chance to prove it right.

She wonders if there are people like her who knows about their existence unless she is the only one who does. The cost of killing a vampire is relevant as it is dangerous for someone to be in a situation like herself. That is not always the case. She is brave, optimistic, and is willing to get to the bottom of the case no matter the consequences. She is the hope for good and the good perish the evil or in other words, vampires.

She later stepped on something hard. A communication device? An earpiece? It looks to be something from a science fiction movie yet it is somewhat close to it. Maybe someone forgot that they left it on the ground for it to be discovered. It is covered in dust but it appears to be in good condition. She is fascinated by how awesome it appeals to her.

She wonders if it works. She did so by pressing the white button on the side which leads to the device being activated. She heard a loud blaring sound coming from the device most likely a speaker. She spoke a word to see if there is someone who can hear her voice.

"Hello? Is there someone who can hear me? Hello?" She asked.

Tapping his foot impatiently didn't seem to do much to impede his anxiety, and Joel couldn't help but keep his eyes peeled the entire time Cameron was in his family's store. After all, this was RIGHT next to the alleyway where they had all met, one of the places that Edmond had stated they should not visit. However, against his paranoia and delusions, Cameron came right out of the store without much incident. He had his supplies, even the arrow, and was ready to head out. Something felt off, but getting a move on seemed to calm Joel down for the most part.

He was surprised. They were cruising easily under the radar of the Black Snakes, right in their supposed kingdom. Joel felt like a spy, creeping around, watching for anyone tailing him and gathering as much data as he could on his enemies. Which wasn't a lot, considering he hadn't seen anyone who even looked like a snake. As he was thinking, his stomach loudly protested, snapping him out of his imaginary espionage.

"So, I say we deal with brunch first, then get to groceries after we've gotten something to eat. Sound good? Cool, because I'm not waiting for you guys." he said nonchalantly, striking up one of his thin cigarettes and walking in the direction of a more restaurant-oriented breakfast cafe, a few blocks from the cafe they had been followed from yesterday. It came into view a few minutes later, a laid back but commercially owned breakfast restaurant sitting in the middle of a busy street. As Joel swung open the door, he offered to hold it open for the others, following them in and summarily being assigned a seat after throwing his half-burnt cigarette on the street.

"What can I get for you all?" spoke their waitress in a bright but shallow tone. She clearly put some effort into appearing cheerful in her day job, but her tired and grouchy demeanor shone through like torchlight through a dark night. Though, she seemed nice enough, holding a pencil to her order book.

"I'll have a coffee, please." Joel said, getting comfortable in his small table chair. "An espresso, actually. Double brewed."
"Sure thing. And for you two?"

As Edmond was looking out of the window, he heard something rather alarming. A female voice asked if someone was nearby. He was startled, but otherwise unfazed. He questioned if it was directed at the house, and therefore him as he was the only person is this house. He decided not to answer. He'd just try to stay quiet until she left. The smell of burning rat didn't do him any favors. Maybe he'd be able to find some air freshener, or some incense later. After all, despite the smell being somewhat normal for him, his allies might wretch upon smelling this stench. As soon as he turned around to silently walk up stairs and search the rooms, the melted half of the rat corpse he was boiling in vampiric essence loudly popped like heated frying oil. He whipped around to look at what had caused the noise, and some of his vampiric essence hit his face. He grunted in pain, and quickly wiped it off. Now realizing how loud he had been, he froze. The woman outside probably knew that someone was in here. No matter who she was, it'd spell trouble. A real estate agent, a snake, even a passerby knowing that this place is occupied would be disastrous. Edmond had to think quickly. He supposed that maybe trying to negotiate with the woman outside the house would be his best bet.

"Yes, I can hear you." He loudly said in response. "What do you need? My hands are pretty full at the moment." He lied. He didn't even know what he set out to accomplish with that fib, but it seemed like a good option at the moment.

Cameron ducked inside the Black Rainbow, leaving Hachi and Joel standing outside, right in the open. This honestly was the worst place they could have come, especially seeing as how everything that had happened to them had climaxed last night, but Cameron had stressed the importance of the golden arrow. But how was the boy going to evade his parents' suspicion? That was a question that puzzled Hachi, although she was sure he could figure it out. He seemed like a smart kid.

A few silent minutes passed, but the seconds were slow. Hachi leaned against the wooden railing that led up the Black Rainbow's back door, her eyes closed but other sense on high alert. There was nothing to be heard but the usual morning sounds; this quiet corner of Tokyo betrayed nothing out of the ordinary. She almost jumped as Cameron bounded back outside, announcing that his "raid" had been successful, and Joel suggested they all get something to eat before setting off on their true errands. Hachi wasn't about to protest; her mother always complained that she thought with her stomach most of the time. Maybe that was true, but in a situation like this, Hachi couldn't have cared less. Food was food, and she wasn't sure how long it would be until her next meal.

Joel led the way to a small restaurant a few blocks away, and its bright atmosphere banished the clouds from Hachi's mind. This seemed the type of place that snakes would never hang around, right? They were all evil, so there was no way any of them would visit a cheery location like this. This flawed logic was enough for Hachi's tired mind. She passed Joel as he held the door open, and they were led to a corner table, thankfully not next to any windows. Who said the snakes couldn't pass by somewhere like this, wishing they could be as delightfully pleasant?

