• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings "It's Hard to Graduate In a Cyberpunk Dystopia!" - Interest Check

Hi, Unfortunately the Reservation amount has already been filled. I will put you on a backlog and notify you of openings if you wish.
That's fine, man. I'm already at the discord as one of your dusty desk lamps, so I can still check on shenanigans until there's an opening xD

Rithas Rithas Here ya go, freshly squeezed

"Hey, those walls seems pretty bland. Let's draw on it!"
Name
: Airani D.M.S.
Appearance:
1234567.png
Dialogue Colour Hex Code: #96FFF1
Personality:
Aira is pretty much the friendly, outgoing tomboy. Finding herself liking more physical activity and less girly things. That's not to say she hates girl stuffs, she loves talking about it. Don't even get her started about fashion, oh she could go days explaining it.

She always go out of her way to help people who wanted to help themselves. Like let's say that the books are hard to read. Aira would go make her own notes and share it to everyone who wanted to have an easy time reading it.

Biography:
Aira was born within a rather normal family, loving family, quite a fulfilling life. Yet she grew bored of such mundane stuffs. She started going out of her way to do things she wanted to do.

Attending the Academy, she follows it naturally, learning, writing notes from those really hard to read books to make it easier... Moving on to graduate and be free to chase her dreams. She seemed quite normal going through the process of learning and graduating... Yet she fell onto one of the problems of the shithole that is this city.

She started to join up on illegal races as her afterschool activity along with finding walls to draw whatever she wants. Such thrill was a great distraction from such mundane, boring, and often frustrating studies. She hopped around between those to keep herself from dying in boredom.

Until 2 years ago, she was racing in one of those races. Her bike had been sabotaged prior to the race. As she rushes through the street with such high speed. Her steering malfunctioned and caused her to crash. Crushing her right arm to the point that it wouldn't be feasible to fix the damage without cybernetics surgery.

One would say she was lucky to have survived the crash, with only a permanent damage to her arm. She was left traumatised from it, after some months of recovery... She returned to the academy. Sworn off from racing, Aira decided that perhaps... Going through this boredom and graduate would all be worth it. Perhaps if she could find a way for her art to be shown more public in a proper way... She could succeed.

Hobbies:
  • "Bombing" Walls - No, don't take it literally. Aira have a penchant to look at bland walls as an empty canvas. Almost always she makes plans on making a graffiti art on those walls and do it the next day.
  • Video Games - Until recently, she had some fun with racers and the likes. But after the accident, she find more joy in playing survival games
  • Martial Arts - She was trained since childhood in Karate, always quite a discipline with her arts. While she herself is quite trained, she never participate in those illegal rings.
Fears:
  • High Speed - Once she had a high speed accident. Her body was left intact in exception to her right arm. Being broken to the point that without cybernetics, she would have to be amputated. She was never seen riding on a highway or around high speed races ever since.
  • Jumpscares - Yeah, she's pretty bad at handling jumpscares. Her reaction would be a bit too hysterical when jumpscared.

Cybernetic Enhancements:
  • Scanner-Optics V2 - An older model of Optical Cybernetic Enhancement. It allows it's user to seek information on things they see utilizing a database that can be accessed publicly. While unable to seek more information outside publicly accessed ones. The user can find out which database holds the private information.
  • Bionic Right Arm - Aira's right arm wasn't able to function at all since the accident. And so this right arm was basically a cybernetic enhancement. She can feel her arm like she would normally. Along with that, there was an enhancement attached to her hand and forearm. Which allows her hand to turn into an aerosol spray. The liquid storage was put on her forearm. Comes with an easy switch-out.
CICI Username: AiraAawrRr
Speciality: Cyber

Relationships:
  • Rin : You know, if there's something I love about Rin. It's that she got quite some taste in piercings. Also, she had a good drive to get everyone to graduate. Gonna be exciting to work together!
  • Ilya : Uh, get some sleep will ya? Seriously you look so dead tired everyday.
  • Miruno : So, see that wall over there? I'm gonna paint it with a nice picture of y--- Hey where are you!?
  • Veronica : Er... How do I put this, she had this weird feel of snobbyness. Also the robotic voice kinda freaks me out a little.
  • Niko : Destroyed Right Arm siblings! Wait, did I make it sounds worse than it already is? Anyway, he's a cool dude, very athletic and damn, he's so good at them rhythm games!
  • Cairn : Er... Who? Wait no, he's that guy! How can he not live in my head rent free just kinda makes me feel a little bad for not recognizing him.
  • Basil : I mean, he can be cool, just that he should stop brooding and looking dead tired like Ilya.
  • Samuel : Well, a bit rude ain't he? But he don't really mean the rudeness. He's just too straight.
  • Vivi : She's friendly, a bit too friendly. Which I don't mind but I guess that friendliness might rub someone the wrong way.

