• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Isekai work program

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
If you ever read or seen "combatants will be dispatched" then this pitch is easy to understand.
In a cyberpunk future where earth is basically a hollow shell with no resources left and dwindling food supply, a megapower of a corporation has discovered planets similar to ours and have created a experimental long range teleportation device that can lead to solving the world's problems...

Noligiv conglomerate will be sending agents to these worlds with the goals of securing a foothold and building another teleportation device. Humanity is taking over and we have the tech and skills to do so, if you want to play you would be making a character employed by noligiv In some form be it super soldier or more on the tech side.
Your characters will be able to earn food/gear/technology/ammo/weapons/etc depending on your Noligiv rank and money earned!

Nothing beats destroying alien monsters with a laser sword that cuts through anything, expensive as they are for a single use weapon...

Hoping for at least three people with a cut of around seven. Post requirements is around two paragraphs once a week or more if you want.
Like the source material I'm ripping off, the main appeal and story is about people dealing with medieval fantasy worlds and magic monsters using tactics and tech.
So be super soldiers like captain America wielding laser chainsaws in battle or something more cyberpunk if you like.
Your characters would be chipped in the brain so noligiv can track you and your actions to better supply you with the equipment you purchase to be teleported to you.
(A handgun would be less then a weaponised car for example)

Alternatively you could play a native of the world who is easily coerced into joining the team of strangers with dangerous tech

Generally anything is fine but keep some sort of lid on anything you dream up.
If you can imagine said character running through the main quests of multiple fantasy games no problem then they might be to much...
but like I said anything you want is probably fine, laser weapons, cyberware, magic... they each have their own rules to them but generally speaking magic is powerful and limited, tech is generally useful but expensive to rely on...
Mowing down a crowd of monsters with missiles might sound like the shit but you gotta pay for the ammo you know.

"Combatants will be dispatched" was a good read for me so I am quite interested in this.

If i could join then I'd have to reread/watch to come up with a good character idea...

"Combatants will be dispatched" was a good read for me so I am quite interested in this.

If i could join then I'd have to reread/watch to come up with a good character idea...
Anything along the lines of "enhanced human" or "mutant humanoid animal" can work but feel free to get a bit more creative with it

Anything along the lines of "enhanced human" or "mutant humanoid animal" can work but feel free to get a bit more creative with it
Is there the possibility of being a native to the world being affected by these 'newcomers'? Like an orc getting shotguns or a knight getting a motorcycle?

If preferred I can go an do some more research on the enhanced human thing but i dont think id like to play the later. (No disrespect to the mutant humanoid animals especially Tigerman)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104_095727.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104_095727.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 1
Is there the possibility of being a native to the world being affected by these 'newcomers'? Like an orc getting shotguns or a knight getting a motorcycle?

If preferred I can go an do some more research on the enhanced human thing but i dont think id like to play the later. (No disrespect to the mutant humanoid animals especially Tigerman)
You can but the sentient/playable races native to the world's are along the same lines anyway.

Human/humanoid something, they can use tech if given to them and they can possibly have magic depending on what they are.

You can but the sentient/playable races native to the world's are along the same lines anyway.

Human/humanoid something, they can use tech if given to them and they can possibly have magic depending on what they are.
Ik one of the 'native' characters in the series is a humanoid chimera so can I try something dwarf or gnome? Might be pushing it a little but I have an idea for a short person holding weapons too big for them or being able to freely fly on something like a drone.

I could also go down the mutant humanoid route and make something like Rocket from GOTG if needed.

Could most likely work. If whatever native is quick to trust/join for whatever reason in the conquering/takeover of their world then it's acceptable provided it follows the cs.

I'll make a cs page soonish, probably a bit quicker if this suddenly has a auidence lol

My character idea is more cyberpunk with bio-implant grade enhancement. Loosely based off a Cyberpunk version of Kerrigan from StarCraft as a twenty-six-year-old Terran Ghost, a psychic trained both physically and mentally as an expert espionage agent and assassin.

I’m envisioning a sort of mashup between Starcraft and Red Rising, e.g. her equipment is

Have at it

Great! I’ve started thinking about my character. Based on the anime it looks like starting with 2 pieces of decent gear is the norm?

As for 2 skills and 1 weakness, what power level are we going for? Is it like minor skills, lessor magic arrays, OP abilities?

Camouflage, Unseen Arts, or Spatial Magic? Do you get me? I was reading and trying to understand the Iseki Hell system on this board so maybe something in that system would help me make the right level of character.

Another way of asking is like “The Super Soldier Package” one skill or is it for each component that you mentioned: 10x strength, 5x speed, Iron Skin, etc.

Great! I’ve started thinking about my character. Based on the anime it looks like starting with 2 pieces of decent gear is the norm?

As for 2 skills and 1 weakness, what power level are we going for? Is it like minor skills, lessor magic arrays, OP abilities?

Camouflage, Unseen Arts, or Spatial Magic? Do you get me? I was reading and trying to understand the Iseki Hell system on this board so maybe something in that system would help me make the right level of character.

Another way of asking is like “The Super Soldier Package” one skill or is it for each component that you mentioned: 10x strength, 5x speed, Iron Skin, etc.
Geez the character I gave was just a native halfling who is a wondering hobo:o

Although I will try my best to match the seriousness of you guys and your characters.
In short my guy is an adventurer with incredible bad luck and a wanderlust for the unknown
( I just wonder if this will end up like a hobbit x cyberpunk crossover...)

