• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~It's Time for a Vacation!~ (IC Thread)

MadiRaiCat

Wine Aunt
Roleplay Type(s)

Hawaii

giphy.gif

1e0ec3dd-683c-4cbd-85ba-0d0ed907709f.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_n652jlqePU1s3a0dgo1_500.gif

code by pasta

tenor.gif

Interest Check | Character Sheet | OOC Chat

Congratulations!

You, along with 9 other people, have won an all-expenses-paid trip to Kaua'i, Hawaii for the ENTIRE SUMMER!

The only catch? You have to live with these 9 strangers in a five-bedroom condo on the beach. You may be only 20 yards from the ocean, but you'll sleep 10 feet from your roommate every night. You can room with whoever you like, and yes, co-ed rooming is allowed! Just be careful ;)

The rp starts with your character arriving at the beach house and meeting everyone.

Rules
1) This roleplay will be based around summer, meeting new people, creating relationships, and having an amazing time!
2) Be descriptive please. I do require 1+ paragraphs, five or more sentences each.
3) Write third person only please!
4) Post at least once a day.
5) No controlling other people's characters without their permission. That's just rude.
6) Fade to black if necessary
7) Follow all RPN rules
8) Have fun!

PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL I GIVE THE GO AHEAD.

Spots:
1. Roxanna Marie Hayes ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )
2. Riley Summers ( neverbackdown neverbackdown )
3. Sophia Rivers ( BishPlz BishPlz )
4. Marnie Bridger ( Wonder Woman Wonder Woman )
5. Skylar Hansen ( laybaeby laybaeby )
6. Isaac Luis Silvergate ( Noivian Noivian )
7. Walter B'Brien ( Monster Lady Gay-Gay Monster Lady Gay-Gay )
8. Wesley John Scott ( F Flash100yarddash )
9. Dante Reyes ( two two )
10. Leo Adair ( Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha )

Here's where you will be living...

ft_54aace1c4e013.jpg
Living Room

ft_54aace1d6d3aa.jpg
Kitchen

ft_54aace1e969ea.jpg
5 Bedrooms with adjoined bathroom.

99b2a41d9d3fe1057544698b64998cb8.jpg

giphy.gif
Beach-side five bedroom condo with swimming pool and hot tub

ft_54aace1b4b6d8.jpg

code by pasta
commercial-outdoor-bar-beach-setting_zps61df85fc.jpg
xOutdoor Poolside Bar

game-room-design-ideas-pictures-zillow-digs.jpg
Game Room

OA17-Pacific-Outdoor-Living_Outdoor-Architecture_12.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.966.644.jpeg
Outdoor Seating and Fire Pit

Last edited:

Roxanna Hayes

tumblr_mihl2ouPvF1qgr092o1_500.jpg

Roxanna stared out the window of the bright yellow taxi cab, looking out over the ocean as they speedily drove past down the beach-side road. Roxie leaned back in her seat and shrugged, crossing her arms over her chest. It wasn't the first time she had seen the ocean, but it had never been as beautiful as this before. The taxi finally stopped outside of what appeared to be some sort of tropical mansion. Roxie paid the taxi driver silently, grabbing her suitcase and her duffel bag before stepping out of the cab. She had never seen a house this big, let alone been inside of one. Overall, it was intimidating, and Roxanna felt her chest tighten in slight panic. Nevertheless, the brunette girl took her luggage and pushed through the front door, which was left unlocked. The inside of the house seemed large than the outside, with rooms to spare and an entirely stocked fridge and bar. None seemed to have arrived yet, so Roxie quickly tossed her things into the closest bedroom before grabbing a beer from the fridge and moving to stand outside by the pool

Once outside, Roxie twisted the cap off of the beer with the crook her elbow and took a long drink. Alcohol helped calm her nerves, and she was definitely going to need it if she was going to introduce herself to nine complete strangers. Roxie smiled softly as she looked out over the ocean, sitting down the beer to light a cigarette. If only her dad could see her now, he might be proud of her. Putting herself through school to be a zoologist, living on her own and working to pay all her own bills. After her stepmother threw her out on the streets, Roxie was homeless for a few months. But she picked herself back up and got a job, lived in a few half-way houses, and finally saved up enough money to get her own studio apartment. And here she was, standing on the back deck of a beach-side condo in Hawaii. Taking the last few drags from the cigarette, Roxie grabbed the beer and walked back inside, leaning against the couch to wait for more people to arrive.

