• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Jade Mountain Academy {Wings Of Fire RP; Sign-Up Thread}

GrayDiscipleOfYeet

This is basically going to be "Fire Emblem: Three Houses," but with dragons. The students at Jade Mountain Academy have an enemy in their midst, who has big plans for Pyrrhia. And, of course, the young dragons all have to band together to stop them. Not without going through the wringer, though.

Rules:
1) Please be able to write three detailed sentences to a paragraph; It wouldn't hurt if you had good grammar.
2) Give a heads-up if you're going to be inactive or leaving the thread.
3) It would be nice if you have both read the Wings Of Fire books (at least up to the second half of the series) and played Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
4) Since I know how hard it is to find or make art, I will gladly accept written descriptions of your characters.
5) The limit is one royal dragonet and one animus for the winglet.
6) Please give your characters names that fit with their tribe. Absolutely no human names.
7) You may have more than one (the limit is five) main characters.

If you have read these rules and understand them, write "Dragons" on your sheet.

Students:
Copper Winglet (1/7):
IceWing (0/1):
MudWing (1/1):

Heron {@WitchAndWerewolfLover}
NightWing (0/1):
RainWing (0/1):
SandWing (0/1):
SeaWing (0/1):
SkyWing (0/1):
Gold Winglet (2/7):
IceWing (0/1):
MudWing (0/1):
NightWing (0/1):
RainWing (0/1):
SandWing (0/1):
SeaWing
(1/1):

Lagoon {@WitchAndWerewolfLover}
SkyWing (1/1):
Flame {@FlameAriiDrayceon}
Jade Winglet (1/7):
IceWing (0/1):
MudWing (0/1):
NightWing (0/1):
RainWing (0/1):
SandWing (1/1):

Prince Mamba {@WitchAndWerewolfLover}
SeaWing (0/1):
SkyWing (0/1):
Quartz Winglet (1/7):
IceWing (1/1):
MudWing (0/1):
NightWing (1/1):

Brilliantmind {@WitchAndWerewolfLover}
RainWing (0/1):
SandWing (0/1):
SeaWing (0/1):
SkyWing (0/1):
Silver Winglet (1/7):
IceWing (0/1):
MudWing (0/1):
NightWing (0/1):
RainWing (1/1):

Princess Quetzal {@WitchAndWerewolfLover}
SandWing (0/1):
SeaWing (0/1):
SkyWing (0/1):

Sign-Up Sheet:
Name:
Winglet:
Royalty(?):
Special Abilities(?):
Appearance:
Personality:
Sexuality:
Crush(?):
History:
Other:

My Characters:
Name: Lagoon
Tribe: SeaWing
Winglet: Gold
Royalty?: No, but he's a bodyguard to the princess
Special Abilities: No
Appearance:
Lagoon The SeaWing.png
Personality: Lagoon is a loud, playful dragonet. He has fierce respect and loyalty towards the royal family, taking his job as covert royal guard very seriously. He loves his friends and family with all his heart and will go to great lengths for them. Unfortunately, he rushes into situations without thinking.
Sexuality: Straight
Crush: He has one on the SeaWing Princess
History: Lagoon was born to the SeaWing couple Tide and Conch. Tide, his father, happens to be one of the royal guard, so when his son was old enough, he'd bring the little dragonet along to the palace. He even earned the privilege of being early playmate to the SeaWing princess.
Other: Dragons

Name: Mamba
Tribe: SandWing
Winglet: Jade
Royalty?: Yes
Special Abilities?: None
Appearance:
Mamba The SandWing.png
(Picture him with black eyes instead of blue)
Personality: To be blunt, Mamba is not a nice dragon. He's a bully who believes in "might makes right." And while, obviously, he cannot become leader of the SandWings, he's still prideful about his position as prince of the Sand Kingdom. He's the epitome of a middle child who resents his two siblings. However, very deep down, he has the potential to become a better person.
History: Mamba and his brother were the first two eggs laid by Queen Acacia, although his brother was the first one to hatch. His childhood was a comfortable one, aside from not getting much attention from his father, Fennec, while being coddled by his mother and aunts. Later on, he gained a younger sister, the official heir to their mother.
Crush: Open/Will develop

Name: Quetzal
Tribe: RainWing
Winglet: Silver
Royalty?: Yes
Special Abilities?: None
Appearance:
Quetzal The RainWing.png
(She often experiments with her scale colors, making pretty combinations. She loves to adorn herself with flowers.)
Personality: Quetzal is a bubbly dragonet who gladly wears her heart on her scales (Figuratively and literally). She has a lax attitude when it comes to interacting with other dragons, both in and out of her tribe. She has a kind heart and truly seeks to help others. However, she is horribly naïve and could be easily manipulared.
History: Quetzal is the daughter of Queen Paradise and royal consort Orangutan. As an egg and a very young child, her mother carried her around in a sling. Compared to most royals, Quetzal's upbringing was pretty casual. She played and went to school with other, non-royal RainWing dragonets.
Sexuality: Bi or Pan; Either way, she ends up liking male and female dragons

Name: Heron
Tribe: MudWing
Winglet: Copper
Royalty?: No
Special Abilities: She hatched from a blood-red egg, so she is fire-proof
Appearance:
Heron The MudWing.png
Personality: Heron is a pretty average dragon. She's happy and loves hanging out with her friends. She's also incredibly booksmart and outspoken. However, she's a bit self-conscience about being from the Delta area of the Mud Kingdom.
History: Like most MudWings, Heron does not know or really care who her parents are. For most of her life, she and four of her other siblings were cared for by their Bigwings. They lived a fairly nice life in the poorer region of the Mud Kingdom, near the Diamond Spray Delta. She is the second oldest of her troop, behind her Bigwing brother.

Name: Brilliantmind
Tribe: NightWing
Winglet: Quartz
Royalty?: No
Special Abilities?: No
Appearance:
Brilliantmind The NightWing.png
Personality: Brilliantmind is a bubbly "absentminded genius" type. She'll happily talk about anything and everything if she's asked. She absolutely adores those she calls her friends and firmly sticks by their sides. She's very expressive in her actions and emotions.
History: Brilliantmind is the daughter of two regular NightWings, her father Longclaw and her mother Midnight. She was not an only child, having one older sister and a brother who was born beside her. While they both loved her, after the death of their older daughter, the two mates split up. And while she and her brother live with their mother, she still visits her father once in a while.
Sexuality: Straight, but could be questioning
If you want to make your character(s) related/connected to my character(s), go ahead! I'll even leave you some openings.

Other Threads:
RP Thread:
*COMING SOON*

Plotting/Chat Thread:

Last edited:
Name: Flame (Currently going by HeatSeeker.

Tribe: Rain/Sky (primarily; there is some distant nightwing blood that influences the darker colors)

Royalty(?): Nope.

Special Abilities(?):
-Their fire is akin to kerosene, and the activator stings upon being touched, much like rainwing venom diluted to 10% with water.
-Having been from a line of firescales (they skipped every other generation), Flame has incredibly fire-resistant scales, but no other oddities.

Appearance:

Lithe and light, Flame is the definition of a high-speed flier, with colors built for stealth and a penchant for melting into shadowed corners. They're primarily a dark, pale red, though with black underwings and accents. There's a teardrop scale beside their eye, but it's gold instead of white. Their tail is long and prehensile, strong at the base in such a way that allows them to hang from it. Their teeth are also more rain-wing aligned with their wings all-but pulled directly from a skywing, large and long with a distinctly swift-like shape.

Flame's spines end at the base of their neck, for a reason no one can really figure out, but otherwise look like normal skywing spines.

Personality:

Mostly, it can be summed up by the words "Look upon my field of which I grow my fucks and see that they are barren." Flame gives no shits. They hate other dragons in general with few exceptions, they are a vicious racer and even scarier in day-to-day life, doing their best to radiate "fuck off" energy and generally succeeding. It doesn't help that they're usually covered in soot from attempting to make an explosive.

They're very closed off, not trusting anyone or anything with any information whatsoever because—honestly, they've had their fill of dragons in general. Their mild performance anxiety always has them refusing people's requests to do anything close up. The only thing they can do without fear is racing because of how fast they're always moving and how far away everyone else is.

Flame's racing persona, dubbed "Sev", is a grade-A bastard. They're cocky, rude, and know exactly how to get under other racers' skin. Sev is also part of Flame's defense mechanism; one of their walls while simultaneously being an offense against their own internal fears. Sev is confident; a mental barrier to keep Flame's anxiety at bay.

The only one spared from this pissy attitude—also the only one able to get Flame to do things—is Jet.

This sounds a lot like I'm contradicting myself, I know; I'm trying to explain it and failing miserably.
Here's a better one

1611784612482.png

Sexuality: Ace/Aro

Crush(?): N/A

History:

Flame was born to a couple of well-off merchants who decided "yeah, no, we don't want this" and proceeded to drop them off at a tiny mountain village near a lake. Flame had never been close to their parents, and honestly saw them more as DNA donors. Having never formed an emotional attachment, they weren't exactly beaten up about being dropped off, but they didn't really... like the thought of being under someone else's authority again.

So, they wandered around alone for a bit, hiding out in the forests for a time... a time being until they realized they didn't know how to hunt and their skinny ass wasn't going to survive in the woods alone.

So they took to stealing, filching anything of value or anything edible they could. They stayed that way for a month before they ran into a tall, imposing dragon by the name of "Jet Kadoshi" who—quite literally—picked them up by the scruff and hauled them off to get cleaned up because "I'm sure your parents would appreciate having their child returned without dirt and blood covering their face".

Well, there were no parents to be found.

So he took them in and—honestly—let them wreak havoc on his sleep-schedule, considering the fact that Flame slept only when they were drop-dead tired and tended to wake up in fits of nightmares.

They took to racing as soon as they learned to fly properly, learning how to make quick turns, speed up, read winds, and fly in turbulent areas. They developed their own style of movement, always maximizing air-time, even in tight spaces.

When, in the colder months, racing died down, they took to experimenting, messing with some of Jet's flammable materials for fun. They'd occasionally alight one of their wings, but they never got hurt too bad.

Other:
-Gets cold really easily
-Likes watching fire.
-Fire is a red/white color
-Hit and run tactics.

I'll draw them as soon as I get my grubby paws on my drawing tablet

Quotes:
TBA

I give up on WoF style dergs.

I cannot with Joy Ang's art xD too different from mine.

So, in the mean time

Flame v12 Ventral.png

The marking's a tatoo

Can I join? If so, my character is named Nightswimmer. She's a NightWing SeaWing hybrid. I read earlier that hybrids are okay. She grew up near the ocean, so she can take up a SeaWing slot I suppose. She is shy, fierce, and smart. She's also very insecure. She is Queen Coral's secret daughter. Her father is Mastermind.

Attachments

• untitled_drawing_by_shadowstormadopts429-dd74dyz.png
    untitled_drawing_by_shadowstormadopts429-dd74dyz.png
    862.2 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back