• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Isekai Rule Request Thread

Mediocritys Muse

~Great minds think Differently~
It's been a while since I've done a group role play but well I've had an urge to get another one up and running as of late. With that in mind I thought a bit on what kind of role play that I would want. There are certainly many kinds of avenues that I can go down but I find myself wanting to do one that incorporates the kinds of things I like to partake in. So in some form the world will be fantasy based and then it will also involve the isekai-meaning different world-tag.With all of that in mind the scene is pretty much set, meaning the story will be our characters being summoned from earth to help this new world.

Coincidentally having every character being the summoned ones might be a bit limiting so I also wouldn't mind a few people playing other characters as well in the world that they will come to know. The playing of multiple characters is fine as well, since I like the idea of one person commanding at least two mains in a role play. It gives them more avenues to pursue after all.

That in a nutshell is the basic idea but I want to build a bit off of that as well. While the easy and typical summoning hero's to fight a great evil way of doing things would work well enough I think I want to do something a bit different. In this instance I think the reason that they are to be summoned should be some far less grandiose. That's right. The reason I want them to be summoned will be because the kingdom is suffering under incompetent rule and thus they are needed for the betterment of the kingdom.

Since this is the way I want to go, it can either go peacefully with the ruler abdicating control to them or it can be far less so. That will depend on what the other members-that mean you reading-want.

Anyway that's the jest of the idea I had. Further discussion can be done after I get enough people that seem to be interested. Just PM me if you are.

I'm intrigued - I missed the boat on the last few isekai group interest checks I've seen, and it's the genre that got me into RPing in the first place. Your concept has got a lot of potential for court intrigue and politics, which is some good shit.

It might be a good idea to maybe go the Konosuba route as far as being summoned more so as a 'died before time, offered at another chance but you go to a troubled world' kind of situation where you aren't really anything remarkable, its just the world could use anything to help and you probably won't be much help but hey anything to help maybe sway it in favor of good stuff happening is helpful.

That or you could just go the accidental 'wrong place at the wrong time' appropach with them stumbling on some object like a mirror (Witch and the wardrobe style) to another world or something of that nature. It is a good idea I'd say as you bring up to not make it a 'CHOSEN ONES" kind of setup, specially if you go full out and go the "Re:Zero" punching bag route where its about smarts and probably standing no chance at all initially arriving.

Can you tell us a bit about the logistics? Stuff about how detailed you'd like the RP to be, what kind of rules and posting requirements, any character restrictions that might be in place...

Idea Idea : Logistic wise I'd say that at least a paragraph, although more would be great per post. I don't really mind any level of detail, as long as the replies are poignant to the role play and give something for the partners to work off of. As for the character restrictions I think they should be more or less average, at least average in earth standards. Surely when they get summoned over they will be a bit different than those on the new world but I don't want a literal wash of gods walking about. That would make the rp a bit dull.

welian welian : Yeah. I find those kinds of Isekai manga a whole lot more interesting than the typical god level hero gets summoned to fight the demon king tropes.

Hanarei Hanarei : I figured the summoned hero angle would be best. Would give a reason for them all to be in the same place and get the same introduction to the world. Reincarnation would imply that they lived a life on this world before the story starts which would just complicate them all meeting up. A summoning would be the best way, although I think the intention would be that they were only trying to summon one person to assist and ended up with multiples.

Going off of all of that I also figured that each character would be good at a different thing. Like one would be a good diplomat, another would be good with agriculture, and another would be good at military tactics since they were in the military or something like that. Those things can be figured once the actual characters are discussed though.

As for the character restrictions I think they should be more or less average, at least average in earth standards. Surely when they get summoned over they will be a bit different than those on the new world but I don't want a literal wash of gods walking about. That would make the rp a bit dull.
Average in what, to be precise?

Going off of all of that I also figured that each character would be good at a different thing. Like one would be a good diplomat, another would be good with agriculture, and another would be good at military tactics since they were in the military or something like that. Those things can be figured once the actual characters are discussed though.
Does this mean this would be a planning-heavy RP?

I'm definitely interested! I'd gladly play a character from the new world if needed. There was one manga I was reading that used the idea of heroes being summoned to combat the waves of evil creatures, so that's always an idea. Like maybe because of the fact that they were summoned they gain new powers. Or maybe the kingdom is about to be taken over by an enemy kingdom and this is their last-ditch effort? The possibilities are endless!

Idea Idea : Average like a normal human, same strengths and weaknesses. I figure that they will get some form of benefit from being summoned as heroes but it won;t be crazy. Perhaps one will have an affinity with flame, another will have heightened reaction time, another will have an inherit affinity with the sword, and so on. I don't plan on making it that much of a heavy planning role play. Planning to much out usually makes the rp a bit dull for me so a good deal of it will be spur of the moment.

@Eric Yuma: Yeah I have read a load of manga with an Isekai tag, which is the main reason I want to do this kind of rp. Initially the idea of fighting back evil came to mind but I decided to make it more of a domestic kind of thing. Local corruption in the King's court and political reform kind of thing. Although I do fully intend to have other kingdoms that want to take over the one that we shall be summed to help. So wars are certainly a possibility.

Average like a normal human, same strengths and weaknesses. I figure that they will get some form of benefit from being summoned as heroes but it won;t be crazy. Perhaps one will have an affinity with flame, another will have heightened reaction time, another will have an inherit affinity with the sword, and so on. I don't plan on making it that much of a heavy planning role play. Planning to much out usually makes the rp a bit dull for me so a good deal of it will be spur of the moment.
Ooh! So mostly normal humans? I like it, that's going to be interesting!

Whats this? A new chance to bug and poke Hanarei and totally be a lazy generally uninteresting nobody turned fantasy hero?

Where do i sign up?!?

That said, i'm looking for a breath of fresh air, if you would have me i would be most welcome.

Well if everyone that has commented on here decides to join that will be six counting myself.

Suppose the first thing that I should do is create a placeholder RP section and then do a character sheet page as well. Once the characters are decided then the rp can get under way. A bit later I will send out a group PM with everyone in it. We can discuss characters and the like more fully in there.

*raises hand*

I'm interested as well. Well, more like, I might join. Would like to know what the specifics of the RP are before I jump full in. The only other thing that can stop me will be if I have a busy schedule next year.

Tentatively interested~

So there is a possibility physical conflict won't be the central focus of the RP if everything is solved diplomatically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back