4b7286570af2c766e7c0d187b67c7a31.jpg

tumblr_inline_myv7bpuqHY1spa8qc.jpg
Code by JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Last edited:
IMG_0773.JPG Wesley Scott

Wesley had taken a nap almost as soon as he sat in the seat of the taxi. He hadn't slept a wink when he arrived on the plane. He was too excited he kept having to find something to do to keep him from becoming bored during those hours, but now that he was here he calmed down and sleep caught up with him. He was still in a bit of shock he had actually won this trip. It was on a bet and he actually won. Even if it was gonna be filled with strangers he love meeting new people and this was was gonna be more interesting than any he has had so far in his life.

He woke up from his nap as the just pulled up to the property and if he had ever saw a more beautiful house he would have died right there on the spot. He paid and thanked the driver as he got his suit case and backpack out of the car and as he heard the driver pull away he just stared at the house and chuckled and as he thought to himself that he was the luckiest son of a gun to be alive. Finally he moved to the front door and as he opened the door he noticed a woman sitting on the counter so he knocked on the door to announce himself and said with that old southern draw," Excuse me you wouldn't happen to be one of the other Winners are you?." He then chuckled as he came inside and stopped on the other side of the counter saying," Hi there I'm Wesley. Most people just call me Wes though." He smiled at the woman as he stuck his hand out to her. Noticing the beer he added ," Wouldn't have another one of those would ya barkeep."​

Marnie Bridger
IMG_8855.GIF
Marnie showed up filled with nerves but also a fair amount of excitement. She was on such an amazing vacation in such a beautiful place, she just was a little less keen on the 9 strangers she was going to be staying with for the next 3 months... hopefully they'd be nice... or at least not mean. Once the girl got to was looked to basically be a mansion she grinned brightly, shyly paying the cab driver before heading inside with her bag, glancing into the first room she saw and biting her lip seeing there was already a bag there and deciding to opt out of picking a room just yet. Maybe she would manage to get semi acquainted with someone before the day was over, that would make it easier for her to room with someone. Taking another breath the girl moved to the fridge, smiling once she say the fruity coolers she loved to drink when she was sober (harder stuff comes in when it's harder to taste it), she then closed the fridge deciding to clean up real quick in he bathroom before drinking anything.
When she returned she jumped at the sight of the two people who were now in the kitchen. "S-sorry" she mumbled with a gentle and nervous smile before she made her way to the fridge to get out a cooler, her cheeks turning a slight pink with her monetary embarrassment.
(Interaction: MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat F Flash100yarddash )

Last edited:
Skylar Hansen

9900770.jpg

Skylar stood outside, staring at the house in awe. It was just as huge and as beautiful as she had expected. Her hands swiftly reached for the small camera she always kept in her bag for occasions like this. In an instant she had pulled it out, taken a picture, and returned it to her bag without reviewing the quality of the picture. The quality wasn't the point; she just needed to capture the memory of the moment. With a hopeful smile, she entered and reviewed the interior room by room. Deciding on a room was top priority, but she wasn't necessarily picky about that. Slowly she waltzed past each room, but ended up picking the last room which appeared unoccupied at the time. She threw her bags down with a sigh, wondering what this trip had in store for her. It would be interesting to meet random people, again, but she was used to that feeling since she had transferred to a college in America. Honestly, all she needed were people who were up for fun and adventure and she'd be content with this trip. After deciding on a room, she adventured on to the common area where others had gathered. She glanced between the them as she sat down at one of the island stools. "Hey, my name is Skylar or Sky for short," she chimed in.​

