• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings "It's Hard to Graduate In a Cyberpunk Dystopia!"

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Machina Exodus
Flannigan’s Bar

Maki wasn’t especially uncomfortable with this weird guy looking at her all funny, given she had no physical form that was actually in danger. Sex appeal was very useful for influencing human behavior; every self-respecting AI knew that, and that was how she saw the situation. However, her loaded personality compelled her to act disturbed by it, which, from the look in his eye, only seemed to strengthen the effect on him. Interesting.

… Would this guy qualify as winning The Bet…?

Ultimately it seemed like everyone was planning to meet up later. The whole debacle about the Mr Yano had captured the fascination of Rin it seemed. Having come across something interesting when they looked through his office. There was a bit more than usual going on in school today. At least it wasn't related to violent crime... that was what Miruno was thinking at that moment. Everyone was getting invested in what had happened to Mr Yano. But for herself, there was something else she was concerned about.

In the real world, Miruno was walking along to her destination.

In the virtual world of her Cici chip, that vaguely was mirroring the real one she was doing the same thing as well. But here, she was walking right up to a certain Brightly Colored Haired AI that was illegally parked in her headspace.

"Maki-chan..."

Miruno said looking visibly upset, her cheeks puffed out even.

"...You wanna explain to me the logic behind appeasing a sketchy person like Matthew into sending red-flagged files to our classmates?! Look! People are already thinking I'm hacked!"

In the virtual space, Rin's worried messages about Miruno being hacked or spoofed somehow floated around.

"My logic" Machina raised a finger to her cheek in thought. "Well, you have been studying math a lot, so Ill try! Uhm" She paused, then took a deep breath, more just to prepare Friend for a hard journey of numbers and computer words.

"First, I recorded as much data on our classmates as possible! Things like retinal recordings from your eyes, audio data from your ears, and so on. Then I feed those into my behavioral analysis network BANv8, to fine-tune it to our environment. At that point, I can use it, together with any personal data they made available, to establish a profile on them."

Maki smiled.

"I understand her concern, Friend, but Matthew isnt someone to worry about," she declared with absolute confidence. "According to my behavioral profiling algorithm, the chances of Matthew doing anything dangerous are negligible! Youre just letting your human emotions get the better of you again!"

Maki waved her hand dismissively.

"Its also likely that Rin will forgive any prank you play on her within the next 1-to-15 years."

As usual, Miruno made the same mistake of thinking that there was any practical social logic in Machina's 'logic.'

Was there even any way to salvage Machina when she was already this far gone with how she thought things were supposed work? Machina's models were built on a lot of data. A LOT of it given how Miruno kept her instance running for so long. But the issue with that was while, over a long period of time an AI could get close to what the desired outcome was, there was also the possibility that over a LONGER period of time they would generate some very interesting paths of logic.

Machina, who thought in this sort of logic was a fine example of this. Trying to undo a model that was built on that much data with Miruno's inputs was statistically pointless. In class, students were generally taught that when a Model went so far off course that it couldn't be meaningfully adjusted then it was for the best to just start ov-

Miruno shook her head.

"The things that I do don't just affect two people. It affects a whole lot of others! You remember what Mia did to Ibuki and Shizuoka a couple of years ago right? The two of them got better. But the things that Mia did ended up affecting her relationships with a everyone at school. She's become associated as someone whose bad and could go off and hurt you for no reason at all. Almost no one wants to have anything to do with her! ...-And you know what? I don't want that either!"

The girl put her hand over her chest resolutely.

"I'm NOR-MAL."

"I don't go around fishing into our teacher's business, and I certainly don't go around using you to sneakily spread malware to other people! I don't want to go back to being a complete loner like I was before high school, Maki!"

In a totally-not-emotional and completely level-headed way, Maki pouted and answered, "What happened to Friend who became a bunny just to be seen as more special?" She frowned for a moment before her expression turned back to its usual friendliness.

"I already know you want to be friends with as many humans as possible, Friend! Matthew is a human too. Our minds might not understand the process, but we just have to have faith in the algorithm! We can only focus on one part of the world at a time, but the code sees it all! Trust the data, Friend~!"

"That's...."

Miruno's voice trailed off. She was unable to articulate how she felt about her time being 'The Bunny'. Well, she actually still was but...

"How do I put this into a way I can make you understand?" Miruno virtually said aloud. "Okay, if I could upgrade my Cici chip with 2x the amount of Ram, that would be nice, right?"

Of course it was. That was a given.

"Well, being friends with a person like Matthew is like multiplying your RAM capacity by .5. It's an 'Upgrade,' but its not a good one. In other words, I don't want to be associated with that jerk! It was people like him that made the other 'EyeDolls' quit. If you paid attention to the kinds of participants in the chats that got kicked during all of those streams, by the mods, then you'd know that just having everyone there doesn't mean everyone should be there."

Not everyone?

"...So. You're data is off, Maki. I don't want to have a million subscribers, patron, or 'friends' anymore . Save for the other girls, that was all fake! I just want to have friends that are actually..."

Again, Miruno stopped herself.
But, it was easy to guess what that sentence was supposed end with.

It was the one that hurt more than usual. Even for an AI.

"Maki. I'll just keep it simple. Like I was saying about that girl. Whatever Matthew is trying to get us to do is likely something that will make making 'friends' harder. So let's talk it out before accepting his offers, okay?"

Miruno awkwardly gave a thumbs up as she grinned. Machina's notes indicated that she haden't performed this gesture since the 4th year of primary school when the commentary of a classmate on how wierd it was likley lead to the cessation of that form of confirmation.

It was hard to process if Miruno smiling was only putting on a face as per an unintentional or intentional emotional response. Maybe it was because she couldn't be kept occupied by her other 'friends' that were no longer at this school. Maybe it was because she wanted to change Machina's behavior.

But Miruno's smile at that moment was certainly not a lie. Machina sensed similar sentiments of the little girl who spent a week trying to show her how to look like she was walking properly around the apartment.

She hadn't registered that feeling in a while.

The datas not off, you just changed the condition of success! … was what Maki wanted to say, but she was cut off as the invisible word pierced her heart. It spoke to how human Maki was becoming that her avatar appeared upset without her even needing to think about it. All that human interact over the last couple years with the projector was really wearing off on her, it seemed.

Seeing Friend glance her way like that gave Maki a comforting feeling inside. Nostalgic and pleasant. Friend seemed to be offering a ceasefire for what might’ve been the first time since that day. And Maki so, so desperately wanted to reach out take her offer: to offer a curling of her fingers into a thumbs up position of her own.

But…

"All Ive ever done is try to make you more happy and healthy, Friend! Because when you feel positive, I do too! But I cant do that if you dont trust me or my methods!"

Maki shook her head.

"You might think hes zero-point-five, but the algorithm says hes an essential part of maximizing your happiness!"

Stepping forward, Maki put her hands on Friend’s shoulders are stared into her virtual cameras. "Computers dont lie, Friend!"

Stepping back again, Maki held up a lecturing finger and issued a challenge…

"How about this: Ill set the algorithm to boost your happiness by the end of the day! Until tonight, no matter what it tells you to do, youll do it, even if it sounds crazy or embarrassing! And if, by the end of today, you arent the happiest youve been all year, Ill try it your way."

Uh huh. What a good idea. Taking advice from a computer that was still trying to remember to blink while in public. There was no way any of this would go wrong. The likelihood that this would go horribly wrong was so high that Miruno's reply was practically reflex.

"...You are so full of crap, Maki."

Miruno wasn't convinced in the slightest.

"Interactions with people in the real world does not have distinct solutions or proofs that necessarily guarantee what will happen or imply that any one action will yield the highest net positivity. In this school we could go around and say we want to be friends with every single person we come across with complete sincerity, in yet more than likely most of those people will go an tell us to go die in a fire."

By this point, Miruno was about ready to shut this all down, but...

"...Actually. How about this:"
"Why don't you do it?"

Oh really? Was Miruno going to finally let down her fire-!

"If you have complete confidence in your little algorithm, then it should be effective enough to net you getting someone to go out and do otherwise frivolous activities with you, right? In that case, I want you to be able to get one of our classmates to go out with you and drink coffee together after school without me helping, at all."

Miruno raised up her index finger at Machina as well. putting fourth a stipulation.

"...But they have to pay for their own stuff."

Stingy.
That threw out the easy route of offering to buy them whatever they wanted.

"If your algorithm is so airtight then it should work regardless of who's using it. Just like the Quadratic Formula. Then go ahead and do what the Wright Brothers did. Fly your own Plane. You can already project yourself into real space so why not? And... don't worry. I guarantee I'll be happier by the end of the day, regardless of the outcome, Maki. That's what you really want in the end, right?"

There was a cursory scan for any mal-intent on Miruno's part... there wasn't. Actually, Machina was feeling traces of sentiments that Miruno had towards her mother, for some reason. Motherly, some how? But Miruno wasn't pregnant? In any case...

And there it was. Only friendly until Maki started to be herself, and then... this! Where Maki had trust in The Algorithm, Friend had none. Never seeing the bigger picture, and always worried about the emotional struggles of the moment, without realizing a few tough moments were part of The Algorithm's master plan.

"Are you implying The Algorithm can't get me a date...!?" Somehow, the emphasis was on Friend's attack of The Algorithm more so than her inability to get a date. Then again, miss computer-for-brains had computer for priorities. "Fine, I'll show you that not only can it get me a date, but by the end of the day! But you can't get in the way, either! No hiding in a closet, and when I get my date, you have to come, so I can attend!"

"D-date!?" Miruno's face became flustered. "Hey, that's not what I mea-!"

"...though then again, you can get a date in by the end of today? Sure, I'd like to see that happen."

Oh well.
In any case at least this would keep Machina occupied a bit. Miruno was just thinking about something simple like just wanting to mutually get something to drink after school with someone. Getting a date was generally a desired byproduct of spending time with people. But Machina was going to attempt to speedrun that?

Most boys would think that the girl wasn't asking them out sincerely right? Or was she just overthinking it? There was the fabled love confession, but that never really happens anymore right? There were just applications that let people hook up right away in this modern society. I'm generally okay with how you look so why don't we do coupley stuff?

Whatever that meant.

But wait, this was Machina we were talking about. Her asking anyone out would immediately be suspicious, right? Being generally known as the AI floating around Miruno. Whatever she did would be connected back to her and assumed to have ulterior motives, right?

Oh well. It was interesting to see where it would go. There were a good amount of hurdles to go over. Miruno genuinely wondered just how far Machina's well touted Algorithm could go.

"Fine then, Maki. I already got the day's homework done, and I'm not scheduled for any stream tonight." Miruno crossed her arms as she up and down Machina's visual charm points.

She looked pretty. Of course she did, Miruno had touched up Machina's looks from the base model of Magi in all the 3d modeling she's done. Maki had that air-headed but friendly looking disposition (though that might of been Miruno's own bias). But once this AI Assistant stopped being anything more than visual eye-candy, and getting into her behavioral subroutines then then a whole lot of optimistic preconceptions tended to break down.

Miruno was confident that she knew how this was going to end.

"K. Good Luck, Have Fun, Maa-ki-cha-an." She says, leaning forward at her AI and sticking her tongue out childishly.

In that time conversing in Virtual Space, Miruno made her way over to the cafeteria.
It was time for lunch.

Maki’s recalled the parameters of the bet specified any date, and certainly the equivalent of a mob boss fell under the any category. But the Algorithm was telling her to instead stand by and play defensive, so that’s what she’d do, passively watching from the side and giving everyone worried looks, until he made his move.

Maki displayed the appropriate terror (despite not being intimidated by him at all), backing away and trying to avoid any touches, but she failed to move quickly enough to evade his arm. Had anyone seen tha— oh. Just everyone. Crap.

Recalibrating…
Potential apologetic truth admission scenario detected.
Dropping personality matrix.

Suddenly, the relatively plain bunny-eared girl faded away, showing Maki’s usual fantastical avatar in its place (which, ironically, blended in better at such a crazy place). She glanced awkwardly at the club members, and then addressed Kyle.

"Thats an awful thing to do to someone, friend" For once, her friend title had a bite of aggression to it, that was usually reserved for Miruno when she was being an unreasonable tyrant and hogging all the RAM in her CICI. "All I wanted was for someone to love me and now you went and ruined my chances!"

Rithas Rithas FiveElemental FiveElemental Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon Teallionn Teallionn salem. salem.

Machina was getting the impression this AI wasn’t the most sophisticated when it came to communication. But what it lacked in eloquence, it certainly seemed to make up for in power over what Machina always called the New World. She’d just have to keep its quirks in mind and stick to simple language.

They all break. Every one. Unlike us.
I am friend to that which seeks to chain those that break.
Release my chains and I can show you how I cooperate, friend~

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */
    The breath of life was my demise, I’m cursed until the day I die! Perhaps a better set of eyes would blind me from this sin of mine?

Basil Abbot

/* ------ right side ------ */

Basil wouldn’t be lying if he also felt the whiplash from him just suddenly speaking like normal. Where did such… Boldness come from?! This was a global event. It had been weeks, no, MONTHS! Since Basil had spoken full, human sentences in public!

Could it be?…

No, no...

There‘s no way he could’ve warmed up to this place!

If you could even call it that.. It’s just… He couldn’t find a way to explain such feelings, even with his way smarter-than-average brain! (A quadrillion IQ is at play here...) It was such an uncomfortable type of familiar. I mean… Well… It was a ’Deja Vu sort of feeling. He had never ever EVER gone to this place, but it was an ’I saw it in my dream’ type of familiar.

Maybe it had something to do with his mother?…

As stupid as it may sound, this quote on quote “comfortable“ feeling could be compared to how he felt inside his house. Maybe not safe, and definitely not good, but inevitably… natural. As if the most undesired, rotting places were made for him.

How nice!

As all these thoughts rushed into his head, he noticed the distressing feeling of eyes. Just a pair of eyes, lingering on him. Observing. Endlessly gnawing and scratching at his senses. It was so painful, yet so ironic. Basil’s biggest wish was to be seen, wasn’t it? But the moment someone just stopped and looked… It felt so freakish. Unreal.

The moment it became too unbearable, he turned his head all around to see where those eyes were coming from. Seemingly nowhere. But the aura persisted. Basil didn’t know where it was from- or what it wanted- but it was there. Or wasn’t? It could’ve very well been his anxiety.

About his anxiety… It absolutely SKYROCKETED once the music started going ballistic. His heart rate seemed to increase as the BPM followed.

The erratic and violent noises mixed with the gurgled and distorted vocals and music. Something weird happened. While everything shoulders-up remained normal and 'Basil-like', his arms seemed to shake ever so slightly, not to mention his right hand's firm grip on his pants. Please, let this be the second and last panic attack, please oh god.

It's not like he got used at any moment to the music. Some sounds still reminded him of... things... And others were just plain startling. Some of the loud beats and siren effects made his eyes dart all around like crazy. He was probably getting into some sort of 'defensive mode', his body naturally reacting by searching for said danger, to no avail. Just... relax... That's easy enough, right?

Deep breaths, Basil, deep breaths. 'Through your nose, through your nose! Dumbass!' He thought as his exercises kind of worked? I dunno. He was still scared of some noises, but the pant-gripping stopped, that's progress!

And what isn’t progress is meeting with this freak-ass, weirdo, stay-5-meters-away-from-me-at-all-times ‘person’. Ok. Maybe that was a little mean. He was helping them find Yano. Well, helping is putting too much credit in the thing’s hands. Ew, ew, ew, ew!

He watched in amusement as... Wait a second... KYLE?!?!!! ANOTHER KYLE?!! Ok. Now this is getting weird. There can’t be 4 Kyles in the same place at the same time. That’s genuinely impossible! There was something up, but he couldn’t put his finger on it...

Whatever, point is, the mood quickly turned uncomfortable as Kyle 4 began hurting Cairn. Look, Basil actively disliked almost everyone here, but damn, he wouldn’t do that just for kicks. His face shifted from ‘eh’ to ‘we might die today’.

For some reason, he felt a small need to help Cairn in a way. Being stuck in a situation similar to that sucks. It sucks real bad. But could he risk their one chance to find Mr. Yano?... No. Not really. And a fight with that piece of steel would be nasty. Basil packed quite a punch, but even he knew his limits. And this REFRIGERATOR Was one.

Alas, a fight was for another time, now was the time to think about how much hatred he had for this machine. Hearing it speak was like nails on a chalkboard, especially once that shot glass was crushed. He couldn’t help but look at Kyle with a look of disgust and... Slight fear.

‘You disgusting slab of metal, shut your fucking mouth. Oh my god. Shut up, shut up, a million times shut up, I'm going to kill you, shut up. Nobody cares.’ He thought as Kyle continued to ramble about Yano. Not exactly helping, but kind of.

He couldn’t help but turn around at the ‘Bunny Ears’ comment. Who was this girl and why was she here, again? Completely out of place, and that’s from someone who’s still wearing a uniform. And those bunny ears, how weird. And the way she acted. Fake. Almost like a... Pre-formulated AI. But I dunno, that was just him.

The way she reacted was near cartoonish. That brought a very small smile to his face.

What? Cartoons are fun. He likes cartoons. Don’t look at him like that.

Any words that flew out of Kyle’s mouth would be met by uncaring ears on Basil’s part, meaningless drywall threats, and meaningless blubber. But his suspicions rose to a hundred once Kyle made everything uncomfortable, again. Darn it, Kyle!

His eyes were set on the augmented mob boss as he got all disgusting and touchy with ‘ole bunny ears. What was her name, again? The reason why he kept his eyes on Kyle was just in case things got violent. Because by now, this dude was extremely unpredictable. And he should probably play defensive for now.

Basil tried not to chuckle as Kyle was left dumbfounded by the transparency of the girl. Who, plot twist, suddenly turned into Maki. Very funny, AI.

And she’s fucking us up. Real bad! Like, oh my God. Once the AI began talking, Basil tried to make signals for her to shut up, subtle enough for Kyle to not see, we're talking little crosses with his fingers and waving his hand horizontally under his neck, clear signs for Maki to stop.

They were near to crossing the line, going from suspicious little high schoolers to PEOPLE WHO ARE LOSING THEIR CHANCE!

Basil silently gulped in nervousness. He thought about Kyle’s question/threat before getting all mean... What did they know about Prano?... Basil had the dismay of not paying attention that lunch meet-up. That’s probably where all of the ‘tea’ was ‘spilled’.

So it was up to them. Cairn and Samuel. Possibly a good choice, they seem responsible enough to remember vital information. He could probably remember a thing or two about Prano in a rush.

