• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings "It's Hard to Graduate In a Cyberpunk Dystopia!" - Interest Check

M'kay, formatting shouldn't take long, the descriptions are all in the same order as in the skeleton. I'll need a minute to read through everyone elses characters to do the relationships though, so I'll just tag again once it's all figured out. Halloween weekend be busy u.u

I'm throwing my hat in.
I've got a... well saying it's any kind of baked is a disservice but I'm working on a sheet now.

"Don't worry about it. I'll get you fixed up."

Name: Lexi Noel

Appearance:
Yosano.Akiko.full.2316755.jpg

Dialogue Colour Hex Code: #9365B8
Personality:
A pretty levelheaded person until you mention her interests. She is actually pretty smart, but she needs others to help her see how other people interact. To that end, she sees the group as an experiment more than a friend circle. She seems detached and not easily moved to emotions, again until you hit upon the topic of cybernetics and their interacting with biological systems. Then you have a maniac trying to foist her latest 'addition' upon you. She doesn't make them, rumor has it she knows someone who knows someone who owes her a favor. She is possibly a low ranking cybernetics trader in and of herself, but she refuses to say where she gets them.

If you need a cybernetic enhancement, she's your girl. Just keep in mind... she's a bit eccentric and chooses the features for you...

Biography:
Lexi is actually from a pretty normal family. They mostly work in mechanical repairs of many kinds. Her interest in cybernetics only came when her bother's mechanical knee broke and she picked through it. She managed to fix it (mostly) but figured she could make it better. Unhappy with her limited supplies, she came to school with one thing in mind: graduate and become a ripperdoc, someone who makes cybernetics and installs them. Making them is still outside her purview, but she seems to be quite adept at installing them.

She joined the study group after hearing of their antics, interested to see if they can help her go the distance... and perhaps be willing to do some experiments for her...

Hobbies:
  • Cybernetics- she's still working on her prototypes, and she's not testing those. Don't worry, she won't install anything that would hurt you... probably.
  • Reading- learning to hack into the cyberlibrary (Amazon.com) she picks mostly easy medical texts and tech manuals. Things that can be easily overlooked if no one wants to see what's on the 'shelf'.
  • Video Games- she says it's for training her dexterity, but she seems to have the high score on Virtua Fighter 222 and enjoys Final Fantasy 82.

Fears:
  • Spiders- she knows they work based on hydraulics, but jeez they're really gross. Not like mechanical hydraulics, they need icky goo.
  • Frankenstein- who would use a dead body's parts to make a living being? Just use metal! All that rot... ick.

Cybernetic Enhancements:
  • DexSupport 22: Her gloves cover wiring that makes sure her hands are precise when dealing with cybernetics. When she takes the gloves off, her hands shake with an intensity matched by her exhaustion. Originally made for gamers, her tech person has refined them to be just below medical grade.
  • Saber Optics V3.5: Only one eye has been replaced. She keeps it close to her natural eye color, but when she's excited the experimental wiring makes it go crazy in terms of colors. It also has a "natural eye only" mode that clears out all the readouts and makes the eye stay in the "default natural" colors. Naturally, her tech guy also experimented on it, after she lost it in a disagreement with a client.

CICI Username: HeartRipper

Speciality: Cyber

Relationships:
Rin Tanaka:

"I'll keep my secrets, but she really ought to make her eye more of a secret. I noticed it right away... and honestly I'd kill to have a new eye like that. Maybe she'll let me take one out to see the inner workings..."

Miruno Asaghawa:
"Never liked haiku. I have many questions about her cybernetics and that machina thing. This is why you install antivirus and anti-malware..."

Veronica Jessica Patterson:
"I just want to upgrade that jaw of hers... oh the person on the jaw? Uhhh... well if I can upgrade her setup maybe I can make sure to fund more of my fun projects."

Natsuiro Iliya
"Oh you sleepy doll... the things I could do to fix your chronic tiredness... but I swore to not do that without consent. Again."