Leo Adair

upload_2017-6-19_23-42-29.png

▼▼▼

Waking up was quite hard for Leo since his friends had stopped by last night to throw him a going away party. It obviously got a little out of hand seeing as how he woke up on the floor with a pointed party hat on. Leo pushed himself up into a sitting position while running one hand through his now tangled locks, his eyes took their time opening up before he realized what day he was. He quickly leapt to his feet and ran to shower to prepare to leave. It was a relief that he had done all of his packing the night before so all he did was quickly throw on one of his many animal themed tank tops, a pair of loose pink shorts that complimented his shirt, and his black/white vans. He gave one final farewell to his home after putting his damp hair into a messy bun and taking one final shot in his California residence.
The trip to the house itself was relatively easy since he sat in the back seat listening to music that came from his noise cancelling headphones. Leo wasn't even aware that they had finally arrived until the driver kindly tapped on his shoulder. The closer he got to the grand house, the more excited he became and wasted no time in entering the house. His hazel eyes took in everything around him before heading off to find a room to place his stuff. After going over his belongings, he headed towards the sound of voices. Everyone seemed to be gathered in the kitchen and Leo welcomed them with a bright smile, "Glad to meet my new roommates, I'm Leo and I hope that we all have a lot of fun while we're here."

code by pasta

Walter found it too hot for him, as he stepped out of the taxi. The place was amazing, there was a beach so close. He won, amazing, cause he never wins anything. He had just flown the 11 hours from Auckland to Hawaii. 'That flight was God awful' He muttered to himself as he walked into the building that he'd be staying at for the next few months. He walked in and breathed deeply 'here goes nothing'
After he'd decided on a bedroom, he walked outside, avoiding all visual contact with people, and walked to the edge of the property, and looked out at the view. it was mesmerizing, but now he wanted to meet people and decided to walk back towards the people. "Hey I'm Walter, or Walt for short"

IMG_0773.JPG

Wesley Scott

Wesley looked around at the group that had formed and did a quick head count and including himself there were six people so they were still missing four more people. He chuckled and said," Well it is nice to meet all of you and might I say this is looking to be a pretty interesting group so far if I do say so myself." He then went around and grabbed a few beers from the fridge for anyone who wanted any and after popping the top off on the edge of the counter he took a good swig of the ice cold drink before he noticed that he was the only one with his stuff with him. There was only 5 bedrooms so that meant they had to double up. This cause him to Stifle a laugh. "Hmm seems like I'm the only one who still has there luggage so with me so I'm guessing I'm the first one that has to bunk with someone." Then just to mess around he added," So who wants to room with the redneck." He then put on a smart ass grin.

As he took another swig of the beer he began to think of who thought that only giving 5 bedrooms was okay. He didn't mind to bunk at all regardless of who, but still not every place was perfect, but this place was pretty damn close. Then an idea came across his head that might make there first night there pretty fun, but he'd wait until everyone got there to bring it up beside it this was there place. So maybe I'd be best to do group votes.

Walter looked around at everyone in the room, 6, including him. He overheard someone saying something about bunking 'hell no' he thought, but then again, he better go say hi. He saw someone who wanted to talk to. "Hey, i'm Walt from New Zealand, lovely place isn't it?" He asked this guy who looked to be his age. He looked nice and straight. Even if he was straight it wouldn't matter, 'people are people, live and move on' He thought. "You know, I'm the head of road safety in my country, plus I'm a flight attendant. So what are you?" Walter asked in the gayest voice he could pull.
Interaction: F Flash100yarddash

Marnie Bridger
IMG_8800.GIF
Marnie watched as the group grew to 6... only 4 more left... she then watched as the man with the southern accent began speaking opening her mouth to speak but decided against it. Watching as a man with another accent spoke to him with an added tone she had defintiey heard before with all of her years experience in dancing and the arts. She again wanted to try and talk but in a room with people who didn't seem to be all that shy it was pretty difficult, though they all seemed semi friendly so far. The dancer chewed on the inside of her cheek and smoothed out her dress before she then glanced back over at the door where her plain best up suitcase sat. Guess she was gonna get put with someone sooner rather than later... by with how this whole talking thing is working out for her right now she might struggle a bit to make any friends on this trip let alone before they went to bed that night.
IMG_8862.jpg
(Mentioned: Monster Lady Gay-Gay Monster Lady Gay-Gay F Flash100yarddash )

