thatguyinthestore

Off to a Better Place
This sandbox is canon to The Chronology Series.

For OOC chatter, please see our Discord Server.

A CS isn't required for this roleplay. Simply post as your character in the IC and start having fun!

1601426403006.jpeg

Welcome to the sun-drenched tropical paradise of Isle Delfino! We're so pleased to welcome you to our fabulous resort! Come enjoy a natural wonder-land to which we've added the finest resort facilities, a spectacular amusement park, and succulent seafood! This and more await you on Isle Delfino! Come relax and let us refresh your body and spirit!

That was the video that had arrived in your mailbox the other day, in a mysterious letter with no return address. In the package was one ticket for you, and enough for however many others you wanted to bring on your trip. Despite the mysterious contents of the letter, you eventually found yourself boarding a plane at the nearest airport and flying out to this so-called “tropical paradise”. Maybe it was the promise of fun? Or some mystery? Or maybe it was just the seafood.

Regardless, within time, you had landed and your bags were taken back to your hotel. Which left YOU with a few places to explore!

Delfino Plaza

The main area of your vacation! Delfino Plaza has it all - restaurants, your hotel, bathroom, luxury pools, a movie theater, a spa, and even some shady back alleys! If you're ever lost, just return to this central hub!

1601427086558.jpeg

Ricco Harbor

If you ever wanted to know where Isle Delfino imports their delicious foods and luxurious items, then look no further than Ricco Harbor! With tours running 24/7, you'll learn every aspect of what makes Isle Delfino run the way it does! There's also a tunnel off to the far right, which some say may lead to a surprise, for those brave enough to venture into it...

1601427257609.jpeg

Gelato Beach

For those of you who prefer the true tropical getaway feel, then Gelato Beach is for you! With calming waters that surround a relaxing coral reef, exotic foods to dine on for days, and residents from all over Isle Delfino coming here just to relax, you can't get more "vacation-y" than here!

1601427458328.jpeg

Pinna Park

If you're looking for the perfect place to take the kids for the day, then look no further than Pinna Park! With a roller coaster that spans the width of the entire park, and exciting farris wheel, cotton candy, and more, you and your kids will find yourselves at Pinna Park for hours upon hours! There's even a relaxing garden for you moms, and a bar for you dads!

1601427582001.jpeg

Pianta Village

If you wanted to know how us Piantas get around without being in your way, then feel free to visit us over at Pianta Village! We always love to have new, friendly faces, so don't be afraid to drop on in!

2952897-sms_noki_bay_episode_1_intro.jpg

Noki Bay

Off in the outskirts of Isle Delfino sits Noki Bay, a calm, secluded area of peace and tranquility. You won't find much here other than a few Nokis (the residents of Noki Bay), and the beauties of Mother Nature herself.

Hotel Delfino

After a long day of fun, it's time to hit the hay. And what better place to do that than Hotel Delfino? Our fabulous five-star hotel includes an indoor swimming pool, free room service, free Wi-Fi, all the premium channels, and enough food at our buffet to feed an entire army of hungry Koopas!

Corona_Mountain_Mario_.jpg

Corona Mountain

MANAGEMENT ONLY! DO NOT ENTER!

We hope you enjoy your stay here at Isle Delfino!​

1601491393577.png
Art Source: Seyumei
Lapis

The Lucario leans out from the window in his room, his fur catching the gentle breeze of the Plaza, gazing around at the sights below him. Crimson eyes peer at the harbor, a hint of curiosity beneath them.

The invitation that had been given to him and the rest of his team had no return address, but a ticket for each and every one of them was included; no more, no less. Clearly the sender knew them in some capacity, possibly from their participation in stopping Ganondorf. But why the mystery? Lapis' first guess was that this was a trap. What came after was deciding who would stay and who would go.

After half the team had volunteered to stay behind for their safety and the other half decided to investigate, the latter half boarded the next flight to this 'Isle Delfino' place and taken residence in the hotel.

