• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings "It's Hard to Graduate In a Cyberpunk Dystopia!" - Interest Check

Rithas

Great with Ketchup!
Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check
SIGNUPS ARE CURRENTLY: PM TO GM FOR APPLICATION.
IC THREAD HERE
LORE AND CS THREAD HERE

Lore Thread Contains updated Lore and World updates then Interest check

"You know what I hate most about the corporate oppression? The brutalist architecture."

𝔸 β„π•šπ•₯𝕙𝕒𝕀 ℝℙ β„π•–π•Ÿπ••π•–π•«π•§π• π•¦π•€ :
"It's Hard To Graduate In a Cyberpunk Dystopia!"

• The Year is 2118

Welcome to The City With No Name.

Untitled.png

This metropolis is considered a multicultural hub for towering corporations, corruption, organized crime and you can't forget gang violence. Not to mention where the cutting edge of the future of entertainment, technological advancements and debauchery all meet. Towers sprawled in neon lights dominate the skyline, blotting out the stars in the night sky while the audio of holographic billboards reach even the darkest crevices in the city. Loud are the noises of gunshots and bloody fights of gangwars, while the autocratic government and mega corporations wage a silent war for absolute control of every square inch of the city.

Millions and Millions of people live here, but only so many can claim a stake in the city's heart. From the penthouses of corporate execs to the murky ghettos of the underground, force and wit is what rules this city. It's endless opportunity for those with the means to put their foot on their fellow human and a second term of torture for those being used as an ladder. A moral compass is a usual hinderance here.

Are you one of the many who flock here to change their live for better or worse? Creating a story of your own to match the legends of the past? Are you ready to become a force of will!?

No.

You're really not.

But you do have to go to school here.

You are a Student

A Student with a Dream.

The quality of education facilities in this city fluctuate as much as the air quality. For children related to those with money or connections, there are a few private facilities where any source of harm from the city is neatly tucked away for their adult careers and they can frolic freely in the rare clean garden or learn advanced economics without their millionaire parents having to worry about a thing. Even anyone thinking of taking these kids for ransom are gonna have to deal with professionally trained private military.

You don't have to worry about that. You're (probably) not important enough. For the kidnapping or the private military security detail.

You go to one of the many government mandate public schools. Academy Six, a solid cube of steel and glass deep in the guts of the waterfront district. It's a month into your final year at Academy Six, things are not looking good. Whether you've been here your entire school run or only transferred in at the beginning of this year. You've got an accurate proximation of this place.

It's a Shithole.

The problems of this city have a pretty constant behaviour of affecting this school as well. From frequent vandalism to structure failure to the various schemes and crimes being pulled here all the way to most cyber textbooks being in a hard to read yellow font. It's hard to try in this 'education' facility. Most of the students eventually end up not attending, deciding instead to throw rocks at passing cars or to join a gang and race at dangerous speeds down a motorway. One could argue a better use of their time then this place. The percentage of students passing the national exam at the final year is in it's single digits. Your fate and the fate of all in this school seems to be getting inevitably swallowed into the abyss that is this City's desolation and ruthlessness. Another number amongst the millions of have-nots in this city.

But you don't accept that.
    You're going to be somebody, something.

This school and city won't be the end of you.

You've been desperate enough to join a study group of the only people in this school who seem to have any desire to change their fate.

You want to graduate. No, You will graduate.
    And like most goals in this forsaken city.
    You might die trying.

Hi, Rithas here with the interest check for my new RP. A Cyberpunk Adventure mixed with a Highschool Graduation Year Slice of Life.

Here your character will tackle the arduous task of becoming a 'functional' member of society and graduate with a degree for whatever their reasons may be. They have joined a club/study group for the purpose of getting an actual education. This task will be harder then it even appears, as they find themselves wading into the various unfamiliar worlds that exist in The City With No Name, they will have to deal with the various situations and forces that halt and disrupt their school life, all in the name of actually being able to attend their graduation at the end of the year.

They must really want those hats.

I hope you and your character can enjoy the various things this RP will pertain like Hijinks, shenanigans, deadly situations, decorating your computer background with Achievement graphics, maths homework, running from people with mantis swords, and group bonding!

Hey, if it all goes well.
    You'll even get a graduation.

I'm writing this to check (hah) the interest for this. If this does sound like something interesting to you, Please let me know! If you have any Questions about the RP in world or out of world do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much!

Summary
    • Format: Group RP
    • RP Type: Cyberpunk Adventure, Slice Of Life, Drama-Comedy.
    • Expected Post Rate: 1 Per Week or more
    • Character Limit: 1
    • Mandatory Secondary Communication: Discord Server (Invite When fully accepted!)
    • GM: Rithas Rithas
    • Current Signups: PM ONLY

Last edited:
I'm interested. Second segment about the study group reminds me a lot of the webtoon of the same name (that's a good thing).

Posting vested interest! And not just for the sake of morale support!

Alright, Nice to hear that there's calls of interest!

Which leads me to setting work on finalizing the write out of the Character Skeleton and Acceptance Process,
Expect it Soontm

Status Update

Acceptance Process Explained In Mechanics tab
Dice of Fate Explained in Mechanics Tab
Character Sheet and Example Sheet to be finished by: Tomorrow

Okay, I keep lookin' at it, so I'll put myself down as a maybe.

"Fun" math fact: with an average inflation rate of 5%, money in 2118 would be worth less than 1% what it is today. At that point, it would cost around 1 to 5 million Dollars (or Euros) to buy a new car, ignoring differences in economic conditions and the potential collapse of current currencies.

"Fun" math fact: with an average inflation rate of 5%, money in 2118 would be worth less than 1% what it is today. At that point, it would cost around 1 to 5 million Dollars (or Euros) to buy a new car, ignoring differences in economic conditions and the potential collapse of current currencies.
I strongly condemn the presence of math in this post in the form of a reply due to lack of appropriate reactions.

/joke

Good thing inflation is not so simple then.

this is such a breath of fresh air, man, i'm into it. i'm interested.

Status Update

Added Character Skeleton and Example Character Sheet in CS Tab
Rin Tanaka: The totally normal high-school girl - Joins the Study Group!
Character Sheets are now available to be worked on and published! Please read the Acceptance Process in Mechanics in terms of Character Sheet posting, but aside from that best of luck with the sheets!
Character Catalogue and Rules to be added: Tomorrow

Last edited:
Yo! Do I still have chance to hop in? Just checking in case. This is super interesting and I'm totally up for it.

Yo! Do I still have chance to hop in? Just checking in case. This is super interesting and I'm totally up for it.
Yes! feel free to submit a sheet.

As I will writing up tomorrow. I approach The First sign up process of any RP with a laissez faire attitude in terms of going over max cast amount due to expected droppings/absences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back