Geez the character I gave was just a native halfling who is a wondering hobo:o

Although I will try my best to match the seriousness of you guys and your characters.
In short my guy is an adventurer with incredible bad luck and a wanderlust for the unknown
( I just wonder if this will end up like a hobbit x cyberpunk crossover...)
The tone of the anime seems to be a mix of fourth wall breaking, perverted humor, and evil domination. As long as you fit one or more of those roles you should be okay?

That being said, maybe you are a homeless hobo hobbit with a homicidal homunculus habitating in your hat?

The tone of the anime seems to be a mix of fourth wall breaking, perverted humor, and evil domination. As long as you fit one or more of those roles you should be okay?

That being said, maybe you are a homeless hobo hobbit with a homicidal homunculus habitating in your hat?
Not going to lie, considering Mallory's horrible luck since birth (my character), I woulnt be suprised he gets stuck with that on accident:closedeyescryingfrown:

Based on the anime, sure a handgun and knife is fine to start with. Though to be technical/nitpicky About it the combat agents uniform is something of a supersuit that buffs the user for a time at the cost of being frozen for a longer time after.

To answer that better though, enhanced or mutant humans would inherently be faster stronger etc
Skills would be along the lines of "cooking" "karate" "boomerangs"
Things a character learned or practiced over time to be considered skilled at said thing.
On the flip of that you don't need to list every inane thing.

For example
Mike Ceede hasnt any skill related to "cooking" but can cook bacon and eggs, assemble that with other ingredients to make a good sandwhich. Won't taste like ass but it won't be anything to brag about as he's not a trained chef. His cooking won't sway the hearts and minds of people.

Anyone capable of holding a sword can swing it like a weapon, but only someone whose trained and practiced could wield it properly or in a impressive manner.

Last edited:
This is what I’ve worked out so far. Tell me if it is inline with your thinking.

Skills: (what they are good at)

Ghost-package:
  • Nolichip, 2nd generation. This “upgrade” chip comes with all the standards you’ve grown to love such as: Tabula Rosa universal translation, Find My Unit via heads up display of location relative to others in your unit, AMazing User Store Experience (AMUSE) offering the full catalog of Evil Gear for world domination. This newest model is upgraded with Noligiv Watch allowing your unit commander to watch and record all your senses in real time, never be alone again! Also includes Non-Disclosure Agreement chip you or your unit commander can use to “remotely and permanently ” ensure this propriatary chip is never stole nor the secrets of Noligiv leaked! But wait, that’s not all, it comes with an Alarm, so your unit commander can choose when you wake up and a Mission Briefing Package, so your unit commander can send you your mission brief.
  • Octopus Stimulation: Octopus Brain matter is alien and mysterious. This addition to key areas of the neocortex result general neural flexibility, ability to dwell in eternal darkness and the deepest depths of the ocean, plus control of four more appendages in optional exoskeleton package. Also enhances latent psychic skills. Physical enhancement include sucker pads on hands and feet, long twitch muscle fibers for a 10x strength / duration squeeze to maintain a position without moving or stopping once started. Unhinged Jaw and Stomach Pouch allows for swallowing local nutrient sources in bulk to enable a weeks worth of survival between feedings.
  • Commando Assassin Training: Through a combination of eternal dream simulation while sleeping and ten years of harsh environment survival, the trainee learns infinite patients to find the perfect shot for a one hit kill at a range of 2 miles with maximum kill zone at 10 miles with 30% accuracy. This includes general weapon proficiency across melee and firearms, harsh environment survival, and scout reconnaissance skills.
  • Psi-Ops package: Some humans have latent psychic abilities that can be enhanced with training and genetic modifications. It comes in different flavors. Her specialty is in “perception modification” which is largely been made technologically irrelevant but it does mean her Extra Sensory Organ (tumor) is pre developed which makes cybernetic interface much more successful according to extensive tests. She can set a “Marker” on a target making it possible to find them anywhere in the world. She can also Ghost herself huh, making others ignore them unless they do something to draw attention.

Flaws: (how they suck, for any two skills add a flaw)
  • Noligiv 2nd Generation chip. Remote detonated, privacy invading, autonomy stealing device designed to insure large investments continue to return or at least not defect.
  • Octupus Tendencies: She is alien, peculiar, solitary, and territorial. She likes to skulk and lurk to a troublesome degree. She stalks things she likes including prey and mates she’s interested in. She can cling and not let go (octopus suction pads on her hands) to people. She really likes squeezing extremely hard, less of a bear hug and more of a Python bone crushing turn a body into jelly, which means she rarely keeps friends or lovers for long.
  • Commando Assassin Package comes with 3x heightened response time with built in paranoia and threat response assumptions backed in means there is no possibility of fitting into any peace loving, sloven, or postcoitalis cuddling. Handlers are advised to use the Remote Alarm functionality to wake up Commando Assassins, waking up with touch will result in death.
  • Over Specialized: She is designed for one shot kill scenarios. She is specialized in single target assassination, waiting patiently for weeks and then exfiltration without a trace. She’s best at long distance 1-2 mile sniper scenarios or stalking an individual or penetrating a group to kill a protected individual and vanishing without a trace. This means she’s garbage in group engagements or if she’s overwhelmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back