Lapis looks behind him. His Treasure Bag is neatly tucked under the bed and shut tightly. If anyone were watching or listening, he wouldn't want them to see him digging around his personal belongings. His first order of business here- after getting settled in, that is- is to check the whole room for any bugs that might be hidden. He steps away from the window and begins to search. A decision driven by paranoia, sure. But after all that's happened in the multiverse, is a bugged hotel room on a paradise island really that far-fetched?

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

Vilgax, conqueror of ten worlds
Condition: normal

Prolog
It has been a decent amount of time since we last heard of Vilgax, outside of whatever multiversal disturbances might appear, Vilgax had little to no way to know what has happened during the final stand with Ganondorf. Contact with the MPF was out of the question due to his reputation. Since his last little trip to the mushroom kingdom, he has been preparing for the scenario that has been occurring for who knows how long. It was only when he received yet ANOTHER invitation that he decided to once again take the plunge. Of course, he would be met by resistance by his servant Psyphon. yes, he dreaded the entire situation at the mushroom kingdom due to the fact that his one and only chance to obtain the Omnitrix was foiled by a boy with a big head. But this was no longer about the Omnitrix, it was about keeping his homeworld safe.

That was the video that had arrived in your mailbox the other day, in a mysterious letter with no return address. In the package was one ticket for you, and enough for however many others you wanted to bring on your trip. Despite the mysterious contents of the letter, you eventually found yourself boarding a plane at the nearest airport and flying out to this so-called “tropical paradise”. Maybe it was the promise of fun? Or some mystery? Or maybe it was just the seafood.

It was a means to find out more about the multiversal threat. That was is the only reason why he chose to once again partake in such a trip. That's not even mentioning the distinct similarities between this Isle and the last trip. Due to the lack of mushroom-shaped spaceships to take him there, Vilgax has chosen to take his personal spaceship, the Chimerian Hammer.

Yes, he could just fly out into the vacuum of space. But if this was going to end up like last time, he may as well bring in some of his own preparations. Maybe he might be able to add to his ever-growing power if such could be done. Regardless, he makes his way out of orbit from his home planet and into the depths of space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The present

latest
One unexplained trip latter and he arrives at his destination. A small island for those who have nothing else but leaser to think about. By now, the two drones that he had sent out have most likely managed to bring in his "luggage" If you could call the large container that, to begin with. For now, he will take a look around the Plaza of this island. looking for anyone of note who might be in charge.

"Who here is in charge of this island!?"

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

Five Hargreeves
1601518265380.png
Mood: Drinking His Usual Coffee
Interaction: Diego
Mention: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

Ahh, Isle Delfino.... The tropical resort of dreams, it is the best, funny, & multiversal vacation of the Hargreeves brothers of Five & Diego because once they are entered the multiverse and it could be leading to new and interesting people from different universes, as when the coffee drinking man is grabbing his luggage since it is full of clothes and coffee in which could have his knife throwing brother Diego to join the vacation because he is being told by their siblings to check his brother if he is in trouble during the vacation so he is now in the vacation to bring his luggage saying to him in a loud yet obnoxious voice when he asked him to grab his luggage after they arrived in the resort via a teleportation in a briefcase that could travel them anywhere "Of course not, Diego!!! I am not like Luther because I only teleport but hey at least we're here now! Let's grab our luggages and start to have some fun, brother." He looked around the island while he drink his usual coffee in a pretty good yet formal way is some case because he is by far the most coffee drinking sibling in the family.
Diego Hargreeves
1601519232336.png
Mood: Got Serious to Five
Interaction: Five
Mention: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

Diego sighed and said to his coffee addicted brother in a cold yet monotone voice about the vacation because he does really care about his siblings during his adventures with them"Really, Five?? This is your fault when Allison told me yesterday that I should join you in this freaking vacation, you know!!" He waved his hand with a straight face since he is always been the cold one in the family, but he is there to help out his siblings if there is trouble brewing just like before, but he could just stand there to wait for their reply as well since he would check his knife to check if it is still in good shape and could magnet it back to him.

