• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern it's complicated

Characters
Here
theodora.
mood. "god, i need to get out of here."

location. school parking lot.

outfit. dances suck but i get to wear my black dress.

interactions. drew.

tags. jasmyn jasmyn
Theo was glad she chose this night to debut her new, black dress because this one had pockets, and without pockets, she wouldn't have been able to comfortably carry her phone.

And if she hadn't done that, then she wouldn't have been able to formulate an escape plan.

Typically, Theo enjoyed dances. She wasn't the best dancer, and certainly nowhere near as good as her best friend, Stasi, but she'd never really been one to care about what people thought of her. And even if the dances themselves were a little sober, the after party was usually a place where she thrived. It didn't seem like she'd be going to any after party tonight though. In fact, she wasn't even staying for the full dance.

When Theo stormed out of the gymnasium and headed out front, to the school's parking lot, the sun was still only setting. It was still pretty early in the evening for people to be leaving, but Theo knew she didn't want to be inside there any longer. As of late she'd been fighting more and more with Jamie, and usually for small, petty reasons. Tonight? Because when questioned, Theo had trouble talking about where she saw the relationship going.

Was it bad to not plan ahead? She didn't like marking out every moment in her future. She couldn't do that. But in any case, one thing led to another and it was blown way out of proportion. Theo was fuming. So much so that she didn't stop to find her best friend and tell her she was leaving. Why ruin her night just because Theo was having a sucky one?

No, what Theo thought of doing instead was contacting Drew. He was, perhaps, the one person she knew who probably wasn't big on school dances. She didn't even know if he was here for this one, but she'd find out soon enough. As she walked to the curb, she pulled her phone out to send him a text.

to drewbacca
hey, are you at the dance? i'm outside and i wanna ditch.

At this point, Theo didn't care where they went. She just wanted to go somewhere else.

jameson.
mood. "frustration makes me hungry."

location. behind the gym, near the bleachers.

outfit. i got on my suit and tie.

interactions. anastasia.

tags. jasmyn jasmyn
Going to school dances were like a rite of passage for Jamie. While he was no longer very fond of the whole 'jock' scene, and he'd never truly been obsessed with winning prom king, dances were fun, and they were a place to make a statement for someone like him. Especially considering the family he came from.

Besides, with friends, he knew it was bound to be fun. Every other dance hadn't disappointed him so far. Unfortunately, this wasn't every other dance. It was the first one he'd come to with Theo, since they started dating, and while that had only lasted two months, Jamie could feel the two of them growing distant. Maybe it was the constant fighting. Maybe it was the fact that they didn't share that much in common aside from their mutual love for video games. It was hard for him to tell.

Part of Jamie felt like the distance was his fault. He didn't really know any better, and he hadn't been in many serious relationships before. Was this even serious? Because that wasn't the vibe he got from Theo tonight, and, well, that's what led to the whole fight in the first place.

Jamie itched to have a drink, and while he knew there would be plenty of people in the gym with flasks hidden in their coats, containing some really potent giggle juice, Jamie instead opted to get some fresh air. Hopefully it would feel just as good, and who knows, maybe he'd have a clearer head before going back in. There was no reason he couldn't continue to enjoy the night, right?

As soon as he stepped out though, it became clear that that may not happen. He didn't particularly feel any better, though whatever emotion he was feeling quickly faded and was instead replaced by confusion and curiosity when he noticed a familiar figure standing outside behind the gym as well.

"Stasi?" He thought she'd be inside and dancing — doing what she loved the most, and what she did best. He certainly wasn't expecting to see anyone when he came out for air, especially not her. "What are you doing out here? Is everything okay?" Immediately, he jumped to the conclusion that something was wrong. This could be blamed on his concern for her, considering the fact that they'd known each other for a while. There was a part of him that thought they could share something else, once upon a time, and while that part had never truly left him, he had pushed it down, for the sake of everything that happened afterthat fateful vacation.