Cairn Orias
"I must steal his books. I mean... borrow. I wouldn't steal from a 'friend'."

Basil Abbot
"Machines can't talk back? Bah! He's never heard the sound of a finely tuned cybernetic."

Samuel Castro
"Give me your heart. No, I mean literally. What is it made of anyway? Hearts are tricky to make and trickier to install. Wait, where did he say he got it?"

Viviane Browning
"I hacked her pacemaker. Not as fun as I expected. I have to admit I'm worried about the overcharging. Tend to wear out the heart as well as the user. Plus, focibly stopping panic attacks rarely work out well for the user."

Airani D.M.S:
"Her arm is neat, I think there could be something I could do to make it function better, such as having multiple colors in it. Also I wish she'd let me upgrade her eyes... I have some V3s just sitting around..."

Machina Exodeus:
"Much as I hate the malware, the fact that an AI spontaneously formed is amazing. I wonder if there's a way to make a full body cybernetic she could control...?"

Mia Schneider:
"A brat. I'd gut her if her CICI issues weren't fascinating. If you feel something be straightforward! Humans like her make my head hurt."

Raymond Denhart:
"An idiot. A nosy idiot."

I'm down for this! A group of teenage punks trying to make something of themselves!
I have a character in mind for this as well- Morrisa's a criminal like most people in town, but after a recent incident she was ultimately given an ultimatum: graduate or spend the rest of her life in prison. She'd rather not do either, but at least if she graduates she can skip town and get a new SIN to work off of.

Karyra Karyra ,
  • Small Note: Lexi can certainly learn to/would be able atm to do small-grade replacements/upgrades on Cyberparts with the right gear. Ripping (IE: Removing flesh/ assessing internal organs for cybernetic enhancements) would require a machine and expertise that only official or big deal shady backalley docs could have access to. Not to say that couldn't come to be at some point.
  • Accepted, Please post your character sheet in the lore thread.
  • Lexi Noel: The Back-alley Med-Student - Joins the Group!

I'm down for this! A group of teenage punks trying to make something of themselves!
I have a character in mind for this as well- Morrisa's a criminal like most people in town, but after a recent incident she was ultimately given an ultimatum: graduate or spend the rest of her life in prison. She'd rather not do either, but at least if she graduates she can skip town and get a new SIN to work off of.

Nothing motivates someone like a prison sentence!...probably.

(I also like the implication that she wants to graduate so she can commit even more crimes haha)

Exactly! Morrisa just wants the freedom to be herself, even if that means being able to stab people.
She was a lot of fun to play in Shadowrun, especially with an assortment of bioware to make her into an awesome street sam- she had a tail with a poisonous stinger on the tip.

Exactly! Morrisa just wants the freedom to be herself, even if that means being able to stab people.
She was a lot of fun to play in Shadowrun, especially with an assortment of bioware to make her into an awesome street sam- she had a tail with a poisonous stinger on the tip.
That feels like it would make sitting down very dangerous

Okay! I think I did it right?
There's a few things to note to be honest.
  • The CS format is hard to read. I'd suggest looking at Rin's or Miruno's CS to have a general gist of how to format it for legibility.
  • The FC on the left needs to be changed. I don't really mind the sources of things but I do try to avoid a literal penis censor lol. Amongst some other things. (It's also against the pg-13 rules of the site)
    • Speaking of, is there context onto having two fc's? If so, please add in the context (I assume one is an avatar in the cyber world). If not, narrow it down to one.
  • A Dialogue Colour Code is Required in this RP. Please Add One.
  • Please elaborate on what you ask by bioware. If you mean artificial growth of unhuman features, that is not achieved yet in the world of this RP
  • So is your character an actual active killer or just someone who incites fights to enact violence? Just want to check how unhinged they are. This maaay need to be toned down slightly.
  • Your character has to have a last name. Doesn't have to be their actual last name, but there has to be one for 'school' reasons.
  • The Bio could be beefed up a little bit.
  • Character Relationships are required for acceptance. Please head to the Lore thread and check the characters in the first post to see who you have to add.

