• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ito's Ramen Stand | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I won't have the time to do a short story for a bit, but I do want that sweet XPs so it will be done before long haha.

Rantos Rantos not a problem tyt
Jolly Roger Jolly Roger its never too late! You can take all the time you need. The RP is a little different than what I’ve seen on rpn, it doesn’t follow one plot so it allows people to come and go at anytime time.

I know you said almost dying or dying could cause a character to be sensitive to spirits. Could the oppisite be true? Almost killing or killing someone? Like perhaps the negative energy would awaken some sort of sixth sense in them?

Are all spirits bad? What do they do (other than haunt)? Will we be using Japanese yokai?
I asked the same question on page one. The GM's reply was

YIKES! You’ve just thrown me a hot potato! Keep it coming!, I love carbohydrates.

But no, YC can have maxed out sensitivity even before they meet Ito. He basically just gives you the jobs, and helps you with the requirements.

Heheh, there’s all types of spirits. They vary greatly from peaceful, to mischievous and malevolent. Most the time they’re more harm than good. But there are those with high malice. They’re the demons and evil entities. YC will gain the power to pass judgement in passing spirits over or sending them to hell. They shouldn’t arbitrarily exercise this power to every damn spirit though. Most don’t want to pass over. The spiritual realm is their home. They’ll all come for you, if you do. There’s going to be a malice system. YC can go the pacifist route, and try to calm the spirits. Or they can go chaos route and fight them. There’s neutral as well. The methods don’t matter to Ito. You just need to get the job done. But there are those with very high malice and cannot be calmed. Send those ones straight to Hell.

Spirits take many forms. Those with low spiritual energy- the basic ghosts, usually appear as shadows. But for the most part, this Rp follows Japanese mythology. So these are Yokai. They can appear as humans, animals, objects, nature, or even no descernible shape.

I hope I cleared some things up for you. I was planning to make a proper lore page, but we’ll. I got lazy. lololol. It’s also fun to let YC figure things out once you get started.
But keep those questions coming!

I asked the same question on page one. The GM's reply was

YIKES! You’ve just thrown me a hot potato! Keep it coming!, I love carbohydrates.

But no, YC can have maxed out sensitivity even before they meet Ito. He basically just gives you the jobs, and helps you with the requirements.

Heheh, there’s all types of spirits. They vary greatly from peaceful, to mischievous and malevolent. Most the time they’re more harm than good. But there are those with high malice. They’re the demons and evil entities. YC will gain the power to pass judgement in passing spirits over or sending them to hell. They shouldn’t arbitrarily exercise this power to every damn spirit though. Most don’t want to pass over. The spiritual realm is their home. They’ll all come for you, if you do. There’s going to be a malice system. YC can go the pacifist route, and try to calm the spirits. Or they can go chaos route and fight them. There’s neutral as well. The methods don’t matter to Ito. You just need to get the job done. But there are those with very high malice and cannot be calmed. Send those ones straight to Hell.

Spirits take many forms. Those with low spiritual energy- the basic ghosts, usually appear as shadows. But for the most part, this Rp follows Japanese mythology. So these are Yokai. They can appear as humans, animals, objects, nature, or even no descernible shape.

I hope I cleared some things up for you. I was planning to make a proper lore page, but we’ll. I got lazy. lololol. It’s also fun to let YC figure things out once you get started.
But keep those questions coming!

Oh shoot mb thank ye

I know you said almost dying or dying could cause a character to be sensitive to spirits. Could the oppisite be true? Almost killing or killing someone? Like perhaps the negative energy would awaken some sort of sixth sense in them?
pot4to pot4to Forgot to tag ya

Ariel Ariel Yes, Definitely! Those were just suggestions so that people would get the gist of it. But of course that is fine! That's quite the divine punishment, no?

