• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy It's a Pirate's Life for Me (One on one) (Closed)

Simon looked confused "What do you mean? That blade is.... a sacrificial dagger. Diane, I want to let you know that this might not go the way you want it. Yes, it can bring people back to life but there are consequences beyond what you can think of." Simon said remembering what he did with the dagger after Kirkland first gave it to him.

She stood still "It's what i've been after for years. to get my father back, I can't give up when i'm this close. You have to help me get him back." She pleaded

Simon looked into her eyes as she pleads with him. "Fine... but there's a small chance he might not be who you remember" Simon told her "I have to tell you something" he said as he brushes sand away from the center showing the ground stained with red, "I had the chance to bring my mom back.... Once she was resurrected she was blind and couldn't see me. she lost her sight she lost her touch... maybe it'll be different with you but she begged me for release..." he said unable to look at Diane.

She nodded "I'm willing to try, and honestly. I could kill him again if i had too." She said looking straight into Simons eyes as she stuck her arm out, wrist up.

he sighs holding her hand "just take a breath and think of him" he said as he takes the dagger starting the ritual as a quick cut on her hand makes the room begin to glow a blinding light as a silhouette appeared in front of them. "it's Kirkland" Simon said as he stared at the captain. Simon takes a quick look at his wrist and watches another mark grow on him turning his skin to black. "Your treasure Diane." he said giving a light smile knowing that his curse will continue.

Diane looked and when the light faded there stood her father. "Dad...are you....ok?" She asked. captain kirkland seemed very confused. "Diane? What are you doing here, why can't i hear you?" He looked around in wonder. Diane ran to hug him, she almost knocked him over as she cried into his shoulder. Captain Kirkland was still confused as he looked to Simon next. "Simon? what...."He glanced at the dagger in his hand and the skin turning black. "Simon, what have you two done? How could you lead her on like this Simon. I gave that to you so you'd never be able to do this!"captain kirkland yelled. Diane pulled away from him confused herself now