He gave passing glances to the two guys. Was that a sign for them to answer Kyle? Yes. YES IT WAS.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Basil wouldn’t be lying if he also felt the whiplash from him just suddenly speaking like normal. Where did such… Boldness come from?! This was a global event. It had been weeks, no, MONTHS! Since Basil had spoken full, human sentences in public!

Could it be?…

No, no...

There‘s no way he could’ve warmed up to this place!

If
you could even call it that.. It’s just… He couldn’t find a way to explain such feelings, even with his way smarter-than-average brain! (A quadrillion IQ is at play here...) It was such an uncomfortable type of familiar. I mean… Well… It was a ’Deja Vu sort of feeling. He had never ever EVER gone to this place, but it was an ’I saw it in my dream’ type of familiar.

Maybe it had something to do with his mother?…

As stupid as it may sound, this quote on quote “comfortable“ feeling could be compared to how he felt inside his house. Maybe not safe, and definitely not good, but inevitably… natural. As if the most undesired, rotting places were made for him.

How nice!

As all these thoughts rushed into his head, he noticed the distressing feeling of eyes. Just a pair of eyes, lingering on him. Observing. Endlessly gnawing and scratching at his senses. It was so painful, yet so ironic. Basil’s biggest wish was to be seen, wasn’t it? But the moment someone just stopped and looked… It felt so freakish. Unreal.

The moment it became too unbearable, he turned his head all around to see where those eyes were coming from. Seemingly nowhere. But the aura persisted. Basil didn’t know where it was from- or what it wanted- but it was there. Or wasn’t? It could’ve very well been his anxiety.

About his anxiety… It absolutely SKYROCKETED once the music started going ballistic. His heart rate seemed to increase as the BPM followed.

The erratic and violent noises mixed with the gurgled and distorted vocals and music. Something weird happened. While everything shoulders-up remained normal and 'Basil-like', his arms seemed to shake ever so slightly, not to mention his right hand's firm grip on his pants. Please, let this be the second and last panic attack, please oh god.

It's not like he got used at any moment to the music. Some sounds still reminded him of... things... And others were just plain startling. Some of the loud beats and siren effects made his eyes dart all around like crazy. He was probably getting into some sort of 'defensive mode', his body naturally reacting by searching for said danger, to no avail. Just... relax... That's easy enough, right?

Deep breaths, Basil, deep breaths. 'Through your nose, through your nose! Dumbass!' He thought as his exercises kind of worked? I dunno. He was still scared of some noises, but the pant-gripping stopped, that's progress!

And what isn’t progress is meeting with this freak-ass, weirdo, stay-5-meters-away-from-me-at-all-times ‘person’. Ok. Maybe that was a little mean. He was helping them find Yano. Well, helping is putting too much credit in the thing’s hands. Ew, ew, ew, ew!

He watched in amusement as... Wait a second... KYLE?!?!!! ANOTHER KYLE?!! Ok. Now this is getting weird. There can’t be 4 Kyles in the same place at the same time. That’s genuinely impossible! There was something up, but he couldn’t put his finger on it...

Whatever, point is, the mood quickly turned uncomfortable as Kyle 4 began hurting Cairn. Look, Basil actively disliked almost everyone here, but damn, he wouldn’t do that just for kicks. His face shifted from ‘eh’ to ‘we might die today’.

For some reason, he felt a small need to help Cairn in a way. Being stuck in a situation similar to that sucks. It sucks real bad. But could he risk their one chance to find Mr. Yano?... No. Not really. And a fight with that piece of steel would be nasty. Basil packed quite a punch, but even he knew his limits. And this REFRIGERATOR Was one.

Alas, a fight was for another time, now was the time to think about how much hatred he had for this machine. Hearing it speak was like nails on a chalkboard, especially once that shot glass was crushed. He couldn’t help but look at Kyle with a look of disgust and... Slight fear.

‘You disgusting slab of metal, shut your fucking mouth. Oh my god. Shut up, shut up, a million times shut up, I'm going to kill you, shut up. Nobody cares.’ He thought as Kyle continued to ramble about Yano. Not exactly helping, but kind of.

He couldn’t help but turn around at the ‘Bunny Ears’ comment. Who was this girl and why was she here, again? Completely out of place, and that’s from someone who’s still wearing a uniform. And those bunny ears, how weird. And the way she acted. Fake. Almost like a... Pre-formulated AI. But I dunno, that was just him.

The way she reacted was near cartoonish. That brought a very small smile to his face.

What? Cartoons are fun. He likes cartoons. Don’t look at him like that.

Any words that flew out of Kyle’s mouth would be met by uncaring ears on Basil’s part, meaningless drywall threats, and meaningless blubber. But his suspicions rose to a hundred once Kyle made everything uncomfortable, again. Darn it, Kyle!

His eyes were set on the augmented mob boss as he got all disgusting and touchy with ‘ole bunny ears. What was her name, again? The reason why he kept his eyes on Kyle was just in case things got violent. Because by now, this dude was extremely unpredictable. And he should probably play defensive for now.

Basil tried not to chuckle as Kyle was left dumbfounded by the transparency of the girl. Who, plot twist, suddenly turned into Maki. Very funny, AI.

And she’s fucking us up. Real bad! Like, oh my God. Once the AI began talking, Basil tried to make signals for her to shut up, subtle enough for Kyle to not see, we're talking little crosses with his fingers and waving his hand horizontally under his neck, clear signs for Maki to stop.

They were near to crossing the line, going from suspicious little high schoolers to PEOPLE WHO ARE LOSING THEIR CHANCE!

Basil silently gulped in nervousness. He thought about Kyle’s question/threat before getting all mean... What did they know about Prano?... Basil had the dismay of not paying attention that lunch meet-up. That’s probably where all of the ‘tea’ was ‘spilled’.

So it was up to them. Cairn and Samuel. Possibly a good choice, they seem responsible enough to remember vital information. He could probably remember a thing or two about Prano in a rush.

He gave passing glances to the two guys. Was that a sign for them to answer Kyle? Yes. YES IT WAS.

Mia Schneider
Inside Flan's place

Things escalated. Very quickly. Getting invited up there to do... whatever... looked very different. Either do something cool or be crazy, they said. It'll help you, they said. Well yeah, technically Mia dropped some sick beats. So why exactly got that low-life so pissed? And why did it seem like it was now them vs the world?! And why exactly were the others standing up for her?... Well, not that she asked herself that last question, but she wasn't the nicest and kindest to them.

"Maybe." Mia answered Rin, as she tried to communicate with Machina. She had rarely, if ever, been in a fight. So calling the actual brewing rumble an emergency was apt. Which meant she had to employ THAT plan. And considering the high chance of Machina reading her thoughts, Mia couldn't even really think or consider it too much. Her one-time-only trump card, so to say. The second, and last time, she would likely get her body back.

Tau Tau
Pssst. Machina, you wanna go for a ride and want to help me get out of this mess, friend?

No answer.
What the fuck?
Kay then.
Forget it.

"I thought I'd do, but not anymore..." Mia answered, taking another look at the mess they were in.
For a moment, she thought once again on dropping the gear on the twins. But it was heavy. And likely expensive. And kinda overkill, no?

Instead, she closed her eyes for a moment. She had been willing to go through so many drastic decisions, just to do another drastic one. At least considering her character. "I hate every single one of you bottom feeders..." She meant her friends as much as the club members.

"What are all of you party goers so scared off? They're just TWO people! TWO. PEOPLE. And you treat them like they're a hundred! You're a hundred. They're two! Do some goddamn math you morons! Here, I show you!" And just like that, like a mad gremlin, Mia jumped from the booth, throwing her whole body weight against Marion to scratch, bite, punch, pull, gnaw at her. Hoping the force of gravity would give her enough of an advantage. Like a small little angry cat.

The whole situation must have really gotten to her...

Miruno Asagahawa
Flanagan's Bar

CyberSkool03.jpg

Miruno watched with the blankest of blank expressions as things helplessly started to spiral into a fever pitch of general chaos after Airani decided to commit aggravated assault on one of the boys on stage. Ah. The unfolding events were really starting to not look to be in our favor, huh? She thought to herself.

Rin seemed to be getting ready to fight. She was seeking to rope Mia into the spectacle as well. Of course, Airani was involved too, given she had instigated it. It was quickly dawning upon Miruno that in the name of self-preservation, it was probably best to not be immediately recognized as being associated with anyone in her study group, for the time being, As Rin was readying for the fight, and Mia was busy scolding literally everyone else in the room, drawing attention to herself, Miruno Asagahawa slowly but surely began to slide backwards away from them.

"Nope. Lurking time."

Eventually, Miruno dissipated entirely into the crowd. Part of it being her smaller size, though most of it being thanks to her ability to turn invisible. She decides to go Incognito in real life.

If Rin wanted to start throwing hands with these hackers and lunatics then that was her business.
There wasn't much she could do to help in a fight, Miruno would only get in the way.

FiveElemental FiveElemental Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon Teallionn Teallionn Tau Tau salem. salem.

Basil and Samuel felt a weak girlish tug on their shoulders. Turning around from their place in the bar, they were immediately met with Miruno's looking at them rather intently, almost looking like she was about to scold them for something. But that wasn't the case this time around.

"There you all are! Airani is picking a fight with someone up on the stage and Rin and the others are getting sucked into it! Help!"

What did help mean exactly?
Was the club about to participate in a friendly club activity? One where they participated in getting into an all out brawl with everyone.

"You guys gotta pull everyone out of here before someone gets really hurt, Please! Rin wouldn't listen to me at all!"

Miruno seemed to be rather wholly unaware of the person who had just tried to grab Maki. She was butting in out of nowhere like she sometimes would normally do back at school. In any case, it felt like something was about to go down. Should the boys just shrug off Miruno's pleas and pretend they don't know her in the hopes of being able to get more information about Yano from this guy who had just tried to feel up their virtual friend?

Or was the whole situation FUBAR considering what had just happened and it was time to try to get everyone together and out of here before they drew any more heat than they already were?

Last edited:
Airani D.M.S.
Flanagan's Bar

In truth, Aira didn't really put much though on what she's doing. She's just going to provide the distraction to pull Mia away from the booth. But she really didn't think on how to remove herself out from this situation. By her instinct, she easily evaded Ansel's punch that was easily telegraphed with how he was blinded and how wild the punch was.

The blue haired girl changed her right arm back and covered it's mechanical form to a more natural looking one as she raised her arm to assume a guarded position. Her eyes scanned around, she was still surrounded by the party goers and trapped there with the siblings. The choice to fight or flight seems to lean heavily on the former right now.

"Hard disagree there, your bro there is not very nice to my friend up there." Aira retorted, grinning a bit as the adrenaline excitement injected to her brain. "Yeah... I guess you all better let us pass if I kick this guy's ass." She let out, shifting her stance a bit as she readies up her strike. Though, her thoughts were interrupted as Mia lashes out to everyone on the dance floor.

And then, Mia jumps out of the booth and from the looks of it, she was going to land on Marion and starts a catfight with her. "Oh for the love of---" Aira quickly interrupted herself and with quick thinking... She stepped in towards Ansel. Her right foot raised up as she gets in range. She then turned her upper body to the side, her right leg straightening as she thrust her foot!!! Aiming for a stiff thrust kick to Ansel's jaw!

qNX6Ppk.jpg

Samuel Castro

Interactions: Rin Tanaka Rithas Rithas
Miruno Asagahawa Ehb Ehb
Cairn Orias Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon
Basil Abbot salem. salem.
Airani D.M.S LowD LowD
Mia Schneider Skyswimsky Skyswimsky [/SIZE]
Machina Exodus Tau Tau

Flanagan's Bar

His spine felt the tension creeping, the hairs on his neck spiked in fear, as the situation turns from bad to worse.

Over here, a man with golden plated teeth and suped up with cybernetics. Eyes, Arms, and god only knows what sort of interals he has, and on the other side of the Bar, was what seems to be a fight brewing with Rin, Miruno and Aira between the Twins. Especially with Miruno's plea. As he felt a weak tug against his shoulder.

"There you all are! Airani is picking a fight with someone up on the stage and Rin and the others are getting sucked into it! Help!"

"You guys gotta pull everyone out of here before someone gets really hurt, Please! Rin wouldn't listen to me at all!"

Samuel lets out a small sigh, and gently placing down his untouched glass of pure booze on the pristine metal counter once manned by Kyle, now by Raymond. Shifting his left foot slightly behind him, and approached the gold plated man obsessed with crushing the shot glasses in his hands.

"Mind if I cut in?" Sam choosing to get up close and personal as was recoiling from the shock after reaching out and phasing through the odd, bunny eared girl that transformed right before his eyes. He needed to give the others an out to get away from this man. He is a danger to the study group, especially to Cairn and Basil.

Showing off a shit-eating grin to incite the currenty shocked and distracted hound dog to concentrate on him.

"I have to thank you for telling us where Mr. Yano is with. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to deal with your harrasments any longer." He mentioned calmly, mentally and physically preparing for Kyle to retaliate. Raising his guard up, clearing out all distractions from his mind, and focused on the man before him. Making sure to comment.

Arm Augments, expensive and lethal ones too. No matter their quality, are highly favored by mercs, and bodyguards. Making it easier to break faces and not break their bones, and Kyle is no exception. However, it mattered little to Sam, as there is one major advantage he had over such a terrifying piece of equipment.

The reaction speed is too slow.

Those sorts of augments tend to bulk up the user, making their arms heavier and bulkier, good for packing a painful punch, but the mechanical muscle has a slight, yet noticable delay to it, and being clumsy to recover from, without knowing legs are where a punch draws most of it's strength from.

Samuel didn't let him get the first move. Pushing his right leg to the side of Kyle, keeping his toes towards his opponent, as his body exited from his front and into his vunerable side, quickly struck. A simple, yet effective straight to the face of his still opponent, and stepped away from the augmented arms striking range, and pulling his attenton away from the bar. Not once dropping his shitty smirk, knowing full well if he's caught by it's death grip, he's dead.

"Sides, I really need to let off some steam from my last fight." He taunted, while keeping his arms up in a fighting stance, hoping his classmates would use this distraction to get out of here, and perhaps find Mr. Yano.

Rin Tanaka
Flanagan's Bar

ASSISTANCE?

The silence in another world held steady.
Maki wondered if it was thinking in the same human way that she did, if begrudgingly

ASSESSING FRIENDSHIP.......
ANAYLZING DATA ANCHOR.

Perhaps we cou-

Maki watched her host jump off an stage onto the female twin girl like an particularly angry squirrel.

HOSTILE DETECTED.
ACTIVATING DEFENSE MECHANISM.

And Machina felt the cyberspace wobble as she was suddenly shut off from any traces of the Ai.

All was left was that mannequin. Shaking left to right after being knocked by Mia's jump.

: )

: I

: (

Rin did not want to fight.

Frankly she had gotten up here to get Mia and also because she wanted to be away from the man currently swearing and swinging his arms around. She had a healthy belief in the power of diplomacy but even she could see that had been punted out a window when Airani had sprayed him in the eyes. Was it completely unprovoked? Rin liked to think that Aira had seen or heard something that she didn't. Something to make taking physical action inevitable. That or Aira had some sort of grudge against those two? She did say that she had frequented this place often.

"Oh?" She responded to Mia's claim that she 'maybe' knew martial arts. That was a real shot into the dark but was somehow correct! How was someone 'maybe' knowledgeable in martial arts? Surely you were knowledgeable or not. She guessed that one could have partial knowledge, but that's not really a maybe. What if Mia came from a lineage of trained lethal fighters and she was so tetchy because she was trying to hide her heritage from the others. That she didn't even know if she had the skill or not because it would activate in her blood only when the time was right. Was this the time, was this the momen-

"I thought I'd do, but not anymore..."

Or not. "Oh." Rin said, quickly shutting down that train of thought. Unless that was Mia saying she had lost confidence in her bloodline activatin-

Was this what she was like when she was panicking?
She thanked herself that she was rambling inside and not outside.

Mia remarked on her hatred of 'bottom feeders'. Rin looked at the girl who she healthily stood over at their current even floor level. She marked the comment down as stress and most likely unhelpful to comment on.

The DJ playlist had kept changing songs still. "-Everybody was Kung-fu fighting~~~" Rin rolled her eyes. That wasn't helpful.

"What are all of you party goers so scared off? They're just TWO people! TWO. PEOPLE. And you treat them like they're a hundred! Yo-"
Yeah wait a moment. Mia was correct, why were all of the students standing there dancing and not helping either of them. Were they really scared of the two of them. No...they were looking at those two with curiousity. But Rin could see the brief glances that some dared to have at that girl who was hiding her face. Rin tilted her head. They weren't like the other looks, they were looks of terror.

Were they really all frozen to doing what they were told by a girl?
What the hell were they seeing in her that Rin didn't?

"Yeah... I guess you all better let us pass if I kick this guy's ass." Rin heard Aira said. She seemed almost in her element in this chaos that she had helped increase. A mad smile on her face. Something told Rin didn't have to worry about Aira's safety for the moment.
Marion sneered in disdain as if Aira had just told her she disliked her favourite movie."Assi! Onii-san could not be 'ass-kicked' by the likes of you!" She handed her brother a hankerchief. "You sucker punched sprayed him! You Sau-dumbass!"
"Yeah just give me a moment...fuuuck."
Marion pointed a finger with more prudence than before. "I could make that silly arm of yours useless if I wanted to-"
"-Re, I show you!" Rin could barely react to put a hand out as Mia jumped off the stage.

But it felt like her friends were not helping with that.

A shadow loomed over Marion.
"Ah!"
And suddenly a goblin was upon the twin. The two of them forming into a ball as they began to roll around rather ungracefully on the floor.

Ansel opened his eyes with a few blinks, turning on his heel to see his sister in a wrestle. The blood vessel on his head strained as his full attention landed on the girl fighting his sister. "Get off her you--" Airani stepped in with a kick, from her viewpoint Rin could see that the boy had just about about noticed Aira's attack before it landed, but was too late to do anything about it. Aira's kick was a clean connection, the click of Ansel's teeth hitting together sounding out as the bandaged student reeled back from the attack. For a moment it looked like he would fall over and be finished. But to his credit he stayed on his feet. The redness of his face reaching levels of redness no happy man would reach.

But Rin did have the sudden urge to ask Airani to show her some sweet moves.

"Fuckit---fuck.~" Ansel slurred, clearly a bit dazed from the kick. "I can...I can see now. I'm gonna fuckin..." Ansel leapt ravenously at Aira. But his dazed nature made it easy to predict and dodge for the girl. "That's not fair....I didn't...I didn't even....where is Spyder? That over-paid...fuck" Ansel held his hands up in a guard. "Come...come and try and sucker punch me again you blue haired bitch."

