• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Seems interesting, what role will you take as the GM? Are you going to have a character as well or be more of a DM that controls the world/NPCs?

I see a jojo reference in there Wamuu
Find every method by which to exploit the magic system to suit your preferences

Kill a man by pressurizing the inside of his skull
Render a group comatose by removing the oxygen in the air
Ruin his metallic equipment by heavily oxidizing it

Use their magic with YOUR knowledge....
War has changed

Find every method by which to exploit the magic system to suit your preferences

Kill a man by pressurizing the inside of his skull
Render a group comatose by removing the oxygen in the air
Ruin his metallic equipment by heavily oxidizing it

Use their magic with YOUR knowledge....
War has changed
I have a feeling the two will be working together closely in the workshop. Gonna need a guy to create a vacuum while my character smelts Titanium, can't have it oxidizing

Cenedril Cenedril You could do that, but dark magic is practically unknown so he’ll need to search very well for a clue.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon I’ll have a character but will be controlling the world too. Two jobs at once. ^^

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Engraved gear exists, it’s more like pouring your magic into your weapon (which you will receive on a later date). The more powerful and controlled your magic, the stronger the weapon becomes.

Very interested! I want to play a character who can manipulate and use water, however is meeting people who use dark magic. I feel like it's kind of a good person who hangs out with "bad" people kind of feeling. Let me know if this is still on the table.

2076c0a2f0d425e49203cbb11f0a8746.jpg
Welcome to Cathonia

You died on Earth due to [insert tragic death scene here] however your will to live was strong, so strong even that you got “transported” to the reception area of God himself. There his advisor sat down behind a wooden, polished desk, eyeing you from top to bottom as if she was scanning your entire being. Writing down some words which were necessary for your evaluation. She offered you a seat to sit down in right in front of her, well the only other seat that was standing in the white room. With a soft voice she said: “Welcome to God’s reception. My name is Mary and I will be helping you to find a new place for you to live in. Now, you must wonder why you were chosen…” Tapping her finger thrice against the wood. “God has a soft spot for people like you. He witnessed your death which was quite… unfortunate and he wanted to give you a second chance. You can, of course, decline the offer and you will be sent to your appropriate final stop.” She paused as she waited for your answer which was positive, she smiled gently and nodded.

“Before we can continue, you will need to answer my questions so we can put you in the right place.” She instructed, turning over one of her paper sheets which revealed a list. Instead of asking for them, she handed the list over to you as there was just too much to be filled in. Giving you the time that you needed without rushing as she continued with her other work in the meantime.

Once you were finished, she took the list back and ran over it quickly, calculating which “position” you would get in this new world. She hummed with a nod as she knew exactly what. “So, now that you’ve filled this in, I’ll be sending you over to the planet Ostreo. The kingdom you will be brought up in is Cathonia which is thriving both in economics and has good school facilities. Now, the world is a little bit different from yours. You could say they are still in the “medieval” phace with buildings, clothes, etc. But this world has magic which yours hadn’t which might be interesting to you. The only downside of this all is that you’re actually going to be reborn. You will still have your memories but you will have to start anew. Yes, from childbirth onward which is not negotiable. I will check up on you once in a while to see how everything is going, but I can’t do much when I’m there as then I will be interfering with God’s will which is a big no-no.” She said, laughing sheepishly with a sense of fear of losing her job if she did so. “If you would be nice enough to stand in the glowing circle over there, you’ll be transported in a second.” Pointing towards the circle in front of the door. Once you were on it, she waved before you disappeared with the words “good luck”.

8d108cdf13078f38bf51fc5b76dbf40a.jpg

About Magic
❁ The commonness of magic ranges from Earth to Light while Dark magic is forbidden: Earth > Wind > Water > Fire > Light > Dark
❁ Light magic: A very rare magic that only a number of people can attain.
❁ Dark magic: Dark magic is considered dangerous, so it’s forbidden, and its very knowledge has been concealed from everyone. The dark magic was forbidden because there’s a ritual that’s required in order to acquire dark magic. It needed a sacrifice of another person with magic. This magic is unknown to others and only the highest-ranking people in the country know of it.

