Jizzytown IC

Nowal stared at the lord for a moment, then turned away. What a nuisance. He started strolling around the interior perimeter of the gathered crowd, waving away the dust getting into his face. “While I completely agree with you in that all these people here are morons, I simply cannot discern you logic regarding the princess hunt. You say there is no way we would be able to defeat the dragon. You say we will die the moment we set foot out of here. Yet you want us to say in the town and not even attempt at saving the princess.”

The vampire continued walking along, occasionally bending to pick up a used bolt stuck in the ground. “Why, if you are so certain that we will definitely fail, do you not want us to compete? It could not be that we would drag down the competition, as they would look even better in comparison. It could not be that you have some kind of belief that we participating would somehow discredit you, your family and your ancestors – you do not seem that stupid.” Actually, maybe he was that stupid. But that was beside the point.

Nowal stopped to the left of the lord, exactly ninety degrees away from where he was originally standing, and directly faced the man. “Could it be that you are actually afraid of us? Could it be that you fear Jizzytown will get the princess and claim the reward before you do? Then I propose a challenge. If you defeat the dragon and rescue the princess, then we will admit defeat and return here to Jizzytown, and perhaps pay for your armour. But if we win, you must give us your entire treasury on top of the reward money we will be receiving. What do you think?”

The vampire lazily pulled out a crossbow, loading it with a blue projectile and pointing the weapon at the lord. “Magic-piercing bolt. You have twenty seconds to respond.”

@Idea @Mena @DemetrioMachete

((What happens when a different party gets the treasure))

@IctoraPost

Kuldrath was agitated. Yeth was nowhere in sight. Did he got lost? He got lost, didn't he? A lot of people in the kid's life got lost in daily basis, what's preventing Yeth from getting lost as well? He was running around in circle trying to find a solution for this problem.

"Master! No time to sleep! We have to find Yeth! Pleaaase! He must be going back to town! Let's go back to town!"

The kid grabbed Nokyx by his shoulder and started to drag him away. Like dragging a sack of grain...he was too heavy for the kid's stature, nevertheless the kid did manage to move him a few inch at a time if he tried hard enough.

Actually the kid was intending to go toward the town, but he was dragging Nokyx the opposite way to the town...

@Stormyface

Between the chaos and tension was Yeth, still shadowing John P. Wilson. Even when he stepped forward to address the Lord, Yeth followed behind him like a vengeful ghost. The people didn't dare saying anything about it. It was Yeth we're talking about here, what can they do anyway? Also if Yeth was involved it would be amusing.

Well...he just stood behind him right there, beady eyes blankly staring at the Lord. Sometimes he looked around, to Nowal and Lyle whom he'd met before, and then toward the weirdly-dressed girl with a shuriken on her head.

...no Kuldrath nor Nokyx nor Ronin anywhere...the rabbit man thought to himself. Oh well, there's still this soldier guy. He would just keep following him for the moment.

@Exiled Ace @Idea @DemetrioMachete @Mena @IctoraPost

Ren Chigisa

tumblr_oibf8iVasL1r2fksuo1_1280.jpg

Ren just started giggling at first, earning the stares of the onlookers that were checking out what was all the commotion at the town square. This guy...he sounds like a spoiled brat! She thought, looking at the highly angry and quite frankly pissed off lord. Another person showed up just as Ren was going to speak, he earned himself a "Tch." from her. Idiots should just mind their business at stay out of others. She thought, glaring at the peacemaker of an idiot. "I highly doubt that everyone here will want to attack you, after all you do kinda rule over them. However what self respecting ruler would want his subjects to see him act like a fool in front of the town square over some armor?" Ren said in a mocking tone, reaching for another shuriken from her back. She placed the shurkien next to her thigh, making it out of sight from the others around her. She was having fun here, teasing the lord like this, although she did know her life was also on the line if she took it a tad more for the worse. 

Ren would use the shuriken she had in her hand to attack the lord once more just in case he said anything more about the "idiots" that lived here. "All these people may be idiots or less." Ren glanced at Lyle when she said this but continued. Of course she meant every word she said these people are idiots. "But even idiots deserve a shot at something huge once in awhile. I suggest we all just settle this peacefully out of prying eyes. Will you comply Lord?" Ren sighed, using her other hand to pull up the red scarf that covered her neck. She then placed her hand on her hip, looking slightly irritated again to others around her. 