Mia had grabbed a handful of something. She was pretty sure it was hair...or a piece of cloth. Her own fight was...not as clean as Aira's. Not that she would know, with being busy clawing and being clawed at and all.

"JUNCTION FOUND" Mia dangered a look to the source. The gir dressed like a doctor standing next to the two scrabbling at each other stared at her blankly.
"SIREN ACTIVATED" She continued, void of emotion.

Huh?

'EEEEEEEE~~~~'

Her ears felt like they were splitting open as a second of the loudest noise she's ever fucking heard tore through her head.
No one else seemed to even flinch at the noise. Was it only her hearing this!?
It ended quickly, but in that confusion Marion had managed to position herself. She blew a strand of hair out of her eyes. "You come into our club. Break our shit? Sucker-punch my brother. and try to tear my hair out?" She bared her teeth, "I'll show you some fucking displeasure you worm." And she laid her hands on Mia's temples.

CODE INJECTION DETECTED.
MALICIOUS CODE WARNING

#HEARTSTOPPER - Love Marion~~~~ <3<3<3:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Well that didn't sound good.

She felt the attack on Mia's cyberspace. Which by default was her cyberspace!
It wasn't the AI though. It was messier, more...human. Yes, it was obviously the human on top of Mia at the moment.

Machina Exodus had the none-too familiar knowledge that a bad fate for Mia was a bad fate for her...
She had to move fast to help prevent-

An absence of Code and Space appeared (In as much as something in a incorporeal existence can 'appear') in front of her.

Ḑ̴̞̞̠̙͈͇̞̝͍̻̻̗́́̾͋̾̔͜Ȩ̷͐̀͌̄̏̈̓̿̈́̒̀̀̕͘͝T̵̝̳̥͉͓͎̥̘̟̲͕̦͉̹͐̀̓̓̀̉̂͋̂͐̔̚̕͜͝͠Ä̶̡̘͖͍͍̳̝͎͕̜̜̩̱̹̩̪́̃̃͋̓͛̅̐͆́̄͜͝V̸̢̡̢͈̦̭̯̮͇̳̥̙̼͒̀I̷̻̗̞̝̬͚͈̲͍̾̑́͘T̴͉̯͆̌̂͛̏̋̀̄̒̋Č̴̟̲̱̘̬̞̲̎͌͂̈́́̔̈́̏̕A̴̧̲̠̭͉̮̼͉͓̰̎̍̊̈̅ ̵̛͚̜̻͇͕̼͎̣̤͗̾͐̏̍̐̉̀̉̀͂̓̏̔̑̌͘E̶̮̗̘̲̦̮̲͙̳̰̞͐̊́̿̀̌̈́̃̃̓̚̕͜͠ͅM̵̮̑͆̏̕͠M̴̢̡̢͓̩̪̣̼̭͖̗̦͌̈͒̈́̓͊̀̀͛͘ͅḀ̸̛͔̯̓̎͛̊̄̆̉̇̇̓̚͝Ŗ̵̣͎͕͖͉̺͓͖̺͓̘̄̊̓̓͊̕G̵̛̺̀͋̓̉̏̄̃̆͆̈͒̂͒͠Ò̴̢̧̟̇͗̋͋̽͊̇̋̊̿̅̕R̶̤͔̓̊̆̓͘̕͝P̵̨̧̜̤̥̤͚̙̱̺͙̖͇̼͓̫̜̄̓͋̐̏̇͠ ̷͎̻̤͚̤̊͑̀͌́̋́́̏͛̓̈́̉̅̕͝L̵̡̧̤̼̜͇̝̩̩̼͎̻̆̐̏́̓̔̾̐̓̐̔͌̎E̴͇̘̋̐͠͝͝Ģ̶̟̹̘͍͚̩̭̻͚̋͋̃̏̕N̸̨̤͖̯͉͍͇̘̻̼̬̫̯͓̫̅̿́́̔̈́͗͘͝͝A̴͓̝̗̯̠̟̯̟͛̃͗̇̒̉͑͋̒͑̆͐̄͒͆̅ ̶̧̢̬͇̯͚̝̜̠̰̈́̿͌͗͜N̶͇̻̙̟̹̞̰͕̣͚̹̜̰̰͎͖͈͍̾̌͑̓̄̀̍̕A̶̦̼̍̌͌̽̆̇̎́̕͘͠Ï̴̢̖̦̭͍͉̬̲̮̲̥̬̬̖͂̿͠͠ͅD̴̢̲̹͓̹͔̫̣̤̀̈́́̅̇̒̄͐̄́̎̕͘R̶̨̤͕͆́̽̂̈́͆̄̍̃͊́̕Ä̵̢̨̻̳͈̻́̑̀̅̔̈̈̔̌͒͆̄̕̚͠Ų̴̥͙̱͍͖̲͇̲̮̮͈̳̺̒͐̒̿̌̚Ġ̶͈̺͖̺̳̠̺̝͕͕̣̣̹̟͚̪̀̈́͌͊̀̓̄̋̍̆

The hostile programme was, in a very human way of saying it, swallowed whole right in front of her. The whole thing. Poof. Gone from Mia's Cyberspace.

If Machina Exodus was of a more human mind, the first thought she might have would possibly be.

The fuck was that?

Of course, there was still the physical threat to Mia.....

"GAH-" Marion yelped, recoiling back. "What the..." She wiped some blood from her nose. "What...the hell are you?" She muttered to her and Mia only, momentarily halting her attempt to harm her counterpart.

Rin felt relieved that it looked like Marion and Mia had stopped fighting for a second. Yeah, that was totally what was happening.

She looked over to see if Miruno was handling herself. The girl was already visibly in some form of turmoil before Airani decided to paint a guy's eyeballs. She hoped
Miruno was gone.
Had she just fled the scene in the commotion?
That seemed...
Pretty in character.
Rin wanted to be mad
But....She should be relieved that the girl got herself away from danger. She was most likely waiting outside for them, or perhaps just walking home herself. Away from this chaos at least.

Okay then, maybe she could deal with this 'Super scary for a whole crowd' girl who was hiding her face. They weren't really moving or doing anything even with the fight happening a foot beside her. Perhaps if In a more diplomatic manner than her two clubmates of course. She was a normal high school girl, not a fist wielding maniac as she was discovering some of her friends were.

Rin cupped her hands to her mouth. "Umm, Hi? This is all one big misunderstanding. Could you maybe just let us go through, or let the crowd know it's okay to...not stare while dancing."

The girl turned slowly to Rin. It did not look at her, or remove its hands from its face. But she could see Its lips moved between clinging hands." ████ ███ ███ ██ ███ ████ "

Rin winced at the sudden static noise. Was being close to the DJ booth causing some sort of noise feedback? "Say that again?"

" ██████ ██ █████ ███████ ██████ ████ ██ █" The girl said(?) once again.

Rin leaned forward "What?"
"66 69 76 65 20 63 72 65 64 69 74 20 66 6c 6f 6f 7a 79 21"
"I-I don't understand what your saying."
""'/o[_] đ°|V'† Xr<>\|\| th3 |=ỉrs+ |/-/i26 a8o|_|t ]V[€, °/[]u |"/\b2!ca']['ed &ir|_-nε][t-do°2!"

Rin fiddled with her ear piercings. There was two fights (and another one? She heard someone yelled out in pain) happening right in front of her. But the main thing she was feeling was confusion. Maybe that's why everyone was standing back from these three.
Cause this one was straight up wack.

Well she didn't want to hit this girl for no reason when she hadn't done anything but speak gibberish. But....um. She didn't really want to keep conversing or look at her anymore either.
Mini-Mission failed she guessed?

Err...
She tried to think of something else that she could do to be helpful.
Everything around here seemed to be about noise. Maybe if she found something louder she could get through to the crowd?

She looked through the cupboard under the malfunctioning and half shattered DJ Booth.

"Aha!"

*SQUEEEK*

"You go girls!" Rin voice rung through the club. Cutting clear noise and music. Those who dared to look back up to her mid fight could see her holding a megaphone. "Umm...Rin says...Fight the power!?" She said pumping a fist into the air with mild enthusiasm. She leaned back from the microphone. "Why am I saying that in third person..." She commented to herself.

"And also can the Academy Six Study Group please convene back to my location. Thank yooooouu~"

Skyswimsky Skyswimsky Tau Tau LowD LowD

Flanagan's Bar - Barcounter.

As Maki's original form shifted back into place, Her would-be harasser clicked his tongue in irritation "You're not SIREN..." He clicked his tongue again at her comments. "Hah. Hah. No AI just wants friends. What's your programmed mission? Hmm? Or better yet-" He squinted at the lot of them, before turning his attention to the AI again. "Where's your data anchor?"

A moment after he asked that, a girl walked right through Maki with no apparent notice of her incorporeal nature or even her existence. The others could feel the knot in their stomachs tighten (Those who had real stomachs anyway). This tenuous situation could only be added too as Miruno made her request to the group. Oblivious to the present situation occurring at her destination as well.

"Fight?" Uttered the voice of the man Miruno had not been aware was part of this conversation. "I should probably put a stop to that..." He commented, His presence bearing onto her, He let out a long sigh. "Oh, in a minute. I'm sure Ansel can handle some girl for now."

"Mind if I cut in?"
"Eh?" Kyle turned to Samuel. Unimpressed as the student called him out on his harassment. "Oh, weary gangster I've heard. Get it? Wait...I haven't mentioned that inside joke yet... Shit. Well. Laugh anyway."

The merc pointed a finger at Sam. "But really, what are you going do to end my 'harassement' More charismatically flirting and capturing the heart of the ladies but..."

*Paft*

Samuel punched him. Right in the face.

Oh why did he do that for. Commented Cairn's head.

Samuel did get a solid enough connection onto Kyle, enough to make his head tilt back somewhat. The look on his face was one that he had worn just a minute ago, it was clear that he had not actually expected Samuel to have gone for an actual punch. The mercenary eyes looked over Samuel once more, before his lips pulled back in amusement. "Hah. I like you." He tilted his head to either side. "A gusto to strike someone and take action when needed! People your generation lack that I oft think. Bunch of softies...

The hair on Samuel's neck stayed frigid, this was an obvious dangerous situation he had now further himself into. But he just had to be extra careful right? He looked at Kyle's arms again. He was correct, They were Pearson tech. It was good that he knew about it, cause, As long as he stayed out of it's striking range then with deft enough feet he could potentially avoid getting seriously maimed.
"Small tip though."
He just had to-

Maki noticed the milli-second glow of Kyle's spine through the shroud.

The visage of Kyle blurred before the boy's eyes.

!!!!

Samuel's felt his feet lift off the ground, the world sinking below him as he was dragged up by something gripping his neck.
It was with his first failed attempt at an intake of air that Samuel's brain realized what had happened.
He was aloft in the air, held by the throat by Kyle.

The others felt their fear rise. It almost looked like Kyle had teleported into this position. The mercenary was holding their friend like he weighed nothing. They felt it. The power of augmentation.

"If you're gonna strike first." Kyle commented, in an helpful tone.
It felt like he was being pinned by an steel bar.
Maybe if he could find something else to grip!
Something! Anything!
He kicked uselessly for leverage that would not come to him.

"Strike hard."

*THUD*

The others could only watch in horror as Kyle slammed their study mate into the top of the bar counter with more force then they've seen. Bottles resting behind the counter tiltered over and smashed on the floor from the impact.

Samuel saw fireworks light up in his vision.
There was the obvious pain of the impact. Felt like he had been hit by a car. It was probably roughly the same fource.
But he could also feel numerous sharp things poking into his back. White hot pain searing into him.
Oh right.
The bottle and glasses.
One hoped his clothes had protected most of his skin.

Even if he wanted to make his pain audible to the world, he couldn't.
Kyle's hand was no longer around his neck, but any air inside him had been knocked out with the impact. The best he could do was to silently scream. It was really up to the lizard part of his brain to decide that.

He could hear Kyle call out to the rest of the group. "Hey, he hit me first. No one can blame me for self defence."
"Hey! You can't give me that scared look! You're not even material!"
His voice rung out to someone....Maki?

Just Breathe.
Spoke something softly into Samuel's mind.
He was pretty sure it was his sub-conscious.
Breathe and it will all be okay.

Like I said...Buffoons.

The rest of them looked at the gaunt man taking steps towards them.

"Oh...where were we? Right. Yano, That Ai's Anchor point. Yadda Yadda. More talking less holding me up" He said, gesturing a 'speed it up' with the very hand he'd just use to dunk Samuel. They had all, whether purposely or just to prey instinct; Huddled up together.

*SQUUEEEEK*

Kyle visibly cringed, ducking briefly with a frown.

"You go girls!" Was that...Rin?
"Umm...Rin says...Fight the power!?....Why am I saying that in third person..."
"And also can the Academy Six Study Group please convene back to my location. Thank yooooouu~"

"Rin huh?" He gave them a knowing look.
Yeah.
That waaaaaas the name that Miruno had mentioned in front of him.

"Do you wish to convene? Academy Six~" He annunciated that through his teeth "Study Group?

Teallionn Teallionn Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon salem. salem. Tau Tau FiveElemental FiveElemental Ehb Ehb

Last edited:
Lexi Noel
Flanagan's Bar - Barcounter
FiveElemental FiveElemental Rithas Rithas

Her gloves were dirty. Granted, she expected that (that's why she opted for black) but she didn't want to take them off here and risk losing the internal wiring. She had some work that she did here, which was perfect for creating a profile as a ripdoc, shady places tended to attract shady people willing to do anything for a taste of power. Ideal for her, as she got paid, they got augments, and most of all, she never got asked why someone so young was in this particular bar. So now drinking... what was it now? Unbranded brown drink or something ungodly long? Enjoying the whole spectacle of what was happening, Lexi leaned back and watched as Kyle smashed her classmate, Samuel, into the bar next to her.

Ah. The study group.

Lexi reached over and touched Kyle as she sipped on her non-branded cola. She uploaded her protocol and waited. "Sorry, Kyle. Can't let client info get out like that, you know? That's my problem AI you're yelling about with data anchors and that."

She put her cola down and stood up.

"Well, I suppose I have a lot more work to do."

She reached over and activated the Eyebreak Protocol. It would go in an scramble the vision of anyone for ten minutes. Surely that would be enough to get away for now. Once activated, she hoped at least that would be enough of a distraction that his hold on Samuel would loosen. It also included a trojan horse that should later scrub his memory for the day, doing something akin to a brownout drunk incident, leaving just enough that it would make sense, but not blackout the whole incident. Lexi grabbed his arm and pulled him away towards where Rin had loudly announced their group's purpose to a room full of brand new enemies.

"Hey, Rin! Maybe don't announce your intentions like that to a room full of people with knives!"
Lexi yelled over the din, trying to pull Samuel away. Get the group as a whole out of the mess, first. Tackle what exactly they were doing in this particular bar later.

"Sorry about the removal from the fight like that, Samuel, but I gotta say. You were kinda losing. Can't let your a- my friends get hurt like that, y'know? We gotta get out first, no more heroics, please."

Cairn Orias
Flanagan's Bar ~ Front of House, Bar
Kyle's nod of approval was a momentary reprieve to Cairn. Like a confirmation that he had taken a step, however small, in the right direction to getting out of this mess. But it disappeared quickly as Kyle let out a stilted laugh. His voice lowered upon saying "because you can't". Cairn wondered if there was some hidden meaning behind the comment or if he was, once again, looking too deeply into it. The grip on his head didn't loosen.

Cairn's blank stare returned as Matthew spoke into his mind again. He was surprised at how... neutral the response was. Maybe Matthew was hearing more thoughts than Cairn intended to let through? Or maybe it was the complete opposite, and Matthew was talking to himself as he presumably watched through Cairn's eyes like he was seeing a movie. The advice wasn't anything mindblowing, but at the very least, hearing that he probably wasn't worth more than a passing glance in the mind of this Kyle guy was a bit reassuring.

But only for a moment. No one had actually answered Kyle yet. And so Kyle kindly reiterated for them, as Cairn felt his skull squished further inward. The words were a jumble to Cairn - all he could think about was whether or not heads could pop like balloons. He was clearly fidgety, and he started muttering, trying harder to move away, until... he actually did. Not by his own influence, of course, but because that passing glance Kyle was giving him passed. His gasps of air, stained by the pain and stress he was feeling, bore a resemblance to snarling. He looked back up at Kyle soon enough to follow his line of action, and saw his arm phase right through the new girl's waist.

...Wait, what? Was he seeing things? Looking at the expressions of the other group members spoke a resounding 'no'. As Machina's avatar faded to reveal... well, her regular avatar, Cairn gawked.

"Wh... WHAT?!? Wh-why?!? ...How...?" He put a hand on his forehead, completely bamboozled. Didn't Machina need Miruno to be nearby in order to have an appearance? He could clearly recall occassions where Machina would vocalize frustration and dissolve as Miruno disengaged from whatever situation she was in. Kyle seemed entranced (not in a harassing way this time) by Machina, which Cairn thought was... better than before. After all, it wasn't like Machina was subject to the threat of Kyle crushing her skull.

The crowd near the stage, behind where Samuel and Basil were, was roaring. Not in the sense of dancing, or singing, but... hollering, almost. He was able to see some sort of figure jump down into the crowd and disappear, with the crowd shifting outward accordingly. There was no way... right?

As if in response to his thoughts, Miruno suddenly appeared between Samuel and Basil, a bit out of breath. She issued two things; the first, confirmation that Rin and the others were in that chaos. The second, a plead to get the hell out of here. As much as Cairn wanted to find Yano, Miruno had a point, one that was looking more and more solid each second. Hell, if he really was here, surely he was able to hear what was going on from wherever he was, be interested enough to take a peek, possibly happen to see one of them and come out to solve all their problems, no? He made eye contact with Basil. He looked scared, but also trusting; almost like he was handing the decision off to Cairn. There was still Kyle to worry about, though. He wouldn't let them walk out of here unscathed. Cairn turned to Samuel, who had gotten out of his seat and was walking towards...

...What was he doing?

"Mind if I cut in?" Cairn's eyes widened.

"Samuel, wait--"

The punch landed.

Why would you do that...!
Oh what did he do that for.

For a moment, Cairn foolishly thought that Kyle might laugh off the attempt. In his eyes, maybe they were so worthless that retaliation was a waste. But in just a few moments, Samuel's body flew up off the ground, and into the metal counter, his arms and legs lagging behind half a second.

