• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings It's... Talking to me? (A (post) apocalyptic RP)

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It arrived a week ago. Scientists have tried to explain what it is, but even they don't know. It seems to be some sort of... Plant? Who knew a plant could end the comfortable lives people used to live in just a single week. Although, it's hardly a plant, the only the thing that supports the theory is it's ability to use photosynthesis.... But it still eats things too. This evil, gorgeous little plant can end the world as we know it... How? I'll explain.

It was found deep within the Earth's crust after an expedition that would send humanity further then they've ever gone before. The whole expedition was a mistake, and it unleashed hell onto the world. First of all, they broke into a cave. Everything was terribly hot, but somehow there was still life, a whole ecosystem of living creatures adapted to living in the harsh conditions. Now, don't get me wrong, the other creatures that lived there were dangerous, but they were killable. The plant on the other hand, has no known way to be killed. Fire doesn't work due to its adaptation to heat, water turns to steam at it's touch, pesticides boil before they can do anything, bullets melt on contact... But worst of all, it has the uncanny ability to control people around it. No, it's not mind control... Well it sort of is but isn't. It isn't directly controlling the person, but it seems to get in peoples heads and somehow convince them that it is their ruler, and they have to do whatever it says. It speaks to each individual, although anyone who isn't under it's control doesn't know what it says, since anyone not under it's control normally hasn't spent enough time around it. Now this might not seem like too big of a deal. People around the world aren't affected by it because they are too far away blah blah blah. This plant spread like wildfire. The controlled flew around the world and spread the spores and seeds, these seeds growing into full on adults within days. So basically, this is a zombie apocalypse but instead the people are still smart, alive, and in control of their own bodies. Their only purpose is to get more people to the plant so they may be infected too.

Now, there are a special group of people who can resist it. The influence doesn't work on them... But these people have also developed the ability to 'control people' also. It's not as strong, and no they can't mind control them, but they can manipulate people's thoughts to make them think they want to do something. The downfall is they need to be touching the victim to do this, and also using too much of the power at the same time can give the victim headaches so bad they'll probably pass out. (Only a few people in this rp can have this ability. I wont be using a character with the ability.) People with this power cannot be under the control of the plant.

There may be other powers which you can discuss with me.

This RP will be based around a group of people forced out of their town because of a raid of the controlled. They need to get out and find a safe place.... Who knows, maybe they will even find out how to kill the plant. Can your character survive without falling under the influence of the plant? Let's find out!

There are other creatures I will explain in the lore if this thread gets attention. If you have any questions please ask! This RP will only require you to write at least one paragraph (I write multi paragraph usually). As for availability, I will be setting no constrictions, just know if youre gone for more than a week you may fall behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back