Dreamtique Dreamtique Oh, if it isn't our wandering spirit! Yes, of course. I've created this RP in consideration of the high ditch rate. It's fine, it happens (I do it too). But it slows down the RP for everyone else, and also when you ditch an RP, it doesn't feel very welcoming to come back to it when it follows one plot, right? What solved this problem on my old RP outlet was that RP's were made with various IC threads. It gave the possibility for different character interactions to happen at the same time, and in different locations, and in different timelines. You were pretty much given the freedom to RP with whoever and however you like. You can slip in and out. I'm trying to follow that, however it may bring some cluster problems since I only have one main IC thread to work with at this time. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I'll fashion it, but the gist is that the RP follow your individual character. As a player, the game will follow you, not the other way around. You have the power to take the job, and write out the scenario given. You can do them with a partner, a group, or even go solo! It's your domain to roam. Basically, these jobs, are fashioned out as mini plots for you, if you choose to follow. Everyone will get their own and different jobs, and you're free to request them at any time. Or, forget the job, you can simply just be interacting with another character. Hopefully that makes sense? If it doesn't, I'll try to further elaborate.

Thank you Rantos Rantos , I'm a lazy potato so I didn't copy and paste it out LOL. Bad, tot.

doneanddusted doneanddusted , hopefully that answered your question! The spiritual realm is pretty much the home of spirits. It's divided, yet connected to the physical (our) world). Not all spirits haunt. Most, by nature, love to play tricks and scare the living wits outta the humans that can see them (wouldn't you?). But, mostly they're just living in their own way. However, there are those malicious spirits. Those will do you harm with evil intent. edit: hehe shimizu is such a qt < 3

Wake Wake Look here, another friend! Welcome, we're happy to have ya! Edit: omfg. an introverted hedonist. yes, that's my cup of tea.

Last edited:
For this RP, since the structure is a bit weird, are we supposed to each post our own starters or are we waiting for more people to join before getting the ball rolling?
pot4to pot4to

Honestly I was going to write up responses for your individual characters to respond to, sorry! I’m in the middle of training so whenever I’m home I’m fricken exhausted and don’t have the mental capacity to write anything out. I’m weak orz
I promise I’ll get to it.
Oh, I see, well don't worry about it too hard! I was just wondering how it was gonna work out kek

pot4to pot4to Added the part about the spirits add the end of the bio.

Also, wait, is this starting soon?
I only ask because Rantos Rantos and I are going away and won't be around again until Tuesday.

Also, wait, is this starting soon?
I only ask because Ariel Ariel and I are going away and won't be around again until Tuesday.

CS is up! I'm currently rewriting the little extra story/snippet been rewriting forever orz
Will let ya know when it's done.

Ooof I'm here, I'm here. It has been a busy past two weeks. Although it will continue to still busy for me, but I love this rp so much that I will somehow claw my way to participate in this. I will try and have a sheet up tonight, but it will have to be plain with no coding (since I am incompetent with BBCode lol).

pot4to pot4to I would like to say though I have been absent recently I am still completely ready and willing to start this roleplay!

Aiiiish, so I made doubly sure to tag this and the other related forums to my email notifications (I sometimes suck at messages if RPN doesn't yell at me)... missin' all the good stuff. With that being said, I'll be sporadic as hell but will make sure (triple sure) to not let the flow get all interrupted and such. This RP's story is intriguing, without a doubt.

I'll take a gander at what you shared, pot4to pot4to as I'm not sure I am fond of my C at this time. As for your exhaustion, please get some sleep! Life and health first :D

hi guys im sorry to have just gone and disappeared like that
a close buddy of mine got in a motorcycle accident and I just needed some time to grieve
anyways, with school starting I don't think I'll be able to lead a group
but if you ever want to do a one on one, or lead the story yourself I'm always game
again, apologies

-hugs-

Man, there's no need to apologise. We all understand the circumstances and it's chill. You do as you do. Good luck with school, man. Work hard and learn lots. And if the spirit moves you and you find yourself making another roleplay in the future give me a poke~

As Rantos said, no need to apologize! Stuff happens and life outside of RPN is top priority. Good luck with your endeavors and prayers and good thoughts to you and your friend's family.

Go kick some educational ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back