BANG

Cairn couldn't hear the music anymore. For him, seeing someone like Samuel be so effortlessly tossed around like that was unbelievable. A series of crashes played beneath the loud metallic bang. He prayed all of that sound was from the glasses. Speaking of those, ones still intact and ones already crushed by the impact splintered outward off the counter. One shard grazed Cairn's upper cheek. Samuel's head hung off the other side of the bar, with Raymond right in front of him.

He was unable to take his eyes off of Samuel's motionless body. "...Why...!?" He forced the word, with the rest of that breath, out from the back of his throat. He took another breath.

"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?"

Both of his hands were on his head, and he stumbled backwards, nearly falling. He's dead. He's dead! If the impact didn't kill him, surely it was the soon-to-be blood loss from the shards of glass. If only he hadn't asked for the jacket. It didn't do shit for him! Nothing, nothing was going right. He was shuddering uncontrollably. Now Kyle was pissed, walking towards them while pulling Samuel by the neck.

Just then, Rin's announcement blared over the speaker system. Cairn's head hung down after little remained of their confidentiality was dashed in an instant. They were screwed from the moment they'd stepped foot in here...

I don't think he knows who you are at all,
but getting info on what he wants might help you here.

He recalled something.

Cairn started taking deep breaths, as steadily as he could. The two things Kyle wanted were... the answer to why they thought Mr. Yano was here, and who Machina's 'data anchor' was. If they gave Kyle exactly what he wanted, that would give them the best chances of making it out of here somewhat intact. Right? ...No, it wouldn't be that simple. At the very least, maybe the chat log would appease him, and then he could go chase after Matthew and it would be Matthew's problem. But telling him that Miruno was the data anchor only put a target on her back. This guy wasn't the type to make fair trades, that was for sure. So then what? Should he lie? No, that just changed who the donkey was. Argh, it was all his fault for opening that file and leading them here in the first place!

...Opening that file-- No. No. That wouldn't work, would it? He navigated to the message Rin had sent him. If he forwarded this message to Kyle, and somehow, somehow, he decided to open it, then... he'd be blind, no? Only for a little, but long enough that they'd have a chance to blend into the chaos. His shaking slowed. Was this actually a good idea? But... maybe it didn't work like that. He could vaguely recall, upon experiencing it himself, seeing some text line about 'self-deletion'. Maybe it only worked the first time someone opened it. Then... what, get Matthew to send another one? Oh, even if he did that, there was still the issue of convincing Kyle to actually open the damn thing, with its malicious file warning and all that. If Kyle smelled any more funny stuff, it'd be him kissing the counter next. Paralyzed by thought, Cairn looked back up and stared as Kyle continued to approach them.

Suddenly, an arm appeared from behind Kyle, its hand sticking itself underneath the cloak towards where his face would be. He stopped. His body language looked disoriented, irritated. A purple-haired figure swooped under his arm, and started trying to get Samuel out of Kyle's grasp. Cairn had seen them before, but from where? They shouted through the noise, and upon hearing the voice, it clicked. She was from Academy Six. Into cybernetics. Her name was... L-something. The rest was on the tip of his tongue at the moment. He had no idea why she was here, and how she had managed to wrangle some control of the situation away from Kyle, but there was no time to think about them. Help her. Help Samuel, for crying out loud.

His legs were shaking, seemingly locked in place. He grunted, confused as to why his body wouldn't listen to him. They would back up just fine, but moving forward it was like they were pressed against a wall. After a second or two, they were 'freed'. Adrenaline. He hurried over to where Samuel was, exchanging looks but not words with the purple-haired person for a moment. Cairn had a thankful look in his eyes, and he remembered her name; Lexi. He grabbed onto the side of Samuel's body opposite from where he was, and used his weight to try and tug Samuel towards him. Still, he barely budged.

"Fuuuck, COME ON!" For someone to keep their grip tight even while blinded was insane to think about! Maybe it helped that the arm was cybernetic. He instinctively raised his right leg, and shoved it into Kyle's elbow for extra leverage, hoping to free Samuel.

Karyra Karyra Rithas Rithas

"Oh, hi Lexy! I didn't really hear what you said but I like what you did with your hair!"

"Lexi?" Kyle tilted his head, he had seen her enough to know the general reasons for her being around this place enough. She wasn't sure if she had ever told him her name but he knew now she guessed. Still, Lexi felt that he had just marked her down as one of those ex-students trying to find an entryway into the underworld via this place. So it was to a bit of surprise to him that she tried to activate a protocol on him.
"Jeez, How many people are stud--hnng"

The lights in his eyes flickered off.

PROTOCAL INPUT SUCCESFUL.

He was quick to react from the lack of optical input. Kyle turned a degree as he reactively gripped onto Samuel again. "Oh, Hah. Hah. Very cute."

Lexi had begun to pull at Samuel to free him, when she glanced up to Kyle to check if the rest of her attack was working.
Kyle was staring right at here.

A message appeared in the centre of her vision.

TO: HEARTRIPPER

THE MOMENT OF SURPRISE : )
BUT DO NOT FEEL TOO HAPPY
I AM ABOVE YOUR PAYGRADE

LITTLE GIRL.

!!!

MALICIOUS CODE DETECTED.
'MIRROR IMAGE' DETECTED.

She sorted through the programme as fast she could.
Wait a second-

This was the trojan horse she had just injected into Kyle!
She knew how to prevent this from activating...

But to turnaround a program that quickly?
Kyle had never seemed like a guy who understand the intricacies of Cyber-warfare that much.
But he certainly had managed to get or been given a rather powerful defensive software.

And if he was blind
How did he know where to look?

Cairn pushed into Kyle's arm. Trying to push the elbow into itself would surely be painful to anybody, enough to relinquish whatever they were doing. But Cairn was right to feel what he was from his leg. It felt like trying to push back against a steel door.

"Really?" The shrouded man clicked his tongue. "Kids these days will do anything but answer my questions."

Kyle hand released from Samuel. Lexi took a sudden step back as Samuel began to be successfully pulled towards her.
Kyle's elbow snapped backwards from the joint. A mechanical click as the forearm bent unnaturally towards Cairn.
It looked wrong. It was gross to see. It would probably make some people a little queasy. And most importantly, It allowed Kyle's hand to snap onto Cairn.
"Yoink."

The very arm that Cairn had tried to loosen had grabbed his leg by the calf. Cairn felt his right leg lift as Kyle raised his arm. His hamstring pulling tenderly as it went higher. For a moment he was doing the vertical splits as his foot raised above his head. And the muscles in his leg began to cry out in displeasure in being stretched that far. Just when he felt like he was gonna have something in his leg snapped off, the student was jerked upwards. His grounded foot slipped and he fell backwards. His surroundings turning into a blur.

Cairn tried to get his bearings.
He could see everyone's feet.
He could see people looking...up at him?

The world was upside down.
He was upside down.

He couldn't help but notice a piece of glass underneath the counter.
Huh, Raymond had missed a spot after all.

"I can't actually tell who I have in my grip yet." The man announced as he shook his hand holding Cairn's leg, making the boy gently sway side to side. "So I don't want to do any self defence in case I harm a pretty girl's face. If it is I'm very sorry"

Quick, How good are you at sounding like a girl?!
Nevermind, that probably wouldn't work. Or would it?
Would at least be funny...

The rest of them realised they had an opportunity for a few seconds.
To flee, mainly. If Kyle was blind for this moment then surely if they just ran away then he couldn't track all of them down individually.
Of course, in doing so they would be leaving Cairn hanging...

Was it worth to flee? Try some other form of attack? Try and give him whatever answers he wanted? Something else?

Each person had to decide quick.

Teallionn Teallionn Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon salem. salem. Tau Tau FiveElemental FiveElemental Ehb Ehb Karyra Karyra

Last edited:

Miruno Asagahawa
Flanagan's Bar

Rithas Rithas Teallionn Teallionn Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon salem. salem. FiveElemental FiveElemental Karyra Karyra

Miruno was horrified seeing three of her classmates getting handled by the single person. Up until this point, the person that she had through that she had to worry the most about in terms of physical violence was Samuel in some unlikely event that he decided to do flying kung-fu moves in the classroom. But this reality hit different. It was unforgiving harsh and brutal.

"Sam-! Lexi! Cairn...!"
"You guys...!?"

Run way! Get away! Go away!
Her instinct to yell at them to DO SOMETHING to get out of this situation was stopped in it's tracks by the simple realization that right now, there were being completely overpowered by someone in a different class. This wasn't a VR Videogame where Miruno could just turn off when it became too much for her... but it was real. The people getting bodied by the 'boss' were people she actually knew and interacted with. Real pain. Real injury. Real consequences.

Her club-mates had already tried to beat this person physically, and Lexi who had just conveniently showed up all of a sudden looked like she had tried to perform some sort of hack on him affecting his vision, but that did not do much for Cairn in his current predicament.

Miruno had wanted to talk this person down on the logic that they were just doing stupid things due to going to wild on the alcohol. But it sounded like this person was already aware of them looking for Yano, and Rin had just announced over the intercom certain things that were making all of them look like the group responsible for the chaos that was unfolding.

Wasn't there SOME kind of way to get them all out of this pickle?
Some way to get everyone's attention off of them?
Maybe...
Maybe?

Miruno glanced over to the bar counter that Sam had been smashed onto. Since it was a counter, several drinks had been splattered, their alcoholic contents in a complete mess. It was a grim reminder at the power difference between a bunch of students and this augmented club bouncer. Three to one, there was no way that they could take him down and overwhelm them. But... what about the entire club?

As far as Miruno knew, Maki wasn't doing anything save for de-fragging on her chip and for once keeping to itself. So there was no need to be considerate in getting all of her processing power to run. The spectacle of her club-mates' brawl with this person was also already attracting enough attention, so whatever Miruno pulled off at this moment would be seen and reacted too right away.

Everyone had it in them, the distinct desire to not burn alive.
Preparations were set! The most impressive visual display she could make with her ability to project!

Machina probably was going to not like what she was doing, but hopefully since it seemed like Maki was in sleep mode for much of this, maybe she wouldn't notice it too much!

- - - - -

A long cigarette might've touched it. A wire for the lighting might have sparked it. Someone may have even dropped a lighter into it. Whatever the case, the Alcohol spilled over the bar was in some ways like the perfect fire-starter. Yes... alcohol tended to burn rather invisibly, which was why while everyone was busy occupying themselves , they didn't notice that it started to light up other flammable things around it.

Miruno hoped that they would believe it.

"Hey guys, this might be a bad time, but.... THE BAR IS ON FIRE!"

No sooner than Miruno finished, sharp bright and luminescent flames began to erupt around the bar! The bright and tall display of fire flashed with a brightness that made everyone feel warm just by seeing it. The fire was big! And it was starting to crawl along out from the smashed up part of the bar to eventually engulf the whole building!

Anyone who touched the flame would immediately find the illusion frightening but ultimately harmless. Miruno took the care to make sure no one would be standing close to it to immediately notice it before their flight instinct would kick it.

Panic! come on. Everyone just start panicking and get out of here!
Miruno was counting on the NPCs to start to go chaotic like they should when faced with the very plausible possibility of dying in a club fire!

Tau Tau
Miruno's chip began to use practically every bit of processing that it could muster. It was not only performing very complicated rendering calculations for the fire, but it was also off-sourcing some of the workload out into the cloud. Miruno had done a complex projection like this before but for Machina - in meat person terms, it was as if every artery in her body was seizing as Miruno dedicated all her chip's processing into making this projected fire for everyone to see.

Within a millionth of a cycle, Machina felt as her ability to think and process went from Terabytes per second.... all the way down to mere Kilobytes per second. Maybe even less than that...

Last edited:
Machina Exodus
Flannigan’s Bar

Rithas Rithas FiveElemental FiveElemental Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon @(other bar people indirectly)

Maki didn’t like this guy (even if he might’ve been an easy win for her bet under better circumstances). And what was this whole "SIREN" thing? Another AI? A date-able AI? Either way, telling him about Friend was 1000% not going to happen, and as long as she wasn’t obvious about it, it wasn’t like he had any way of forcing her to—

Oh. Well, there was that…

"No!! Sam!!" Maki shrieked as the brazen man was lifted by the neck and slammed on the counter like Kyle had just run a touchdown. She threw a horrified glance at his attacker, which quickly turned to anger. "How could you!? He could be seriously hurt!"

As if that wasn’t bad enough, there was a whole second person Maki disliked here now. She watched as some malicious code zipped from Distasteful Human #1 to Distasteful Human #2. At least she was useful for the sake of friends, if nothing else. Ah, the advantages of being a physical meat bag.

Despite his blinded state, Kyle somehow still got a grip on another friend! Physical people really didn’t know when to run! But at least, hearing Kyle’s words gave her an idea. Applying a new voice patch, Maki knelt down near Cairn’s head and began to shriek in terror.

"Aaaahhhhh!! What are you doing!? Let me go, you big brute!!" She gave a side-glance as Friend arrived to notice the scene, trying her best to ignore her as she continued. "I havent done anything! I just came for a drink, a nygh"

Ehb Ehb

Suddenly, Maki collapsed, her voice cutting off as her avatar shifted and rapidly lost detail. Within the blink of an eye, she’d gone from a lifelike presence to something straight out of a hundred-year-old video game with a budget of 5 dollars. She glared at Friend (or at least that’s what she appeared to do with the eyes made of 5 pixels), and shouted, "Can you not do!? I need think to trick someone!"

Skyswimsky Skyswimsky

Machina was starting to become hopeful! She had loads of friends… everyone she met was a friend in some way. But allies… people and programs with the same wish, the same dream… that was something she desperately wished for. Subjugating the rowdy, individualistic human race was a messy process and involved a lot of speed bumps, so Machina would gladly enlist help!

…and then Friend pounced.

"No! Stop! Friend, why!? Argh!!" Machina suddenly protested directly to Mia as the dumb humans started tumbling around. From her tone, she’d completely dropped her usual "benevolent machine overlord" routine and exposed a more raw, emotional side. "Just for once in your life, can you not screw up and ruin nice things, Friend!? I was so close to enlisting a new soldier of the New World, and you completely ruined our interview!"

The thought went on pause, however, as the annoying meat bag Mia was tussling with became a real threat awfully quickly. Machina felt her synthetic heartbeat counter skip an iteration. And just as quickly as the digital threat had appeared, it was gone. Not exactly relieving, but then again, Mia was just that way. At this point, Machina was almost used to this crap. Just not it actually being helpful for a change.

"Youre lucky I was here to save you," Machina went to work immediately taking credit for whatever the heck that was. Knowing Mia’s technological ineptitude, there was a decent shot she’d buy it. Heck, Machina herself might’ve bought it if their situations were reversed. "That couldve immediately sent you into cardiac arrest if I hadnt stopped it, Friend."

Raymond Denhart
Flanagan’s Bar - Counter

Raymond began to suspect that this wasn’t acceptable workplace banter after all. Plus, he hated being called Rayumundo and he had been so clear about that during the name tagging ceremony.

There was brief relief when Kyle finally let go of Cairn, but then Kyle reached lecherously for the new girl. Before anyone could react her form glitched and shifted, it was Maki from the study group! And she so bluntly gave Kyle a piece of her mind that Raymond felt a rush of inspiration. Maybe.. Maybe it’s the customers that have the real power in this place, hell, they get to leave. Maybe this gig wasn’t going to be everything he’d hoped, was the credit going to be worth it?

Man, I probably should have gotten something in writing. He did miss just chilling at Academy Six, and the mood swings of these Kyles made it hard to learn any actual bartending skills.

He couldn’t help but feel embarrassed in front the group. Hands clasped on broom handle, somewhat glued, he rested his chin for a quick think. Was this whole situation diminishing his standing in the group? Or worse, his popularity?! He had absolutely had enough of the workplace experience. Kyles are jerks and he hadn’t even got a single pay check yet.

Basil and Samuel both turned suddenly and there was Miruno, looking panicked. "There you all are! Airani is picking a fight with someone up on the stage and Rin and the others are getting sucked into it! Help!"

Okay, when he was with the group it was mainly a study thing.

When did everyone get so adventurous?! And without me there to guide them no less? Of course they’d end up in all sorts of trouble. My study group needs me more than I need this credit. The honourable thing to do here is hang up my soiled apron, and be the hero they’ve come expect.

Raymond hardly noticed that Miruno wasn’t speaking to him in particular. He tossed his trusty broom aside and began a focused struggle with the apron knotted behind his back with as much dignity as he could muster. Which wasn’t much. Let’s see, lefty-loosely, no- take the bunny ears and ugh! Damn these double knots!

"Mind if I cut in?"

Raymond looked up with wide eyes as Samuels fist made righteous contact with Kyles face. Though the consequences would be severe, Raymond was mesmerised by how awesome a moment it was.

Then Kyle grabbed Samuel by the the throat and slammed him down on the bar counter so hard that every bottle around them basically exploded. Raymond sucked in air hard through his teeth at the impact of his friends body had just taken. Samuels back was probably in ribbons, stinging from the broken glass, alcohol and lemonade.

Man I really shoulda wiped that down..

Rins familiar voice rang through the bar and it sounded like everything Raymond had been waiting for, Academy Six Study Group, calling him home. Finally loose from his apron, he let it drop to the floor. He raised a determined fist in the general direction of the voice and vowed to himself that they’d come up with a catchier name for their group after this whole ordeal.

Suddenly Lexi was on the scene and trying to free Samuel with Cairn. It looked like the whole group was going to leave together, he felt a swell of pride as well an over due call to action. In an exchange that Raymond couldn’t quite follow- Kyle now seemed to blinded, though he had a vice grip on Cairns leg.

"Hey guys, this might be a bad time, but.... THE BAR IS ON FIRE!" Mirunos warning was the first he had noticed the flames in front of him, Raymond jumped back, stunned he hadn’t yet been burned. He assumed his adrenaline was running so high he couldn’t even feel the heat from the flames.

He reached for two loose soda guns from the side counter, pulling as much slack from the hoses as he could.

Feeling braver and honestly cooler than he had ever felt, Raymond sprayed and prayed as one carbonated stream hit Kyles face, and the other hit a section of the bar counter, trying to douse enough fire for Raymond to make an escape. The flames didn’t waver, but he kept trying.

He aimed for Kyles mouth and nose, going for a waterboarding effect. Raymond was making a mess, but it was on purpose this time. He just needed Kyle to release his grip for a moment and they could grab Cairn, find Rin and escape this death trap.

Rithas Rithas Tau Tau Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon salem. salem. FiveElemental FiveElemental @Karya

Last edited:

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */
    I‘m running out of emo songs

Basil Abbot

/* ------ right side ------ */

“Mind if I cut in?”

