• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ιт'ѕ α вєαυтιfυℓ ∂αу ιи тнє иєιgнвσянσσ∂! ➤ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Hey all,

I just wanted to drop in and say hello! I aim to work on my CS shortly, but I did have a question. I'm assuming that all families have been in the neighborhood long enough to know each other? Or at least, know of each other? And if that's the case, would it be acceptable to have pre-established connections, histories, and relationships with the other residents? That's something I'm more than happy to work out with anyone willing to do so, but I wanted to check if that would be alright first. :xFsmile:
Yeah that's fine

I hope my character is ok! Tried to go off the other two family members and what was already written for them. Let me know if I need to change anything or if anyone wants to plot with my girl Serena

I am up for plotting with any of my characters!
Well, I know that Serena is going to have a kind of love hate thing with her mom Lydia. She knows she’s trying to do what’s best for her but she also kind of resents her for not being around for her and Alice. I reckon cause her mom is always out working, Serena naturally picks up the slack on chores too

Then for Cathy with Amelia: Cathy feels really guilty that she can’t spend more time with her daughter, but she doesn’t know how to stop focusing on her work life. Maybe they used to be close when Amy was very little and her mom used to be a housewife during the first few years

I'm up for Valentine being friends with Serena, and they might even go to the same school

Well, I know that Serena is going to have a kind of love hate thing with her mom Lydia. She knows she’s trying to do what’s best for her but she also kind of resents her for not being around for her and Alice. I reckon cause her mom is always out working, Serena naturally picks up the slack on chores too

Then for Cathy with Amelia: Cathy feels really guilty that she can’t spend more time with her daughter, but she doesn’t know how to stop focusing on her work life. Maybe they used to be close when Amy was very little and her mom used to be a housewife during the first few years
I'm actually thinking that they have a housekeeper, that's one of the reasons why she is semi-okay with working so much is because she feels like she's providing things like that for her children. So I don't think there'll be too many chores, but she probably does have her look after her sister a lot.

Amy is probably is a fairly easy child, but I think that she misses spending time with her parents because she is an only child and struggles with how to best handle the situation. I don't think she feels like she can tell her mom that she wants her to spend time with her. Maybe not directly, maybe she goes around it to finally let her mom know how she's feeling

Hmm... I wonder if that could even be a point of contention between Cathy and my character (Michael). If he feels that she's not spending enough time with Amelia? It's also somewhat ironic considering that he is obsessed with work in his own way. I'm still trying to piece everything together, but I imagine he is somewhat protective of their daughter?

What were your thoughts on their overall marriage? I'm inclined to say that they get along relatively well - at least, at the start, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. :xFsmile:

Hmm... I wonder if that could even be a point of contention between Cathy and my character (Michael). If he feels that she's not spending enough time with Amelia? It's also somewhat ironic considering that he is obsessed with work in his own way. I'm still trying to piece everything together, but I imagine he is somewhat protective of their daughter?

What were your thoughts on their overall marriage? I'm inclined to say that they get along relatively well - at least, at the start, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. :xFsmile:
Yeah I definitely think it would be contentious between them, but I feel Cathy would be sick of pointing out that Michael is also a workaholic 😂

She probably thinks he holds things against her, but in general I reckon they work well as a team and get along rather well. Maybe they’ve known each other since teen years or something so they understand how to talk to each other.

I also want everybody to know that as long as the drama stays in the role-play and not in OOC I don't care how much drama or what kind of drama you guys make as long as it stays with TOS I am A-OK with it!

Sean is going to be the nosey neighbor who spies on others and has an on-and-off relationship with everyone, but he is also sincerely kind and doesn't have any rivals particularly except for an inept hatred for the Saunders'.

Ji-yoo is on fairly good terms with everyone except for the Lynton's who she thinks should have less children due to the small space of the cul-de-sac.

I'm up for rivalries and friendships for any of them

Yeah I definitely think it would be contentious between them, but I feel Cathy would be sick of pointing out that Michael is also a workaholic 😂

She probably thinks he holds things against her, but in general I reckon they work well as a team and get along rather well. Maybe they’ve known each other since teen years or something so they understand how to talk to each other.

Ooo... yes, I like that!

After all, you can't have a healthy marriage without the occasional spat or disagreement. 😅

Sean is going to be the nosey neighbor who spies on others and has an on-and-off relationship with everyone, but he is also sincerely kind and doesn't have any rivals particularly except for an inept hatred for the Saunders'.

Ji-yoo is on fairly good terms with everyone except for the Lynton's who she thinks should have less children due to the small space of the cul-de-sac.

I'm up for rivalries and friendships for any of them
If Cathy knows Sean is that one nosey neighbour, she’d definitely be suspicious of him but in a good natured way. Although she really doesn’t like having a bad public image in any way lol

I think she would see Ji-yoo as a very sensible woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back