Last edited:
I'd also suggest to get to doing all of these things before you tag me.

I'd also highly suggest doing a quick edit to remove the FC first to avoid potential trouble.

Last edited:
Name: Morrisa Crepuscule

1670523784819.png
(Like this, but with dark skin and black hair.)

Dialogue Colour Hex Code: 880808
Personality: Morrisa likes to have fun and enjoy her freedom!

She doesn't allow herself to show any weaknesses like fear or anger, so she keeps up a 'curious and friendly' persona.
-this leads to people underestimating her and thinking little of her, which is all a part of her 'master plan' that she swears she has -even though she's making it all up as she goes because she never thinks everything through.
Morrisa is a friendly individual until someone crosses her or gives her any reason to retaliate, then she'll take matters into her own hands, be it stealing something she wants or stabbing someone until they stop being in her way.

She isn't the brightest person out there, having skipped many years of schooling, but she feeds it into her 'helpless' persona. She also has a very poor sense of morality; if she needs the food, and the person has the food, they should give her the food, "obvs."

For reasons only Morrisa can explain, she likes to 'perch' on counters and tables and the like instead of sitting properly. It puts her in a better position to start running if things go bad- just like a wild animal, she doesn't trust other humans.

Fun facts!
-Morrisa is left-handed and writes backwards- her text is mirrored and she writes it from right to left. At first it was an accident, copying someone's writing style and flipping it cause she was using her left hand instead of her right, but she prefers to read backwards text now and likes writing this way.
-Morrisa doesn't understand morals. If someone has food and she needs food, why is it wrong for her to take the food? | If someone attacks her, why shouldn't she attack back?
Biography: Morrisa grew up on the streets, with no one to care about her but herself. When she was young she was taken in by a foster family, but she wound up running away- she didn't kill them, but she did take some money.
Ever since then she's had to find a place for herself, taking what she wanted and needed, and attacking anyone who tried to tell her no. She had a good home for herself, but all good things must come to an end.
A few years before the events of this story, Morrisa was finally captured by the police. After months of trials and being stuck in various prisons, she was given an ultimatum: graduate from school or go to prison forever.

Morrisa never had a formal education, but she picked up on things eventually. With the knowledge that someone could be following her at any time, she's done a good job of straddling the line between 'law-abiding citizen' and 'being herself'. She doesn't have to steal food anymore, but she'll stick pick the odd pocket and get in the occasional fight; it's all fair if she never gets caught, right?

Hobbies: Morrisa likes to skate -roller blades over skateboards- and do parkour. When she has the free time to do so she'll wander around after dark, silently daring someone to try to jump her; it's not murder if it's in self-defense, after all. Of course if she does it too much then the law-people start throwing around big words, but if she /happens/ to be out doing something /important/ and someone /happens/ to /scare/ her, then it couldn't /possibly/ be her fault, right?

Fears: She won't admit it to anyone, but being confined/trapped is a big fear of hers.
She's also afraid of being 'normal': she read a book about a city where everyone is drugged to act and behave like 'normal' people, and a small part of her is afraid of that happening to her: not that she believes in such a drug, but that she'll mellow out and start to act like a normal person and just live a normal life. How much normal is too much normal? Will a time come when she doesn't want to go on runs or explore dark alleys? The fear haunts her and causes her to act out more, thus causing the law-people to put more pressure on her.

Cybernetic Enhancements: No cyberware; that stuff is uber expensive and she doesn't trust anyone to put it in her in the first place. Sometimes she comes across some 'ware in her day to day time, but it's worth a lot more to her to pawn it off than to try to use it herself.