[class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 0px 4px 2px 4px; background: #ff7733; color: #fff; [/class] [class name=tab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #ff7733; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #ff7733; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: .4; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=selectedtab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #ff7733; background: #ff7733; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #fff; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabcontents hide titleslide removeClass selectedtab tab set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (addClass selectedtab tab) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (show tabcontents) [/script]
[div class=tab]tags
[div class="tabcontents" style="display: none;"]
[div class=tag]outfit
this little number.
[div class=tag]location
outside the gym.
[div class=tag]interactions
jamie. [/div] [/div] [/div]
Anastasia | 18
Anastasia had prepared for this dance all year just as she did with every other social event. She'd picked out her dress months in advanced and practically planned the entire spring fling since she was part of the dance committee. She'd spent weeks after school, getting things in order and then the past two days getting the gym ready. Hanging streamers, setting up the tables, making sure the DJ didn't play any of the horrible music picked out by the principal. She'd been looking forward to this being a perfect night. After all, it was senior year and every moment was supposed to be amazing. Right?

Stasi's date was the school's baseball star, Logan Bennett. Practically every girl had been crushing on him since middle school and Stasi was no exception. She wasn't even sure he'd noticed her since they had never spoken so she was surprised when he'd asked her but of course she said yes. Who wouldn't? Had she known how much of an asshole he was, she would've turned him down instantly but instead she found out the hard way. He managed to shatter every illusion she had of him in the matter of an hour. He asked her to get them drinks, didn't want to dance and didn't really listen to much she had to say. She realized quickly that he was using her to make his ex-girlfriend, Kate, jealous. It must've worked because after an hour, actually forty-nine minutes to be exact, he'd ditched her for what she assumed was no longer his ex.

After failing to find Theo so she could vent about the horrible experience, she decided to go outside and take a breather. It was better than her going off on Logan and Kate in front of a gym full of students and teacher chaperones like she wanted. She took a sip of the tequila she'd managed to sneak before hearing footsteps approaching. She shoved the metal flask into her purse and spun around, a sigh of relief when she realized it was only Jameson.

"God, you scared me. I thought I was busted," she said as she nudged him playfully. Her eyes must've still been slightly red from the frustration cry earlier because he quickly questioned if she was okay. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just stupid Logan Bennett. He used me to make Kate jealous. Guess I should've seen that coming, huh?" she said, forcing a laugh. "Wait, what are you doing out here? Where is Theo?" she asked curiously. She was probably just in the bathroom or something but Jameson didn't look so upbeat so it was probably yet another one of their fights.
[/div] [/div]
coded by luna.

Last edited:
[class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 0px 4px 2px 4px; background: #2d5986; color: #fff; [/class] [class name=tab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #2d5986; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #2d5986; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: .4; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=selectedtab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #2d5986; background: #2d5986; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #fff; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabcontents hide titleslide removeClass selectedtab tab set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (addClass selectedtab tab) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (show tabcontents) [/script]
[div class=tab]tags
[div class=tag]outfit
this old thing.
[div class=tag]location
school parking lot.
theo. [/div] [/div] [/div]
andrew | 19
Andrew wasn't one for dances or really any school events. He had only gone because a friend of his wanted to pull a few pranks and watch chaos ensue. They'd swapped out the balloon drop for flour, spiked the chaperones punch with vodka and managed to get a few rather inappropriate songs on the DJ's playlist. Now they were back in the parking lot to smoke their victory since they hadn't been caught. Coming to this dance hadn't been such a bad idea since the alternative was to be at home with his father lecturing him on his grades again.

Just as he took a hit off the perfectly rolled joint, his phone buzzed in his pocket. A grin flashed across his face when he saw the name that appeared. Theo, his childhood friend who he had an unusual bond with. [ I am, actually. Guess tonight is your lucky night, Teddy Bear. Be there in a few. ] He replied to the message jokingly before handing the joint off to one of his friends. "Well, nice hanging with you guys but I've got business to attend to," he announced as he slipped the phone back into his pocket. "You mean Theo?" one of his friends called out, to which Drew just flipped him the bird and kept walking towards his motorcycle. He started the beauty up and drove it to the front of the school his eyes spotting her right away. "Did someone order a handsome devil to whisk them away from this miserable dance?" he teased, motioning to the back of his bike.

