• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ito's Ramen Stand | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

pot4to

ito's ramen stand | 陰陽師 ///​

GAME OFFLINE
DISCUSSION <
> HEY, YOU.
YEAH, YOU.
BEHIND THE SCREEN. THAT'S RIGHT. I SEE YOU.

> USE THIS SPACE HOWEVER YOU'D LIKE.
GET ANSWERS, GET INSPO, GET CRAZY, GET WILD.

> HAH. JUST KIDDING.
YOU BETTER WATCH YOURSELF.

TALK LIKE A NORMIE
GET CRAZY, GET WILD <
KOHAKU | 琥珀

The groups coding credits go to pasta pasta , I wanna thank them for the lovely template.

Last edited:
pot4to pot4to

Yo Mr.Tot, how apparent are the ghosts to those who can see them? That is to say do our characters see ghosts floating around the streets in mass or is seeing a ghost out in the open a rare occurrence?

I... I do not condone to this type of violence!
*snickers uncontrollably. Wild out, my friends. My man Rantos Rantos ! That is a good question. You can say it varies. Everyone has a different sensitivity to the spiritual realm. There are also different concentrations in different areas. But remember, SF is the worlds most populous city. YC could be prone to seeing only one demon their whole life. But for those with high sensitivity, they’re everywhere. Of course, once YC gets into the exorcist biz, their sight is pretty much heightened to the max. PLUS ULTRA!! It’s the job requirement. You gotta be some level of crazy to do it.

So is that to say that none of our characters would see spirits often until they start working for the ramen shop. Okay, okay, I get that.

What are the spirits like? Are there malicious spirits and kind spirits? Do some of them look human and some of them not? Are they the same types of spirits that exist in the mythology of our own world?

Think man think! These questions are coming out of my head faster than hot cakes from a 600-degree oven!

YIKES! You’ve just thrown me a hot potato! Keep it coming!, I love carbohydrates.

But no, YC can have maxed out sensitivity even before they meet Ito. He basically just gives you the jobs, and helps you with the requirements.

Heheh, there’s all types of spirits. They vary greatly from peaceful, to mischievous and malevolent. Most the time they’re more harm than good. But there are those with high malice. They’re the demons and evil entities. YC will gain the power to pass judgement in passing spirits over or sending them to hell. They shouldn’t arbitrarily exercise this power to every damn spirit though. Most don’t want to pass over. The spiritual realm is their home. They’ll all come for you, if you do. There’s going to be a malice system. YC can go the pacifist route, and try to calm the spirits. Or they can go chaos route and fight them. There’s neutral as well. The methods don’t matter to Ito. You just need to get the job done. But there are those with very high malice and cannot be calmed. Send those ones straight to Hell.

Spirits take many forms. Those with low spiritual energy- the basic ghosts, usually appear as shadows. But for the most part, this Rp follows Japanese mythology. So these are Yokai. They can appear as humans, animals, objects, nature, or even no descernible shape.

I hope I cleared some things up for you. I was planning to make a proper lore page, but we’ll. I got lazy. lololol. It’s also fun to let YC figure things out once you get started.
But keep those questions coming!

Allllllllright! That answers most of my question quite well! Thank you, thank you! You've crafted exactly the world I look forward to playing in! That's all the questions I have for the time being. However, I would still like to talk about my character, in private, if that is okay with you.

I’m glad you’ve taken a liking! Ofc you’re welcome to message me anytime. I’m looking forward to all your characters and would love to discuss them with you individually as well.

Oh, and I would also like to add. This world is much like ours. Please try not to max out YC’s knowledge in weaponry, combat and the such. I’m not looking for a group of assassins. Rather, this idea came from thinking of a group of normal, unassuming citizens that have everyday jobs. Your next door neighbour, a shy office worker, that pregnant lady who owns the flower shop, or that awkward kid in class type of feel. I mean, your boss makes ramen For a living. I’m not trying to limit your options, but I think it’s kinda bad ass when there’s that type of contrast or secret life.

Last edited:
What a lovely and interesting RP, I am compelled to give it such compliment! I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Oh, and I would also like to add. This world is much like ours. Please try not to max out YC’s knowledge in weaponry, combat and the such. I’m not looking for a group of assassins. Rather, this idea came from thinking of a group of normal, unassuming citizens that have everyday jobs. Your next door neighbour, a shy office worker, that pregnant lady who owns the flower shop, or that awkward kid in class type of feel. I mean, your boss makes ramen For a living. I’m not trying to limit your options, but I think it’s kinda bad ass when there’s that type of contrast or secret life.
Oh dammit. I've thought of a character that used to be a pilot but a near death gave her the 'sight' to see. I was thinking of making her a waitress or even a judo instructor or something mundane cos ya know- trauma.