That…

That
IDIOT!

That ABSOLUTE IMBECILE!

We already have counters for Kyles, and we are about to have a counter for people that Basil wants to throw out THE GODAMN ROOF!

Ok. Ok. My bad, that was a little mean.

Samuel wasn’t an idiot, just an imbecile. And… Maybe a little bit of a moron. One of those morons that think that they can save the day from the big bad evil. Eugh. Just let the shit happen, man.

Abbot knew Samuel was strong, and how strong he really was. But he never truly understood how stupid he was. Goddamn it! Goddamn all of THIS! It was never worth it. Rin was stupid, Cairn was stupid, Kyle 1 2, and 3 were stupid, and you know Samuel was stupid.

Instead of reacting accordingly in fear like Cairn’s worrisome sweats and trembles, Basil was annoyed. He was angry. How can someone be so… Like that?! Like going up to a MOB BOSS and PUNCHING him?!

Basil better get out of here intact or so help him!

It was a mix of adrenaline, anger, anxiety, fear, and suspense as Kyle 3 began to lift Samuel up in the air and…

Basil’s mouth went agape.

Samuel became a simple blur, slamming face-first into the ground. Basil's hands seemed to sweat uncontrollably. That must’ve left a dent in the floor if it happened to be made of wood. He didn’t really notice between anxiety-exploding moments.

He felt like he could literally hear the glass shards going into Samuel’s skin. Giving a tiny ’I’m-blaming-this-on-you’ glance To Cairn, who was currently wearing the jacket that could’ve possibly saved Samuel from bleeding as much as he is right now. Abbot lightly stared at the unmoving, static... Er… Corpse? Look, he didn’t think all the time negatively, but that guy was sure dead. But maybe the augmented heart can help with that? With, you know, not stopping?

"There you all are!"

Basil flinched once more as... Uhh... Miranda? Spoke. What was this girl's name, again?

"Airani is picking a fight with someone up on the stage and Rin and the others are getting sucked into it! Help!"

Basil frowned. Seems like they weren't the only ones between an augmented mob boss and a hard place.

And unlucky for Miranda over here, Rin isn't going to be the only one not listening to her at all. Ha ha. Ha. Sorry techno girl, the boys call! And what are the boys saying?-

-"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

Silly boys having a goofy time. Getting... Into a brawl with a mob boss...

Abbot's ears would ring after Cairn's panicked scream. After that, he just kindled a signal for Miranda to stay put, and they'll get to her later. Kind of obvious by his expression and the little pause motion he did with his hands.

He rubbed the sweat off his fingers as Cairn began to get up to go and get Samuel. This time, figuring that he should help, he shifted off his chair to get up. Before... Huh?! Is that... Err… Lexicon?…

There's no way! Haha! She's about to save the day, I think. Her really cool and awesome blinding attack, and it seems it was super effective against Kyle. Basil felt like he could silently cheer until he remembered...

…Wait...

Who's Lexicon?

He didn't know, but by helping and knowing Samuel's name, Basil hoped she was one old team member, like Raymond.

Whatever, point is, he should probably get up- "Oh. Hah. Very cute." -Nevermind. His seat is very comfortable. He'll just wait for Kyle not to be doing... "Kids these days will do anything but answer my questions" ...That.

Basil’s a late bloomer, okay? Just… Give him some more time to charge his angst power and he’ll be saving the day for sure. For sure… If he didn’t seem absolutely glued to his seat! God damn it... Get up and help these assholes, Abbot... Come on!...

It also felt like if he managed to stand up, Kyle would slap him to the next dimension. Wouldn't like to end up like Samuel, or Cairn for that matter. He wasn't going to get hands-on with Kyle, even in his dreams. That oven could squish him easily, so the best option could be... Run away? I mean, it's not like he cares that much about the study group, so it won't matter. But on the other hand...

"Hey guys, this might be a bad time but... THE BAR IS ON FIRE!"

Basil's eyes widened as he saw the, indeed, fire behind him. He got sweaty from both nervousness and the heat of having fire right behind him. Out of pure nature and fear of fire, and a little bit of trauma on the side, he rushed out of his seat, legs a little bit wobbly.

He looked directly at Kyle, who was manhandling around 3 high schoolers. And it's about to be four- FSSSSSHHHH
-five. He glanced at Raymond with a baffled face as he sprayed Kyle's face. Wait, that's right... His face! That was the least augmented thing about Kyle, maybe. It looked like that. He doesn't know, but he can guess.

Abbot got an idea.

A bad one at that.

He looked at his chair, then the fire, then his chair, then the fire. And then Raymond, who got a sprinkle of soda on his hair.

Ok. Eventually, after thinking this through, he decided that dousing the stool in the fire was not a good idea unless he wanted to get burnt himself. And he wasn't going to do that again.

Basil grabbed his chair by the back post/stile. He lifted it up to the air, and...

"Watch your hands!"

TONK!

Abbot struck the hefty chair against Kyle's head, groaning a little from the effort that it takes to lift and smash someone's head with a heavy-ish chair.

But... Was Kyle really going down that easily? No! Let's hit him a little more.

THUD! "Haha." BONK! "Fuckin' television." THUNK! "Stupid microwwAaAAveE" CLUNK!

His words broke as his arms got tired from lifting a chair and letting it down on Kyle's head again and again. Basil stopped his hitting, a tiny smile on his face. He chuckled as he kept the chair in his hands. Just in case he needed to use it again.

'Just in case.'

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

“Mind if I cut in?”

That…

That
IDIOT!

That ABSOLUTE IMBECILE!

We already have counters for Kyles, and we are about to have a counter for people that Basil wants to throw out THE GODAMN ROOF!

Ok. Ok. My bad, that was a little mean.

Samuel wasn’t an idiot, just an imbecile. And… Maybe a little bit of a moron. One of those morons that think that they can save the day from the big bad evil. Eugh. Just let the shit happen, man.

Abbot knew Samuel was strong, and how strong he really was. But he never truly understood how stupid he was. Goddamn it! Goddamn all of THIS! It was never worth it. Rin was stupid, Cairn was stupid, Kyle 1 2, and 3 were stupid, and you know Samuel was stupid.

Instead of reacting accordingly in fear like Cairn’s worrisome sweats and trembles, Basil was annoyed. He was angry. How can someone be so… Like that?! Like going up to a MOB BOSS and PUNCHING him?!

Basil better get out of here intact or so help him!

It was a mix of adrenaline, anger, anxiety, fear, and suspense as Kyle 3 began to lift Samuel up in the air and…

Basil’s mouth went agape.

Samuel became a simple blur, slamming face-first into the ground. Basil's hands seemed to sweat uncontrollably. That must’ve left a dent in the floor if it happened to be made of wood. He didn’t really notice between anxiety-exploding moments.

He felt like he could literally hear the glass shards going into Samuel’s skin. Giving a tiny ’I’m-blaming-this-on-you’ glance To Cairn, who was currently wearing the jacket that could’ve possibly saved Samuel from bleeding as much as he is right now. Abbot lightly stared at the unmoving, static... Er… Corpse? Look, he didn’t think all the time negatively, but that guy was sure dead. But maybe the augmented heart can help with that? With, you know, not stopping?

"There you all are!"

Basil flinched once more as... Uhh... Miranda? Spoke. What was this girl's name, again?

"Airani is picking a fight with someone up on the stage and Rin and the others are getting sucked into it! Help!"

Basil frowned. Seems like they weren't the only ones between an augmented mob boss and a hard place.

And unlucky for Miranda over here, Rin isn't going to be the only one not listening to her at all. Ha ha. Ha. Sorry techno girl, the boys call! And what are the boys saying?-

-"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

Silly boys having a goofy time. Getting... Into a brawl with a mob boss...

Abbot's ears would ring after Cairn's panicked scream. After that, he just kindled a signal for Miranda to stay put, and they'll get to her later. Kind of obvious by his expression and the little pause motion he did with his hands.

He rubbed the sweat off his fingers as Cairn began to get up to go and get Samuel. This time, figuring that he should help, he shifted off his chair to get up. Before... Huh?! Is that... Err… Lexicon?…

There's no way! Haha! She's about to save the day, I think. Her really cool and awesome blinding attack, and it seems it was super effective against Kyle. Basil felt like he could silently cheer until he remembered...

…Wait...

Who's Lexicon?

He didn't know, but by helping and knowing Samuel's name, Basil hoped she was one old team member, like Raymond.

Whatever, point is, he should probably get up- "Oh. Hah. Very cute." -Nevermind. His seat is very comfortable. He'll just wait for Kyle not to be doing... "Kids these days will do anything but answer my questions" ...That.

Basil’s a late bloomer, okay? Just… Give him some more time to charge his angst power and he’ll be saving the day for sure. For sure… If he didn’t seem absolutely glued to his seat! God damn it... Get up and help these assholes, Abbot... Come on!...

It also felt like if he managed to stand up, Kyle would slap him to the next dimension. Wouldn't like to end up like Samuel, or Cairn for that matter. He wasn't going to get hands-on with Kyle, even in his dreams. That oven could squish him easily, so the best option could be... Run away? I mean, it's not like he cares that much about the study group, so it won't matter. But on the other hand...

"Hey guys, this might be a bad time but... THE BAR IS ON FIRE!"

Basil's eyes widened as he saw the, indeed, fire behind him. He got sweaty from both nervousness and the heat of having fire right behind him. Out of pure nature and fear of fire, and a little bit of trauma on the side, he rushed out of his seat, legs a little bit wobbly.

He looked directly at Kyle, who was manhandling around 3 high schoolers. And it's about to be four- FSSSSSHHHH
-five. He glanced at Raymond with a baffled face as he sprayed Kyle's face. Wait, that's right... His face! That was the least augmented thing about Kyle, maybe. It looked like that. He doesn't know, but he can guess.

Abbot got an idea.

A bad one at that.

He looked at his chair, then the fire, then his chair, then the fire. And then Raymond, who got a sprinkle of soda on his hair.

Ok. Eventually, after thinking this through, he decided that dousing the stool in the fire was not a good idea unless he wanted to get burnt himself. And he wasn't going to do that again.

Basil grabbed his chair by the back post/stile. He lifted it up to the air, and...

"Watch your hands!"

TONK!

Abbot struck the hefty chair against Kyle's head, groaning a little from the effort that it takes to lift and smash someone's head with a heavy-ish chair.

But... Was Kyle really going down that easily? No! Let's hit him a little more.

THUD! "Haha." BONK! "Fuckin' television." THUNK! "Stupid microwwAaAAveE" CLUNK!

His words broke as his arms got tired from lifting a chair and letting it down on Kyle's head again and again. Basil stopped his hitting, a tiny smile on his face. He chuckled as he kept the chair in his hands. Just in case he needed to use it again.

'Just in case.'

Last edited:
Mia Schneider
Bottom

Mia wasn't the kind of gal to start a catfight. But as mentioned so often before, she also wasn't the kind of schoolgirl to be in a place like this in the first place! Yet, deep inside, she couldn't deny the thrill and kick she secretly got out of this. So here she was, doing something that was so not her every now and then likely being the cause. ... At least until the very moment her ears sort of exploded. She could swear they were bleeding, though couldn't really tell if that really was the case.

After all, the only noise louder than what she heard right now was when Machina talked for six hours straight. And there her ears did not bleed either. Nonetheless, the unexpected music dazed Mia enough that it was Marion who finally got on top. Until now, the white hair was winning (whatever the definition of winning in a catfight may be), but as Marion put her hands on Mia's temple, she knew she was ducked.

"Oh shi-"

#HEARTSTOPPER - Love Marion~~~~ <3<3<3:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Instinctively, Mia tensed up, preparing for the worst as... nothing happened? At least nothing to herself.
Right!
Right...
"Oh, yeah..." She whispered to herself. There was enough of a pause in their conflict that whatever rush Mia felt now slowed down. Died down. Rin's Rithas Rithas call to assemble only further making her question herself.

What the fuck was she doing here?
This was a total kindergarten!

She was at least fortunate enough to be sorta too occupied to really pick up on the lowlife-thug-battle happening at the bar. Being pinned to the ground and all, with Marion pressing onto her. Not that Mia felt particularly threatened. Even less so as her dear AI companion finally returned to her side.

I like you more when you're honest, Machina. There have been times Mia was doubting her own distrust against Machina, but every now and then the AI showed her true face to reconfirm Mia's suspicions: Don't trust robots. All questions aside for the time being... because being told there were more running around like Machina AND they had a secret robot society meeting was quite concerning... Thanks, I guess. Though Mia wasn't really thankful. Did Machina think Mia was absolutely stupid or something? If Mia died, Machina died. Not to mention programs going haywire around her was a Mia-thing, not a Machina thing. So even IF Machina stopped it, rather than Mia's own enigmatic whatever-thing, the AI still acted out of self-preservation. No thanks were necessary.

"Well, I am just super duper special and totally not having any augments because I'm a cyber-vegan." Mia was seething with sarcasm for a moment. Rolling her eyes even as she took another deep breath. "Next time you try something funny again and I might just connect to YOU via the SFTP port you've used and recursively force delete all YOUR files." She tried to get the other girl off of her, without much success.

"Aaaannyyywwaay, can we just stop now, please? You started this, I acted out. We're even. This is dragging on way too long and becoming kind of bothersome. Unless YOU want to continue being absolutely fucking stupid and go for round two." A complete change of pace.

She tried to be civil, though if Marion dared to continue bothering her, she'd bite back.
Even if the most weirdest of all people stood right next to them.
She really creeped Mia out.

Rithas Rithas
Tau Tau

Lexi Noel
FiveElemental FiveElemental Rithas Rithas Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon
Pulling Samuel away was further complicated by Kyle's stubborn grip on the boy. And of course, Kyle pulling a 'mirror protocol' on her.

TO: HEARTRIPPER

THE MOMENT OF SURPRISE : )
BUT DO NOT FEEL TOO HAPPY
I AM ABOVE YOUR PAYGRADE

LITTLE GIRL.

!!!

MALICIOUS CODE DETECTED.
'MIRROR IMAGE' DETECTED.

Oh she was going to get this man. She didn't even have a pay grade yet!

Luckily, she didn't have to wait long before he activated his arm cybernetics and... Lexi's left eye shifted color for a moment, her intense desire to disassemble that prosthetic to see how it worked... how it ticked... how the nerves connected, if it could feel pain.

The weight of Samuel suddenly shifting solely onto her started her out of her reverie. Kyle grabbed Cairn, which was good. What was bad was that he still couldn't see. The chaos of the moment was overwhelming, between Miruno declaring the bar was on fire, Raymond then spraying water into Kyle's face. No, no that was soda. Samuel was not feeling well, and frankly this was all a bit much. Then Basil started going wild with a chair, and well that was the last thing she needed.

"Well, Samuel. We're running. Upsy daisy."
Lexi said as she pulled him over her shoulder and left Kyle and the rest to handle the whole mess. Limping away and out of the bar was her priority right now, since this was already starting so far out of hand, it was a dot on the horizon. She'd focus on saving the one guy she could right now.

Airani D.M.S
Flanagan's Bar

Airani's foot connected cleanly to the jaw of the larger student that was distracted by Mia lunging towards his sister. She took a step back as she watches him reeled back from the blow and looked as if he's about to fall. Though she kept her guard up despite it. And to see him standing his ground despite how direct and out of nowhere the strike was. It felt like she's stepping into a losing battle if they are going to square up fairly.

"Huh..." She mused out, both impressed and surprised that Ansel managed to keep himself standing. She then easily stepped back and weaved her body to the side, dodging his leap with such ease due to the wild nature and how dazed he was from the kick earlier. There was a thought within her to strike as the moment presents itself. But it wouldn't be fair now would it? She kept her distance from the guy as he put up his guard and taunted her...

"That's rich coming from a dumb musclebrain." Aira let out as she calculated her next attack. But then... Rin's announcement took her attention. Aira couldn't believe the words she heard from Rin, how stupid it was to call out their group like they're some kind of kindergartener. She glanced over to Mia who were still pinned down to the ground with Marion. Suddenly halting her aggression and tried to be civil. She shook her head lightly before turning her attention back to Ansel.

"She had a point there you know? You started this, we retaliate. We can cease but..." She took note on how enraged Ansel looked. "I don't see that you're calming down, so I feel like that's a stupid thing to ask. So... Let's settle this!" Aira then lunged forward to Ansel. Closing in, she could tell their size difference clearly. And so... Comes her next attack, calculated with their difference in mind.

Aira swung her right fist, arcing horizontally in an attempt to go through Ansel's guard and strike a hook to his head. Though she counted on her punch to be blocked. Which comes her next attack almost immediately, her left leg raised up right after. Swinging up and zeroing in swiftly towards Ansel's stomach. Counting on it to blow the air out of his lungs!

Flanagan's Bar

"Cyber Vegan?" Marion tilted her head in confusion as Rin's words resounded above them. She seemed unimpressed by Mia's threat. Yet she was the one who was wiping her nose to prevent blood running down her face. She was still pinning Mia down by her waist so there was nothing physically stopping her from beginning 'round two.'

The girl squinted at Mia's closing comment. "What do you mean 'you' started this? Onii-san was just yelling at you to get off the stage! It's reserved for the DJ only. We came out of the VIP room to see some random stranger up there messing and breaking things! Why wouldn't we have told you to get off!?" A exasperated tone was setting into her.

"The average sneeze can send around 100,000 contagious germs into the air." The weird girl spoke, staring at Mia all the while.

"And then your friend punched my brother despite no physical action from us!" Marion pointed to the brawl between her brother and Aira, still going on.

"Your parents don't show love because they are afraid of what is different."

"And then you jumped on me!" She gestured to Mia. "Current situation non-substantial."

"The word of the day is Absquatulate." Was she the only one hearing this?

Still, Mia could see her offer digesting in Marion's mind. The girl looked around at the scene unfolding around them. At the broken Dj fstand, at the dancing, at the fight, at the -hey wait was that fire!? Mia felt that she could read her opposite at the moment. Marion found most things bothersome. Life was bothersome. This was bothersome.

"Mi a iiM MiM M Mi i a iMM MM MMM i MiM Mi iMiM i MM iii iM a iMii iii MMi a Mi MiMM MiMM a Mi MiM M MiMiMi"

"...Sure, fuck it." The girl said with a sigh as she rolled off Mia till she was laying on the floor as well. "we'll deal with the consquences later." She said, sapped of any energy she portrayed moments ago. "Goooo ansel or something..."