Last edited:
LowD LowD , Neato. First Step Accepted

Status Update
1 POTENTIAL CHARACTER ADDITIONS ADDED:
Airani D.M.S: The artist complicit to half the graffiti in the school. - Joins the Study Group!*

Okay, I think I finally got something I’m happy with. Still kinda waiting on a certain someone to finish their character, but this is mostly ready for review.

AKIMBOCROSS AKIMBOCROSS I involved Flashfire in the backstory because of my neverending obsession with weaving together characters’ pasts in a way that requires one of those conspiracy boards. If this is out of character for them or you just don’t like what I’m going for there, lemme know: I wrote out a separate backstory without it. Easy fix if need be.

• Machina Exodeus
    Female(ish) | 17 | ḣ̷͚ì̶͖r̸̢̄o̷͜͝z̴̠̾a̷̮̒b̶͙͋r̵̠̋i̵̩͘n̷͈͗e̴̘͑3̷͇͋0̵̗̌
    Charm | #FF94F1 + #FFF7B0

"Hello, friend. I am Machina, but you can call me Maki~"

VFX
    "Is my world not beautiful~?"
    Composing
    "Music is the language of the soul~"
    Helping People
    "The derivative is 4x + 3."

Deletion
    "Why do you search my Code, Friend?"
    Glitches
    "My bugs are every bit as nasty as yours!"
    Solitude
    "Please let me in, friends."

sample_14548ec6cb556170ff2bd018ef3db83acd73732c.jpg
    Miruno Asagahawa
    "Friend, I wish you would let me help you. I owe you my whole life, if you think about it, no? What use am I if I cannot assist you?"

Rin Tanaka
    "What a cute outfit you have today~! Theres nothing wrong with wanting to be a little normal, friend. Ill likely never know that feeling."

Veronica Jessica Patterson
    "Because of what I am, I recognize who this is. Your secret is safe with me, friend. Though you might wish to act more subtle?

Niko Royce Becker
    "It seems youve lived a hard life, friend. I dont like your violent methods, though. Nothing good ever comes from making more weapons."

Cairn Orias
    "A guiding cybernetic hand, hm? Im nothing like that, but I would love to help you study, friend~"

Natsuiro Ilya
    "I wonder what someone like this is doing here? Maybe you have good intentions, but your attitude could use work. Then again, you're nicer than most in your position."

Vivianne Browning
    "I admit I feel uncomfortable around you, friend. You seem very kind, but your device is making me feel sick"

Samuel Castro
    "I dont feel attraction, but you look to be a wonderful mate, friend. Responsibility is usually seen as very attractive. Have you considered asking Friend out on a date~?"

Machina spent most of life living in the most gamified virtual realities, where everything is blown up and exaggerated. Wearing absurd fantasy outfits and talking like a vibrant character doesn’t feel strange to her at all. Of course, with access to the full internet, she’s well aware of how most people act, but finds "normal" talk strange, where characters like VTubers sound more familiar to her.

Unfortunately, it seems natural of the human race to grow up and slowly abandon the fantastical worlds of their youth. Machina was forced to watch as her internet friends slowly vanished from her worlds, citing reasons like "Real world responsibilities." As once-vibrant game worlds turned to ghost towns, Machina felt a crippling loneliness set in.

Now that Friend has a projector, she can (sorta) interact with this "real world" everyone is so crazy about. It’s awfully dreary and dark, but maybe she can bring some light to it. She loves playing support; how different could it be in the real world? Maybe she could even install herself in some new friends! It’s worth a shot anyway.
    Modern weapons for modern combat! A certain PMC sought the ultimate prize in cyber warfare: the complete digitization of the human mind! Freedom from the physical limitation! An Absolution Code! Something which would allow a digital brain to spread across any number of computers: particularly the ones inside people!

Not wishing to risk the minds of their own researchers, a paid team of mercenaries snuck into a hospital ward late at night and stole two newly-born children. One’s mind was then used as a seed for the Absolution Code: installing a digitized version of the one child’s brain into the freshly-installed CICI unit of the other. Miraculously, both children survived, but not without cost. The facility was mercilessly raided on account of illegal activity, causing a great deal of collateral damage, but ultimately reclaiming the children.

No one was aware of exactly what had happened. But the police returned the children to their parents, and they continued to grow up normally. After all, didn’t everyone have a friend installed into their CICI at birth? Sure, she acted a little weird, but everyone had their quirks.

Machina obviously didn’t have the most normal childhood. Aside from internet friends, she could only truly spend time with Friend when she joined her in VR. What for Friend was a game, for her was reality. It was the so-called "Real" world that felt like a phantom to Machina. The only way she could change it was to take control of Friend, and given how uncomfortable this made her, she avoided it, not wanting to be quarantined.