@IctoraPost

@Idea

@DemetrioMachete

@Exiled Ace

Lyle seemed to withdraw from all the shouting. Big crowds scared him.. his ears were practically ringing. Ren snapped him out of it when she spoke on behalf the people of Jizzytown, against the lord. Lyle had no comments, himself, but he looked upon Ren with sparkling, admiring eyes. She was so cool.. thus was Lyle's first impression of her. He looked away from her after a time; aware that staring was impolite. His attention returned to the lord, eager to hear what he had to say in response.

@Mena

@IctoraPost

@Idea

Ronin packed the camp and grabbed Nokyx's ankles.

"Grab his wrists, child. It won't be very fast, but we'll at least be able to carry him."

Nokyx stirred in his semi-coma and giggled.

"It's like a hammock made of butterflies..."

The party continued into the forest, and subsequently became hopelessly lost.

"It seems your sense of direction needs work." Ronin commented.

A crashing noise could be heard in the bushes. Ronin dropped Nokyx's legs and drew his sword, facing the direction the noises were coming from.

"Who goes--"

A man crashed through the undergrowth and ran past the party, making choking noises and running as fast as his legs could carry him. He rocketed into the wild unknown and was lost in an instant...

A figure in armor crashed through the bushes behind him, panting from running in the heavy material. It looked at the party and drew it's sword, crying out in a feminine (yet tomboyish) voice.

"AMBUSH! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

@Ranix Aurus

((thought I should orchestrate an encounter for once, being the co-GM and all))

Seems his abyssmal direction skill did the work again. They were deeper in the forest, in parts unknown, and the mist were starting to form although it was still very thin...still scary.

"Muu...I'm sorry..." Kuldrath sniffed. By the way. Nokyx was getting heavy so he let go of his wrist, causing him to start falling to the ground. "Ugh, my hand got cramped." He complained.

When the strange man darted out of the bushes, the kid ran behind Ronin, surprised by his sudden appearance. The man went and away, replaced by another weird person in armor. Sounding feminine. Hmm...

"...Interesting..." his eyes were sparkling. Again. As of now that should be a sign of bad luck.

@Stormyface

"I'M ARMED, YOU FILTHY--what you're just a bunch of kids."

The armor lady pushed her visor up. Yep. Definitely female. Blonde elf, too.

"Where'd you get a motorcycle helmet? And a katana?"

Ronin looked down at his equipment.

"Where'd you get a--"

The lady moved a large tubular object slung over her shoulder to the side.

"No idea what you're talking about. Anyway, I can see you're harmless, so I'll just be on my waaaa--unless that's what you want me to think!"

She gets a paranoid look in her eyes and pulls her visor back down.

"Jusswhoindahelldoyathinkiam???" she shouts, her words muffled by steel.

@Ranix Aurus

The kid kept on looking back and forth between the armored female and Ronin. So much new words. And stuffs. Perhaps was a bit too curious.

"Hey, hey, what's a 'motorsickle'? what's a 'cat anal'? what's that big tubular thing on her? Trumpet? Tell me, tell me," he tugged on Ronin's hand, being the closest to him. Not like Nokyx was any helpful at his current condition.

@Stormyface

Last edited by a moderator:
Nokyx twitched.

"A feisty wench! Save me from these heathens, I beg you!"

"No."

Ronin looked at the child nervously.

"Cat anal..? What are they teaching--oh. A katana is a style of sword that utilizes curvature and glorious Nippon steel for slashing--"

"DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST SAY GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL? YOU FORGOT THAT YOU HAVE TO FOLD IT A TRILLION TIMES."

"--and a motorcycle is a two-wheeled vehicle used to transport people. It requires a helmet to be worn in case you fall off."

Nokyx kept struggling and calling out to the lady.

"Are you Nordic? Please, come pillage me!"

"Eww, NO. Nords don't wear plate armor, by the way. And they aren't ELVES."

"You just found it and liked it, I bet! Elves can be Nordic, too!"

This was a disaster.