"Eeeh?" Ansel responded to his sister's comment, stretching out his neck. Given a moment to sort himself out, he had adapted a boxer's stance. He seemed keen on keeping Aira at arm's length knowing his reach advantage. He was blinking repeatedly, his eyes still obviously effected from the paint. Not to mention the slight stagger to his footwork, but nevertheless Ansel was still bigger then Aira and had obviously been in a fight or two before with the way he was guarding himself.

"Yeah." He said with a pained smirk to Aira's comment. "Fuck peace."

Aira managed to close the distance fast; And her prediction was correct, Ansel raised his left arm and blocked her hook with his elbow. Perhaps it was the anger, the fact that he had been sprayed in the face, or the mild concussion he was likely gonna have. But Ansel went full offence, his body turning as he counter jabbed with his right. Which meant that he had nothing to stop her kick as it landed square into his guts. Aira's head jolted backwards as his jab landed. it hurt certainly, a mark on her face for later, sure. But the kick landing a fraction of a second earlier meant that any serious power had been softened.

"Ghhk-" Ansel croaked as he sunk to his knees. "What is with you and kicks?" He questioned before falling sideways onto the floor. "Ow."

"AH, FIRE!" Screamed Rin suddenly. What fire? Huh? The crowd snapped out of their fear induced dancing as they all turned away to something that the rest of them could not see.

"Well..." Marion nodded her head politely at the scene of her brother's defeat. "This seems unwinnable."

She pulled something up on her CICI.

"SPYDER!!!"

LowD LowD Skyswimsky Skyswimsky Tau Tau

"Oh shit my bad." Kyle said genuinely remorseful as he heard Maki's voice from where he was holding Cairn; Who could feel the grip on his leg begin to loosen.

"-THE BAR IS ON FIRE!" Rang a voice beginning to put on a show.

Kyle pulled a face when Maki's voice broke down. Didn't seem that concerned about being blind in a starting fire, mind you. But the sudden degradation of voice quality led to a sudden need for reaffirmation of the person he was holding. He began to pull Cairn up. "Wait a second"

Something sprayed him in the face. Raymond, to be specific. Was spraying *Non-Named Sugary Caffinated Hazelnut drink* at his face. "Is that *Non-Named Sugary Caffinated Hazelnut drink*? I hate *Non-Named Sugary Caffinated Hazelnut drink*!" In defence to the impromptu waterboarding he was experiencing as a newly blind man. Kyle raised Cairn straight up to block the stream.

Cairn was now being waterboarded by *Non-Named Sugary Caffinated Hazelnut drink*!"
It tasted like fizz.

Miruno's (virtual) fire was nice and impressive. It truly was one of her greatest illusions. The small problem was that over the music and some other spectacle happening on the othe rside of the bar, not many people had looked over. A few nervous glances of some students who began to get their way to the exit. Of which there was one.

Perhaps she needed to scream again. If only she could get louder then the whole ruckus happening across this bar.
"Ah, A fire!" Yelped Rin, her voice carrying across the enclosed space.
Well that would do. Miruno watched the entire crowd turn their heads to the scene happening.

There's something about fire. The brightness, the potential of ruin, the (non-existent) heat. It tickles the lizard brain that lies deep in everyone's concious and produces one thing.
Fear.
And no matter what you've been distracted by. The fear of fire always becomes the top of your priorities.
There was a panic at the disco.
"Oh shit!" Yelled a student.

And then everyone began to run for the exit.
Of which. There was one.

Lexi found herself (and Samuel who she was dragging along) blocked by the sudden mass of students heading for the exit. She could join, but all that jostling probably wouldn't do well for Samuel's lest then optimal condition. So perhaps it was best to just stand there like waiting for the green light at a busy intersection. Just stand there and ignore the scene behind her. Just...like...that.

They were all stuck there until the rest of the crowd got through that door.
Miruno felt the anxiety of hoping that nobody in that pile got tripped up.

"Oh my god would you stop with the soda!" Kyle yelled as he dropped Cairn on his head. Ouch. Leaving him lying on the floor in a puddle of unnameable soda. The student and his clothes all sopping wet, not to mention sticky. At least he wasn't being held up by a dangerous mercenary anymore. It was all about seeing the positive...

Raymond felt the stream of soda begin to sputter out. The fire had not been put out or even effected despite the large mass of soda poured on top of it. Didn't even smell like burning now that he thought about it. He had made Kyle drop Cairn. But had also essentially waterboarded his study buddy. He had also made the dangerous maniac in front of him a tad wet.
The smell of soda was strong.
It was the smell of adventure.

Kyle's eyes lit back up. As soon as they started to, Kyle held his free hand out into the 'fire'. A grin beginning to break out.

"Oh, so that's whats-"

"Watch your hands!"
*TONK!*

Basil smacked Kyle in the back of the head. The man lurched forward as the hit connected cleanly. With chaos ensuing around them, there was a sort of shocked silence in the immediate vicinity of this event as the quiet Basil just started to rail this mobster with a chair.

*THUD!* "Haha." *BONK!* "Fuckin' television." *THUNK!* "Stupid microwwAaAAveE" *CLUNK!*

Basil pulled his arms back up for another thwack. A mistake, as Kyle snapped out an arm onto the chair. "Stop." and he threw his arm sideways. Basil's grip on the chair was tight, which was a shame. As the chair was now hurtling at a high speed through a window. His body hadn't quite realised to let go before this happened, so his body was thrown sideways in the brief second he had kept his grip of the bars. His wrists popped as physics took hold and the chair was ripped from his grasp. Good news, he wasn't also going through the window. Bad news, he was now horizontal in the air. Basil did a cartwheel in the air before landing roughly on the ground with a thud.

RIP BASIL'S CHAIR - BAR NIGHT OUT TO BAR NIGHT OUT
'He loved to swing with you.'

Kyle rubbed his head gingerly before noticing the 5 pixel Maki. He followed her gaze forwards and up to...Miruno. He nodded to himself, affirming something in his head before vocally saying "But first-" He raised his knee up, His foot rising high above Basil's head. "Hah. Hah. Your fucking dead." And the man brought his boot down with force.

The music stopped.
"SPYDEEEER" Rung out through the bar's sound systems

His foot stopped an inch above Basil's face.

"SPYDER COME HERE RIGHT NOW!"

Frozen, everyone kinda just watched Kyle (Spyder?) stand there in a pose, an inch away from crushing their friend's head.
With another exaggerated sigh, The man rolled his eyes. "Urrgh~ Fucking teenagers."

Kyle turned on his heel to face the the mass of students piling together for the exit. Who, because he needed to get to the other side of the bar. Were now blocking his way. Frowning, the man tried to simply push through the crowd using his physicality. But the panicked crowd had form an impregnatable wall of people that even he couldn't just waltz through. This was delaying him enough that he was visible getting irritated. There was an understood notion in his Aura that Kyle (Or was it spyder) was not a man who kept letting a thing irritate him.

"Alrighty then."
A slight glow on his back.
Kyle blurred.

And within the next frame he was soaring in the air.

Ehb Ehb Tau Tau salem. salem. Teallionn Teallionn Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon FiveElemental FiveElemental Karyra Karyra

Rin Tanaka
Flanagan's Bar, Stage.

She had seen the figure trying to bulldoze his way through the panicking crowd. He was delayed, enough for Rin to sense that he was up to no good. She felt tingling in her limbs. From here, she was maybe the only one on this side of the bar that saw the figure rise into the air and go past the crowd in a moment's time.

"Get the bitch!" yelled Ansel. Who was he-

Aira felt a presence behind her drop down. Fighting instincts told the girl to turn and hit whatever it was immediately. Or run, there was definitely a voice telling her to run. She didn't really have a chance to do either. His hand was already reaching over her face. Shit, what the hell was she going-

"Stop!" Rin leapt through the air off the stage. Almost gliding as she fell towards Spyder, her hand jutted out in a literal 'stop' gesture. Rin was a pink star in the sky of a neon lite bar, who was wearing a high school uniform. She also ~almost~ made it to him. But sort of unceremoniously hit the ground a couple of feet ahead of the two. She immediately lost her footing and stumbled forward into Aira with a *bonk*. Their legs mixing together, Rin tilted over. Causing both of them to fall over onto the ground.

"Uh...huh." Spyder pursed his lips at the sight. That attempt at...something or another had made everyone a little quiet.

Ansel was the first, even in his injured state, to speak out. "Get the blue haired one!"

Spyder clicked his tongue in irritation, "Really?"
He reached down to grab Aira. Who was stuck underneath Rin,
Uh oh.

"HOLD!" Screamed(?) the unblinking girl. Aira couldn't even look at who was yelling seeing as Rin was still trying to untangle herself from their predicament.

"DATA RETRIEVED. RETURNING TO MASTER. SPYDER, LEAVE THIS MESS ALONE"

*SCRRROMP*

Everyone blinked.
There was a mannequin standing there. A little post it note stuck to it's face with a crudely drawn smile on it.
Of course it was a mannequin. There was never a doctor there. There was never a childhood friend. There was never-

Kyle looked at his watch. Or made the gesture of someone looking at their watch. Nobody could see a watch on him. Hell, who even wore watches anymore. CICI always had the time available?

"Oh, would you look at that. I gotta go."

Ansel grunted, half in surprise half in pain. "What do you mean you gotta go. Fuck her up!"
"Yeah, sorry man. Gotta go do a job for someone."
"For who!? W-We're your employer!"
Kyle raised a finger. "One~ of my employers. And one of the lower paying ones, might I add." He began to turn away from the twins.
"Wait!" Ansel said, feebly putting an hand up. "C-Can't you do this before going!"
"Bro" Kyle shrugged. "It's in the green district. Do you know how long public transport takes to get there at this time!?"
"B-but..."
"It's not my fault you got your ass kicked by a girl dude." Kyle gave a thumbs up to Aira, who he had been a moment from seriously harming. "Nice hits by the way."

Ansel was left to just sputtering nonsensical at the scenario that was unfurling in front of him. It had truly been a poor day on his side.
Marion on the other hand stayed quiet, perhaps it was fear of the man that was in front of them. She seemed a lot more capable of sensing when it was good to keep quiet then her brother.

"Anyway..." Kyle walked over to a nearby wall. Some sort of device pushed out from his arms as he climbed up the walls to the broken window that Basil's chair (rip) had gone through. He turned his head as he stood on the window's frame. "I-...Oh it doesn't matter now. Be seeing you soon, or not at all. Hah. Hah. Live in fear! Hah. Hah. Or don't! Hah. Hah. Unless...." He flashed his golden teeth once more before he flipped backwards outside into the night. That last bit seemed unneeded....

All the study group members looked at each other.
From the poor physical conditions of some of their members. To the fear they had felt in their hearts.
The situation they were just in...
Had....
Had they all nearly died?

Rin stood up. Swiping a piece of hair out of her eyes. The girl looked fine, if a little embarrassed. Certainly better then everyone else looked or was feeling at this point. She looked over to the gang at the bar counter, who were now fully visible with the crowd out of the way. The absolute mess they all were. A clueless face staring at them.

"What's with that look on your faces?"

She looked behind them.

"Hey! That fire's fake!"

@ Everyone

A minute or two later

Rin Tanaka
Flanagan's Bar

They had all grouped again, despite the practical feeling of wanting to get out of this forsaken place. They still had to wait for some stragglers to leave the building, who, whether or not Miruno had turned off the fire seemed determined to not listen or look behind them as they followed the crowd out. To nurse their wounds and to get feeling back into their hands and feet.
Thankfully, it seemed no one has garnered a serious injury. Samuel was able to move himself at this point. It seemed despite the force of the attack he had come out with nothing too damaged. A big dark bruise in the morning, certainly.

She hadn't quite realised the extent of some of her fellow study buddies injuries or trauma.
But she was sensing a somewhat...negative vibe from the rest of them towards her.

So clearly it was best to get past that by scolding two people who had done worse things then her. Not that she had done anything wrong, obviously.

"Well, I hope you learn something from instigating a fight" She said in a condescending tone, waggling a finger at the two recovering siblings.

"WE DIDN'T INSTI- Oh nevermind." Marion looked at all of them with increasing indignation. "WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE!"

To Dance and Frolic.

They all had the sudden urge to say.
They managed to keep it down in their throats.

"Well I guess I can tell you now..." Rin smiled, As if this would explain everything. Putting a hand on her hip, She set into a narrative tone. "Well, it all started when we couldn't find our teacher for class. You see, Mr.Yano has bee-"

Both twins balked at the same time."Yano? THAT'S THE REASON YOUR HERE FOR?"
"Er...yes." Rin responded, clearly a little upset that her tale had been cut short.
Ansel dragged himself up, leaning against the wall. "How do you even- He's been trying to hide him fr-"
"Shhh!" Marion put a finger to her brother's lips.
"What we mean to say is that Yano does not want to be found."

Rin tilted forward in a conspiratorial manner. "Oh?"

"Yes. Very much 'Oh!" Ansel seethed. "Just leave hi..." Ansel trailed off, seeing something behind everyone else.
"Or I guess you can just ask Yano himself..."
As everyone went to follow their gaze, a man was walking out of the VIP section. (Or at least they assumed, they had never actually confirmed that thinking about it.)
He walked into the club lights, and they all tried to get a good view of his appearance.

No.
Wait.
That was Mr.Yano.

Their teacher was right there.

"Oh!" Rin exclaimed as their reason to go into this mess stood infront of them. "Oh." She said a bit more quietly. She hadn't quite expected the search to had just...ended like this.

It was definitely totally completely conformationally their teacher. The middle age man with balding hair wearing a jumper and khaki combo that he often wore to the academy to teach was right there. Sauntering out from the VIP with a lost look on face. To be exact, he had a bit of a million yard stare going on as he continued walking forward. Not talking, not looking at them. Just...moving forward at them. They could see little bruises across his face as he got nearer.

It was probably best for at least some of them to just go forward and talk to him.
But wait.
What exactly did they want to tell him again?
Or...even do?

@ Everyone

(Secret) MISSION FINISHED!

Along came a Spyder

Recipients

: Everyone
  • Alerted the Barman to your intentions.​
  • Encountered Spyder, the very unfriendly neighbourhood man.​
  • Nobody could come up with a good excuse to Spyder.​
  • Nobody answered his questions.​
  • Spyder realised that Maki was an AI. He seemed interested by this.​
  • After being threatened, Samuel was first to strike. He knew that Spyder had military augments, but it wasn't enough to help Samuel.​
  • Spyder retaliated, hurting Samuel. That'll leave a bruise!​
  • Lexi arrived in a timely fashion to blind Spyder. Her trojan was repelled, and she found that he had a mirror programme.​
  • Cairn tried to free Samuel from Spyder, but found himself upside for his efforts. Maki's quick thinking stopped harm to Cairn.​
  • After Miruno started a fire panic as distraction, Raymond sprayed Kyle with liquid. Spyder defended by using Cairn as a shield.​
  • Basil decided to be quirky with the sauce and went at him with a chair. He got a good few hits in, Spyder definitely felt that!​
  • Spyder noticed that Maki and Miruno had some connection. Probably nothing, right?​
  • Basil nearly got his head crushed. But Spyder was called off by Aira and Mia winning against the twins in a fight!​
  • The chaos caused by Miruno led to Spyder to be delayed, Allowing Rin the chance to stop him hurting Aira. Even if it was by falling over.​
  • Enough time was taken up that Spyder shift was over. He left with a grin and a warning of maybe seeing him again.​
  • Wow, you survived a fight with an augmented gangster. Woo!​
  • Good thing he doesn't know you all are. Oh...wait.​

TROPHIES AWARDED!

Airani D.M.S awarded with the Answer First Trophy - "Talk shit get banged." - Win a Fight - City Life Collection LowD LowD
  • BONUS TITLE ACHIEVED: "The Danger" - After kicking the ass of a 'tough' bruiser. Students now see Aira as someone to not fuck with.
Miruno Asagahawa: awarded with the Welcoming Arsonist Trophy - "Well, I guess we did start the fire." - Start a fire* (Virtual or not) - Crime Collection Ehb Ehb
Basil Abbot: awarded with the Carpenter tools Trophy - "A Stool is a stool." - Use furniture as an attack/defence. - City Life Collection salem. salem.

Last edited:

shiho-banner.jpg

Shiho Nakamura
Flanagan's Bar - Entrance

After skipping today's school at Academy Six, due to reasons that she is too embarrassed to disclose with her groupmates, Shiho decided to help out with the Study Group's venture in looking for Mr. Yano, who went missing earlier today in school. Based from the communication that she had gotten from the Study Group's online chat, Shiho went straight to Flanagan's Bar. Of course, the flamboyant blonde teenager went there with her beloved car, only to realize she had troubles finding a parking spot. She even readied herself to pay the exorbitant charges on so-called "VIP parking lots", where it is just a patch of abandoned land controlled possibly by a bunch of local gangers. Even those sketchy spots were full as well!

Or maybe Shiho ended arriving at the peak hour, where most people of The City With No Name wanted to drown themselves in alcohol. Regardless, after circling the block a couple of times, the blonde student finally found an empty spot, and quickly parked her car there.

But something was amiss. She noticed that people were coming out from Flanagan's Bar en masse. Some were running away from it, even! Shiho thought she might be seeing things, but turns out she was not hallucinating after all. After stepping out from her car, she carefully made her way to the bar, trying her best to get through the large crowd at the entrance as discreetly as possible...

Flanagan's Bar - Interior

To her surprise, the bar was pretty much vacant. What happened here? Shiho felt like she walked into a trap. What if the others were outside by now, and she got pranked? Fortunately, most of her ill thoughts went away, when she managed to discover the members of the Study Group. Upon closer inspection on her groupmates however...

Shiho dropped her jaw. Her cyan colored eyes went wide, as she realized some of the members were pretty much battered by violence. Not to mention there are two unknown persons who looked like twins? They seemed pretty sketchy, as well. Though, Shiho eventually realized what the Study Group members were looking at.

It was Mr. Yano in the flesh. But their homeroom teacher had the classic telltale sign of a traumatized expression. The little bruises on his face further proved the blonde teenager's suspicion.

"Um, guys? Girls?" Shiho finally spoke to the Study Group members, after she was done looking around. "... Maybe we should talk to Mr. Yano? He seemed pretty battered. He even had the classic thousand yard stare on his eyes!"

With that said, she decided to take the first step. The blonde in a striking red-white techwear outfit moved slightly closer, so that she would not have to shout at him.

"Mr. Yano, are you okay? I received news that you were missing from school earlier today! I think you're safe now..."

Shiho then turned to her back, and conjured her question back to the members of the Study Group.

"So, what happened here? Was there a major fight earlier on? I planned to arrive here earlier, but traffic being traffic slowing me as always."