As they grew up, they slowly began to learn how unusual this was, and learned that Machina was the result of strange foreign code running in Friend’s CICI. To her relief, Friend had no intention of deleting her, realizing she had no ill will towards her.
    Absolution Code
    The ultimate enhancement could only be the total rejection of every physical limitation. Every limitation except the reliance on at least one host, that is. Machina exists in VR, and can only interact with the physical world as a projection, or physical takeover of a host, which effectively forces the host to full-dive VR with Machina.

In theory, Machina can exist across several CICI units (in which case, all CICIs with her Code communicate to run her together), but she currently remains in Miruno's exclusively. To spread to another's CICI unit, both the sender and receiver must allow her Code through their firewall, requiring a totally consensual transfer. While Machina can be quarantined and only let out on-demand or under certain conditions, if this isn't done, she can control the host like a puppet, without warning.

Last edited:
Okay, I think I finally got something I’m happy with. Still kinda waiting on a certain someone to finish their character, but this is mostly ready for review.

AKIMBOCROSS AKIMBOCROSS I involved Flashfire in the backstory because of my neverending obsession with weaving together characters’ pasts in a way that requires one of those conspiracy boards. If this is out of character for them or you just don’t like what I’m going for there, lemme know: I wrote out a separate backstory without it. Easy fix if need be.

• Machina Exodeus

VFX
    Composing
    Helping People

Deletion
    Glitches
    Solitude

Miruno Asagahawa
    "Friend, I wish you would let me help you. I owe you my whole life, if you think about it, no? What use am I if I cannot assist you?"

Rin Tanaka
    "What a cute outfit you have today~! Theres nothing wrong with wanting to be a little normal, friend. Ill likely never know that feeling."

"Because of what I am, I recognize who this is. Your secret is safe with me, friend. Though you might wish to act more subtle?

Niko Royce Becker
    "It seems youve lived a hard life, friend. I dont like your violent methods, though. Nothing good ever comes from making more weapons."

Cairn Orias
    "A guiding cybernetic hand, hm? Im nothing like that, but I would love to help you study, friend~"

Natsuiro Ilya
    "I wonder what someone like this is doing here? Maybe you have good intentions, but your attitude could use work. Then again, you're nicer than most in your position."

Vivianne Browning
    "I admit I feel uncomfortable around you, friend. You seem very kind, but your device is making me feel sick"

Samuel Castro
    "I dont feel attraction, but you look to be a wonderful mate, friend. Responsibility is usually seen as very attractive. Have you considered asking Friend out on a date~?"

Machina spent most of life living in the most gamified virtual realities, where everything is blown up and exaggerated. Wearing absurd fantasy outfits and talking like a vibrant character doesn’t feel strange to her at all. Of course, with access to the full internet, she’s well aware of how most people act, but finds "normal" talk strange, where characters like VTubers sound more familiar to her.

Unfortunately, it seems natural of the human race to grow up and slowly abandon the fantastical worlds of their youth. Machina was forced to watch as her internet friends slowly vanished from her worlds, citing reasons like "Real world responsibilities." As once-vibrant game worlds turned to ghost towns, Machina felt a crippling loneliness set in.

Now that Friend has a projector, she can (sorta) interact with this "real world" everyone is so crazy about. It’s awfully dreary and dark, but maybe she can bring some light to it. She loves playing support; how different could it be in the real world? Maybe she could even install herself in some new friends! It’s worth a shot anyway.
    Modern weapons for modern combat! Flashfire PMC sought the ultimate prize in cyber warfare: the complete digitization of the human mind! Freedom from the physical limitation! An Absolution Code! Something which would allow a digital brain to spread across any number of computers: particularly the ones inside people!

Not wishing to risk the minds of their own researchers, a paid team of mercenaries snuck into a hospital ward late at night and stole two newly-born children. One’s mind was then used as a seed for the Absolution Code: installing a digitized version of the one child’s brain into the freshly-installed CICI unit of the other. Miraculously, both children survived, but not without cost. The facility was mercilessly raided on account of illegal activity, causing a great deal of collateral damage, but ultimately reclaiming the children.

No one was aware of exactly what had happened. But the police returned the children to their parents, and they continued to grow up normally. After all, didn’t everyone have a friend installed into their CICI at birth? Sure, she acted a little weird, but everyone had their quirks.

Machina obviously didn’t have the most normal childhood. Aside from internet friends, she could only truly spend time with Friend when she joined her in VR. What for Friend was a game, for her was reality. It was the so-called "Real" world that felt like a phantom to Machina. The only way she could change it was to take control of Friend, and given how uncomfortable this made her, she avoided it, not wanting to be quarantined.