@Ranix Aurus

"Huh..." the kid just got more questions from the answer it seemed. "What's a neefon? And are you talking about that cart thing we used back home? Why you need helmet to ride that? You must have veeeery bad balance, mister! Not even kids can fall off a cart! Unless the bull got mad and run off uncontrollably..."

...can't explain diamond to a pig...

Meanwhile, the mist around them were starting to get thicker. It was deep inside the forest, after all, with sunlight growing dimmer from the thick foliage even in board daylight. "It's getting colder, mister..." the kid huffed, rubbing the palm of his hands against each other.

@Stormyface

The lady in armor sighs and starts grabbing sticks.

"I guess I might as well camp with you. I don't have anything better to do. Name's Krystal."

Ronin sets Nokyx on the ground and helps.

"I'm Ronin. These two are Kuldrath and Nokyx."

Krystal lights the campfire with a beam of light from her hand.

"What are you doing with a rocket launcher? And how do you know about my equipment?"

Krystal sighs. "It's a really really long story. I'm not even sure I'm allowed to tell it. Divine secrets are involved. Let's just say I wanted to get here. Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let them get their hands on this."

She tightens her hold on the 'rokkit launcher'.

"I doubt they'll be able to load or fire it, but still. What am I forgetting again... oh, yeah."

She holds up a lightning emblem made from some sort of quartz.

"Would you like to hear about our atmospheric overlord, Alagos?"

"MINOR SHOCKS AND BREEZES, PURGE THE INFIDEL GODS, DOLON FOREVER" Nokyx mutters.

@Ranix Aurus

((Spoofing a paladin from a different quest on a different site. She sort of got turned into an elf and pledged herself to the storm god's service))

Kuldrath didn't understand what they were talking about. Actually, it was more likely that they were talking about different things altogether, which would explain why the conversation turned into a jumbled mess. But that's okay, because it was interesting! And now with campfire, it wasn't as cold as before. It's waaarm...the kid scooted a bit closer to the flickering flame.

The darn mist again...it was growing thicker now. A bit too much...the sun hadn't even set yet.

The mist...? Was there someone inside the mist?

"Master, mister, ma'am, look look, over there." The kid pointed toward a shadow in the distance. Or was it nearby? The mist made it hard to gauge. There was a silhouette of someone. A human, judging by the posture. But then, the figure was getting clearer. Not because it was coming closer, but because the mist grew thicker around it.

The mist was accumulating into one place, slowly forming a humanoid shape. A knight in shining armor. "He" was protected perfectly by the shimmering metal, made of swirling, ever-changing flow of mist. His right hand slowly moved toward his waist. A sheath was resting on the belt, from whence he pulled out a sword which was also made of swirling mist.

For a moment he stopped, letting the sword rest on his side. And then, in the blink of an eye, he struck. The mist dissipated, the figure disappearing, and in that same instant his form was recreated right behind Kuldrath, swinging his sword in a downward arc.

@Stormyface

PROTECT THE CHILD.

Krystal leapt into a flying tackle and began doing her absolute best to beat the crap out of the fog guy while angrily reciting the navy seal copypasta.

Nokyx weakly cast wind spells to try and clear out the fog.

Ronin... would like to help, really, but he'd probably stab someone, so he settled for getting Kuldrath and Nokyx out of the way.

@Ranix Aurus

Each strike from the armored lady served only to disperse the fog. The form itself stood still, unfazed by the barrage of attack. Nokyx's wind spell, however, managed to push away the fog, and in turn the creature as well. It seemed the monster was one with the fog.

But the mist was enveloping the entire area, and the wind just managed to clear some part in front of the armored lady. Where Ronin was taking the two was still heavy with fog, and as swift as the wind the creature reformed right in front of him, obstructing his way. Its sword was held on eye level with its tip pointing at Ronin's chest, preparing for a lunge.

@Stormyface

No time to dodge..!

Ronin slashed his sword in a heavy arc, hoping to blow the knight away, or at least disperse the sword.

Nokyx pulled himself onto his feet and began charging a fire spell. Blowing the mist away would be useless. If nothing else, he could set the woods on fire. That'd disperse the fog pretty quick.

Krystal cracked her knuckles and growled.