"So, the night is still young. Where shall we go?" he asked with a grin. They could run by a tattoo shop, hangout out at the abandoned movie theater, ride down to the nearest beach. Whatever she wanted, he'd do. He would never admit that he had a crush on the girl, not even to himself even if it was obvious to his friends. He handed her his flannel to wrap up in so the wind didn't freeze her out before letting the bike roar back to life and taking off towards the road without a particular direction in mind.
[/div] [/div]
coded by luna.

Last edited:
theodora.
mood. "i wanna kill stuff."

location. school parking lot > on the road on drew's bike

outfit. dances suck but i get to wear my black dress.

interactions. drew.

tags. jasmyn jasmyn
Theo didn't have to wait very long for a text back from Drew and what it read made her sigh in relief. That was good. Theo came here with Jamie, and she didn't drive so she would have had to just walk somewhere if Drew hadn't been around, or was unavailable.

Before she knew it, Theo spotted Drew pulling up in front of her on his bike, and his words brought a small smile to her face. Jamie constantly questioned how two people who seemed so different and came from different backgrounds got along as well as Drew and Theo did, and she couldn't really answer that. All she knew was that it worked, and it had worked for as long as they'd known each other.

"Handsome devil?" she echoed with a small smirk, beginning to feel better already. "Chewbacca's definitely handsome, but I wouldn't call him a devil," Theo teased him before taking a few steps forward to be closer to where he stood with his bike stalled.

Accepting the flannel shirt from him, Theo pulled it on before climbing onto the back of his bike. She was grateful for the extra layer of clothing since it was already a little windy out, and on the back of his bike the chilly feeling would only be amplified.

Drew's question got her thinking. She knew she had wanted to get out of here and go anywhere, but now actually being posed with that question made her uncertain about just where she wanted to go. She considered the beach, but ultimately decided there was somewhere else where she might have a little more fun with him.

"The arcade," she told him, as soon as the bike roared to life again and he was taking off down the road. "Let's go to the arcade." There was usually nothing some skee ball and killing virtual zombies couldn't fix. In this case, it might definitely help relieve whatever frustrations she held, and besides, the arcade was close by and was home to some of the best milkshakes in the town.

Granted, Theo expected to be having something else to drink that night, but there was nothing stopping them from doing that either, once they were done at the arcade. She'd probably want to avoid the after party in case Jamie showed up but part of her felt she needed to go, since she owed her best friend an explanation for just bailing on the dance without saying anything.

jameson.
mood. "well isn't this a coincidence."

location. behind the gym, near the bleachers.

outfit. i got on my suit and tie.

interactions. anastasia.

tags. jasmyn jasmyn
Jamie briefly caught the sight of Stasi shoving a flask into her purse and it made him smirk before she explained to him why she was out here all alone. Her answer made him frown. He knew Logan, they played together briefly on the Baseball team, till Jamie decided he wasn't too fond of the sport. He remembered Logan being an ass the entire time though. He perfectly fit the stereotypical jock role. He was rude and entitled but apparently some girls really liked that. Or they didn't see enough of that side of him.

Regardless, Jamie figured Stasi was better off without that guy, and he decided to make that clear. "Logan Bennett is a piece of crap who clearly didn't realise how lucky he was when he asked you to the dance," Jamie explained with a casual shrug. Perhaps there was more meaning to the words but he tried to pass it off as him being nonchalant. He spoke the truth, in any case. Why anyone would think of blowing off Anastasia was a mystery to him, and almost unthinkable in his eyes.

She turned the tables and asked him what he was doing here, which he found a little harder to address, since it was about Theo, and she happened to be Stasi's best friend. "We kind of had a misunderstanding," Jamie explained, not seeing any reason to lie when Theo would likely discuss the details of it all with her best friend later in the evening. "I needed a breather and Theo... I don't know where she went."

If he had to guess, he'd say she was hanging out with that other friend of hers, Andrew. Jamie hadn't had many interactions with the guy but he'd heard enough about him to know that he didn't exactly like the fact that him and Theo were so close.