"I... I should have been stronger but look it didn't go as it went last time" he said holding his chest feeling his curse burn through his blood "But you also promised me to keep your daughter happy and she's happy to see you!" he stated smiling as his skin was to go even more pale as if it wasn't touched by the light. "I'll be fine, my well being is not as important as you two," he said as his smile fell a little.
~~~~~~~~~~
(After the ressurection and death of his mother)
The dead man's curse is known for three stages the first one is barely noticeable only being very bad luck but enhanced senses such as night vision. The second stage causes the cursed to turn pale as snow the luck only continues to fall as now the cursed will put themselves and anyone in danger the third stage has yet to be studied but rumor has it that the body turns to dust and blows into the sea but the dead man tells no tales.

"We better get going to the ship." He said holding his hand cannon while walking forward and just before they were about to go back from where they came multiple green eyes were looking at them as unsettling groans were heard Simon raised his hand cannon and fired as thuds were heard but once they came into the light Diane could see the sickly faces as most of their face was gone except their eyes and inhuman jaws. They stood up after a short period of time and Diane could see the black marks on them with three marks. "Find another exit now!" Simon yelled back at Diane and Kirkland looking at them with his amber eyes now were a bright green.

Diane was beyond confused but grabbed her dad's hand and tried to run away. She got pulled back "C'mon lets get out of here!" she yelled "How could you do this? what kind of daughter are you? You killed me and then wanted me back and now you're leaving Simon behind!" He shoved her away and took her gun. "I'll save you Simon!" He yelled

It was too late. Simon was being surrounded and overpowered by the husks as he had ran out of bullets and started using his dagger. He turned to see Captain Kirkland coming back to help him "Kirkland, I thought I told you-" Simon yelled before realizing that he can't hear him. "Darn it" he said as he started cutting down the husk and one husk grabbed Kirkland and Simon acted violently rips the husk to shreds as it drops to the ground and its eyes went dark Simon grabbed Kirkland and started running taking the gun from Kirkland and firing at the husks as they moved to Diane. He wraps his arm around her Leading them to the exit. "Come on Diane!" he said rushing her and Kirkland to an exit that is right in front of the camp that the crew set up. "Get a barrel of gun powder now!" Simon yelled as Peter took action grabbing one and dropping it beside the cave entrance as everyone watched the husks coming. Simon takes another shot and watches a landslide crush any Husk that had walked far enough out. "What the hell was that so- Captain Kirkland, you're alive?!" Jack said walking over in front of the captain.

Captain Kirkland was confused "Jack? you really did stay after all these years!" He exclaimed as he went and gave jack a very strong hug. Diane looked at Simon and marched up to him. putting a finger to his chest she demanded "You let me do this! What was that! Have you done this before! Why didn't you say anything!" she demanded. Peter and the rest of the misfit crew staired with mouths open wide. "Are we gonna pretend that that didn't just happen!" Peter yelled to put a hold to the comotion.

Simon looked to everyone even to Deimos and Estella who looked at him in fear "Yes, I have done this before. in fact, even though I was told by Captain Kirkland to never use it for such a reason my ancestors have served the goddess of the seas kin for many generations. It's a never ending cycle.... I first attempted to bring my mother back. She attempted to help the goddess's kin bring her first love back. my grandfather attempted to bring back the goddess's merry friends and it continues on. And those husks over there that have been trapped on the island are my ancestors.... and there will be a time in my life that in order to save the next kin I will use my last bit of soul to do so and become a husk." Simon said looking down to the ground and away from the crew and specifically Diane.

Diane grabbed his collar and shook him "WHat!" She exclaimed. "How do we fix this! Who's the next kin!" She yelled. Captain Kirkland pulled Diane away and tried to get her to calm down.

"Are you that headstrong that you think nothing will end you. We don't fix this, and Diane, daughter of Calypso. It is my duty to serve you for as long as I live and to sacrifice the rest of my soul to keep you safe." Simon said with his fist clenched. "As much as I wish there was another way Diane." he stopped himself and looked away.

Diane calmed down and Captain Kirkland released her. "It's me......Simon, there has to be another way. I would have never had you help me if i knew." She looked away from everyone and crouched down, head in her hands.

Simon walks to Diane and crouches down wrapping his arms around her "It's alright Diane, we're both here now and your father is even with you now" Simon said still holding on to the sweet girl before picking her up Bridal carry style to the dinghy as everyone stats taking multiple dinghy trips as Simon waits with Diane still in his arms he looks down smiling.

As the dinghy returned back from the ship Simon thought it would be best to sugar coat his fate. "Captain, just because it is to happen doesn't mean it will happen today, or tomorrow or even years," Simon said standing her up and fixing her hat on her head. "Sure it sounds selfish but I would without question use my last chance if it were to save you or someone you cared for," Simon states before he finally hands her the gun that her father took from her.

Diane reluctantly took the gun but smiled now. "Well of that's the case then theirs nothing to worry about now is there!" She exclaimed, happier now. Her and jack and captain Kirkland got onto the dinghy as well as the twins. Peter had his hand on Simon's shoulder and held him back for a bit. Judging by the look he got from Peter at the moment jack decided to start ferrying his passengers back to the boat. Captain Kirkland sighed. "Diane, why did you bring me back anyways, Davy Jones locker wasn't that bad. Nice and quiet. Something I never got with you around." He said with a small laugh. Diane was about to answer then remembered that he couldn't hear. She decided to ignore him and turned to jack. "We'll have to fix that sometime huh." Jack hesitantly nodded. The captain was old anyways and he wasn't even really the captain anymore so did it matter? But he wouldn't say that to her face.

As the dinghy was out of earshot Peter's grip on Simon's shoulder grew tighter "I don't know what the hell any of that back there was. But it's not the end, is it? And what was that about sacrificing yourself for Diane? You were not to continue this cycle. That dagger was given to you to end it!" Peter yelled at Simon and Simon sighed and turned to his friend "If it is to happen then it will." Simon told his friend while Peter began yelling louder. "You brought back Captain Kirkland! Diane had killed him before and now he is deaf! Is that how a pirate wants to live!" Peter argued as Simon simply ignored it "I want to know her side of it first. You didn't see what she did. She ran into his arms and hugged her crying as if she was just a young lass." Simon said defending Diane.
Jack had returned with the dinghy to row them back and after everyone was on board and the ship was sailing away from the island in the distance we saw a part of the mountainside on the ocean start to collapse as ships as dark as night burst out and an eerie fog surrounded the island once more.

Diane shuddered as she watched. the island looked a lot creepier now for sure. She turned away from it and walked up to the wheel of the ship where her father was. "Here, you're the captain now..." She got his attention with her hand and then put her hat on his head. "Welcome back captain." She said with a smile. Peter caught her eye when she saw him giving her skeptical looks and following Simon around very closely.

"This is madness Simon, surely you can see it..." Peter whispered to him as Simon looked up to Diane as he ascended up the stairs to the hull standing in front of Diane. Although he wanted to side with Diane. He knew that Peter could turn the crew against her in a snap. "Cap- Diane, could we speak in private..." he asked seeing her once again with her white hair. He held his hand out to the goddess's daughter as he shifted his eyes to the Captain's quarters.

Diane looked at the ground but took his hand as a yes to speaking privately. as they walked away from Captain Kirkland they could both feel an icy stare. Diane stiffened up as she walked "I know he can't hear anything but honestly, i feel like he still knows what everyone else is thinking. like they don't even have to say it and he still knows...."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back