• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum Jared's battle Arena for fun.

What should be a threat to unite everyone?

• Total voters
(Hello. Would you happen to have room for me? I have a most interesting character in the form of a man who became a Lich by complete accident.)

A Lich is a spellcaster of some sort, and seemingly always a strong one, who's soul has been placed into an object of some kind, turning it into a phylactery, giving the spellcaster a form of immortality. When the body of a Lich dies, their consciousness returns to the phylactery, and the body will reform nearby. The only way to permanently kill a Lich is to destroy the phylactery. A Lich is often depicted as either purely a skeleton, or having patches of rotting flesh all over their body. While most of the time a Lich is just as evil as they tend to be depicted as, there is not a requirement to be evil to be a Lich.

As for Chaos, I am knowledgeable in regards to it, and Warhammer as a whole for that matter.

Jaredthefox92 Jaredthefox92

Right, so um what would your lich do when it comes into contact with the Ruinous Powers of Chaos? Technically you're asking for undead here, but I'm thinking what would happen when your spirit comes into contact with daemonic entities that would probably try to take it back to the Warp to snack on.

I see, well what would your character do? Currently we have the Chaos cultists, (and Scylla who's becoming one of them), attacking this city here atm.

Right, so um what would your lich do when it comes into contact with the Ruinous Powers of Chaos? Technically you're asking for undead here, but I'm thinking what would happen when your spirit comes into contact with daemonic entities that would probably try to take it back to the Warp to snack on.

I see, well what would your character do? Currently we have the Chaos cultists, (and Scylla who's becoming one of them), attacking this city here atm.

I like that you think about all these details.

Firstly, in regards to coming in contact with Chaos, the first answer is the easiest: the Lich's soul/spirit is in the phylactery, and no Lich with a lick of common sense is going to keep his phylactery on his person or even near him. A smart Lich keeps his phylactery under the dirt that is under the one brick at the bottom floor of the stone tower that has an empty space below it, and makes it seem like the big shiny piece of jewelery in the very top room is the phylactery.

I do have a second possible answer, but I have a question first, in regards to this making sense for this mis-mosh of a setting: if the spellcaster was someone capable of using Divine Magic (stuff like healing wounds, spitting holy fire, etc) when they weren't a Lich, would it make sense for them to be able to *after* becoming a Lich?

As for what my character is going to do, I'll say this:

Ostafle Gedant believes in Free Will, Choice, and Individualism. What Chaos AND Order have done in their wars would be appalling to him, and he intends to defend his home from all invaders.

So basically, your character is a "Necron" to the cult? Like, they're 'souless', at least in person?

Eh, I think that would make them not a lich. As far as I know, lichs are undead souls of those who are either lost, but not damned. That, or they made a pact with some undead being. *cough* Nagash*cough*, or they're a 'not' Tomb King/Necron. I honestly think if you died and you were 'holy', you would go to wherever the Emperor/Sigmar/ good deity would send you. So, as for your lich. I wouldn't say they should be able to do anything holy, as for as I know when you die and you follow a holy pantheon, you want your spirit to rest in a nice place and not wander around the mortal world. Anyways, I would say 'no' as in regards to your lich having 'holy' powers or magic, simply because it defeats the notion of dying and going to a 'heaven' for being pure.

I see, well that sounds nice. However, that is very close to Tzeentch. Free will? Choice? Hope and change? All aspects of this particular Chaos god. Now for your lich, he seems like he would be sort of like a Necron/Tomb King, in that they're 'undead', but not necessarily 'evil'. However, to be a holy character, you really can't be a lich I'm afraid. Since, (and I'm a Christan IRL mind you), if you're a noble person, you want to die and go to a good place. You wouldn't want to wander around like a lich, so I would say necromancy and holy magic don't mix.

So basically, your character is a "Necron" to the cult? Like, they're 'souless', at least in person?

Eh, I think that would make them not a lich. As far as I know, lichs are undead souls of those who are either lost, but not damned. That, or they made a pact with some undead being. *cough* Nagash*cough*, or they're a 'not' Tomb King/Necron. I honestly think if you died and you were 'holy', you would go to wherever the Emperor/Sigmar/ good deity would send you. So, as for your lich. I wouldn't say they should be able to do anything holy, as for as I know when you die and you follow a holy pantheon, you want your spirit to rest in a nice place and not wander around the mortal world. Anyways, I would say 'no' as in regards to your lich having 'holy' powers or magic, simply because it defeats the notion of dying and going to a 'heaven' for being pure.