As they grew up, they slowly began to learn how unusual this was, and learned that Machina was the result of strange foreign code running in Friend’s CICI. To her relief, Friend had no intention of deleting her, realizing she had no ill will towards her.
    Absolution Code
    The ultimate enhancement could only be the total rejection of every physical limitation. Every limitation except the reliance on at least one host, that is. Machina exists in VR, and can only interact with the physical world as a projection, or physical takeover of a host, which effectively forces the host to full-dive VR with Machina.

In theory, Machina can exist across several CICI units (in which case, all CICIs with her Code communicate to run her together), but she currently remains in Miruno's exclusively. To spread to another's CICI unit, both the sender and receiver must allow her Code through their firewall, requiring a totally consensual transfer. While Machina can be quarantined and only let out on-demand or under certain conditions, if this isn't done, she can control the host like a puppet, without warning.

Yeah, Feel free to use any lore I made, it helps with worldbuilding. (Also I’m still reading it but I like it a lot)

Mia Schneider
Female | 16 | PressFForFood
Cyber| #f88379

"Don't talk to me."

Academics
"I (will) graduate on top of my class, hmph."
Money
"It's what separates you from me."
Reading
"Books can't bug out, you know..."

Germs
"Ewww, get your greasy thing away from me, idiot!"
Being Exposed
"Who is working in a Bearsuit? There is no Bearsuit! Stupid."
Solitude
"H-Hey, where are you going?"

ZVc5WLY.png
Rin Tanaka
"I'd actually compliment the way she looks if it didn't seem like she'd be in a relationship with a porcupine. Hmpf."

Natsuiro Ilya
"I'd think we could get along if they'd wash once in a while! Urgh."

Miruno Asagahawa
"Can you please JUST keep your dumb device out of my face?"

RVeronica Jessica Patterson
"'Hi, I'm richer-than-you and daddy solves all my problems.' What is she even doing HERE?! Urgh!"

Nico Royce Becker
"You quiet? Stay quiet! I've got 99 problems and you won't be one. Please don't hurt me."

Cain Orias
"Yes! He's actually okay! I mean- what? No. Such a normie. Stupid!"

Basil Abbot
"How can he DARE not using fancy schmancy tech-stuff? 'Look at me, I am so quiet and sophisticated.' I just... URGH!"

Samuel Castro
"I THINK he could be okay, once you fix everything that isn't okay! He looks a tad dirty..."

Viviane Browning
"Aaaaaahhhhhdfsdgn, I want to hate her! I mean- I hate her! Hmpf. Why? Because. Stop trying to talk to me already!"

Airani
"Spends way too much time doing useless things. The crash served her right. Stupid."

Machina
"Ah yes, the constant nagging voice in my head. Worse than just about everybody else. You're not better than any of those humans, stupid!"

Mia is distrustful, arrogant, and snarky. She believes the world is out to get her and that true friends are merely wishful thinking. She doesn't always mince her words and is sometimes just straight-up mean, just to make herself feel better. Despite those terrible character traits, if she doesn't have a streak of toxicity, she does have her ways to get along with people, stick to them, and cooperate. Some might say she is even reasonable and goal-oriented.

"I-I'm not following you or anything, we're merely walking in the same direction! Hmpf."

She likes to dress in brand clothing, is diligent in her undertakings, and takes any task given quite seriously. The kind of gal who would do all the work in a group project, just to maintain her perfect grades, while also throwing the others under the bus. She strongly believes - wants to believe - that one can achieve anything if enough effort is given.

Behind that behavior is a girl with self-esteem issues who hit rock bottom. Compensating through an inflated ego and a superiority complex that is maintained by utterly menial and superficial criteria she believes puts someone above others. Like grades, money, and appearance. Not to mention sounding like you figured out everybody's inner workings, too.

A positive takeaway from this, however, is her willpower to not give in and keep fighting even if life gives her zero lemons.
Mia is a cripple. Sort of. Ever since she was born, for mysterious reasons, her CICI didn't seem to work quite like the others. Whenever someone or something built a connection and interface with her CICI, it would sooner or later run into some sort of problem. Without reason or pattern. A bug, a glitch, an exploit. Ranging from harmless interactions like getting a light zap or overflooding the shower cabins through simultaneous malfunctioning, to wiping out the entire database of a cyberlibrary. Thankfully they had backups.

Thus, from a young age, Mia's life had been different. Able to interact with everyday appliances, Mia mostly opts to avoid it. Books instead of digital reading material. A vintage calculator over modern apps. Keys in place of digital fingerprints! While her parents were initially supportive, they quickly grew tired of dealing with her, creating an unpleasant home environment. School life, even kindergarten, wasn't much better, as she was bullied and an outcast.

Ultimately, when push came to shove, it only made Mia try harder. Refusing to let herself fall into a victim role, she decided to show everyone and the world. Skipping through classes by sheer effort, having an advertising job in a bear suit, tutoring those less fortunate than her, and running around looking clean and slick despite her poor family. She'd show them, that even a cripple from a poor family could attain greatness.