Not wanting to stay out here longer and give himself a pity party, he turned to Stasi once more after the brief pause. "You wanna get out of here?" He offered, knowing his car was right out front anyway. "I could go for a burger. Or two."

[class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 0px 4px 2px 4px; background: #2d5986; color: #fff; [/class] [class name=tab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #2d5986; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #2d5986; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: .4; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=selectedtab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #2d5986; background: #2d5986; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #fff; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabcontents hide titleslide removeClass selectedtab tab set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (addClass selectedtab tab) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (show tabcontents) [/script]
[div class=tab]tags
[div class=tag]outfit
this old thing.
[div class=tag]location
arcade [div class=tag]interactions
theo. [/div] [/div] [/div]
andrew | 19
Andrew nodded at Theo's request and drove his bike in the direction of the arcade, trying to ignore the feeling of her arms around his waist. Usually when he hung out at the arcade it was with her or to drink in peace since the guy who ran the place never really paid much attention. He couldn't drink at home with the sheriff watching his every move.

Having a the town's sheriff as a father was complicated for Drew. His father was especially hard on him, always expecting him to do the right thing and be another golden child like his brother, Nathan. It wasn't that Drew wanted to rebel against his father, at least not at first anyway. He just knew what he wanted in life. He was young and he wanted to enjoy it while he could and his career choice as a local tattoo artist, wasn't exactly one his father would agree with which was why he only did it on the weekends.

He pulled the bike into the arcade parking lot and parked, letting her climb off before doing so himself. "After you, m'lady." he teased with a wink as he pulled the door open for her. Theo was probably one of the few people that Drew didn't act like a complete douche around. Of course, she had seen his bad side before with as long as they had been friends but he didn't feel the need to put up a wall around her.

"Want a sip?" he pulled the flask from his back pocket as the shuffled in past the crowd. He was curious about what had made her leave the dance so early, usually she liked the school events or so he thought. "Trouble in paridise? Or did you just miss your real best friend?" he asked teasingly, obviously meaning himself. He led her to one of their favorite games in the arcade and handed on of the attached guns to her, taking one for himself and putting some coins in.
[/div] [/div]
coded by luna.

Last edited:
[class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 0px 4px 2px 4px; background: #ff7733; color: #fff; [/class] [class name=tab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #ff7733; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #ff7733; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: .4; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=selectedtab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #ff7733; background: #ff7733; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #fff; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabcontents hide titleslide removeClass selectedtab tab set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (addClass selectedtab tab) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (show tabcontents) [/script]
[div class=tab]tags
[div class=tag]outfit
this little number.
[div class=tag]location
outside the gym.
jamie. [/div] [/div] [/div]
Anastasia | 18
Stasi couldn't help but smile at Jamie's words and he was right. Logan was a jerk and didn't deserve the time she gave him or the time she was giving to being upset about the whole thing. It was more upsetting that the illusion she and so many other girls had of him was gone within the ten minutes she spent around him. "I know. I just feel stupid. I should've known he and Kate weren't actually done," she said rolling her eyes at herself.

When Jamie mentioned he and Theo had gotten into yet another argument she was shocked. They had seemed to be bickering more often lately and although Stasi tried to stay out of it, she was kinda in the middle. She had been best friend's with Theo as long as she could remember but she had shared a few moments with Jamie as well were she felt they connected a bit too. She was sure they'd get over all the nonsense fighting in a few days and be back to the lovey-dovey couple they were but the fight must've been bad if Theo hadn't even told Stasi she was leaving the dance. [Thanks for the heads up you were leaving me.] Stasi typed the text out and hit send before straightening out her dress.

At the mention of a burger Anastasia perked up. She had basically starved herself all day to ensure that the tight dress would fit over her curves for tonight. Now it seemed it didn't even matter as the night had been ruined. As usual, here was Jamie to save the day as he had done before. "Let's do it. I could go for a milkshake too," she said with a grin before following him out to his car. After they climbed in she thanked him for opening her door and put on her seatbelt, ready to ditch the dance which wasn't something she'd normally do but this night had been a bust so far.
[/div] [/div]
coded by luna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back