About Cathonia
❁ Thriving kingdom.
❁ Magic school can be entered from the age of 16.
❁ Epithets are: Royalty > Duchess/Duke > Marquess/Marquis > Countess/Count > Baron/Baroness > Commoner

Rules
❁ Max. 2 characters per person.
❁ Intermediate level of writing (1 decent paragraph (15 sentences), preferably more).

The start
The RP will start at the age of 16, so you will have gone through quite a bit already. You will start going to the Magic Academy where you’ll learn to control your magic (if you haven’t already). The school takes only 2 years before you can graduate. You can have pre-established relationships with other people or NPCs.
This sounds like exactly what my little heart has been longing for.

Could I play a character with a stunted or non existent magical gift, who get's accepted into the academy due to their families high status?

I'd really love to play a character with extra barriers, that will force me to be ingenuitive in overcoming problems.

Will there be other cultures, and non human races?

I've never done a group roleplay before, this could be interesting for me in a few different ways. I love the concept, but I've never seen any of the anime. I definitely think I'd play and earth babe. I have a big soft spot for nature.

One question though. Where would a character essentially 'start off' in their magical training at the school? Or would it differentiate depending on the student?

Quin- Quin- Only those with actual powers can get accepted into the academy, no matter what kind of status they have. Even if they tried to bribe with money, the principal wouldn't allow it.

What about a stunted magical power? Such as a wind magic user who simply can't produce more than a strong wind. But then makes up for their lack of magical aptitude, by putting excessive effort into martial arts techniques, and strategy.

Fact is, i'm a person who grew up with major disabillities.
For me, portraying the struggle of someone who doesn't measure up to the typical standards, and has to always struggle to prove their worth, and overcome their disabillities with ingenuity and creativity, is basically what i'm all about.

Schools need to get their funding from somewhere. Corruption and nepotism is a pretty universal thing as far as I know.

Unless perhaps this society has some alternate universe utopian system that sidesteps those corrupt elements of society.
If you have such an idea for a society, i'd actually be very intrigued to hear about it. As attempting to design functional utopias is something I really enjoy.

But if you aren't open to someone like me playing, then just let me know.
Guess it might make more sense for someone like my character to just be disowned and stuck mopping floors somewhere, and unable to participate.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck in your RP.

Hi! I'd like to join you guys on this isekai plot :33: I'd go for a water magic type. Got nothing else to say for now until the CS hehe

I've never done a group roleplay before, this could be interesting for me in a few different ways. I love the concept, but I've never seen any of the anime. I definitely think I'd play and earth babe. I have a big soft spot for nature.

One question though. Where would a character essentially 'start off' in their magical training at the school? Or would it differentiate depending on the student?
You can choose to be a first or second year. They both start at the beginning of a new school year.
What about a stunted magical power? Such as a wind magic user who simply can't produce more than a strong wind. But then makes up for their lack of magical aptitude, by putting excessive effort into martial arts techniques, and strategy.

Fact is, i'm a person who grew up with major disabillities.
For me, portraying the struggle of someone who doesn't measure up to the typical standards, and has to always struggle to prove their worth, and overcome their disabillities with ingenuity and creativity, is basically what i'm all about.

Schools need to get their funding from somewhere. Corruption and nepotism is a pretty universal thing as far as I know.

Unless perhaps this society has some alternate universe utopian system that sidesteps those corrupt elements of society.
If you have such an idea for a society, i'd actually be very intrigued to hear about it. As attempting to design functional utopias is something I really enjoy.

But if you aren't open to someone like me playing, then just let me know.
Guess it might make more sense for someone like my character to just be disowned and stuck mopping floors somewhere, and unable to participate.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck in your RP.
That sounds more plausible. If she can produce even the slightest bit of magic from herself (plus she comes from a higher epithet), the school would accept her. You're certainly welcome. ^^

//0-0 i want to join this so bad.

Is it still okay to join?? If not, thats okay, but this seems like a lot of Fun! :D let me just-Quickly take a look at like my multiple children I can use X'D

Edit: I just saw the last post, I'm sorry, don't mind me lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back