And that a certain weirdo downloaded onto her CICI as a certain person decided to mess around with an Emergency Line Spoofer did not change her plans at all.
No.

Rithas Rithas

Last edited:

Mia Schneider
Female | 16 | PressFForFood
Cyber| #f88379

"Don't talk to me."

Academics
"I (will) graduate on top of my class, hmph."
Money
"It's what separates you from me."
Reading
"Books can't bug out, you know..."

Germs
"Ewww, get your greasy thing away from me, idiot!"
Being Exposed
"Who is working in a Bearsuit? There is no Bearsuit! Stupid."
Solitude
"H-Hey, where are you going?"

ZVc5WLY.png
Rin Tanaka
"I'd actually compliment the way she looks if it didn't seem like she'd be in a relationship with a porcupine. Hmpf."

Natsuiro Ilya
"I'd think we could get along if they'd wash once in a while! Urgh."

Miruno Asagahawa
"Can you please JUST keep your dumb device out of my face?"

RVeronica Jessica Patterson
"'Hi, I'm richer-than-you and daddy solves all my problems.' What is she even doing HERE?! Urgh!"

Nico Royce Becker
"You quiet? Stay quiet! I've got 99 problems and you won't be one. Please don't hurt me."

Cain Orias
"Yes! He's actually okay! I mean- what? No. Such a normie. Stupid!"

Basil Abbot
"How can he DARE not using fancy schmancy tech-stuff? 'Look at me, I am so quiet and sophisticated.' I just... URGH!"

Samuel Castro
"I THINK he could be okay, once you fix everything that isn't okay! He looks a tad dirty..."

Viviane Browning
"Aaaaaahhhhhdfsdgn, I want to hate her! I mean- I hate her! Hmpf. Why? Because. Stop trying to talk to me already!"

Airani
"Spends way too much time doing useless things. The crash served her right. Stupid."

Machina
"Ah yes, the constant nagging voice in my head. Worse than just about everybody else. You're not better than any of those humans, stupid!"

Mia is distrustful, arrogant, and snarky. She believes the world is out to get her and that true friends are merely wishful thinking. She doesn't always mince her words and is sometimes just straight-up mean, just to make herself feel better. Despite those terrible character traits, if she doesn't have a streak of toxicity, she does have her ways to get along with people, stick to them, and cooperate. Some might say she is even reasonable and goal-oriented.

"I-I'm not following you or anything, we're merely walking in the same direction! Hmpf."

She likes to dress in brand clothing, is diligent in her undertakings, and takes any task given quite seriously. The kind of gal who would do all the work in a group project, just to maintain her perfect grades, while also throwing the others under the bus. She strongly believes - wants to believe - that one can achieve anything if enough effort is given.

Behind that behavior is a girl with self-esteem issues who hit rock bottom. Compensating through an inflated ego and a superiority complex that is maintained by utterly menial and superficial criteria she believes puts someone above others. Like grades, money, and appearance. Not to mention sounding like you figured out everybody's inner workings, too.

A positive takeaway from this, however, is her willpower to not give in and keep fighting even if life gives her zero lemons.
Mia is a cripple. Sort of. Ever since she was born, for mysterious reasons, her CICI didn't seem to work quite like the others. Whenever someone or something built a connection and interface with her CICI, it would sooner or later run into some sort of problem. Without reason or pattern. A bug, a glitch, an exploit. Ranging from harmless interactions like getting a light zap or overflooding the shower cabins through simultaneous malfunctioning, to wiping out the entire database of a cyberlibrary. Thankfully they had backups.

Thus, from a young age, Mia's life had been different. Able to interact with everyday appliances, Mia mostly opts to avoid it. Books instead of digital reading material. A vintage calculator over modern apps. Keys in place of digital fingerprints! While her parents were initially supportive, they quickly grew tired of dealing with her, creating an unpleasant home environment. School life, even kindergarten, wasn't much better, as she was bullied and an outcast.

Ultimately, when push came to shove, it only made Mia try harder. Refusing to let herself fall into a victim role, she decided to show everyone and the world. Skipping through classes by sheer effort, having an advertising job in a bear suit, tutoring those less fortunate than her, and running around looking clean and slick despite her poor family. She'd show them, that even a cripple from a poor family could attain greatness.

And that a certain weirdo downloaded onto her CICI as a certain person decided to mess around with an Emergency Line Spoofer did not change her plans at all.
No.

Rithas Rithas
Ah, you look like someone I can yell at.

YOU ARE OUT OF UNIFORM, SOLDIER! WHERE IS YOUR POWER ARMOR?

DON'T HAVE ANY?

YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT, MAGGOT?

THE TRUTH IS YOU LOST AN EXPENSIVE PIECE OF ARMY-ISSUE EQUIPMENT.