Need to get him when he's open... too far away for melee...

@Ranix Aurus

((Freaking dex-based builds with their fog teleports))

Ronin's assessment was correct. The mist creature wasn't a fully corporeal form, which made his slash, which produced strong wind pressure, dispersed the creature's body. However, the sword's blade was for some reason materialized enough to meet Ronin's, producing the ever-familiar sound of steel clashing with each other.

The mist stopped moving upon contact. It seems that touching its part which was corporeal prevented him from traversing through the fog.

"Ooo..." the kid, instead of being scared, was fascinated with the magic building around Nokyx. The problem with this fog monster had been forgotten momentarily. "Master gonna try something ridiculous again...interesting!"

@Stormyface

Nokyx unleashed streams of flame which coiled around the trees and combatants, burning away the fog. He then passed out.

This just isn't his day, is it?

Ronin started his Delayed Slash, while Krystal slowly began circling behind the fog knight.

@Ranix Aurus

(3rd person Cinematic)

The lord laughed, and shook his head.

"You think I'm about to believe any of you can defeat me? That you can cast a spell powerful enough to pass through my shield? Come on, I dare you! You little ninja, you got it all wrong. I don't rule over anyone in here. I wouldn't even if given the chance. Who would want this disgrace of a place? You know and deserve less honor than that city of criminals and scum. And yet you defile my family's heirloom, you attempt to enter a competition where you will just drag down everyone else, and you bring hostility to me instead of kneeling and apologizing like you should. If you want this settled peacefully, little girl, then get on the floor and apologize, the get that mayor of yours or whatever passes for a ruler around this parts, and make them contract to repay my armor. Although, if you do you aren't likely to see gold in a few centuries. Do that and we'll settle peacefully. Don't and my shield spell will block any of your pathetic moves and my boot will kick your pride right back up from the bottom that it came from."

The man was clearly on fumes already,  but his armor despite the dents radiated with energy.

@DemetrioMachete @Mena @IctoraPost @Ranix Aurus @Exiled Ace

Lyle mulled over the situation as the Lord spoke. What he was saying wasn't very nice. Especially trying to diss Ren, who was cool in Lyle's eyes. He had no means of penetrating a magic barrier, but by jove that Lord had functioning ears.

"Hey!" Lyle called out, pointing at the Lord.

"...shut up!"

There was a brief pause.. and Lyle picked up his speech.

"You claim this place has a bad reputation, and yet I wager you don't know a single name of these townsfolk! My brother says you don't judge books by their covers, and so what right have you to condemn us!? You a psychic? If you're not, that makes you stupid! Ignorant! I'm going to go and rescue that Princess on behalf of Jizzytown, my friends, and the good of the world, whether your pompous butt likes it or not! Got a problem with it? Come down here and say it to my face!" There was only trace amounts of anger in his voice.. more of it was an outcry of passion. Lyle wanted this adventure, and no amount of talk would have him back down.

@Idea

@Mena

@IctoraPost

There was no need for the other combatants to engage. The coiling flame sent heatwave all over the place, making the mist dissipated bit by bit. The blade contacting with Ronin's slowly lost its strength, before disappearing into thin air. The creature backed off slowly, forcing any mist still present to gather and kept its form intact. There were only its helmet and its right arm left dangling in the air now as its entire body dissolved away.

With the last bit of strength, it pointed toward Nokyx, grunting with its first ever word coming out from its mouth. "K-k-k-killllll..."

And then, it disappeared entirely.

"C-C-COOL!" Kud was tugging on now-unconscious Nokyx's sleeves now, trying to rouse him awake. "Master, teach me how to do that! Master? Hey, wake up? Hellooo..." producing no apparent result in that side, he began to poke its head with his finger.

@Stormyface

Nokyx isn't out cold. That last spell was the final straw.

"The hell kind of nonsense was that..." Krystal muttered.

Ronin sighed deeply and began setting up the tent.

"I have no clue, but we really should sleep. I'd rather not be sleepy in the middle of combat."

Krystal yawned. "Well, my pack horses--I mean, bodyguards were carrying my bedroll, but I guess the ground will do."

She lies down on the ground, using some crushed bracken as a bed.

"G'night."