Last edited:
Lucario found that the hotel room was... pretty bug-free, actually!

ma-2.png

The room was decorated in memorabilia dedicated to the famed hero of Isle Delfino, Mario. But, aside from the obvious adoration for the plump plumber, there didn't appear to be anything too suspicious about the room.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

dbuekrp-b50e1ecd-bb03-423d-97b2-523383c3521d.png

"Well, sir," A nearby blue creature, which was known as a Pianta, said to Vilgax from the side. He sat on the ground and seemed to be holding what looked like... a pineapple, maybe? It was definitely a fruit of some sort. Regardless, he appeared to have the answer to Vilgax's question. "Our leader is out on important business right now. He won't be back for a while."

Laix_Lake Laix_Lake

1601526878529.png

Lapis

The effort to find any bugs turns out to be fruitless. That's good, provided the reason wasn't because he wasn't attentive enough.

Lapis takes a more casual glance around the room. It does look nice. The theming was centered around a certain plumber by the name of Mario, a name that has long been famous throughout the multiverse. Apparently, the greatest Lucario who ever lived once fought by Mario's side to fight back an evil known as Subspace. It would certainly be a pleasure to meet those two some day, Lapis smiles to himself as he closes his window and locks it. He then moves over to his bed to take his new Expedition Gadget from his bag. Ever since a few years ago, the Gadgets had grown more sophisticated to the point where they could play games and send text messages like the 'mobile phones' humans own. After turning his Gadget on and tapping the screen a few times, the Lucario sends a text back to his boss at the Society.

'room checked. no bugs. about to head to the plaza. any update on eric's trail?'

Lapis then stuffs his Gadget back into his Treasure Bag and slings it over his shoulder. With his head held high, he leaves the hotel and heads to the plaza to do some more investigating.

His eye is instantly caught by three creatures that stick out among the residents of the island. Two of them humans, and the third, some green alien. Lapis grimaces. The Aura of the third is bathed in darker reds- a sinister being, no doubt, but one filled with confusion. Caution would need to be taken around the one he has yet to know as Vilgax.

The Pokemon approaches the three, his eyes darting between each one. "Hello. I assume you've all been invited here by a mysterious sender as well," he ganders. He then glances at the blue creature Vilgax had been speaking to. "I overheard your leader is out on business. May I ask who he is?"

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore Laix_Lake Laix_Lake AlexandraRoseLeclerc AlexandraRoseLeclerc

1601530859814.png

Lapis

Lapis narrows his eye incredulously at the creature. Is that really his answer? No, he can't be serious. The Lucario closes his eyes, and the four appendages on the back of his head are raised high in the air. This is how he senses Aura precisely- that way he can tell if this creature is lying or not.

So what's his REAL answer?

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

Five Hargreeves
Isle Delfino (1).jpg
Mood: Trying to be Friendly to The Two New People
Interaction: Lapis, Vilgax, & Pianata
Mention: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore , Laix_Lake Laix_Lake

Five turned to Lapis asking that they are transported by a mysterious sender yet he knew this at all saying to the Lucario "Actually, yes on my opinion... Me and my brother got transported via this briefcase that can transported to different dimensions so we got here after we've got informed of this mysterious sender transporting the four of us in this island. Oh I forgot my manners, my name is Five Hargreeves and this is my brother Diego." He pointed at Diego since he is his brother at all but he cared about his father and the Hargreeves name, he would then asked something to Lapis saying while he is fixing his Umbrella Academy uniform because he is the formal and smartest sibling of the entire family "I suppose that my calculations is that we're not alone in the near future on my opinion, and if we have a happy paradise in this island if we have so many people from different universes to take some rest on battles and fighting monster-" Five then got smacked by Diego behind the head before he could scold his brother saying with a angry yet cold voice towards his taller brother "What are you thinking, Diego?!! You couldn't smack me behind the head just to shut me up on some two strangers that we met?!"
Diego Hargreeves
Isle Delfino (2).jpg
Mood: Shutting Up Five
Interaction: Vilgax, Lapis, & Pianata
Mention: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore , Laix_Lake Laix_Lake , CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

Diego angrily sighed when Five is now doing his calculations again before a hard smack behind his brother's head replying to him after he got scolded by Five "How many times did I and Vanya have to tell you that you shouldn't just started your freaking predictions in strangers that we just met already, Five?!!" He sighed before looking at everyone else while he was holding his luggage with a keen look in him since he didn't expect some people that are already here in the island, he would wait for everyone to reply Five's calculations.