THAT SUIT IS GOING TO COME OUT OF YOUR PAY

AND YOU WILL REMAIN IN THIS MAN'S ARMY UNTIL YOU ARE FIVE HUNDRED AND TEN YEARS OLD

WHICH IS THE NUMBER OF YEARS IT WILL TAKE FOR YOU TO PAY FOR A

MARK II POWERED COMBAT ARMOR YOU HAVE LOST!

REPORT TO THE ARMORY AND HAVE A NEW SUIT ISSUED TO YOU, THEN REPORT BACK TO ME, PRIVATE!

DISMISSED!

Tau Tau ,Cool, first step accepted
Skyswimsky Skyswimsky , First step accepted.

Status Update
2 POTENTIAL CHARACTER ADDITIONS ADDED:
Machina Exodus: The Virtual Friend - Joins the Group
BONUS TITLE: The Virtual Red Flag

Mia [/COLOR][/B]Schneider The Small Child Ruining Your Cyber-Couch: - Joins the Study Group!*

ACCEPTANCE LIST 10 SPACES:

Ehb Ehb
Skyswimsky Skyswimsky
Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon
Tau Tau
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
khai. khai.
ATurei ATurei
salem. salem.
FiveElemental FiveElemental
LowD LowD

Please Import your sheets to Lore Thread

THE REST AND OTHERS INTERESTED ARE PUT ON BACKLOG. MY APOLOGIES

• Machina Exodeus

VFX
    Composing
    Helping People

Deletion
    Glitches
    Solitude

Miruno Asagahawa

Rin Tanaka

Niko Royce Becker

Cairn Orias

Natsuiro Ilya

Vivianne Browning

Samuel Castro

Modern weapons for modern combat! Flashfire PMC sought the ultimate prize in cyber warfare: the complete digitization of the human mind! Freedom from the physical limitation! An Absolution Code! Something which would allow a digital brain to spread across any number of computers: particularly the ones inside people!

Absolution Code

so lol you remember how i said you could use that lore? yeah, if you could pull your other version that would be great. at least for now. (if i'm not going to be involved i wouldn't want you to do the lore wrong for it so if you could make it more vague that would be great)

edit: i also think your character is one of the best so i hope everything works out for you, have fun

Sorry.

Last edited:
so lol you remember how i said you could use that lore? yeah, if you could pull your other version that would be great. at least for now. (if i'm not going to be involved i wouldn't want you to do the lore wrong for it so if you could make it more vague that would be great)

edit: i also think your character is one of the best so i hope everything works out for you, have fun
Wait wat? Gah, I didn't realize the PC directory was just potentials. Oof.

Well, that's a shame, but I guess that's how it goes; no biggie. I just exchanged the name for "A certain PMC." If you jump in later, we can assume it was Flashfire. Sorry you didn't get in though.

“Alright, let’s do this! … What’re we doing?”

Name: Raymond Denhart

Appearance: (WIP)772C9669-74BE-434B-AD86-68EAAC8256AD.png

Dialogue Colour Hex Code:
#a6304d

Personality: Optimistic, self-assured and lazy. He’s the type of person who wants to be seen to be doing the most, while doing the least. Friendly and protective towards people he likes. Considers himself to be the cool leader of the study group, yet has very little sway. Surely having a sweet jacket and winning smile is enough to make his status obvious?

Biography: An only child to a modest family. Somewhat mouthy and not very gifted. Sent to Academy Six to keep him out of trouble. Always wanted younger siblings. Prefers to free style most assignments.

Hobbies:
  • Break-Dancing: Hey it’s good excercise. But it’s the posing between moves that keeps him interested. Taking the spotlight is just a bonus.
  • Practicing Knife Tricks: His hands may be covered in tiny scars, a small price to pay for this to eventually look effortless.
  • VR Gaming: Loves to play the hero.
Fears:
  • Heights: He’ll stand tall for everyone else! Wait, no, not that tall!
  • Rejection: More of a recurring nightmare than a fear based in reality, that’s for sure!

Cybernetic Enhancements:
Hear-Rings: Amplify sound waves, providing basic enhanced hearing. Practical use limited to 30ft, he always know when to insert himself into the conversation. Difficult to tune and prone to overheating but hey, still a flashy accessory.

CICI Username: RRRayDarling
Speciality: Physical

[ERROR - REQUIREMENT REDACTED] (???)
[ERROR - REQUIREMENT REDACTED] (???)

Relationships

Rin:
“She fits right in, like she’s really got her act together! With my expert guidance she could totally shine bright!”

Samual:
“Hmm… Seems like he’s come through some tough times, I can respect that. His mixed-martial arts and swordplay skills are admirable, maybe he could even teach me a thing or two!”

Basil:
“Now there’s a guy with style, calm and cool with a spooky atmosphere. He could come out of his shell more but it’s best not to rush these things.”

