• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

WolfStar12

Self-Loathing Werewolf
In the past, I have made numerous RPGs based off of Wes Anderson’s 2018 stop motion animated film, Isle of Dogs, however, I have decided that this time I’m gonna do the real thing and set the story in the universe of the film.

isle_of_dogs_.jpg

Isle of Dogs: The Roleplay.

In the near future, the city of Megasaki, Japan is plagued by an outbreak of canine influenza, as well as an onset of snout fever. Thankfully, so far the disease has only reached dogs, but the fear of human infection is still at an all time high. As paranoia and hatred of dogs begins to increase, Mayor Kobayashi finally set forth a decree to exile all dogs to Trash Island, a large set of land that was once a series of buildings and inhabited landscapes, now a nationwide dumping ground, in order to prevent further infection to humans. As time will go on, the Mayor’s ward and nephew, Atari Kobayashi, will set forth on Trash Island to search for his dog Spots with the help of a pack of stray dogs, leading to the emancipation of dogs and the uncovering of a series of conspiracies. But this is not where our story will take place. What happened during those days of being trapped on the island?
Set during the events of the film, months before Atari arrived on Trash Island and freed them from their hellish lives. No one is coming to rescue you, so you must play as a dog, exiled to the island to die as you fight, hunt, and negotiate your way for survival, either from the barren wasteland, dog flu, or even other canines. You will meet other dogs, whether friend or foe is your decision, leaving you the choice to either join a pack or stay a loner, with both options having their own pros and cons. Will you fight enemy packs and take control of the island? Will you try to befriend and unite the other members of your dog community? Or will you stick it out alone and worry about your own survival? Peaceful or violent, housedog or stray, everyone’s the same on Trash Island.

Metropolitan Dumping-Grounds
The mainland on Trash Island. It is the largest and most populated section, filled to the brim with piles of trash, makeshift structures, and rivaling packs.
The Middle Fingers
The Utility Complex:
An abandoned utility complex abandoned in the aftermath of a tsunami.
The Nuclear Power Plant:
An old thermal power station mostly destroyed by an earthquake. Some parts of the structure still remain, leading to some dogs inhabiting the area.
The Industrial Estate:
An area of land that was set aside for several factories and business offices. Riddled with ash from the volcanic wave that destroyed it.
Trash Island Athletic Club:
A long forgotten golf course lost to time.
The Tugboat:
A shipwrecked tugboat and the home of Jupiter and Oracle, wise and powerful seers that dogs often go to for guidance.
Kobayashi Park:
An unsuccessful attempt at a theme park by the mayor Kobayashi.
The Far-Away Cuticles
Kobayashi Canine Testing Plant:
An old abandoned research facility. Long before the exile, the lab was used to experiment on dogs before the canines revolted. Now they wander the premises longer than the other dogs on this island. Rumors about these native dogs have spread, leading to many to believe they are cannibals. In reality they have started their own pack, struggling to survive like everyone else.

The black owl serves as the main mode of long distance communication on Trash Island. This melanistic avian occasionally traverses the wastelands of the Isle, from the Metropolitan Dumping Ground to the Far-Away Cuticles, and even back to Megasaki. However, unlike the trapped canines, the owl is not a resident of the Isle of Dogs. It is a nomad, flying from place to place, with Trash Island being a mere reststop. Because of this, no dog knows when the owl will be present nor where on the island it will be. This is why it is crucial for dogs to find the owl in the hopes of communicating important information across the Isle and even back home. While the owl will relay any information to any dog that asks of it, it is not an ally to all. Some dogs, mostly newcomers, may scare off the owl, as if it is another rat or dog. It is important to reach the Black Owl before these foolish canines chase it off, never to be seen again until who knows when.

1. OCs only. Canon characters can be mentioned in passing (such as a lab dog mentioning Spots as their leader or someone bringing up a rumor they heard from Duke), however they will neither be played nor featured prevalently.
2. All characters will be dogs. No humans, non dog animals, or dog hybrids (ie wolfdogs).
3. No godmodding or Mary Sues.
4. Be inclusive of everyone.
5. Swearing is fine but no hate speech.
6. SFW content early. Mild gore will be allowed.
7. You don’t have to have watched the movie to get the plot (it’s just dogs fighting for survival on an island of trash) but it may help.
8. You don’t have to limit yourself to just strays and pets, your character can be a test subject, a fighting dog, a show dog, etc.
9. No fighting OOC.
10. Try to write at least one paragraph.
11. Ask your roleplaying partner if they’re okay with something before you do it IC.
12. This thread may tackle dark themes so please handle them with respect.
13. If there’s anything you’re uncomfortable with, please let me know.
13. Be creative.
15. Have fun!

Sure! Welcome aboard, friend. I’ll start working on a character sheet thread if this gets enough interest.

I like this movie a lot!!!( I love Fantastic Mr.Fox as well) But sadly I will not be able to join. Good luck with the RP anyway!

Hey there. It's been a LONG while since I've been on here (the first time I didn't do much), and I'm not sure if you're going to respond to this, but ever since I first saw the movie, I've been aching to do a roleplay of it! So, how exactly does this work? Do we start the RP here, do I DM you, or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back