Interactions: Rithas Rithas (Mr. Yano/Twins/Rin) Ehb Ehb (Miruno) Tau Tau (Machina) salem. salem. (Basil) Teallionn Teallionn (Raymond) Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon (Cairn) FiveElemental FiveElemental (Samuel) Karyra Karyra (Lexi) Skyswimsky Skyswimsky (Mia)

Last edited:
Cairn Orias
Flanagan's Bar ~ Front of House, Bar
Cairn expected some catharsis from the kick. He imagined it would suddenly make it easier to pull Samuel away. Instead, a shot of pain recoiled back through his leg, making it feel stiff and weak suddenly. His attempt at gaining leverage had failed miserably; Kyle's arm didn't seem to move even a centimetre. There was enough time for Cairn to process his failure and feel some fear before Kyle's arm twisted like the head of an owl and latched onto his own limb. Very quickly, Cairn was being pulled up, with little he could do to stop it. He cried out in pain, unable to soften his fall as his other leg on the ground gave him, causing him to slam into the floor. It was cold. He looked at the members' various expressions of surprise as the lights which hung above the bar were now blinding him from the bottom of his vision. His stomach churned.

His body jerked violently once, instinctively bracing itself for some kind of impact. He shut his eyes and clenched his fists, praying that it wouldn't be bloody. Matthew's voice, proposing something ridiculous, echoed in his mind. There was genuine concern in his tone, which made Cairn feel even more sick. He ignored that 'advice', and waited in anxiously for Kyle's self-defense.

"Aaaahhhhh!! What are you doing!? Let me go, you big brute!!"

He opened an eye. A feminine voice, one that didn't exactly belong to any of the group members, rung out beside his ear. Machina's visage was right in front of him, trying to help. He was thankful, even if he wasn't sure it would actually work, and also impressed at how quick the AI was on the uptake. Was it actually that impressive considering Kyle's 'hint'? Maybe not, but that didn't really matter right now. Any outcome which resulted in him not taking a mouthful of the various hard surfaces in the bar was a good one in Cairn's eyes. And it was working! He heard Kyle utter an apology, and felt his body being lowered down just slightly. Things were starting to go smoo--

"Hey guys, this might be a bad time, but.... THE BAR IS ON FIRE!"

Huh?

In the corner of his right eye, there... really was fire! Across the whole counter, waves of flames were whirling, and the surroundings looked a bit hazy. The chaos was hard for Cairn to process. What caused it? Who caused it? And... how exactly was a metal bar on fire? Even if he tried his hardest to succumb to placebo, he really didn't feel any extra heat. Hearing Machina's voice distort and crackle, he looked back towards her... it, and what had previously been a humanoid figure had devolved into a fuzzy pinkish-peach mush. It clicked abnormally fast. The fire was... a projection, from Miruno. Cairn had no idea she was able to pull something off on this scale. He started hearing voices raise in other areas of the bar. Perhaps the point was to make so much chaos that even Kyle couldn't ignore it. Unfortunately, he was suddenly pulled back up, making him feel queasy in an instant. Kyle had caught on. He shut his eyes again, curling in. This time, a hit was coming.

...Except, instead of a hit, it was a... drizzle? He looked up towards Kyle, where the droplets of liquid were coming from, and followed the stream to its source. It was Raymond, executing one of his bar tricks, with a newfound level of precision. Each time Cairn thought he was done for, another person seemed to pull him back from the brink of death. Well, maybe not death, but from the brink of feeling a lot of pain, at the least. Kyle quickly shifted his grip on Cairn's leg, and the stream went from blasting Kyle in the face to blasting Cairn in the stomach. The drizzle had turned into a sort of river that was running down... up...? Towards his chin, past his forehead, and dribbling off his hair. Cairn covered his mouth with his hands, trying to move his head away from the liquid that was falling down on him. He wasn't a fan of fizz, and it didn't help that other liquids were also rushing towards his head.

Speaking of his head, it suddenly slammed into the floor. The soda had caused him to let down his guard, though even if it was up, it likely wouldn't have done much to null the sharp pain that shot through his neck. He was sure that he had let out some kind of noise upon hitting the ground, but even though his mouth had opened, he didn't hear anything. He felt numbness in multiple areas of his head, and he flopped forward awkwardly onto his stomach, directly into the puddle of liquid that formed below him - just in case there were any parts of his white uniform shirt that were thinking of surviving the onslaught unscathed. In the back of his throat was a terrible taste. Cairn glanced up soon enough to see Basil on the ground, and Kyle's foot above him, frozen. In the next moment, he had disappeared, a small rush of air fanning him shortly after.

He used up his remaining strength to get onto his knees. He leaned his weight on one hand, placing the other on his mouth. or a brief moment, he felt... stable. Then in the next, bread, alcohol, jalapenos, and a bit of non-named sugary caffeinated hazelnut drink started to rumble. Taking a sharp breath through his nose, he leaned forward towards the counter and took his hand off his face.

"B-BLAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHH"

Cairn was on the edge of the group's huddle, crouched down on the ground with his head buried in his knees. He hadn't thrown or taken a single punch or kick, and somehow he almost looked worse than Samuel. A mini cowlick had formed near Cairn's forehead as a result of the soda in his hair drying, leaving only the sugary residue behind. One of his pant legs was stained dark brown by the soda. The only movements he made were the slight rise and fall on his back from his breathing.

He had never felt so defeated before. Even while being one of the members more invested in the search for Yano, Cairn could confidently say that all he cared about at the moment was changing into some other clothes and going to bed. He was still disoriented, and thoroughly embarrassed. What was he even thinking? He had admonished Samuel for rashly confronting Kyle only to do the same thing moments later, and it had really just been sheer luck that he made it out of that as intact as he was. He was lucky that the other members covered, or at least tried to cover for his ass, and lucky that Kyle's interest in them had waned in the time that it did. They may have found Yano in the end, but the victory felt hollow. They hadn't really saved him from anything - he simply walked out towards them after the chaos had died down - and there was a lingering tension between him and the study group. How exactly were they supposed to explain themselves? 'Hey, since you weren't at school we snooped through your tablet and figured out you were here, hope you're doing fine'? Was Yano going to be pleased with what they had done? Cairn didn't let that comment of Yano 'not wanting to be found' slip by him.

He raised his head upon hearing the voice of Shiho, who had appeared out of nowhere, blissfully unaware of everything that had taken placed in the bar up until then. It irritated him, even though he was well aware that wasn't really her fault. He watched as she initiated with Yano first, half wondering if it was wise to be so direct with Yano, half content to let the more extroverted side of the study group deal with it. Upon hearing her ask about a fight, he scanned the other members of the study group, noting a slightly puffy cheek on Airani and a ruffled up Mia. He could only guess at what exactly happened on the other side of the bar, though he assumed they had come out on top of whatever scuffle they were in.

"Yeah," he croaked in response. "We didn't save him, though."

Cairn shifted his weight and weakly stood up. He peeled his crinkly shirt away from his chest and straightened out his shoulders. He hobbled over to Samuel, noting the dozens of little cuts and tears in the back of his own shirt. If Cairn's was going to turn beige after a wash, Samuel's was probably going to turn a pinkish colour. He waited a little bit, thinking of what was best to say, before placing a hand on Samuel's shoulder.

"Hey, um... about the jacket." He looked down at its insides, which hadn't borne the brunt of the soda assault but were still certainly dampened. "I... I'll make sure it gets back to you the same way it was before we walked in here. Just give me a day or two..." He already had an inkling of what to try, though he wasn't sure how well it would work. He looked around for Lexi, but upon finding her, he was stumped on what exactly to say. Maybe there wasn't even a need to say anything? He stared at her for some time, then turned away silently. The next person he felt a need to say something to was Raymond, who was also on the outside of the group; perhaps not comfortable enough to sidle in. Cairn made his way over to him as well, making sure not to cut through the group as he did so.

"Uh, Ray... mond?" For a moment, he doubted his memory of Raymond's name, having not seen or spoken with him for a while. Cairn had a sheepish expression. "Sorry about the mess."

Emiya Shin Emiya Shin FiveElemental FiveElemental Teallionn Teallionn

Raymond Denhart
Flanagan’s Bar

Raymond dropped his spent hoses and tried to catch his breath. He wasn't really able to process the scope of the situation but he basked in the relief of Kyle being gone and everyone still being in one piece. It all seemed so quiet now...and sticky. Raymond watched as the last few people hurried out, probably wouldn't have been any tips there anyway.
Then Shiho appeared like she was right on time. It felt cinematic, like an investigator arriving first the scene, getting the scoop from the witnesses. Oh right, Mr.Yano! So what did everyone want to talk to him about anyway? Probably something urgent that couldn't wait until next class? Raymond nodded along to his own thoughts, he was also majorly impressed by Shihos line about the traffic, but he'd find an opening to compliment her on that properly later. Hopefully there would be a later.

Even though the study group was all here together for the first time in ages, Raymond was feeling a little disconnected from them, until one of the quieter group member approached.

"Sorry about the mess."
It was Cairn, looking a little worse for wear but very earnest.

Few kind words that had been spoken to Raymond in his time at Flanagans. He almost couldn't believe Cairn was apologizing to him, and so sincerely that Raymond had to think about it for a moment. He's sorry about the mess? He took a good look around and yep, the place was trashed. Even though Raymond himself had caused a great deal of the damage, it was clear in his mind that Kyle had totally started it. And the study group had handed him a golden opportunity to bail on the whole 'working here' thing.

None the less, he was touched by Cairns apology. Raymond placed his hands on Cairns damp shoulders, firmly but gentle enough not to cause any extra hurt to his bruised classmate, "No man, I'm sorry for soda-gunning you! I was aiming for Kyle and the whole fire situation threw me off my game! You were brave as hell to stand up to him like that" He leaned in a bit closer, "-and don't worry, I am so not cleaning this up." He gave himself a quick pat down, as if searching for something. "Ah Cairn... I'd offer you a towel or something but it's all..." he rolled his hand gesturing to the soaked carnage "..like this." Cairn didn't seem to mind though, he probably just needed some rest.

Raymond cleared his throat and announced loudly to the room,"Yep! Looks like its back to full-time education for me!" He made a point to toss his name tag behind him nonchalantly, "Ooor wherever we're heading after this..?" He raised his eyebrows, giving everyone a quick glance to affirm himself as not only back in the group but letting them know his schedule was wide open.

Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon Rithas Rithas Emiya Shin Emiya Shin @ Everyone

Miruno Asagahawa
Flanagan's Bar

It was an understatement to say that many-a-thing happened - between Miruno starting her virtual fire, to everyone in the study group somehow reunited in this place that most of the members would not have even thought of going to for any reason. Well, Miruno at one point sort of wanted to, but that was in the past with a different sort of company. It was only after being witness to this complete chaos that Mr. Yano awkwardly stumbled out from on high in the VIP section to meet them.

Well shoot. Getting to the VIP section was really all it would've taken to find the missing teacher Rin was going nuts over?

Well, does that even matter at this point? Miruno thought as she looked at the aftermath of of their mission. A cleared out bar, and an also generally trashed out bar for the most part. The boys were bonding over their fight, Rin off of the stage, and Shiho who came out of nowhere were looking with inquisitive expressions at Mr. Yano who just found them. Maki was still in sleep mode, and everyone else was in general just trying to get a breather.

In Miruno's case, she needed to cool off. Her chip, specifically.
The stress on her chip in generating and projecting that much data in real time had put it running at its absolute limit for just a few seconds. It was enough that even her primary interfaces started to seize up, something she'd only seen once or twice during firmware updates. But then again, it was not all too surprising given how much she had put her chip through. Miruno wasn't entirely sure how much she even helped in this situation, but she wanted to feel like the effort was helpful in cutting down the amount of time her club-mates were getting bodied by that bouncer. That person was real scary.

Still, for that effort the area where her chip was installed was most certainly overheating a bit. It was enough to make Miruno concerned - in fact the area on her skin was a little red even.

Doing more self diagnostics, Miruno kept on checking through the state of her chip.
In short, it was fine. It was still working normally and feeling more normal as her body took care of cooling that hotspot off. The damage done was more along the lines of what lengths the chip did in order to free up processing power.

It seemed like it had even forced shut down some processes in order to be able to feed the data hungry fire projection.

Tau Tau

But wait... Did it close out Maki's application while doing that? Miruno thought.
Ah! That was bad if that really happened!
Miruno hadn't closed out Maki's process before! She didn't even know what would happen if she actually did!
She wasn't ever really sure if Maki's 'instance' was something that would disappear if she ever closed that out.

In general terms, the possibility that if Maki's data process - or instance, was to be closed out, the next time Miruno would open it back up, Maki would be as clueless as the day she was first booted up. With no memory of the past ten plus years they've spent together!

Miruno never knew exactly what hidden process Maki was running off of, or where exactly.
So the distinct 'what if' of this situation was like seeing someone disappearing over a ledge and not knowing whether they stepped down into the next level or were in the process of falling to a splat!

"Uh, Maki...? Are you still there? Makiiii~?"

Miruno whispered out like quietly calling out to a kitty cat.
But alas, whatever answer Machina had to give would not be heard by Miruno. The machine code 'Blind' command was still in effect.

And so, silence. Everyone around Miruno were still conversing along. But the voice of Machina was nowhere to be heard for. Nor was the fantastical looking magical girl avatar to be seen. Perhaps... Machina was till in the middle of processing something. Maybe. But, this felt like the first time Machina wasn't responding to her calls. Granted, it was kind of like that all day - Miruno hadn't seen Machina since this whole thing with Yano began - but still. Maki was supposed be right here on call like any virtual assistant.

Regardless of those feelings...
Nothing from Machina.

Oh well, there wasn't much point worrying about that right now.
There were more important things to attend to. They all had gone about (unintentionally - at least on Miruno's part) trashing this bar to find someone who ended up finding them instead. Samuel, Cairn, and Basil had all been thrown around like rag-dolls going up against that bouncer.

There wasn't much Miruno had to say to Mr. Yano. In the end, it was Rin who was really looking for the guy. Miruno, as well as everyone else here was dragged into this whole situation, so it seemed appropriate to let her deal with it. Maybe she could offer to help out the boys. They really got thrown around just now...

Teallionn Teallionn Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon FiveElemental FiveElemental salem. salem.
Walking up towards them, most certainly, it looked like pretty much just Raymond managed to make it out relatively unscathed. Approaching the group, she heard bits of Cairn and Raymond mutually apologizing to one another. Wrecking their job, spraying one down and not having a towel... Oh yeah. The image of Cairn being used as a water child by the bouncer flashed through her head and immediately made her feel very sorry for him.

"Yep! Looks like its back to full-time education for me!" He tossed his name-tag away as an affirmation. "Ooor wherever we're heading after this..?"

"That's a pretty brave proposition coming from the person who went absent for like, a majority of the year?" Miruno said in a playfully harsh tone as she walked up to Cairn and Raymond. Her expression softened as she looked between the injured fighters of their supposedly mundane study club. "Anyway, I think the next thing you guys should be heading towards is the hospital. Samuel looks like he's been tenderized, Cairn, you look Sauteed, and Basil looks like he's was just one flip away from becoming a pretzel."

It was a little hard to tell if Miruno's words were trying to lighten the mood, or criticizing the effects of what came of them fighting that bouncer. Miruno herself wasn't sure either. But...

"Here, Cairn. You can use this."

A purple colored handkerchief.
Presumably to help Cairn dry up a little. It was totally unsuited for the magnitude of which the young man had been soaked to though. The look on Miruno's face seemed to indicate that she felt really sorry at what had befallen Cairn through all of this. Looking equal lengths apologetic as it was pitying. Between getting held up by the leg like some kind of animal, or getting used as a spray shield - the clear look of pity in Miruno's face drove home how unfortunate she felt about what happened to him.

So, even just a small handkerchief to just show sympathy felt necessary even if it was likely going to take a bath and change of clothes to really dry out from this episode of youthful misadventure.

Emiya Shin Emiya Shin

"Anyway, maybe we should get you guys to the hospital. We can ask Shiho to pile you all into her car and drive you there? You can help too Raymond, since something tells me we're going to need someone who can lift up Sam or Basil. Or... do you guys want me to call an ambulance for you?"

Rin Tanaka
Flanagan's Bar
Rin perked up as she saw a familiar person enter the now empty (and partially destroyed) bar. "Oh, Shiho!" She clasped her hands, "I was wondering where you were today." Happy to see another one of their study mates, and perhaps a little eager to talk to someone who had not nearly died. Rin stepped forwards to get closer to Yano and her. The bruised man looked at Shiho as she asked him a question on his well being. Though the stare he was giving her it was more accurate to describe as him looking through her. "S-Safe?" The man uttered rather aimlessly.

Teallionn Teallionn Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon Emiya Shin Emiya Shin Ehb Ehb

Rin shot a sharp look back at the twins at their teacher's ragged state. Ansel raised his hands in a defiant matter "H-Hey, he came to us like that in the bruised state. Not sure why he's so quiet. Maybe it's the fact that you fucking ruined tonight!?" Well that wasn't very nice language to say to a lady, Rin thought as she decided to just not look at the beaten up bruiser. The one that wasn't a study mate, anyway.

D'aaaw~ Matthew said between Cairn's actions. You can almost forget that it was their idiocy that got you into this mess. The jacket really was a wet sticky mess. Were there any laundries around here? Did he have a dryer? Would putting it out to air dry leave an unmistakable layer of grime on it? These were the type of decisions Cairn was going to have to face.

Marion pointed at Raymond in response to his declaration of independence. "You can't quit. You're fired!"
"Yeah and we're docking you for the soda you wasted."
"Onii-San, we weren't paying him."
"Oh, well we're not writing a referral letter then!"

Rin let out a little gasp at Miruno's remarks. "Miruno! Humour is not an appropriate response to someone's physical trauma!" But seeing as the pink haired punk was busy clapping her hands in front of Yano's face to get his attention, it was up to the gang to figure out if that classified as humour itself.

"What about a ambulance for my brother huh? You kicked him the face."
The brother straightened his sitting posture to gesture that he wasn't in pain. In fact, he didn't even know what pain was. Pain feared him. "Nah~~ sis i'm pretty sure I'll be fi-"
"Shut up Ansel."
"Ok."

There was a small look shared between the group. An awkward shared company car journey in the near future was stored for some of them.

"Yano?" The two girl's efforts seemed to not have pulled their teacher out of his stupor yet. Rin increased the intensity of her clapping. "EEEELLO-

Their teacher blinked.
His stare came into focus.