I see, well that sounds nice. However, that is very close to Tzeentch. Free will? Choice? Hope and change? All aspects of this particular Chaos god. Now for your lich, he seems like he would be sort of like a Necron/Tomb King, in that they're 'undead', but not necessarily 'evil'. However, to be a holy character, you really can't be a lich I'm afraid. Since, (and I'm a Christan IRL mind you), if you're a noble person, you want to die and go to a good place. You wouldn't want to wander around like a lich, so I would say necromancy and holy magic don't mix.

Fair enough for the undead and holy not mixing (although there is a difference between divine and holy because there have been neutral and evil gods in fiction). As for the whole 'You wouldn't want to stick around if you were a follower of a holy pantheon' thing, two things about that: One, he became a Lich by complete and utter accident. Two, there have been times in many forms of media where a hero is denied death and peace in some way, shape, or form in order to do good again by defeating a great evil or defending other people from evil.

But I digress. Time to go with the older idea for Gedant. Elemental magic that utilizes the five basic elements, all sorts of Necromancy, and surprisingly agile knife fighting.

Fair enough for the undead and holy not mixing (although there is a difference between divine and holy because there have been neutral and evil gods in fiction). As for the whole 'You wouldn't want to stick around if you were a follower of a holy pantheon' thing, two things about that: One, he became a Lich by complete and utter accident. Two, there have been times in many forms of media where a hero is denied death and peace in some way, shape, or form in order to do good again by defeating a great evil or defending other people from evil.

But I digress. Time to go with the older idea for Gedant. Elemental magic that utilizes the five basic elements, all sorts of Necromancy, and surprisingly agile knife fighting.

Yeah, let's not complicate matters. I could see elemental with liches, especially ice and wind. However, I'm curious as to how an etheral undead can wield knives. Is your lich physical?

Yeah, let's not complicate matters. I could see elemental with liches, especially ice and wind. However, I'm curious as to how an etheral undead can wield knives. Is your lich physical?
I quite literally put it in the definition of Lich. Most depictions of Liches are physical beings. Including Gedant. A good example of an Etheral Undead who uses a lot of magic would be a Wraith.

Okay, well I suppose I could let your lich in. However, know they're not the strongest around and don't be suprised when one of the Chaos characters maybe a bad matchup for your character. I try to balance this out as much as possible however.

Sure, but know they have a sorceress, and a giant leader guarding their positions. Oh and Festor who's like their healer with a scythe. Going alone is probably a bad tactical idea.

(You see, I recognize your logic in this matter, but you do realize that an enterprising Necromancer is never alone, right? Especially considering that Gedant has been around for a long time.)

A slim figure began walking towards the Chaos Army from the city, a black haze rising wherever their feet had just left the ground. It seemed to be wearing a kilt, wooden geta, a green shirt with an image that could not immediately be made out, and a brown coat that only had to top button fastened, with neither of the figure's arms through the sleeves, causing it to flow behind him like a cloak or a cape.

In its right hand was a staff. A tall rod of metal that had an old-fashioned silver lantern hanging from it. There was no glass, and a flame could be seen roaring from within the lantern.

The figure pressed its free hand against its throat for a moment, his fingers glowing as he spoke, the magic amplifying his voice so that the entirety of the Chaos Army could hear him.

"Leave and never return, or die and serve as an example to anybody else who'd like to try and take over! This is the first, final, and only warning I will give you."

(You see, I recognize your logic in this matter, but you do realize that an enterprising Necromancer is never alone, right? Especially considering that Gedant has been around for a long time.)

A slim figure began walking towards the Chaos Army from the city, a black haze rising wherever their feet had just left the ground. It seemed to be wearing a kilt, wooden geta, a green shirt with an image that could not immediately be made out, and a brown coat that only had to top button fastened, with neither of the figure's arms through the sleeves, causing it to flow behind him like a cloak or a cape.

In its right hand was a staff. A tall rod of metal that had an old-fashioned silver lantern hanging from it. There was no glass, and a flame could be seen roaring from within the lantern.

The figure pressed its free hand against its throat for a moment, his fingers glowing as he spoke, the magic amplifying his voice so that the entirety of the Chaos Army could hear him.

"Leave and never return, or die and serve as an example to anybody else who'd like to try and take over! This is the first, final, and only warning I will give you."

(I actually have a necromancer of my own: wanda_by_mrdaywhea_dcoa77z-fullview.jpg. However, Scylla is worth far more than fifty zombies or skeletons, alone by herself. Also, they're calling in forces from the other world. So, going at it by yourself still is a very bad idea. )

"Who the heck is that? Scylla said as her massive ear twitches and she turns around for a moment."

"Seems to be an annoyance, Scylla. I'll send Festor to deal with it. Focus on covering our artillery!" Monica shouted up to her as Scylla was blocking the fire from the building with her massive figure as the hellcannons fire soared over her head.