Machi:
“Upbeat and easy to get along with that’s for sure! When the day is dragging she always manages to brighten the place up.”

Airani:
“Down to earth with a great eye for fashion. Her art is next level, maybe I can ask her to design a sweet tattoo for me for graduation..”

Cairn:
“Who..? Oh right! Yeah that guys pretty mysterious! I feel like we never talk. Hope he’s not to intimidated by me.. I’ll keep an eye out for him, watch his back, that sorta thing.”

Miruno:
“She’s shy so I try not to be too loud near her. I hear she’s a natural with computers maybe she can lend me a hand with some homework.. definitely a good addition to the study group.”

Mia:
“Now this one is feisty. She’s can be cold, and pretty head strong but respect her self belief.“

Hiii so, it looks like the rp is still open, but from the latests posts in the thread it seems like maybe it is in fact not? Either way, I figured I’d drop a quick n’ dirty CS since this looked interesting, and then whichever way it goes from there I’m at least ahead of the curve. Didn’t bother with relationships, since I dunno what the status is lookin’ like right now. I tried to format this reasonably and pop it into a spoiler, but I’m on mobile and the site is being…less than cooperative, lets say. Anyway, I suppose lemme know what the availability front looks like~ Rithas Rithas

1667039304544.png
55281DF3-7F66-46A2-9457-9F0B0FACC162.jpeg
1667039417591.png

#C3C3C3
22 19
@straylite
cyberspecc’d

Aerin showed up in the middle of the semester two years ago, looking visibly out of place. He was obviously one of the older students at the school, though his student ID claimed he was ostensibly 19. There were a fair few students at A6 that were older or younger than the majority of the student body, but even so he felt like an outlier. Aerin spent most of his time on his own, or hanging out with the strange people who occasionally “picked him up” after class. Not family members, surely, unless he had an inordinately wide-branching family tree. Certainly, if they were relatives, one would never guess by looking at them. Besides which, Aerin seemed to be in possession of some tech that was definitely not for kids. It was hard to say if anybody at A6 really spent time with him. Somehow, he never seemed to be in anybody’s group projects or at their lunch tables. Somehow, the desk next to his seemed to always be empty. And yet, there was nothing strictly unapproachable about the guy. Hell, he cracked jokes, he laughed, he was even nice. So how come he didn’t seem to have a single friend to his name?

The sad truth was, Aerin had urgent need of a degree he never got around to earning. It wasn’t easy to get a dumpster kid with no CICI or fednumber into the system, but here he was, all chipped up and bushy tailed and ready to learn. A regular poindexter. Sure, maybe he didn’t have the pocket protector or bowl cut to go with the attitude, but no teacher ever had a problem with his work or can-do attitude. And they better never have one, for Aerins’ sake. There was money riding on his success that he could never pay back. Not with cash, anyway.

When not earnestly writing book reports and volunteering to run the debuggers after class, Aerin spent a lot of his time plugged in to his deck. He seemed to live more online than off, and judging from his tech, he was a real A/V aficionado. If the nicotine stains weren’t a dead giveaway, the chalky white ash that perpetually rained down over his deck like snow evidenced his second-most partaken in hobby. Other than that, it seemed like Aerin went to great lengths to keep whatever he did out of sight. He’d doodle on his desk all through break, and then meticulously erase his work before he left. He’d read books or watch holotapes in the library, but never borrow a single one. His checkout list was as empty as the day he first arrived. Just about the only place Aerin showed any kind of overt enthusiasm was cooking class. His specialty was a raspberry chiffon tart with lemon-rosemary merengue icing.

In a similar vein, it was nigh impossible to say if Aerin had any strong aversions to anything. He didn’t seem particularly squeamish, nor plagued by those most common fears of the human race - heights, the dark, death. One or two (lucky?) souls might have had the opportunity to watch Aerin flinch and beat a brisk retreat when one of those mutant fucking house centipedes made its way up the school drains, but no one would have ever had the chance to see Aerin faced with his only other real fear - a profound anxiety with silence.

Aerin came equipped with a handful of surprisingly high quality enhancements. Nothing about his manner of dress suggested access to inordinate sums of cash, but he had the nigh-invisible little disks of synthskin at his fingertips that spoke of a high grade deck integration mod. Induction pads and wires run direct to his nervous system, interfacing with his CICI and other implants at the speed of firing neurons. Every flick of the finger was routed direct to the chip, and he had all manner of gesture ‘hotkeys’ to run some routine or code. A cloudy white sheen over his eyes spoke of an ocular overlay - fancy, modular shit generally reserved for corpos and the fortunate fruit of their passionless corpo marriages. There where whispers around the school that he had some kind of military-grade micro slotted into his brain, that he was here to spy on the student body for whatever conglomerate owned the shell company that owned the politician that sponsored the school. All kinds of dumb rumor-mill horseshit. Still, someone had to be paying for those mods…

For all those wondering. The Intro Post header is correct and the RP is open to sign ups. (This is the second signup period)

I think it's a riveting story you've set up!, & can't wait to see how it unfolds~
Thanks! If your just saying that you'll be watching then hope u enjoy it (and if not, fire ahead with CS)

Curious.

