Other I've started writing a comic book using the Sims 4

LightNS

I haven't seen this done a lot, so I'm surprised that it isn't a bigger thing considering I've seen a lot of Sims Machinimas and such. A few days ago, I was playing the Sims 4 , and as I was getting bored with the game, I was going to start doing my usual routine and making a model and taking a lot of photos. For some reason, an old story I was meaning to write for NaNo came to mind and then I thought, why can't I use the Sims to illustrate a comic. Now I'd used this iOS app before called Clip2Comic that switched photos into comic book style. I decided to use it on the screenshots of my Sims that I took, and they actually ended up looking pretty decent.I'm of course not planning to sell anything, but it's pretty fun setting up my Sims into comic book panels and finding another way to tell a story.

So what I did is I downloaded a hell of a bunch of poses for the Sims 4 (I will credit the creators at the end of the comic book), and using Andrewposeplayer I set up my sims the way I want them to look. Then I started snapping my screenshots (making sure Headline Effects were off and using the Sims 3 camera). Once I had my screenshots, I ran them through Clip2Comic on my iPad and transferred them to my computer. Then I used BeFunky to edit them into panels and add text. It's a pretty easy process, but it is a bit time-consuming. In my opinion, the ending product does make it worth it though!

Ex1.png
Ex2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back