Monica tapped into her psychic power and summoned Festor to slowly move towards the sound of the voice. Soon the sight of a skunk like female wielding a rusty scythe, leaving a trail of slime, and with tentacles moving and twitching out from her back would be seen moving towards the figure.

festor_nile_the_skunk_2019_by_jaredthefox92_dcw1h3w-pre.png

The glow of the figure's fingers lessened, and when he spoke next, the only one who could hear it was Festor. "So you are the one they send to deal with me? How unfortunate for you. Pestilence and rot does not frighten me."

The figure removed his hand from his throat, and at this point, Festor could get a good look at him. His skin was paler than what was naturally possible. His iron-grey hair was tied into a ponytail that barely reached his shoulderblades. The coat was obviously armored on the inside, with metal plates having been inserted between the layers. His wooden geta were actually padded on the inside. His green shirt had a picture of himself getting tackle-hugged by a woman that was wearing a cross between a knight's armor and a magical girl outfit. The letters above and beneath it spelled out 'First Date: Success.'

(Yes, this is the most oddly dressed spellcaster I have ever made.)

"Plaaaaaaaaguuue forrrrrrrrrrr theeeeeee plaaaaaaaaaaaguuuue goddddddddd." She responded as she lifted up her rusty scythe, if the lich had any supernatural sense, it may or may not feel that the weapon in her hands perhaps was concealing a daemon inside of it, a lesser fiend of Nurgle.

She appeared to not even heed this, perhaps because she looked so sickly, or perhaps she just didn't have anything of feelings about his attire. She of course, looked like something out of a horror story, yet here she was. Still, she lifted up her rusty scythe weapon and twirled it in the air with both hands. Was she trying to show some sort of intimidation, or was she doing some sort of battle flex while she was able to spin around the blade above her, almost like a rottary blade, all the while laughing slowly, and coughing.

"Embraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace Paaaaaaaaaapaaaaa's loooooooooove" she stated to him.

Last edited:
"Here's an idea: I'm going to not do that, and instead, I'm going to turn you and that scythe of yours into my next research project."

The man stabbed his staff into the ground, and it sank until it was beneath the ground, causing a circular barrier of blue fire about the size of a tennis court to surround the two so that others would have a difficult time intervening.

"I am Ostafle Gedant, Champion of Kary, the Goddess of Necromancy, Balance, and Free Will. You will find no victory in my home."

At this point, Festor could probably make out what Gedant had on his left arm and right hand. On his right hand were three rings. Beads were wrapped all over his left arm, starting at the wrist and ending just before the elbow. All of these objects emanated significant magical power.
The ring on his index finger was of gold, covered in jewels of all sorts of different colors. They were in the base of the ring, so removing them was not an option.
The ring on his middle finger was made of a metal that was not immediately identifiable, and it had three spikes coming out of the top that were constantly showing small flashes of electricity between them.
The ring on his ring finger was of steel. Celtic vines were etched out of it.
The beads on his left arm were round and made of stone. They all seemed to have a symbol carved into them. The string holding them was impossible to see.

(I'll just let you know what these all do so that there aren't any surprises. The beads are storage for magic and crumble once they are used up. They are each worth a small fireball. The gold ring acts as a channel for spells that would otherwise require he hold specific jewels and gemstones. The spiked ring is an artifact that reduces the cost of electrical spells and allows him to zap people by flipping them off. The celtic ring is a defensive tool that prevents other beings from affecting his mind or controlling his body.)

(Big post incoming.)

"Foooooolllllllllll" She simply replied as she got into a battle stance while stopping her twirling of her scythe and got into slowly moving towards him.

"I ammmmmmmmm Fesssssssssstorrrrrrrr Niiiiiiiiiiiillllllllle, Soooooooorcerrrressssss offffffffff Nurrrrrrrrrglllllllle." She said, seemingly unfazed at the magical barrier.

However, Instead of advancing any further. She merely slowly began to laugh. The barrier itself could be useful to her, if it was enclosed. If not, well the foe would have to potentially have a gas-mask as Festor instead offered a small hym before unleashing her natural skunk musk, only this would be enhanced by the putrid blessings of the plague-father. Soon the very air around her would permeate with rancid combination of spray and Nurgle's foul stench. The battle would be in her favor, the longer it was drawn out. As she need not worry about suffocation, or her own putrid odor, as well as the affects of the Great Unclean One that it would have on anyone around her. This gas was not only revolting, it was unholy and would spread around spreading Papa's mark upon the area around her. That, and it also would make it hard for her to be seen under it like a thick green fog.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, the giantess fox who was tanking the fire and covering the Hellcannons would soon slowly began to change while the battle was going on. While unknown to herself, who's massive head was staring at the city while trying to be a living wall of defense for their Hellcanon artillery, her aid would smirk as upon her chest would glow a vile violet mark. Sure enough, the mark of Slaanesh was to be bestowed upon the titaness vixen. Suddenly and without warning, the blasts would not only become tolerable, but pleasing. With each shot from the defender, her senses began to open up more. Soon she began to enjoy the pain, however, other oddities would transpire as well. Her tongue began to become elongated and serpentine. Soon her nails would slowly grow even in the midst of battle as they became like talons, and her natural vulpine like tail began to shape and morph into something akin to a scorpion's tail. While this unnerved her and startled her, soon Scylla's brain would be filled with all sorts of sensation, unnerving and yet pleasant feelings as her senses would increased, and the pain from the blasts became warped and joyous to her brain's chemistry.