Hiii so, it looks like the rp is still open, but from the latests posts in the thread it seems like maybe it is in fact not? Either way, I figured I’d drop a quick n’ dirty CS since this looked interesting, and then whichever way it goes from there I’m at least ahead of the curve. Didn’t bother with relationships, since I dunno what the status is lookin’ like right now. I tried to format this reasonably and pop it into a spoiler, but I’m on mobile and the site is being…less than cooperative, lets say. Anyway, I suppose lemme know what the availability front looks like~ Rithas Rithas

View attachment 1034495
View attachment 1034486
View attachment 1034496

#C3C3C3
22 19
@straylite
cyberspecc’d

Aerin showed up in the middle of the semester two years ago, looking visibly out of place. He was obviously one of the older students at the school, though his student ID claimed he was ostensibly 19. There were a fair few students at A6 that were older or younger than the majority of the student body, but even so he felt like an outlier. Aerin spent most of his time on his own, or hanging out with the strange people who occasionally “picked him up” after class. Not family members, surely, unless he had an inordinately wide-branching family tree. Certainly, if they were relatives, one would never guess by looking at them. Besides which, Aerin seemed to be in possession of some tech that was definitely not for kids. It was hard to say if anybody at A6 really spent time with him. Somehow, he never seemed to be in anybody’s group projects or at their lunch tables. Somehow, the desk next to his seemed to always be empty. And yet, there was nothing strictly unapproachable about the guy. Hell, he cracked jokes, he laughed, he was even nice. So how come he didn’t seem to have a single friend to his name?

The sad truth was, Aerin had urgent need of a degree he never got around to earning. It wasn’t easy to get a dumpster kid with no CICI or fednumber into the system, but here he was, all chipped up and bushy tailed and ready to learn. A regular poindexter. Sure, maybe he didn’t have the pocket protector or bowl cut to go with the attitude, but no teacher ever had a problem with his work or can-do attitude. And they better never have one, for Aerins’ sake. There was money riding on his success that he could never pay back. Not with cash, anyway.

When not earnestly writing book reports and volunteering to run the debuggers after class, Aerin spent a lot of his time plugged in to his deck. He seemed to live more online than off, and judging from his tech, he was a real A/V aficionado. If the nicotine stains weren’t a dead giveaway, the chalky white ash that perpetually rained down over his deck like snow evidenced his second-most partaken in hobby. Other than that, it seemed like Aerin went to great lengths to keep whatever he did out of sight. He’d doodle on his desk all through break, and then meticulously erase his work before he left. He’d read books or watch holotapes in the library, but never borrow a single one. His checkout list was as empty as the day he first arrived. Just about the only place Aerin showed any kind of overt enthusiasm was cooking class. His specialty was a raspberry chiffon tart with lemon-rosemary merengue icing.

In a similar vein, it was nigh impossible to say if Aerin had any strong aversions to anything. He didn’t seem particularly squeamish, nor plagued by those most common fears of the human race - heights, the dark, death. One or two (lucky?) souls might have had the opportunity to watch Aerin flinch and beat a brisk retreat when one of those mutant fucking house centipedes made its way up the school drains, but no one would have ever had the chance to see Aerin faced with his only other real fear - a profound anxiety with silence.

Aerin came equipped with a handful of surprisingly high quality enhancements. Nothing about his manner of dress suggested access to inordinate sums of cash, but he had the nigh-invisible little disks of synthskin at his fingertips that spoke of a high grade deck integration mod. Induction pads and wires run direct to his nervous system, interfacing with his CICI and other implants at the speed of firing neurons. Every flick of the finger was routed direct to the chip, and he had all manner of gesture ‘hotkeys’ to run some routine or code. A cloudy white sheen over his eyes spoke of an ocular overlay - fancy, modular shit generally reserved for corpos and the fortunate fruit of their passionless corpo marriages. There where whispers around the school that he had some kind of military-grade micro slotted into his brain, that he was here to spy on the student body for whatever conglomerate owned the shell company that owned the politician that sponsored the school. All kinds of dumb rumor-mill horseshit. Still, someone had to be paying for those mods…
Hi, thanks for the interest. A few things to note:

• Please format CS into the skeleton format I provided. It makes it easier to read and also makes sure you've followed/read the intro post.
  • You might want to message me about the age thing. I tend to err on the side of not about allowing CS breakage. (Hence giving the range in the first place.)
  • The needed relationships are the characters listed on the front of the Lore thread. Please fill said characters out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back