"Uh... Small beef bowl, please." Hachi pointed to the listing on the menu. She didn't usually eat out, but it was Sunday after all. Actually... A crestfallen Hachi put her head in her hands. It was the first Sunday of the month; she would have taken her parents out for brunch. Dammit. Dad's gonna be pissed.

The pressure of a small hand on her own startled Hachi, and she looked over to see a small girl grinning up at her.

"Whatcha doin', Miss Hachi?"

"Kimi?"
Hachi smiled back. This four-year-old was the daughter of one of her coworkers. The smile quickly faded as she realized that since she hadn't shown up to her shift today, it was entirely possible an encounter with her coworker could bring up many undesirable questions, like "Why aren't you at work?" and "Who are these strange men?"

"Go back to mama,"
hissed Hachi, picking up the menu and holding it open so that her face was shielded from the rest of the restaurant.

"But she's workin', and she said I could visit around the customers!"

"Then go visit someone else!"
Of all the places, why did Joel have to pick this one? She hadn't realized her coworker also worked here. Hachi sunk down in her seat and fairly glowed with embarrassment. It wouldn't be awful if her coworker found her here, but it would be awkward, something she wanted to avoid if possible.

"I'll have the Tamago-Kake Gohan, thank you."

Eggs were always good in the morning, if you are on the run. After Cameron had left the shop fully ready to do some shopping, Joel had fully changed directions and brought them to a restaurant nearby with an atmosphere completely opposite of the café from yesterday. There a few more people around eating, the sun was shining brightly outside, and chatting could be heard as general ambience. Cameron took it in, as if he had never joined a group to go against a huge underground crime ring and gang. But he couldn't dwell on that. He had to keep his school, parents, and own life safe, and worrying wouldn't help at all.

"So, where do we start?"

The question may have been abrupt, especially because there seemed to be a small child tugging at Hachi, but it was necessary. They couldn't live off the cuff everyday like this, and their money was limited. They had a temporary headquarters and a vampire that was huge in support, but only at night. They needed a plan. Badly.

"We can't go looking around willy-nilly like this everyday. We need some sort of action to start us off, otherwise we'll be just waiting to get attacked. I talked to Edmond yesterday, and we agreed that I could go to some of my usual locations that I frequent for landscape shoots to people-watch for that neck tattoo he seemed to keen about. Any other suggestions?"

Interactions: Dolches Dolches

Hannelore Yonke
Hannelore has received a response from an unfamiliar voice via a communication device. She is in the right direction. She wonders if she is speaking to the right person. She is unaware of the fact that she is actually speaking to the vampire she saw last night. The voice sounds as if it is a man's voice or masculine. She then responds.

"You can hear me? Great! My name is Hannelore Yonke and I have a question for you! Do you know anything about the vampire from last night? I saw it when I was out jogging and that was when I stumbled upon it. He was trying to break in the building but I didn't want to risk myself from attacking him so I went home for the night. Here I am now at the building from before and I found this communication device on the ground that someone might've lost it. It was dark so I'm sure if anyone saw it besides me or if I am the only one." She explained.

This woman continued to shock Edmond. While she openly admitted that she was hunting him down, she seemed to be completely unsuspecting of him. This seemed in his favor, for now. He hoped to keep it that way. "Vampire? You mean like Dracula? Are you sure you weren't sleep deprived or something? Vampires don't exist." He said to the wall, pretending to be the home's owner. "Even then, you probably didn't imagine a person trying to break into my house, so that's quite concerning. I don't know about your communication device, but you should probably turn it in to the police. Whoever tried breaking in last night might have dropped it, and they might be able to link it to other break ins, you know? Don't touch it that much, though, you might cover all of the would-be criminal's fingerprints." The rat's melting flesh popped again, but this time Edmond was able to shield himself with a plate. He tried to think of an excuse for the ruckus that the sizzling rat corpse was making. "Bacon, am I right? It's might sizzle and pop, but it's a good breakfast item." This, too, was a lie. When he was alive, he hated bacon. His preferred breakfast was eggs and toast with breakfast sausages. Bacon always just tasted like it'd make him fat. "Oh, my bad, I'm rambling. You probably have things to do, so I won't hold you here any longer." He said. He reached for a pan to move around the stove to sell the lie, but right as he did this the mouse corpse's melting flesh popped again, and he didn't react fast enough. He swore very loudly in English, and just realized that his lie was crumbling.

"You'd think I'd learn how to cook this eventually, but no. This always happens." He said, faking pain in his voice. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom to get a first aid kit." He put a lid on the pot with the rat corpse, quietly put the pan on the stove, and left the kitchen. He didn't go to the bathroom, and instead slinked around the wall frame separating the kitchen and living room, completely concealing himself from the window. If this girl stayed suspicious, he had a feeling she'd look into the kitchen, maybe even try to break in through it. He picked the inner side of the wall frame, so just in case she had a stand of some kind and unexpectedly broke through the wall, he wouldn't immediately be killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back