Last edited:
CDFC2C53-8FF6-45A4-B855-CBCBA4B2A7CE.gif
Supergirl arrived at the island with a casual civilian entrance - no Supergirl theatrics or her flying to the island just classic Kara Danvers with her trunks. She might be the few denizens that wasn’t surprised about the invitation nor was she particularly thrilled. Nevertheless she put on a warm smile as she greeted passerby and walked up to her room. Where she would unpack. Because no matter what- any adventure would be better than her last one. (From her perspective of course).

Lealan stretches her arms as she soaks in the suns rays. Having arrived in orbit a few hours ago to catch a flight here, her joint's were getting stiff from all the waiting around. Her dress for this vacation was chosen to allow as much sun onto her person as possible, a simple represenation of classic Human style, designed to show her body while providing cover for her modesty via two piece swimsuit. "You know, S.A.I.L., I'm glad I came here, the Sun alone will be worth the trip!" She speaks out loud, not that she's addressing anybody. In her own hearing, she gets a response. "AFFIRMATIVE. BE AWARE THAT WHILE THIS PLANET HAS LIMITED SPACE TRAVEL, THERE IS ANOTHER SHIP IN ORBIT AROUND THE PLANET. SHOULD I OPEN COMMUNICATIONS?" Lealan thinks to herself, before running hand through her hair, lightly brushing a pink flower sitting there. "No, don't bother, if it's from far away, they're probably here on vacation like we are, best not to bother them." Her gaze travels across the Plaza, spying other people who stick out from the locals.
CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow AlexandraRoseLeclerc AlexandraRoseLeclerc Laix_Lake Laix_Lake

1601835662571.gif After settling down and into her swimwear, Kara goes to the beach. After her last adventure she was glad for a reason to let loose and just relax. Glad for a reason to don her Kara mask. No baddies or devils, no need to fly around tasering shit. She spotted Lealan in swim trunks as well as a group of odd characters but she didn’t bat an eye at them. Oddball characters, wacky adventures. Still better than —- best not to think about it.

She smiled warmly at everyone as she lay down on the sand, soaking in the sun’s rays.

“Aw that’s the stuff! Nice to finally have a vacation after all those.... adventures!”

She says to no one in particular. She then turns to Lelean.

“Do I know you?”

DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

Lealan's observations are interrupted by a blond woman approaching. The woman seems familiar to Lealan, for some reason. The Floran crouches closer to her and gazes at her. "Maybe. You do seem... familiar." Lealan's eyes bore into the stranger's own, black pools unblinkingly question the woman of her origins.
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

“I think we may have seen each other but never actually met...” Kara frowned. She did seem familiar. “Just glad we don’t have any adventures. The last one was hell. My name is Kara. You are?”

DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

"I am Lealan. I'm glad this place is so sunny! I'm sick of Nighttime, Dark Caves, Hell's, and inside structures!" Lealan flops onto the sand, limbs outstretched. "There's only one thing missing from this."

Zwei

Zwei felt like she was cheating every time she looked at the fancy yellow dress she had kept as a memory from her adventures. She felt she was cheating just by existing here on this island. No matter she was here and nothing could .... happen right? She wasn’t sure! Not since that lady broke through Alastor’s barrier, proclaimed the adventure dead, and warped her back into her universe before she could even blink.... and now she was here. On vacation.

where she didn’t know anyone. Anyone until....

“SUPERGIRL!?”

She zoomed toward Supergirl and Lealan, and landed there. “You made it out? How!?”

DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

Lealan spits up sand the new arrival just kicked all over her, then growls aggressively. She stands up and wipes the errant grains off, before relocating to elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread