• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Jörmungandr: The World Train - A Steampunk RP - ClOSED

Mykinkaiser

Literally the worst
train-1507351035090-285.jpg
August 9, 1902

Mary,

I could scarcely believe my eyes when the train rumbled into view, it was far larger than I could have even imagined. Everyone always talks about Jörmungandr but the stories seem always to be greatly exaggerated. I can now say, having laid my own eyes upon it, that they are not. Its wheels alone stand many stories tall and standing beneath it I should think it evening when it is noon given how it blocks the sun. The carriages are topped with farms and greenery, and the sides with countless windows and hatches. The rumbling that emanates from this mighty vehicle can be heard for miles. It is truly a work of engineering that no others rival.

I shall be sure to send you many letters and drawings, photographs as well when convenience permits to document my travels to come. I hope these shall keep you abreast of my endeavors and aid you in staving off loneliness until we can again meet.

Yours faithfully and with all my heart,

Edward Kallich

- I N F O R M A T I O N -

CLOSED

OOC | LORE | CHARACTERS

GM - Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser

This RP will be set on Jörmungandr, a massive train the size of a large city that circles the world. The world itself is an original creation of mine.

I plan to begin it starting in the new year, and I'll be adding lore pages in the meantime. As such, feel free to ask me any question and to make any suggestions you want. I can't promise everything will be implemented, but it will at least be considered.

Jor12.png

At present the playable races are:
- Humans
Human.jpg
- Jotnar (Frost Giants)
Jotunn (2).jpg
- Valkyries (All female winged race)
Valkyrie.jpg
- Alrami (Desert Elves)
Alrami.jpg
- Malchin (Small herders)
Malchin.jpg
- Clockwork Dolls (Sentient Automatons)
Clockwork Doll.jpg

Last edited:
This sounds really cool. Like a giant cruise ship, but on land. Not sure if I can maintain my excitement for such an idae for an entire month, but this definitely looks interesting.

This sounds really cool. Like a giant cruise ship, but on land. Not sure if I can maintain my excitement for such an idae for an entire month, but this definitely looks interesting.
I can understand that, I can't start it any earlier due to school unfortunately.

Ummm is this like steampunk meets norse mythology…. O_O
My two major areas of expertise, yet sounds pretty odd mixed together, but Im still in.

oh my, I hope I can make myself stick to this then…
(I always promise I won't be discouraged by the fact that I dislike discord, find it confusing and forget to check it, but it often happens :D Because I dislike it, and forget to check it. And find it confusing.)

oh my, I hope I can make myself stick to this then…
(I always promise I won't be discouraged by the fact that I dislike discord, find it confusing and forget to check it, but it often happens :D Because I dislike it, and forget to check it. And find it confusing.)
I'm happy to provide whatever help I can, I just find it much easier to run an OOC there rather than here

I'm happy to provide whatever help I can, I just find it much easier to run an OOC there rather than here
For me it's just overwhelming cause I have about ten pages I have to check daily and then some of my rps move elsewhere, my live roleplay group makes something on a totally different page, my band decides to work in some sort of shared space that I haven't previously used, some work related people want me to install skype and Im just like PLS NO MORE, NO MORE. :D and start flunking out of some pages and forgeting I was ever there. But Ill give it my best try.

For me it's just overwhelming cause I have about ten pages I have to check daily and then some of my rps move elsewhere, my live roleplay group makes something on a totally different page, my band decides to work in some sort of shared space that I haven't previously used, some work related people want me to install skype and Im just like PLS NO MORE, NO MORE. :D and start flunking out of some pages and forgeting I was ever there. But Ill give it my best try.
You're also free to send me messages on here if that's easier for you, though the discord is definitely where the heart of the OOC is

You're also free to send me messages on here if that's easier for you, though the discord is definitely where the heart of the OOC is
I'll be there but I kindly ask you to message me here and kick my butt if I'm not delivering. That will help immensely.

This is still early days, but I'm going for a rebellion on the train, pitting the lower class workers against the rulers of the train.
Sounds fun, it could be a powder keg for a bunch of really cool stuff. Betrayal, alliances, exterminations. 🤔

I'll join the discord tonight,but I got finals bearing down on me for the next week. But after that I'll toss my two cents in.

Oooh. This sounds really interesting. I'd love to join this and make a clockwork doll. I absolutely love steampunk.

Oh ;; oh my gosh -- what a cool concept?? That art is so gorgeous and I love the thought of something so fantastical as this ;w;
If you guys ever open, I would be delighted to join in

The train has got to have its own cultures, subdivisions, countries even, or maybe factions -- an entirely separate classing system, maybe currency-- oml ;; some people would spend their entire lives on the train, being born and working until they die
What do the outside people think of the vast and strange separated world of Jormungandr?
How are classes separated? What or who decides if a person or family is rich? What materials and resources are valuable and coveted? How cut off are these people from those who live in the outside world? Is there an entire regime-like structure that exists in the train unbeknownst to outsiders? Are casual travelers allowed, and if so are there separate compartments/places for them so they don't get involved or see the inner workings because if they understood what was happening there would be a riot--
kdfkdjfkdjsfjs sorry :'))))

Oh ;; oh my gosh -- what a cool concept?? That art is so gorgeous and I love the thought of something so fantastical as this ;w;
If you guys ever open, I would be delighted to join in

The train has got to have its own cultures, subdivisions, countries even, or maybe factions -- an entirely separate classing system, maybe currency-- oml ;; some people would spend their entire lives on the train, being born and working until they die
What do the outside people think of the vast and strange separated world of Jormungandr?
How are classes separated? What or who decides if a person or family is rich? What materials and resources are valuable and coveted? How cut off are these people from those who live in the outside world? Is there an entire regime-like structure that exists in the train unbeknownst to outsiders? Are casual travelers allowed, and if so are there separate compartments/places for them so they don't get involved or see the inner workings because if they understood what was happening there would be a riot--
kdfkdjfkdjsfjs sorry :'))))
Thanks for the enthusiasm! I'll make sure to @ you when it reopens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back