I finished my occupation and short snippet of a little bit about her, that like example piece or whatever.
Now to do the history and personality. Wew~

Ariel Ariel I’m looking forward to reading your CS! I’ll do it shortly, and ohh, you’ve written an excerpt before your CS. That’s something I would do! Edit: YOUR SNIPPET WAS BRAVO. Yes, I would love to have this little punk on the team < 3 your style of writing was very fluent and I’m looking forward to seeing more from ya

Ohoho, and we’re excited to have you too doneanddusted doneanddusted ! Come aboard and I’ll take you on a journey.

Dreamtique Dreamtique , you’re making me blush! I’m happy to know this has caught your interest. You’re always welcome here, and can drop by anytime you’d like. I guess our thread has our own little spirit ~

RI.a RI.a , I’m quite fine with an ex pilot! Or even a current pilot! But I do want some sense of realism (yes I know it’s a fantasy RP but let a tot dream!). That being said, I’d be okay if YC was old enough to be a pilot. It takes a lot of years and training. So an ex pilot in their early twenties got me asking a lot of questions. (Like wtf is their secret!? Tell me!!) But I guess it depends on what kind of pilot they were, cause there are young pilots. If they were licensed for only a small aircraft, then that would be fine! Just do a tee wee bit of research to know a bit about the requirements.

@everyone(but I could just be talking to myself). My ideal character is one focused more on their personality than their history, but ofc these go hand in hand. The sense of realism I want out of a mundane life is so that you can focus in on what kind of person YC is. Don’t try to complicate the backstory too much.

The way I’m trying to orchestrate this RP is that the outcome is based on what actions YC takes. The jobs Ito gives them are geared to put them in situations for them to make decisions and avoid mistakes, as well as learn from them (or maybe even not). My job is to make YC constantly question their morals. That’s when I’m doing a good job.

oh, and a piece of advice that you rlly don’t have to follow is this List of vices and virtues for character development. I love using this to flesh out my characters, and maybe it’ll be up your alley.

God I ramble so much.. and sound so stuffy. I hope I’m not scaring y’all off.

Last edited:
@RI.a , I’m quite fine with an ex pilot! Or even a current pilot! But I do want some sense of realism (yes I know it’s a fantasy RP but let a tot dream!). That being said, I’d be okay if YC was old enough to be a pilot. It takes a lot of years and training. So an ex pilot in their early twenties got me asking a lot of questions. (Like wtf is their secret!? Tell me!!) But I guess it depends on what kind of pilot they were, cause there are young pilots. If they were licensed for only a small aircraft, then that would be fine! Just do a tee wee bit of research to know a bit about the requirements.
That's great to hear! :D
Also did a bit of quick research, the youngest you can start training is 17-18 in both UK and US. Maybe this applies in Japan too? And on average it takes about 1.5-2 years to get a license of sorts. A pilot for combat however, will take at least another 4-5 years (least from what I've seen) I still wanna make her in her early ish twenties. So maybe she's got her license, but never got round to finishing training to be part of the air force fully (at least not a captain) because of an incident. How does that sound?

That's great to hear! :D
Also did a bit of quick research, the youngest you can start training is 17-18 in both UK and US. Maybe this applies in Japan too? And on average it takes about 1.5-2 years to get a license of sorts. A pilot for combat however, will take at least another 4-5 years (least from what I've seen) I still wanna make her in her early ish twenties. So maybe she's got her license, but never got round to finishing training to be part of the air force fully (at least not a captain) because of an incident. How does that sound?
Yes! Thank you for getting the facts! I guess that would be okay, I just wasn’t sure what kind of pilot you were talking about.

I’ll get my character done tomorrow! I was messing with BBCode too much (now it looks worse than before)

Im thinking of a student that committed suicide but lived (maybe because of a spirit/demon? Idk how do spirit ghost things function?)

Ariel Ariel I love her already < 3 She's approved, but I'd also like to know how and when she had started seeing into the spiritual realm. The RP will begin after YC's meeting with Ito and their decision to work for him. Everyone will start with a little one on one with Kohaku so that we can get you introduced to the stat system and have YC do their first job. I'll be working on that shortly for you. Looking forward to it~

doneanddusted doneanddusted aha, I understand that completely! I'm always messing up my codes. It's like peeling an onion and not knowing when to stop.
I'd really like to see where you take that! I plan to have this RP contain some serious content, and YC will be touching into a very real issue. It's reasonable to feel pushed into a very far corner when you live a life tormented by spirits. Like shit, that's scary.
How do they function? Hm, well read above because Rantos asked me some very good questions. Maybe that will answer yours. If not, I'll always do my best to elaborate.

Rantos Rantos , I'm pleased to tell you that Morgan is approved! I just wasn't too sure if you wanted to complete the short story before continuing into the RP. But I'll set up a written response for you shortly as well c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back