• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [Closed] It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Urban Fantasy)

VioletVi

Perpetually Going Thru It
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Interest Tags: Romance; Slow-burn; Urban Fantasy; Vampire; Comedy; Holidays; Drama; Angst;
Edited on: 2/12/23

acaf55d63c81afa3566c5a672bf5646f4096b335.gifv
Season's Greetings!
Hello, my fellow roleplayers! I'm VioletVi. She/Her, Central time zone. I enjoy video games, reading/writing, music, anime, and so much more. Glad to see ya! I'm seeking a partner (only one!) for an urban fantasy roleplay. I'm looking for someone casual to advanced lit who doesn't mind a hiatus or two...or more. LGBTQ+ friendly. Non-fandom. Adventure, comedy, romance, drama, angst.

Still interested? (I promise I'll get to the fantasy bit!) Phew! Keep reading for more details below!
tumblr_static__2048_v2.gif

tumblr_n5janysQIz1rtwdrro1_500.gifv

tumblr_ngm5ntq1vH1u0xqxco1_500.gifv

4a97b61867f866765e377567f22791d80342f7c2.gifv

4b74931ec0c39a5dbed77912b1f66ab322c6fca5.gifv

99f67623b321414508c6213c30795b2f660a7c34.gifv

83caacff64b8f429b9572ce83a8a675f50dac9ad.gifv
I don't know what it is, but there's something about the holiday vibe I love for a roleplay setting. This year, my November/December was so crazy that I didn't get to scratch my Christmas roleplay itch. It's crept into 2023 like a bad ex, and I'm looking for a partner who might not be burned out of the holiday spirit to write something that may be a tad cliche with me!

It's Thanksgiving. My character, this being her first major holiday after a big breakup, is forced to seek out a fake date online for the big family dinner. Putting the ad on craigslist, the only bite she receives after weeks of looking is from your character. So, out of options, she pays them a handsome sum to play the part of loving partner. Wanting to show her family that she's 'totally fine' and has 'definitely bounced back!' (healthy and normal, right?), she thinks this plan is the perfect one. Unbeknownst to her, YC is a vampire with their own plans. To both, Thanksgiving is supposed to be the one-and-done event for their agreement, but what happens when unexpected sparks fly? Better yet, what happens when YC learns MC has a penchant for getting herself into sticky situations with other fantastical creatures in the city? Maybe Thanksgiving isn't as one-and-one as they both thought.

This would be an urban fantasy world where humans don't know there is a wide array of creatures all living right under their noses. Those creatures also take precautions not to get caught so they can live in (mostly) peace.

I'm looking for someone to play a male, female, or non-binary opposite of my female character. I would also like it if my partner could help me flesh out the plot more than the brief idea I had so that it can feel more like ours. I find these types of starters can sometimes grow stale for my partner once the wonder of the setting wears off, so being able to plot a more complex story will be necessary!

Requirements for my Partner
Be 18+. I'm almost 30, so this is my preference.
Close to matching my post length (Novella-style preferred)
Be able to plan with me!
Have basic grasp of grammar and spelling. I'm the queen of comma splices, so I am not asking for perfection.
Post frequently, 3+ times a week (when we aren't on hiatus—See below)
This is counterintuitive to the above, but be patient with possible spans of quiet. My job is hella busy, and I suck at setting boundaries (thus missing my xmas rp in 2022). I also travel a lot for it, so there will be occasions when I'm not online to reply. Please be patient with that; I will extend you the same courtesy.
All site rules followed.
BBCode NOT required.
What to expect from Me
Darker themes—in this case, depression, loneliness, etc. I want to discuss triggers and uncomfortable topics before we begin so we're on the same page.
3+ replies per week—or to your writing preference.
4+ Paragraph responses where applicable (Intros longer, replies variable always at least 500 words)
I will not drop this roleplay without telling you.
Someone open to as much or little OOC chatter as you'd like. I love making friends!
Nerd speak, character/plot gushing, playlist/song additions to our writing, and awkwardness.
A partner for the long-haul. I want to write side characters with our MCs, so things are split.

e78b329bde8247ab10a604cfd6b60f9b.gif
Thanks for getting this far in the thread. I hope I haven't over-saturated you with too much information! If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please send me a private message so we can get to know each other! As I mentioned above, I'm only looking for one partner for this to not burn myself out or spread myself too thin. I will close this thread once the spot has been filled.

I look forward to meeting you!
Happy (late) Holdays! ViVi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back