"Good, Scylla. Keep guarding our forces, our guns shall lay waste to the foe!" The feline in the armor said, noticing that the transformation due to her "help" in augmenting Scylla was taking place.

(OOC: Festor is unleashing Nurgle's Miasma of Pestilence: Chaos Psychic Powers - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
, while Scylla has received the Mark of Slaanesh and is undergoing mutation.)

Last edited:
Gedant had a shit eating grin as he tapped his nose with a pair of glowing fingers, disabling his sense of smell.

"Heh, so this is that Chaos shit? Good. I always was curious why Milady warned me to never visit that section of the universe. Now I know why. You people look like most depictions of Hell got busy with an adult website's 'Furry' tab."

His expression then grew stone-like. "In all seriousness though, I've dealt with all manner of folk. As for where you stand...you aren't even on the top fifty."

Gedant drew a pair of identical knives from within his coat. They resembled a mix of an Athame ritual knife and a wooden handled boot knife. The blades were both nine inches, with the whole of the knife reaching fifteen inches. He wielded the knife in his right hand overhanded, and the knife in his left hand was being wielded underhanded. The blades of both knives became coated with purple flames that slowly dribbled off and fell to the ground like saliva, being constantly refreshed. The flames on the ground did not spread, but they burned with very obviously supernatural intensity and heat.

(Demonic Napalm- While not literally demonic or napalm, this spell gained this name due to its effects being comparable to low-intensity Hellfire. The flames cling to anything but metal, and especially to living flesh. While possible to put it out without supernatural means, it is very difficult to do so, although substances made to put out fires do help more than water or dirt or sand.)

(Sidenote: I'm not saying your characters suck, Gedant is taunting Festor to try and make her fight rashly)

(Okay, I'm going to point out a few things.)

1. I don't really like that you can just randomly disable your character's senses, for some apparent reason.

2.The cloud of decay does far more than just smell. She's filling the air with raw Chaos energy of Nurgle and decay. Granted she is immune to this herself, because of her patron deity, but I'm pretty sure the corrosive effects would not be 'I can disable my nose and be fine'. We're talking some really powerful stuff: Death Guard Sorcerer , I maybe wrong, but I know that even Space Marines in their power armor are capable of succumbing to Nurgle's plagues and clouds. Then again, the actual results may vary since she's using an spell and not just stinking up the place with her skunk musk. )

3.Define Hellfire, do you mean warpflame? Because if you're going to use the word 'hell', you're going to need to be more specific. Considering that she worships a god of death and eternal suffering, I don't think the Abrahamic view of "hell" would be applicable here, now if you're meaning some very intensive magical fire spell, that's another thing. However, for anything resembling Warpflame, I'm going to have to once more state that would be more of a Chaos thing she could do herself.

4.Please don't type phrases like "shit eating" in this RP, I cannot take it seriously if you do. On an OOC meta perspective, you can use phrases like that, but it honestly sounds sort of silly to say that in the middle of a battle between some sort of zombie psychic with a big daemon blade who just emitted corrosive gas everywhere. Please, try to RP professionally and avoid E-slang. I highly doubt a undead lich would talk like some 19 year old teenager. Any phrase or refernces to the internet is sort of looked upon as breaking the immersion. Please refrain from the use the context of the RP in a meta-perspective such as this.

5. Your character cannot be undead, and from another universe. That makes little sense, undead would be on the world they died, this is not the afterlife currently. So yeah, your character cannot be undead, and have their remains in another place entirely. You have to have your character capable of being defeated, as does everyone. I get your character's soul is protected someplace else, but in another universe where they basically would be technically immortal? That's sort of unfair for all parties in this RP, including other members here.

6.Taunting her won't work, considering that she's basically zombiefied. You can sure try it, but don't expect my character to act upon it the same way.

(If you're not serious, I'm going to have to kick you from this RP. Sorry, but this was going very well until you came along. Please change these accordingly, the RP was going rather well and since I'm back from college until August, I want to continue this. Others were doing good, don't ruin this for everyone, please. I'll give you a chance to fix these simple mistakes, but please try to iron these stains out. )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back