Istar's Trial

Istar bitterly laughed when the T-intersection greeted her. "I just had to be correct , didn't I?" She took a moment to breathe in deeply , calming herself and subsequently sending another prayer to Corellon. Taking a moment to make her decision , she decided to make her way down the left passage , cautiously glancing (though not entering) the two openings for anything of interest. If there was , she may choose to enter , but assuming there was not she would simply follow it down to it's end.

You carefully walk down the passage, glancing into the first opening.
It looks unremarkable, the same design as the one you are in, but after about what looks like four strides it turns to the left(North).

As you walk past it and up the second you notice the same bland details, except this passage turns to the right(South) after sent four strides.

If you continue past both right hand(east) openings you come to the T-intersection.

Looking to the right(East) the passage continues for about six strides then turning to the right(South).

Looking left(West) it continues for about four strides before you see an opening on the left(south) side. The passage continues past the opening for another four or so strides before turning to the left(south).

Istar did indeed pass by the two openings , reaching the intersection and taking the left passage. Once again she'd take a look down the opening , and if nothing of real interest was there , she would continue on , peering around the corner as the developing pattern was becoming. The increasing passages lining the sides of what she assumed to be the main did give her an idea , however. "I should've brought a peice of paper to create a map with. Next time , I certainly will!"

As you approach and look into the opening on the left you see a passage that goes for about two strides before ending in a wooden door in good repair.

Istar sharply turned into the opening , rather happy to see a door instead of yet another passageway. Cautiously she checked the door over for traps , careful to avoid springing one despite her joy at finding a possible exit.

----------------
Perception:Roll(1d20)+3:8+3 Total:11

Once again unable to locate any traps , Istar gently gripped the iron ring to the door and slowly pulled it towards herself.

You pull on the door and feel resistance. It does not move. But you notice the lack of hinges, which explains why it did not pull open. It looks like it should push open.

Istar nearly smacked herself on the forehead when she realized the door swung outwards. "How did I miss that?" Sighing , she carefully began to push the door open , still alert for traps.

You do not see any traps, however as you lean on the door you feel the familiar sensation of a locked door. It does not open.

Istar sighed as the door failed to budge. "So is every door locked or stuck here , or..?" Nevertheless , she quickly resumed her efforts to open the door , this time sharply slamming the door with her right (dominant) side.

--------------
Strength:Roll(1d20)+3:18+3 Total:21

The door shudders and there is a loud sharp crack. The wood giving way under your onslaught.

As you stumble into the room and see...

The room you started in, the well in the center with the cup still sitting on the ledge of well. Nothing about the room has changed.

Upon seeing that the room was merely the one she started in , Istar groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose.. "Of course it's the same room I started in. Of course it is! Why didn't I see that? I'm in a maze!" After taking a moment to collect herself and pray to her deity , she turned directly about and continued on her way , turning left out of the opening and continuing along to the corner at the end of the passage. Though at least her misadventure with the door had some benefit. "I suppose now I can assume that room is in the center of this maze."

You look down the passage(south) and it extends for about 11 or 13 strides before turning to the left(east)

You peer around the corner and see the passage goes about two strides then turns right(South) and keeps going beyond what your limited sight line.

Istar walked down the short passageway , and halted at the corner. As she did , she glanced around the corner , her free (right) hand holding tightly to her sword.

You look around the corner and can the passage continue straight ahead(south) for about 8 strides(40 ft) or so before ending. However you notice an opening about 4 strides(20 ft) away on the left(east) and a door about two strides(10 ft) past the opening also on the left.

Istar quickly hastened for the door , ignoring the opening entirely. "Hopefully this is the exit!" , she said excitedly. Of course , for all her excitement , she still was cautious. The elf looked over the door for traps , just as she had before.

---------
Perception:Roll(1d20)+3:15+3 Total:18

You rush to door and check it over. You do not find any traps, but you do notice that instead of having the door latch and handle at the side, there is an iron pull ring at the top of the door. This would seem to indicate the pulls down rather then swinging open.

Istar , instead of focusing on her inability to locate traps as she had so often previously , was once again mystified continual oddity of the place she found herself in. "Why would the door pull down? What use is that? I'm already underground! Just what is this place?" Still , she reached upwards and gripped the handle in her free left hand , hoping to slowly pull the door down towards her.

The door easily pulls down, a soft wood on stone grating sound accompanying it, to reveal a larger room then the first room you were in.
The soft silver light showing you the door is on the corner of room, which is about seven strides(35 ft) ahead(east to west) and about five strides to your right (south) and a door on the exact opposite (south west) corner to you.

It appears empty.

Istar walked over the threshold , stepping lightly in hopes of avoiding triggering a trap. Cautiously , she approached the Southwest door , investigating it for traps , or anything else odd about it.

-------------
Perception:Roll(1d20)+3:7+3 Total:10

As you take a few steps into the room you do not notice any traps. On this initial scam it appears to be a normal room, although empty of anything of value, or anything at all.

Seeing nothing in the room , Istar moved to stand directly in front of the southwest door. She was very nearly certain that she had checked it for traps along with the room , and so she gripped the iron ring gently with her right hand. Still , doubt worked it's way into her mind - how well had she scrutinized it , if in fact she had scrutinized it at all? "Can nothing be simple here? I hate this maze!" Then , taking a deep , calming breath , she softly whispered "Corellon , Creator of the Elves , First of the Seldarine , Preserver of Life.. I beseech you , please do not let this place become my tomb." With that , she started to gently pull upon the ring. Her every sense was alert for any sign of danger , her body tense and ready to react.

Users who are viewing this thread