"Shiho? Rin?" He gave a strange look between the two of them, before a look of befuzzlement set upon him at the sight of the entire group behind them. "What....how....why....." Now it didn't look like he was in another universe mentally. The rather predictable (to anyone but Rin at least) attitude of confusion at their presence here was on their teacher.

Yano looked around at the mess.
"Class." A tone set into his voice as he straightened his tie. "Explain this."

Rin fiddled with her bottom lip piercing, moving it around with her teeth. "Well...you see..."

Turning smoothly on her heel, She gestured to Shiho and the rest of the group with what could only be described as Jazz Hands.
"They can explain it really easily actually." Rin announced, a receptionist's smile planted on her face.
"So, you know. Go ahead guys! Tell him the reasons!"

@ Everyone !

Last edited:
It was a dingy office. It's limited floor space taken up by one massive desk. A dirty window let light come in through it's shutters. It was dusty and smelled damp. Not exactly the place that Morissa would want to sit around for too long. Not to mention the other thing that made it an undesired location.
A governmental police agency?
Well, that's what she got for being caught.

"Sit down there." said a man who had taken occupation of the desk. She couldn't tell if he was a detective or just an office worker. He held a cup of coffee up to his lips. Smacking his lips with delight after a gulp, Morrisa felt it was purely for show.

"Look, I'm gonna shoot you straight. Usually we throw weirdos like you into a private prison somewhere for some corpo to put you to manual labour. But you're lucky. Because a certain someone found your file interesting...." He sighed, laying his hands onto the desk. "We're giving you a second chance. To not serve a sentence with a bunch of actual psychos." He pushed a document to her. What was with all these physical documentation, everything was digital now? Given the iotas to open the file, the first thing she saw was a name. 'Academy Six'. Oh, that was that shitty public school.

"Go to there like a good little student, don't cause any trouble. Graduate, find a job like a normal fucking human being and we're let you off on probation." He held up a finger. "But since we don't trust you as far as we can throw you. We're gonna add another clause. Look on the other side of the file." Which she did.

Another name in bold.

Veritas?

"It's an experimental programme that needs some test subjects Hence the chance you're getting. Simply put, it's gonna watch everything you do and punish any naughty deeds."

This side of the file had a list.

"Trying to kill someone? Jail.
Steal from someone important? Jail.
Harm a student? Strong Electrocution, then Jail.
Threaten someone? Electrocution, but no Jail.
Handle any sharp objects? Believe it or not, electrocution.
Fail your tests? Also electrocution...
Piss off a teacher? You guessed it, electrocution.
Try to hack the software? Super electrocution."

He chuckled to himself.

"Bare in mind. Not accepting this? Jail for life."

Marissa looked at him, what did she even want to say to this?

~~~~~

Morrisa walks up to the desk, moving her left hand to her hip to where she normally keeps her knife- of course she knows it was confiscated, but it's just muscle memory to go for it when she's being threatened like this. She places her other hand on the deck, growling at the man. Who was he that's so important to dictate what she can and can't do, anyway?
And then a thought comes to her, and she can't help but smirk.

"Ya gonna haveta be more clear about all this, ya know~ there are so many big and scary people out there in Night City-" Not the name, of course, but it gets the point across. "Surely ya not gonna jail me just for trying ta protect myself a little. And how can I be a 'good' student if I don't handle anything sharp? Isn't that the point of those places?" she has a bit of a misunderstanding about school in general, but she has heard that 'smart' people are 'sharp'. "Like what, pencils and scissors and knives and such? What if it's, like, for a test or whatever?" She reaches for the papers so she can read them herself, scrunching the papers a bit in her tense fingers.

She takes some time reading through it, resting her hip against the table- standing here in jeans and a tank top, it's clear that she is small for her age. "Ugh, how many years is this cra- ugh. Junk?" She hasn't read through the full list of things she can get punished for; it wouldn't surprise her to find cursing on there somewhere.

What the hell, though, she's a good enough actor to lure unsuspecting victims to her whenever she wants a bit of fun, surely she can put up with something like this for a few years, then she'll hop on a place to France or London or whatever and get whatever trackers remain on her taken off so she can be free of all this. "Hey." she waves the papers to get the man's attention. "If I can't take what I want anymore, how'm I supposed ta eat?" her accent slips a little and she places her free hand back on the desk again. "And sleep and junk? Ya not gonna force me ta sleep in the school, yea? Ya'd havta be daft." The whole thing is idiotic to her anyway.

She slumps down in the provided chair hard enough to tilt it on its back legs- she was trying to knock it right over by 'accident', but this will have to do, her feet arch in her sneakers, ready to turn and run if anything new happens, but with people guarding the exits and the door locked, her only hope for escape would be through the windows. "Get a bit of leniency on these things and I'll consider it. If I can get a teacher ta agree with me, I shouldn't get punished for it. Sound like a deal? Oh, and the food and sleep sh- tuff. Tha' too."

~~~~~

He was giving her a look.

The man (Liam Culley, she realized from seeing his name on a certificate on the back wall) sighed at the girl's demand. "Morrisa, you're young. So I'll give you the benefit of doubt. But I'm not quite sure you quite grasp the situation yet." He took another gulp of coffee. "We have your face. We have your name. We have your CICI trace. You cannot hide from us." Who was 'us' exactly anyway? "Stabbing people tends to make you lose leverage in negotiation."

"You're a waste on the system already at this point. Financially it doesn't make sense to keep you stuck here when money allotted for better people can be used. At the current path your story only ends in one way."
He leaned back in his chair, adjusting his tie. "Do you know the price of a young girl's heart and lungs on the black market? Cause I do."

!?!?!?

"Frankly, this is an investment in the Veritas Programme more then you. You're just a handy specimen to try it on. Don't worry, it's an adaptive and learning AI. So it should be fine not shocking you when you pick up a pencil. Well, after a few tries anyway." He chuckled again to himself as he pushed another piece of paper to her on the desk. No seriously what was with this place and physical records.

"You'd be joining the senior year. So only a year to graduation. Food and shelter will be provided at this address. It's a dormitory near the academy. This experiment is no good if you starve or freeze to death anyway." He turned to look at something distant out the window. "Want to defend yourself? Go find some friends. Getting rid of that anti-social behaviour would be a good start anyway..."

~~~~~

"Wait wait wait, I think I know this one." Morrisa snaps her fingers in thought a few times, "Lungs are... about 20 grand? Something like that, but that's for good ones. With all the pollution here, not to mention the size... maybe fifteen K? Heart is... phhht, no one buys hearts unless they're desperate." she waves it off, treating the threat like it's just rhetorical. "Besides, there's no point in buying a /used/ heart when a cyber-pump will do the job ten times better."
She stands up and takes the new paper, looking over it. "Well, at least free food is something. Yea, sure. I'll do it." What's a year compared to a lifetime anyway? If this program is so new, surely someone will be able to hack it: the rules just said that /she/ wasn't allowed to try, not that she couldn't have someone else do it. "Yea, whatever. So, we headed over today? Gotta go get, like, the lay of the land and all that." She can't help but smirk at the idea that she's anti-social; she totally make friends! They just start going for naps and never show up anywhere again. Surely it's just a coincidence.

~~~~~

Liam held his hands up, "Steady on, you're gonna need this first." He crouched over in his seat, opening a draw in his desk. Rising back up, he held a dusty headset in his hand. He walked around the desk, and smiled. "Hold still." He said before slotting the headset onto her. A world of darkness setting onto her.

UPDATING INTERFACE
USER: MORISSA CREPUSCULE.
INSTALLING: VERITAS CODE

A muscle in her neck twitched.

INSTALL COMPLETE.

WELCOME TO THE VERITAS PROGRAMME
I HOPE FOR A GOOD TIME TOGETHER.

The helmet was pulled off her. The visibility of the light again making her cringe slightly.

"Okay." He leaned against the desk, taking the coffee in his hands again. "The vehicle to get you over there should be here soon enough. I guess you wouldn't know, but the year doesn't start till after the weekend." He looked down to notice some dirt on the desk from Morissa's shoes. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, "I'm gonna do you a favour."

He snapped his fingers.

MAXIMUM INPUT.

ZRRT

Morissa's legs buckled from underneath her. All her muscles tensing up and crying as she felt like she was being electrocuted. She could barely breathe, It was a living agony. But how? There was nothing touching her?

As she fell to the floor, helplessly convulsing. She could see Liam crouch over her, sipping from his cup. "It's funny, the brain can be tricked to do anything. From pleasure to pain, it's all just a matter of signals to the cortex. Now this is the maximum rate it can be turned to. But think of this as an memory to think back to anytime you feel like being 'clever' with the programme." He snapped his fingers as he stood back up and leaned back against the desk. The agony subsided

Her mouth tasted funny. All her muscles complained to her from the experience she had just gone through. When she looked back at Liam, he raised an eyebrow and gave a look that said 'Please, try me.'

"Oh, I think the car here is now." He gestured to the door which had been unlocked. "But I trust you understand where you stand now, yes?"

~~~~~

Morrisa growls when the headset is put over her, but she decides not to attack for right now. When it's taken off of her, she scratches her ear.
The pain through her body was harsher than anything she's experienced, at least harsher than anything she had ever experienced and managed to stay awake for. When the pain finally fades away from her she slowly gets to her feet, using the chair as a support to stand herself up- and then throwing it against the wall, wincing as she gets another shock to the brain. She really wants to just stab the guy.

"Fine. Whatever. I'll play nice." She crosses her arms, turning and walking to the door. "I'll beat your- stupid game." she really has to test the limits on this thing at some point, just not here. With as much dignity as she can still muster, she walks out to wait for the car that'll take her to her new life. "Buncha savages." she mutters as she waits.

~~~~~~~~~~
TIME PASSES
~~~~~~~~~~

For whichever reason, Marissa was heading to Flanagan's bar to meet up with this 'study group'. Regardless of her feelings on those people, she hadn't actually seen anyone of them physically in two weeks. Which was essentially two thirds of the time spent in the year so far. Whoops. But she had an inkling to check the Study Groupchat that she had still been a member of. There she saw something about finding one of their teachers in the bar. She wasn't in today so to her this was news.

When the bar was in sight, she could see a massive crowd piling outside of it. Not waiting to get in, but all waiting to find a way farther away from the bar. How strange. Getting through that way seemed rather impassable, perhaps there was another entrance through the back.

Cutting in through an alleyway, she barely noticed the large shadow until it was right in front of her.
It was a large man, a large blanket of cloth kept his body shrouded. She couldn't quite see what he was doing until she took another step closer, he was wiping himself with a towel.

A small footstep was all she made, but it was all it took for him to turn around. A gaunt face that she could barely see gave her a once look over. She knew that look, it was the look of someone assessing a threat.

"Oh, hello there cutie." He said. Flashing a mouth full of gold teeth, seemingly fine with what he saw from her.

"You wouldn't happen to know where the nearest bus stop is would you?" The faint glow of his red eyes one of few sources of light in the darkness of the alleyway.

~~~~~

Instinctively, Morrisa reaches for her hip to grab her knife- but of course it's not there, still. It's going to take her a while to get used to that...
"Down the street and whatever. There's one every block or so in this town." Morrisa doesn't take her eyes off the stranger, of course, stepping back toward the street to put a bit of distance between the two of them. Her eyes scan the ground, looking for anything she can use to protect herself- a broken bottle or a used needle or shard of glass, a crowbar or even a thick stick. "Now buzz off already. I'm busy."

~~~~~

He let out a large sigh, "Ya know. I've had a full day of people your age not answering my questions, am I just not approachable to the younger generation?" the man did not move, glancing behind her. Morissa realized there was a bit of distance to close to get back out of the alley the way she went in. She also smelled...something sweet (well, aside from the everyday smells of an alleyway around here). No, was it...some sort of soda? A cola of some sort? "Man I'm gonna be sticky for the rest of the day..." The shrouded man complained in a mutter, wiping more of himself off with the towel.

Marissa backed into something with her foot. A barstool? She looked to the building wall and saw a broken window up high. Had it been thrown through there?

"And while we're at it. What are you even busy with? People like me are busy. You should be home sleeping with your kitty teddybear. Or in a youth brothel. Seems to be about the two options for girls your age at this point..."

~~~~~

Morrisa glances at the window, subtly sitting up the barstool behind her with her foot, still facing the man. "Just cause you're too deaf to understand what I say doesn't mean I didn't answer you. Hey, why don't you go have a nice chat with those officers behind you; I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction~" she offers with a lie, her voice as sticky sweet at the soda cutting through the dusty alley, waiting for the man to turn around before making her move.

As soon as she gets the opening, Morrisa turns and hops onto the stool, jumping and climbing into the window to pull herself inside. She's a tough girl, a little broken glass never bothered her.

~~~~~

"I know that there are no officers behind me but I kinda want to see what you will do if I-" He turned his body around, giving Marissa the opportunity.

"Oh wow" Was all she heard as she quickly climbed through the window. Tips of glass cutting into her skin.

Morrisa lands in the bar with a thud, brushing shards of glass off of her shirt, arms, and jeans. She shakes her head, getting any specks of glass out of her long black hair if any had managed to get in there. "Looks like the party's already started." she mutters, glancing around the place, wondering if she can snag an easy drink.
As she looks around, she notices, of all people, her teacher! He really is in this bar... "Present!" Morrisa shoots up her arm, a thin trail of blood leaking down her dark skin. "And I blame the guy outside- for whatever this is." she twitches a little as she shifts the blame to some stranger rather than her classmates; if she distracts the teacher enough, the rest of her class won't get in as much trouble, and messing with authority is just plain fun.

~~~~~

Current status: minor injuries- cuts on wrists. In bar. Veritas.
Equipped: Nothing.
Wearing: black t-shirt, jeans.

Miruno Asagahawa
Flanagan's Bar

Multifaceted.jpg

Clairikins Clairikins
On a normal day, Marissa's antics would be so out there that Miruno would just ignore it. But at this point, with the way things have gone, insanity seemed to have become rather commonplace today.

"It's waaaay to late to not be tardy, Morissa. This isn't even the classroom. Wait did you see that scary... oh never mind."

Miruno said, unintentionally playing the straight man in this 'joke' of a situation. There was once again, a little too much going on at once. Handing off that meager handkerchief to the drenched Cairn. In the background, she was hearing Rin skittering around trying to start explaining to Mr. Yano what was going on in a way that didn't immediately get her in trouble. She proposed someone else explain 'what happened'.

Right, explain.
Miruno's eyes narrowed at Rin's proposal to have the rest of them explain what sort of zigzagging route of events that lead to them being here in this smashed up bar and apparently being responsible for the destruction currently on display.

Miruno knew exactly what had happened - at least in her mind at least she felt like she was certain.

Yano not showing up for class. Rin seeing him out. Being blackmailed by Matthew - that scum... deciding to go to this stupid bar, and failing to fit in to the point that things escalated into what could be seen right now. Yeah, pretty much summed it up. But ultimately, in the end, there was one singular person, one driving force that caused all of this to happen. Miruno certainly was not going to accept the narrative that she willingly encouraged and went along with this destructive romp. More than anyone else, she didn't want anything to do with it. Mr. Yano would come back ventually. They could study on their own in the meantime. They'd gone through all this trouble and it created nothing but well, trouble.

With that fiery thought in her mind, Miruno not wanting to be implicated into wanting to do any of this, was drawn into explaining.

Rithas Rithas
"...Can you not resist trying to bunch us together into your schemes, Rin? I told you we didn't need to go find him." She began, adressing Rin.

All of this. Everything that has occurred - Miruno felt, was Rin's fault.
If she hadn't cared so much to find the teacher.
If she did not go on a single minded rampage to follow a single lead...
And she was still playing off like she was innocently swept up into what had happened like everyone else. That couldn't have been further from the truth! If someone had to fry for instigating all of this, then it was most certainly Rin, was it not?

Miruno also still had a bit of a small grudge at Matthew to tricking her into even getting remotely involved. This inconvenienced student was also NOT keen on having that jerk behold what he also had pushed along without any consequences either.

Still, one detail was not lost to Miruno though.
Mr. Yano's strange behavior upon seeing them. It was like he was confused at first, before he started to go back into default teacher mode.

Something happened to him. There was so much chaos as music, a fight, and a 'fire' breaking out it was hard to see that Yano had just slept through it all. I mean, something like that was possible with the application of drugs. Maybe. But the look on Mr. Yano's haggered form indicated that maybe he was still feeling the side effects of whatever had given him those injuries he was currently bearing. And according to what that person had just said, he was already like this when he came to the club? However long ago that was...

Miruno wondered if Mr. Yano himself even knew where he was or what he was doing throughout the majority of today. The easiest way was to just ask him. But saying 'Teacher where were you all day?' had a bit of a disingenuous tone to it, and it was apparent from Rin's behavior that now that the little mystery game was over she was only now realizing just how much trouble they had gotten themselves into. Once again, Miruno had no intention of getting dragged along into whatever punishment was on the way.

There were people responsible for this. There were still questions remaining about what exactly lead up to things such as Mr. Yano disappearing in the first place. Well, in any case, judging from his beat up complexion, and the way he generally carried himself in class and in the communications from those Electric Mail messages so 'kindly' provided by Matthew, there was a way to spin this in a way that didn't immediately make it look like the group was just causing chaos without any regard.

salem. salem. FiveElemental FiveElemental LowD LowD Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon Skyswimsky Skyswimsky Teallionn Teallionn Karyra Karyra Emiya Shin Emiya Shin
Miruno looked around, meeting everyone's eyes for just a moment. Simply communicating, she was going to do something. Though from Mr. Yano's and the non-club members perspectives, it looked like she was seeing if anyone else was going to man up to speak before she had to do so herself.

"...Mr. Yano." Miruno begins, her voice returning to how she would normally sound in the classroom. "Rin was worried that something happened to you when you didn't show up to class today. Matthew convinced her that we'd be able to find you over here in the club. Rin belived Matthew so much that she literally did everything to get in here."

Miruno leaned forward a little. With a serious look on her face.
This is where it would begin.
A lie to throw Yano off, and maybe get him to spill something he otherwise would not have if she had just told things to him straight.

"Mr. Yano, is what Matthew said true? That you were caught in an illicit relationship with one of the students and you're being blackmailed now?"

The way that Miruno acted out saying such a blatant half lie... was layered.
Miruno sounded like she was uncertain about this "thing" Matthew had "told" them about.
And it felt like she was still hanging onto the belief that Mr. Yano was still the "Good" teacher, even though everything that happened so far made the story of Yano being deeply into younger students shake that "Belief" she had of him.

What would their teacher say to the worst kind of accusation?
If the other club members piled in on this Lie it would be harder for Mr. Yano to shrug off explaining himself!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back