CICI Username: ƨƨɘnʞɿɒႧʜɈiWƨɘɔnɒႧ (DancesWithDarkness)
Speciality: Charm

~~~~~

Relationships:

Rin Tanaka: "Just another face in the crowd, always acting like she's too good for anyone. Might be a narc."

Miruno Asagahawa: "Is she a real person? I think she's just a ghost. Half the time she seems real and the other half she smells like nothing. I should get the law-people on her case; I think ghosts are illegal here?"

Cairn Orias: "A wallflower. Good. Too many people are too loud these days, Rin."

Samuel Castro: "Total law-person in disguise. Always wants to stop anyone from having fun. So lame. Why can he play with knives and I can't?"

Basil Abbot: "Not a threat. Might steal my knife, but I could take it back from him."

Airani D.M.S: "I totally caught her tagging up a wall once, she made it look a helluva lot better than it did before. I think she knows I saw her, cause she never complains when I want to use her 'cheat-sheets'; those books are way too bland to read all the way through!"

Machina Exodus: "So cute! I just wanna squeeze her until she pops! She always manages to escape somehow though. Rude."

Mia Schneider: "Cute, but bitter, like a sour candy. Note to self: do not bite. Even if she suggests it."

Raymond Denhart: "I can use him. If he wants to take credit for my illegal stuff to the law-people, I'll take it. He takes credit for everything anyway."

Lexi Noel: "I still don't see the point in cyber-stuff, but free is free, if I can make it work. If Lexi can make me a cyber-snek, I'll take it."

Last edited:
Rithas Rithas - Please let me know if there is anything that needs to be fixed.

"Hello there! Looks like today's weather is pretty nice for a walk!"

shiho-resized.jpg
Source: Zeta from Granblue Fantasy, fanart by Shimatani Azu

Name: Shiho Nakamura
Dialogue Colour Hex Code: #f04a4a

Personality:
At a cursory glance, Shiho looks like an average high school girl, despite her reputation as a transfer student. Those who were acquainted with her will consider Shiho a normal girl without any major issues. For those who worked with her in a couple of assignments, they learned that she is composed student, and will try her best to complete her homework. Not to mention, Shiho is pretty decent in socializing with the other students, too!

On the other hand, those who wanted a relationship more than just high school students soon realized that were facing a metaphorical brick wall. A large brick wall that is comparable to the firewalls that most corporations employed to secure their darkest secrets. Shiho was wearing a social mask, throughout her time in Academy Six. Added with the fact that she is a transfer student of Academy Six, technically nobody should know who she actually was underneath her amicable public persona.

And Shiho has no intention on unmasking herself. Then again, why bother? She is good as it is!

Biography:
Born in an upper class family, Shiho previously enrolled into Atlantica Technological Academy (ATA). The academy was built and funded by a known corporation. It is located at the outskirts of The City With No Name. She was planning to graduate from ATA, until a series of events caused her to be a transfer student in Academy Six. The reasons behind Shiho transferring to Academy Six were unknown. Rumor has it that she was expelled from ATA due to internal school politics, and her parents managed to place her into Academy Six. The other rumors were not that spicy however, such as her family had moved to a new place, or she wanted a new environment.

When Shiho was asked regarding about the reasons for her transfer to Academy Six, the students either got themselves a cold shoulder, or a discreet topic diversion. One thing for sure, Shiho was trying her best to graduate from Academy Six, no matter how bad the circumstances are. And oh, she has a younger sister in Academy Six as well.

Those who browsed Shiho's social media would know that she was once a cosplayer for anime or game related characters. It was a short gig when she was at the Atlantica Technological Academy.

Hobbies:
  • Window-shopping
    Like any girls with some credits in her jacket pockets, Shiho loves to window-shopping at the malls. She treats it as a way to keep herself up to date with in real life stuffs, and also a way to start conversations.

• Sightseeing
    You think a flashy highschooler like Shiho would prefer extreme activities, or even gaming, but nope! She prefers to go to certain spots in the city, just to enjoy some views. If anything, this is a way for her to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.