@Ranix Aurus

((dunno how sleep's gonna work))

Damn. He called the bluff. But the vampire had to keep it up. “Hey, hey. You have no Idea how powerful this Legendary Bolt of Azmoroxenigluscukineriplzgoawaydopewaquentiz is! You will back away if you value your life at all!” Nowal bagan to slowly back away, keeping his eyes stuck on the lord while surveying his surroundings with his peripheral vision. That man was dangerous, even if he was an arrogant first-encounter bad guy. The archer knew he stood no chance, and even if he did, he wouldn’t want to risk it. Only a tenth of the projectiles he had fired had been managed to be retrieved, but that would be enough for now. He could always stock up later.

The ninja, some random guy, and even the idiot boy Lyle had stood up to the enemy. That took some courage he didn’t know any of them had. Except for the random guy. Was that the big furry bunny thing standing behind him? Maybe. Nowal didn’t know who the man was, so maybe he was normally very brave and wait hold on is that a gun why does that guy have a gun strapped to his back where did he get it is he someone from the other world he must be otherwise how would he have gotten that gun or that helmet argh he knew he shouldn’t be all that surprised by this as he was always getting reports of people appearing from that other world but this was the first time he had laid his eyes on one for decades omg Nowal decided to turn and run away before his inner fanboy could explode out.

He headed towards the nearest sheltered place that wasn’t in the direction of the soldier guy – the forest. It was a pretty nice forest, with trees that had branches and leaves, and grass on the ground. The tangled undergrowth posed no problem for the agility of the sprinting vampire, with Nowal getting deep into the forest quite quickly. Reaching a particularly green-leaved tree, he finally stopped and leaned against the rough bark, breathing heavily. He shouldn’t be running around in the sunlight, but the otherworldly man had given him no choice. At least the emerald canopy provided some protection.

And also the mist. The unnaturally thick mist that was blocking out the sunlight. What was this? Some kind of fog monster who gathers mist around it to form a solid body and can only be killed by fire which doesn’t make sense at all because mist is made of water but whatever who cares? Yes. Exactly that. The fog had dissipated and Nowal made his way over to where he had seen the enemy being dispatched and found a group of people. Namely, the Nokyx wizard guy, the long sword helmet guy, and the other idiot boy, all from before in that alleyway. Also someone new in armour, who was lying on a bed of bracken. The vampire could only imagine the discomfort this person was feeling, trying to rest in a full suit of plate armour. He stepped out into the clearing and eyed the helmeted guy putting up a shoddily made tent. Now that he was here, he might be able to do some short stuff instead of making up thick piles of content.

@Idea @DemetrioMachete @Mena @Exiled Ace 

@Stormyface @Ranix Aurus

Ronin tensed and looked behind him. Hey, it was that crossbow guy from earlier.

He put his finger to his lips and jerked his head at Nokyx and Krystal. Might as well try to appeal to dignity before having another fight.

Ronin walked over and spoke in low tones, keeping a hand on his sword.

"We're tired. I'd like to ask you to let us be, if only for a night. I'd also like an apology for that bolt you shot at me, if possible."

@IctoraPost

((must keep the thread going))

@Ranix Aurus

((Not sure if Kuldrath is asleep))

Nowal turned his attention to the helmet guy. Yes, the thread had to go on. "Oh, I am not here to cause trouble. I am simply running away from..." his mind flashed back to that glorious, shiny, extraordinary gun, before he ferociously swiped away the image. "...I am simply wandering around this forest, minding my own business." He glanced over the guy's shoulder. So the armored person and the Nokyx were asleep. Good. The vampire did not particularly want to come into contact with the wizard's idiotic blabberings anytime soon, though it might have been good to know who the new person was. He had a feeling that these people could potentially be a good spearhead for getting to the princess, with him safely behind them, replacing the two he had left behind with the lord and the soldier. So, first things first. Befriendment. "I am terribly sorry for trying to kill you without any good procovation. Please accept my deepest apologies." He bowed low, his scarf scraping onto the dirt as he did so. Hopefully that would be enough.

Oh, and there was that boy here as well. Nowal wondered what he was doing.

@Stormyface @Ranix Aurus

Users who are viewing this thread