Last edited:

Roxanna Hayes

Roxie was about to respond to Wes when another few people entered the house. The panic that was building in her chest at meeting all of these new people increased, and she shrunk back to the bar portion of the kitchen. She would need something stronger if she was going to face these people. Roxie grabbed a tumbler from the cabinet and a couple of whiskey stones from the freezer before pouring the Kentucky bourbon into the glass. Taking a sip from the glass, Roxie crossed back over to the group and took a deep breath. "Hi everyone, I'm Roxanna, but please, call me Roxie," she said loud enough for all to hear, her Midwestern accent showing through. Her tone was a bit stoic, she didn't know these people and she wasn't about to trust them.

Having to bunk with someone would prove to be hard for Roxanna. She never had to before, and she certainly didn't feel comfortable rooming with someone she just met. Everyone came from different backgrounds, and she briefly wondered if anyone had a past like hers. Roxie took another sip of bourbon, savoring the flavor before looking around the group once more. They all seemed like decent people from first impressions only. Roxie knew she probably looked like a bitch with her resting bitch face always on. She didn't try to be mean or like intimidating, it just sort of happened. Shrugging the thought away, Roxie asked the group, "Does anyone want a mixed drink or something? I'm a bartender back home."

tumblr_mamm4toTSr1rf6s11o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0773.JPG

Wesley Scott

Wes chuckled at the guy know as Walter as he put on his little gay show. Wes said," I'm just a construction worker and no I'm not gonna sing YMCA for any of you." With that he grew a smart ass grin on his face. When the Roxanna girl came back even though he just finished a beer his hand shot up saying," I'll have whatever your making there Roxie. I guess I was spot on when I called you barkeep. I might be a bit of an alcoholic."Wes was really just trying to keep the mood light cause he could sense the awkwardness with everyone so he was trying his best to break the ice. They were gonna be stuck together for three months might as well have get all the awkwardness out of the way and probably in doing so he has led them to believe he is an alcoholic and a chatter box. Everyone's favorite combination. So to keep the mood light he then asked the group," So our resident barkeep made me wonder so where are all y'all from anyway?"

Skylar Hansen
9900770.jpg

Skylar observed the ambiance of the room, noticing everyone seemed pretty friendly at first glance. All of them seemed to make conversation well except for one of the girls. She noticed Marnie always attempting to say something, but refraining herself. She assumed she was just a more reserved person than the rest of them, which wasn't always a bad thing. "Hey, do you want to share a room?" she asked the girl, thinking it was better to find a roommate now than later. Everyone so far appeared keen on drinking and she didn't want to be the one randomly paired up with a drunk person tonight. She glanced from Marnie to Roxie, who looked like a tough girl on the outside. It was the tattoos and resting bitch face which led her to that conclusion. But in all honesty, she didn't think she'd be a tough person at all. It was hard to say. Either way, she couldn't pass up a free, handmade drink. Her hand shot up as she volunteered to receive a drink. "Can you make me your favorite drink, please?" she asked. She hoped everyone else would arrive soon and they could get the real party started. It'd be much more easy to express herself, if she had a bit more alcohol in her body. It was awkward to hear everyone's different accents all in the same place, especially since they didn't know a thing about each other. Luckily, one of them was talkative and started up a group conversation. "I'm from London, England," she spoke up. "I've lived there practically my whole life, but I moved to America recently for college studies," she finished, smoothly.
( Interaction: Wonder Woman Wonder Woman MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Last edited:
Marnie Bridger
IMG_8854.GIF
Marnie was taken back as a British girl approached her and asked her if she'd want to share a room, the quiet girl giving her a small smile as she spoke. "Y-yea ok sure." Marnie then watched as the girl who she believed introduced herself as Skylar turned her attention to the girl offering drinks. She seemed a bit hardened bury from subtle gestures Marnie could see what almost appeared to be nerves. Could a girl like that be nervous? Being so quiet made Marnie a bit of a wall flower, being able to watch and see the details. As Roxi offered Marnie raised an eyebrow, she was definitely gonna need to knock back something a bit stronger if she was gonna be able to talk to all of these people without freaking out. Her eyes then moved to the eccentric southern man, not being able to hold back her giggle at his exciting, playful air, biting her lip before stumbling out. "N-New Yor-ork" keeping her answer as short as possible so she didn't embarrass herself with her stutter.
(Interaction: laybaeby laybaeby F Flash100yarddash
Mentions: MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Roxanna Hayes

