Anime & Manga It's time to duel! (A Yu-Gi-Oh discussion thread)

Flip Jester Boy

Professional Shitposter
so, i've been here a while, yet i've yet to see any yugioh rp's in the lists. I was just wondering if anyone else here plays/watches yugioh

Last edited by a moderator:
I've watched most of the series and I've got quite a few theme decks as well. I prefer the original series and cards before the whole synchro summoning thing. XYZ cards are cool though because of the fact you can use any card rather than a specific card (like tuner monsters).

well, there are some XYZ monsters that require certain materials as well, i.e. Cyber Dragon Infinity which needs two LIGHT Machine-type monsters

I don't really have much to say xD  I had the Dragon starter deck that I played almost exclusively, and was pretty bad at the game :P  Like I said nowadays I only have a rudimentary understanding of how it works.

Oh, jeez, scoob. Well, here's a general breakdown:

• Synchro Summoning is a method which requires a Tuner monster and then one or more non-tuner monsters. You send them to the grave to perform said Synchro Summon to summon a Synchro monster from the extra deck represented by a white background. (The extra deck replaces the old Fusion deck)
  • XYZ Summoning is a method which normally requires two monsters of the same level. In order to XYZ summon, you overlay, as in, place them on top of one another, and place an XYZ monster on top with the same number of ranks on top of the overlaid monsters now known as XYZ materials. Note that  XYZ monsters have Ranks instead of Levels.
  • Pendulum summoning is the newest summoning method which is a bit more complicated. It all starts with what's known as Pendulum Monsters, cards that are half-monster, half-spell, which are found in the Main Deck. In order to perfom a Pendulum Summon, you activate two different Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones, two new zones on the field on the left and right of the spell/trap and monster zones. Pendulum Monsters are activated as Spell cards in the Pendulum zones, and each Pendulum Monster has a scale value associated with it. Once you activate two pendulum scales, you can then perform a Pendulum Summon. When you Pendulum Summon, you can special summon any monster whose level is in between the two scale values of the cards in the pendulum zones from your hand or Extra Deck face-up onto the field. For example, if your scale values are 3 and 6, you can Pendulum Summon monsters whose levels are 4 or 5. A note about Pendulum Monsters: If they were to be sent to the Grave from the field, they are instead sent to the Extra Deck face-up.

Oh, jeez, scoob. Well, here's a general breakdown:

• Synchro Summoning is a method which requires a Tuner monster and then one or more non-tuner monsters. You send them to the grave to perform said Synchro Summon to summon a Synchro monster from the extra deck represented by a white background. (The extra deck replaces the old Fusion deck)
  • XYZ Summoning is a method which normally requires two monsters of the same level. In order to XYZ summon, you overlay, as in, place them on top of one another, and place an XYZ monster on top with the same number of ranks on top of the overlaid monsters now known as XYZ materials. Note that  XYZ monsters have Ranks instead of Levels.
  • Pendulum summoning is the newest summoning method which is a bit more complicated. It all starts with what's known as Pendulum Monsters, cards that are half-monster, half-spell, which are found in the Main Deck. In order to perfom a Pendulum Summon, you activate two different Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones, two new zones on the field on the left and right of the spell/trap and monster zones. Pendulum Monsters are activated as Spell cards in the Pendulum zones, and each Pendulum Monster has a scale value associated with it. Once you activate two pendulum scales, you can then perform a Pendulum Summon. When you Pendulum Summon, you can special summon any monster whose level is in between the two scale values of the cards in the pendulum zones from your hand or Extra Deck face-up onto the field. For example, if your scale values are 3 and 6, you can Pendulum Summon monsters whose levels are 4 or 5. A note about Pendulum Monsters: If they were to be sent to the Grave from the field, they are instead sent to the Extra Deck face-up.

Wow. That's, uh, a lot to take in. Especially the pendulum thing.

So there are new fields, huh? And the fusion deck is gone? O.o

I feel so old-school xD  

well, the Fusion Deck became the Extra Deck after the introduction of Synchros in the 5 D's era. Basically the Extra Deck holds all Fusion, Synchro, and XYZ monsters.

@Not Drunk Just Clumsy you should watch the latest series, Arc-V. it's really good.

well, the Fusion Deck became the Extra Deck after the introduction of Synchros in the 5 D's era. Basically the Extra Deck holds all Fusion, Synchro, and XYZ monsters.

@Not Drunk Just Clumsy you should watch the latest series, Arc-V. it's really good.

Ohhh, I see. That makes more sense. So I take it Fusion summoning still works the same?

(Not that I ever actually used it, or Ritual summons for that matter, since I never had the cards for either >.<)

Yes, Fusion Summoning still works the same way, though there is another version of Fusion Summoning which isn't exactly counted as fusion summoning known as a Contact Fusion, where instead of using cards like Polymerization, you instead tribute, banish, or shuffle back into the deck the materials listed on the Fusion monster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back