• Cruising
    The alternative activity of sightseeing. Shiho would just drive at the outskirts of the City in her own car, observing the beauty (and the ugliness) of The City With No Name. Of course, she knows how to avoid driving into gang territories.

• Guns
    One of her less open hobby. As she got older, and perhaps more exposed to the violence that was brewing inside and outside of The City With No Name, Shiho realized that she needs to learn some form of self defense. Firearm is one of them.

Fears:
  • Getting Kidnapped
    It is not just that Shiho has a fear of being murdered, or get herself trafficked away as a slave, it is also the fact that her parents would probably abandon her instead of paying ransom to save her.

• Losing Her Car
    Shiho worked long and hard for her driving license, and her car. Losing her car would be devastating for her.

• Getting Hacked
    The main reason why her CICI was modded, and chose to rely on an external computing device. Shiho knows the dangers of having your senses synced to a chip inside your goddamn brain, and having that same chip wirelessly connected to a public, possibly unknown network. To her, it is not funny, and it can be life threatening.

• Being Unemployed
    No job means no money for her current way of lifestyle, and that is ultra bad. That is why Shiho plans to graduate from Academy Six.

Cybernetic Enhancements:
  • ShiftTacts
    A pair of fashion cyberware lenses that allow the user to change the color of their eyes through CICI. It is embedded into the user's original eyes through surgery. The lenses can be altered to accommodate fixes for certain eye conditions, such as short-sightedness.

• Techhair
    A fashion cyberware that allows the user to change their hair color through CICI. The hair is known to be artificial, with lights inside the cyberware to simulate color that is chosen through CICI.

• Interface Plug
    An inconspicuous port that allows direct connection to Shiho's CICI chip with a wire. It is located at the back of her neck. She commonly used it to sync information with her smartphone, or accessing other machines, as she did not have her CICI with all of its functions enabled. Those yellow texts appearing inside her visions are pretty darned annoying for her.

• Modded CICI
    Unlike most CICI users who left their chips unmodded, Shiho had made some adjustments to her CICI implant, especially in the software aspect. She made sure that her CICI implant has custom firewalls that should deter amateur hackers from getting inside her chip, as well as having extended control over its functions. Shiho can selectively turn off certain functions in CICI, if needed. She also disabled VR by default, as she knew the risks of having her senses hacked through VR. In order to regain some of the functions that she had disabled in CICI, she has to rely on an archaic smartphone to get the job done.

Pretty backwards yes, but it is all in the name of security.
CICI Username: nakamura_is_yabe_9191
Speciality: Charm

Relationships

• Rin Tanaka
    "Miss Tanaka? She is pretty normal, if you ask me. Sure, she has piercings on her ears and face, but eh. I have seen worse. I know the gangers can be more wacky than her."

• Miruno Asagahawa
    Code:
    The girl with haiku
    Tries to be trendy and hip
    A flippant she is

• Cairn Orias
    "I'm glad that people like Orias is still around. I consider him to be more normal than Tanaka."

• Samuel Castro
    "Castro? He could be the hero that Academy Six needs, but not to be deserved."

• Basil Abbot
    "I'm not sure on how to help him. I hope he can seek professional help someday."

• Airani D.M.S
    "Airani was lucky for surviving a high speed crash on a bike. Aside from that, she has to be extra careful with wall graffiti. She can get charged under vandalism, as corpos don't like having their properties sprayed with graffiti."

• Machina Exodeus
    "I know you want to be my friend, but I think I'm good with our current distance. Any more closer, such as accessing my smartphone or my CICI implant without explicit permission, we'll going to have a problem, Friend.

• Mia Schneider
    "Her? I only have one sentence: Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer."

• Raymond Denhart
    "Denhart is cool, I'll give him that! Quite the upbeat one!"

• Lexi Noel
    "Noel has all the makings of a promising ripdoc. Knowledge, experience, and her eccentric personality, especially her obsession on cyberware."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back