Roxie nodded at the wide array of responses about drinks, smiling slightly. She loved being a bartender and showing off tricks, but decided to play it cool for now. Moving to the fridge, Roxanna grabbed lemon juice, lime juice, then poured both into a pitcher with water and simple syrup. After stirring that all together, Roxanna grabbed the bottle of whiskey and pour a bit into a shaker. She filled the rest of it with ice and the homemade sour mix before shaking it quickly over her shoulder. Finally, Roxie split up the Whiskey Sour beverage into a few glasses, garnishing with a lime wedge before pushing them to the end of the counter. "Whiskey Sours for everyone."

Roxie down the rest of her whiskey before pouring the remainder of the cocktail in the shaker into her glass. "I'm originally from a farm in Winfield, Kansas, but I moved to Lose Angeles to go to college," she replied to Wes, taking a sip of her drink. She wasn't really offended by being called a barkeep. Back in the club she worked at, she had been called much worse. Roxanna tilted her head, recognizing Wes's accent as being somewhat similar to her own. "You sound like an Alabama or Kentucky boy," she commented with a slight smile.

Interaction: Wes ( F Flash100yarddash )

tumblr_mamm4toTSr1rf6s11o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
"Hey now, I didn't want you to YMCA for me." Walter replied "But you as a construction worker? I couldn't see that" Walter saw someone handing out drinks "Hey, Barkeep. Two things, one can I have your name, and two, can I have a beer?' He shouted over people. He turned back to who he was talking to, "I never caught your name". He looked around as he asked that, he never knew the true beauty of the place he was staying at, it looked amazing. he looked at what the guy was wearing, nice clean clothing, he was fit, so he could be a construction worker.
Interaction: MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat F Flash100yarddash

image_2ba241eb.jpeg
Riley had be leaning against the window of the Taxi for most of the taxi ride there, however when they began to pull up to the property, Riley jumped up in her seat staring at the mansion in awe. This was going to be some trip, especially if this is where they were staying. Riley paid the taxi-man before getting out of the car and grabbing her luggage. She had a feeling she was late, traffic had been ridiculously bad and while her mother warned her to go early, Riley as per usual didn't listen to her and slightly regretted it. Riley stood at the door for a good five minutes or so just staring at the house, she was nervous about meeting all this people and was even more worried about the fact that she could be the only one left to arrive. Taking a deep breath, Riley stepped forward and opened the door. When she heard voices coming from a room, Riley decided to just find a room later as she didn't mind where she slept, the priority at hand was meeting the people she would be living with. Riley left her bags near the front door and followed the sound of voices into the kitchen (?) . She couldn't wait to run around this house and check out all it had to offer but for now she was going to seem a least a bit normal. As she approached the room she could hear they were all still at the introduction stages of the conversation, she sighed with relief realizing she wasn't overly late.
"Hi all" She said happily as she walked in to join them.

Walt turned around and saw someone new, so he decided to say hi, "Hey I'm Walter, and you are?" She looked nice. "I'm from Auckland" She was wearing what everyone else was wearing, nice clean clothes. She looked kind and caring. But fabulous at the same time
Interaction neverbackdown neverbackdown

Last edited:
image_2ba241eb.jpeg
. Riley turned to face the man who had spoken to her. She repeated the name Walter in her head a few times, hoping she would remember later, she wasn't very good at remembering names but usually if she used this technique she could. "Hi Walter, nice to meet you, I'm Riley" She grinned " I'm from LA, but Originally from Ireland, which explains the accent". She noted his accent and smiled "Auckland is in New Zealand right?" She questioned, hoping she was right, Riley was never very good at geography and the last thing she wanted to do was make an idiot of herself after just arriving here.

