• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings It'd be a pain to destroy the world, so let's just RP instead! [1x1 interest check]

diracdelta

Functional enough!
BBSkip.png
Art © Wada Arco / Fate/Grand Order.

Hiya! I haven't roleplayed in a while, and never on RPNation before; this is sort of my attempt to get back into the swing of things. Fingers crossed it turns out okay?​

About Me!
  • I'm seventeen, going on eighteen this year, and my pronouns are they/them.
  • I swear a lot, but if that'll be a problem for you, I can tone it down or knock it off entirely.
  • I don't mind writing only one character or a cast of them in a single RP. (If you like one style better than another, let me know!)
  • I'm not a fast writer and my life doesn't allow for 100% consistent posting times; generally I can manage around one, maybe two posts a week. I'll do my best to communicate before any particularly long periods of inactivity, though!
  • I don’t care how long it takes you to respond to our RP, and you don’t need to tell me why if you don’t want to; I don’t mind waiting days, weeks, or even months for your next post. (Though at that point it would be nice to get a heads up that you’re not ghosting!)
  • I average somewhere from 150 to 600 words in any given response, though that can change depending on muse and material given to work with. Lately I've been pretty low on energy, so most of my responses will likely swing towards the lower end of that scale, if not lower—please don't ask me to meet any specific length requirements, because they're a huge muse-killer for me, especially right now.
  • I love keeping up OOC correspondence to plot, plan, and discuss the RP! …But I can't promise punctual replies. Sometimes you might even see that I'm online and not interacting with you, probably because I don't have the spoons or I haven't figured out what to say yet. If that would upset you, our communication styles might not be compatible.

Partner Wishlist!
  • You're 16 or older.
  • You write in third person POV, past or present tense.
  • You know your way around the English language. (I try not to be super picky about technical correctness, given that this is just a hobby, but frequent errors do affect my ability to enjoy the RP.)
  • Though the length of your posts might not be the same every time, you generally write multiple paragraphs. Like, somewhere—anywhere!—in the ballpark of two to seven.
  • Your first priority while roleplaying is to create an interesting story, whether that's in terms of "what happens to this specific character" or "what happens in this world as a whole," and you don't mind if your OCs have to suffer a little in the process!
  • You're willing to communicate openly about what you want out of the roleplay, even if what you want is for it to end. And I promise I will not be mad! Seriously, the point is that we're both having fun here.

RP Preferences!
  • I don't mind exploring dark subject matter in RP, but please depict it with respect and sensitivity—if at any point it feels like you're glorifying something fucked up or getting your rocks off to our RP, I will end the interaction immediately.
  • If we take this to the RPN forums, please don't use fancy BBCode layouts, super tiny fonts, or Unicode "fonts" or expect me to while we're roleplaying. Not judging you if you like how that kind of thing looks, but it's hard for me to read posts like that, pretty as they may be.
  • I like building original settings with RP partners to roleplay original characters in, whether we're populating whole universes or just one area in a city, but I'm open to writing OCs in existing settings, too! (If that didn't make it clear, I'm primarily an OC roleplayer, and I don't often write canon characters.)
  • I think platonic dynamics are super fun to roleplay, and I likely won't take the initiative to propose any ships between our characters. However, if it's something you want, I am open to playing romances of any orientation as long as romance is not the only focus of the RP; ideally, it wouldn't be the mainfocus either.
    • Related to that: I don't put much thought into character genders, and when left to my own devices, I tend to decide them via coin flips and dice rolls. So if you have preferences on this front, feel free to voice them and I'll try to accommodate, I guess.
  • If you use faceclaims, I'll try to keep them in mind when picturing your character, but I don't use them myself, and I'm not interested in doing so.

(Subversions/specific ideas are separated in indented lines, but I'm also okay with playing any of these concepts straight!)

Current cravings:
  • Superheroes
    • Corporate-funded superheroes in a capitalist dystopia of a city, possibly with Worm-esque superpowered villain groups also included
    • Relevant fandoms: Worm/the Parahumans series. I'm also decently familiar with the Batfamily, if you want to do a DC roleplay with canon characters or a mix of canon and OCs.
  • Urban fantasy
    • Urban fantasy hunters/secret agents, a la Supernatural or the X-Files
  • Post-apocalypse (notinterested in conventional zombie plots)
    • Post-apocalypse road trip (bonus points for fantasy or sci-fi elements!)
  • Xianxia
  • Fate series
  • Okay, I'm not expecting many bites on this one, but if anyone out there is familiar with Chinese quick transmigration webnovels, I think it'd be really fun to RP that kind of plot, with one party playing the transmigrator and the other playing each world's designated love interest.
    • Heck, there doesn't even have to be romance! As long as there's QT involved, I will probably be down. I'm familiar with all the tropes and subversions of this genre—and yes, I know how sad that sounds. These novels are such a guilty pleasure for me, you don't even know.

If you proposed a compelling enough plot/premise/dynamic, I could be persuaded to RP:
  • Magical girls
    • I'm not a big fan of PMMM and similar series, but I'd be amenable to writing in a magical girl setting that strays into darker/straight up horror territory, as long as the darkness isn't too gratuitous, and we're not just roleplaying horrible things happening to children/young teens.
  • Sci-fi, either in space or on Earth
    • Cyberpunk (the genre, not the game)
    • Sci-fi co-existing with fantasical elements like magic
    • Relevant fandoms: (Compilation of) Final Fantasy VII, Steven Universe
  • Regency/medieval "historical" settings with minimal commitment to historical accuracy
    • Otome isekai
  • Harry Potter/similar magical academy settings
  • Naruto
  • Percy Jackson & the Olympians
  • Feel free to ask me about things that aren't on this list, too! I'm sure there's a bunch I've forgotten to include anyway.

If you're interested in roleplaying with me, shoot me a PM, or reply to this thread if you have any questions! Alternatively, PM me for my Discord if you'd prefer to chat there.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back