Monster Lady Gay-Gay Monster Lady Gay-Gay

"Your right, Auckland is in New Zealand, and I'm also originally from Ireland. Riley is a nice name, I've been to LA, the city never sleeps am I right?" Walter asked with the NZ/gay tinge. Riley did look nice, and she was an Irish lass, even better!! But, she had what no-one else here had, other than the guy he'd talked to earlier. "I'm a flight attendant with Southwest, but I'm on leave for a, what is your job?"

image_2ba241eb.jpeg
. Riley couldn't help the relieved smile that took over her face, thank god she was right about New Zealand, although she couldn't have been too wrong, he did have the accent. Her eyes lit up when he said he was originally from Ireland "Oh where abouts? Im from Dublin" She added, he had clearly lost any sense of an Irish accent and so she couldn't guess where he could be from. "Oh that sounds cool, do you like it?" She asked him. "I'm a waitress in a small diner back home"

Monster Lady Gay-Gay Monster Lady Gay-Gay

"I just happen to be from Cork, and Dublin, amazing city" Walter liked Riley, and he had the sense that they would be great friends. "So what do you like to do in your spare time? and a small diner in LA, doubt it! Mind you, I've only been in LAX so it doesn't count." He chuckled at the joke "I feel like we could be great friends!"
neverbackdown neverbackdown

hi
DANTE REYEZ
7_zpslwaa2xf2.jpg
Interacting with: EVERYONE
Outfit:

THE BEGINNING
"Don't discover too many treasures while i'm gone alright?"

Dante joked as he picked up his scuba diving papers from behind the counter. Yesterday after his last underwater tour he forgot to take them home with him, luckily he had some time to pick them up today. "We definitely will." One of his colleagues and close friends, Sam, replied. The two always made fun of discovering treasures, but believed in finding one some day though. When Dante had everything he needed for this trip together, he decided it was time to go. "Adiós guys, y cuídense!" Dante said as they all had said their goodbye's, then he stepped into the car and drove off.

During the ride he started to wonder in what kind if situation he would end up this time. Kauai wasn't a place you'd visit regularly at all. And even Dante hadn't been to the island before even though he had lived in many different countries. He got pulled back to reality a while later when the car pulled up on the driveway of the huge mansion. "Damn..." Dante mumbled to himself as he stepped out of the car to get his luggage. He swung one of his bags over his shoulder and made his way in. This was going to be amazing. The hallway seemed to be empty, some bags here and there but no sign of human life. He dropped his bags in the corner, rooms didn't seem to be chosen yet so, and followed the sound of people talking. They all seemed to gather in the kitchen. For a moment he just checked out everyone that had arrived already. "Hello everyone, I'm Dante. Nice to meet you all!"

(sorry i'm a bit lost in who's where and talking to who)

image_2ba241eb.jpeg
. "Ah Cork is lovely, I've only gone once or twice there sadly and Yeah I love Dublin". Riley smiled "I like exploring new places and drinking, Im a bit of a functioning alcoholic" She joked, although she wasn't really joking, Riley really did drink a lot but she was young and saw no harm in it. Riley decided in that moment that Walter was a nice guy, he was easy to talk to "I think we will" She agreed with him.
Riley turned to face the door when she heard someone else speak up "Hi Dante" She repeated his name in the hopes that she would remember it as well. "I'm Riley, it's an amazing house isn't it?" She commented.

Monster Lady Gay-Gay Monster Lady Gay-Gay two two

Leo Adair

▼▼▼

Leo had taken in all of his surroundings and all of the new people that he would be living with while a large grin remained on his face the entire time. He made sure to be able to match their faces with their names and enjoyed the great mood in the room. His happiness grew even more when he found out that there was a bartender amongst them. Leo took notice of the different accents that he'd never before in person and was even more excited that he won this opportunity. After watching everyone mingle, he realized that he had strayed off by himself so he walked up to the newcomer who was currently talking to the girl named Riley, "Welcome to the party mansion, my name is Leo. Nice to meet you."

(Interactions: two two neverbackdown neverbackdown

code by pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back